New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

Chastised, Makavoy tries to fight the Lich's Influence, but with Acererak being too strong, Makavoy decides to stay away from the group for the time being. The Lich inside inquires Makavoy about the Hand of Vecna.

Why did you let that woman take it? It is rightfully mine. I served Vecna! I fought Vecna!

Makavoy is exhausted. Watching the group from a few meters away, he only nods to Zarina's words.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"Let's camp before we head back. For all we know there's a final stage of the challenge they're going to unleash on us once we return the tokens, it'd be better to heal up and be fresh," I suggest, healing my wounds and diminished strength, and the wounds of anyone else who needs it.

One again I can raise a sturdy shelter for the night.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy has barely spent any spells, so fruitless was the combat for him. But he is so eager to get rid of Acererak's influence, the suggestion of resting seems such a great idea.

Let's do that, better days ahead, One would think.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

The cave with the dead massive pig does not feel as daunting when Mirriana calls forth another gleaming white brick fortress within the cavern. Inside the cool white walls there is bright light, warmth and the group are able to relax in the small common area beside a kitchen with the summoned wicker baskets piled high with fruits and breads. Zarina looks to the others as she strips off her weapon belt placing it in the small sleeping chamber that she chooses for her own.

Swords, bow and dagger join the heavy bandolier of alchemical vials and the battered chain shirt, greaves and vambraces before she rejoins the others, a strange look with gleaming magical crows, rings and bracers atop an otherwise plain homespun green dress. "So we have most of the day to rest up here, does anyone have any suggestions for what we should do?" she asks, "At least in the air of such a vile beast we should be safe as nothing else will come sniffing this way?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy just wants to rest and expel Acererak.

We thus have collected all that we needed. What it is to be done with it? That should be the priority in the morning. That, and getting away from this cave.

Could we destroy Harrowdroth's remaining tusks?

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

After raising the shelter and helping to heal the party's minor injuries, I doff my armour and settle down on some of the more comfortable furnishings to polish it.

"I hope returning the tokens to the fey tomorrow will simply yield us access to Dragotha's phylactery. The Titan, the Nightmare and Quethos have been quite enough, I'm thankful we didn't also have to face the Roc and the Doomshroud."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Donal Ren

"The ways of the Fey are strange, to say the least. Who knows what they may say or do to fulfill their end of the bargain." Donal says, sharpening his blade. "We should be prepared for battle, or at least enter cautiously. I'll be glad once we're back on solid earth again, not this otherworld."
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

The day and night pass in the marble palace in the cave where the party spend most of the time in the palace with the shutters closed enjoying the swirling patterns representing the realms of the outer planes that were on the inside of the shutters. As the morning dawns the heroes assemble once more with the various bits of the task nd head back out once more into the low grey clouds and persistent rain that seems to dominate the Isle of Tilagos.

Its 6 long hours of walking out of the gorges and then across the heathery moors before the wooded clearing with the crystalline growth can be seen. Zarina raises a hand, "I know we are expecting something good here, or at least we hope it will be the location of the phylacyery, but do want to prepare?

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist Talphrin

"You think that they may not honour their word?" Elkist asks, troubled. It was to be expected that the forces of chaos & evil would lie and deceive, but she found it intensely frustrating when those with less defined morals let her down.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

cast various energy immunity & protection from energy spells

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Elkist Talphrin
    Female LG Half-Drow Paladin 4/ Spirit Shaman 11, Level 15, Init 7, HP 90/105, DR DR10/ admantine, Speed 30ft
    AC 30, Touch 12, Flat-footed 28, Fort 21, Ref 18, Will 21, Base Attack Bonus 12
    Ghost touch, Magical Weapon+5 Lightning Sword +22/ +17/ +12 (+12 base, +5 str, +5 weapon) (2d6+12 (+7 str, +5 weapon), 19-20 x2)
    Ghost touch +1 longspear ( , )
    Ghost touch +1 Batorian green steel Hand axe ( , )
    Ghost touch Mithral Full plate of speed +3, Ghost touch +1 Animated heavy steel shield (w/ Magical Vestment+5) (+11 Armor, +7 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 29
    Condition Permanent/ daily effects:

Pal: Aura of good
    Pal: Aura of courage (immune fear, allies +4 morale bonus vs fear)
    Pal: Divine health (immunity to disease)
    SS: Ghost warrior (ghost touch weapons & armour)
    1/2E: Immunity to sleep
    1/2E: +2 save vs enchantment
    1/2E: low light vision
    Armour crystal: +3 competence save vs energy drain, death spells/ effects, inflict spells)
    Circlet: +6 enhancement to Cha
    Belt: +4 enhancement to Str
    Armbands: +2 Str checks & skills, +2 damage on Power attack)
    Mirriana: Imbue with Spell Ability
    Boots: +10ft enhancement speed, +5 competence Jump
    Cloak: +2 resistance all saves
    Magic Weapon +5 (Donal)
    Magic Vestment +5 (Donal)
    Energy Drain - 2 Negative levels

Hour+ effects:

Heart of Earth (spell): +8 resist bull rush, overrun, trip; +22 temp hp
    Heart of Air (spell): +10 enhance Jump
    Heart of X (spell): light fortification (25% resist critical hits & sneak attacks)
    SS: Blessing of the spirits (protection from spirits: +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    SS: Warding of the spirits (magic circle vs spirits:10ft radius +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    Primal instinct (wand): +5 competence initiative & survival

Minute+ effects (not included in stats):

Round+ effects:

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

It’s a long trek in the morning through the mountain foothills before you head across the grassy plains, the island seems to be almost drawing breath as no massive land bulette are seen and no massive flying rice can be observed circling the high cloud shrouded peaks.

Trudging through the grass you soon approach the broad clear grass covered slope where the strange crystalline growth stands that you arrived by and met the 4 wild watchers. As you arrive at the crystal growth the very earth shimmers as the 4 watchers emerge from the land, Tylanthros gleaming the summer sun as the flowers flow down his cape, Beshkawan in a cloud of snow and frost that seems to steam in the air around his pale blue banners, Thadamar with wild flowers of spring following their every step and finally Sayren-Lei in a flurry of red and yellow leaves that swirl in a tiny whirlwind around the Watcher of Autumn

All 4 standing some 60ft from the party on a loose circle around you offer a curt nod before you hear one of the voices in your minds, it’s has a female inflection and then from the aggressive stance of the watcher of autumn you realise it must be Sayren Lei. ”You have learned nothing from your trials. The Roc King lies dead atop his mountain, you slew the dogs of Vecna and the mad Titan but have shown no wisdom. I say no to your quest, I say you must defeat me if you wish to sup from the fountain and gain the knowledge of the Order of Storms.” There is a stirring from the other watchers, the flowery Watcher of Spring turning their back even as the others cross their arms as they await your response to Sayren Lei’s challenge