New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

"Ok everyone, let's head down," I say to the others. "Jump on my mark and I'll arrest our descent at the bottom with my ring."

Spoiler
    Show

Fort save (1d20+19)[32]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Merrick

At his own pace Merrick flies down, keeping off the ground just in case any clumsy tripwires are afoot.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Tal wrinkles his snout in disgust as the scents, both literal and metaphysical wash over him, but he is otherwise unphased, his body and senses automatically adjusting in ways only a shapeshifter can. He relay's his and Lan's message to those above, warning, Cover your noses. It's really foul down here. Nothing thinking, but definitely evil.

I wonder what fire might do to it, he muses to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just standing ready and waiting for the others, keeping his senses alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist

Elkist floats down with Mirriana, her blade guiding her decent somewhat.

With the warning from Tal and Lan she casts her senses around searching for deceitful spirits.

Spoiler: sneaky spirits?
    Show
    Detect spirits 60ft

Spirit =

* All incorporeal undead;
    * All fey;
    * All elementals;
    * Creatures in astral form or with astral bodies (but not a creature physically present on the Astral Plane);
    * All creatures of the spirit subtype (see Oriental Adventures);
    * Spirit folk and telthors (see Unapproachable East);
    * Spirit creatures created by spells such as dream sight or wood wose.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Elliot, Zarina and Miriana float/fly down as Merrill swoops down beside them. Warned by Tal Elkist reaches out with her supernatural senses and then reels back as a massive presence can be felt in the pool

With her witch sight she can feel the creature there, the hatred for the living palpable and like a bitter acrid taste in the back of her throat. She can see the beast waiting under the surface and as she looks it raises its head and meets her own gaze (hidden to all others). A few skulls form the heart of the beast, the rest of it being formed by the liquid acids and spectral hate!

Init

Elkist, Lan and Merrick
    Acid wraith
    Rest of the party

Still incorporeal and currently under the surface of the acidic pool so has improved cover

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist

"'Ware, whatever happened here the spirits curse this place." She steps up next to everyone sword raised in defence as the party fixes its attention on the forming thing. With pure force of will she tries to force it back down, or at least weaken it.

Spoiler: Chastise spirits
    Show
    Chastise spirits: 30ft burst (11d6)[34] Will DC28 for half

7. - Top - End - #97

Merrick

While the threat of acid was diminished, Merrick still appreciates the danger that the spirit represented.

Once all his companions are within rage, he casts Haste.

Spoiler: Haste
    Show
    +1 to hit
    +1 Dodge AC
    14 rounds
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Landahl Snowstrider, Halfling scout

At Elkist's warning, Lan frowned, squinting towards the pool. After a moment, he moved away from the group, slipping to the side as he activated his headband and the wraith came into sight. "Ah ... there you are ..." From there, he waited for the others to engage, already feeling his nerves alive with Merrick's spell.

Lan will run towards the barrels (60') and try to use those for cover until next turn (move action). Activating True Seeing from the headband (standard), and gazing across the cave for anything unusual ... or under an illusion.
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 95 AC: 33 (26->21) FF/Touch: 21/21 (16/16)
    F +16 R +21 (+20) W +13
    Skills: Listen/Spot/Search +19 Move Silently/Hide +21 Tumble +35 D Device +21
    Spells (4/6/6/4/2/2) 0: create water, guidance, mending, light
    1: detect fav enemies, gravity bow, embrace the wild, hunter's mercy, sniper’s shot, surefooted stride
    2: fell the greatest foes, invisibility, invisibility, <s>swift haste</s>, swift haste, exacting shot
    3: decoy image, find the gap, find the gap, foebane
    4: aspect of earth hunter, <s>deeper darkvision</s>
    5: summon nature’s ally V, summon nature’s ally V
    Javelins (+23, 1d4+3 / +24, 1d4+4 w/in 30', bane vs undead)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 2/2 Horizon Walker; 0/3Scout's headband
    Effects: Haste (+1 AC, Ref, 30' move, extra attack w/full; 14 rounds); true seeing (10 rounds); Feat: Deadly Aim; +10 Tumbling; deeper Darkvision (120’, 7 hours); Mass Sacred Protection (+5 AC); Mass Resist Energy (acid 140 min; cold 140 min)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

With an imperctible splashing and flickering the surface layer of the acid pool rises upwards, the skulls in the centre of the "head" turning to face you all, before it shudders as there is a visible impact as the words of power from Elkist send a ripple across its surface! Streaming forward it moves to engage Elkist, Mirriana and Zarina, Merricka dn Tal, ignoring Lan scattering left. To Lan as the headband activates he can see the shimmering spirit and the skulls in the heart of the incorporeal floating acidic wraith.

Rising into the air hovering some 20ft above everyone near the heart of the cavern it thrashes it body and a cloud of spectral gas envelops the 5 heroes (Tal, Merrick, Zarina, Elkist and Mirriana) with searing acid and poisonous fumes

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Flies with perfect maneurablity to near the roof (20ft above the ground)
    Does a spread breath weapon to hit all APAR from Lan
    - (12d6)[49] Acid damage Ref 30 Half
    - Poison effect Fort DC 30 or (1d6)[6] strength damage

10. - Top - End - #100

Merrick

The wizard is stunned by the pure vitriolic menace and reels from the attack.

There but for the grace of Buer. Tal, please warn the others, my acid resistance is not strong enough to withstand this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Twice Buer and the poison immunity has cover my cloven-hooved butt.

Reflex (1d20+8)[19]

Even as the warning goes out he is met with the unfamiliar sensation of severe acid burns.

I did not miss this.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2021-07-02 at 09:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Even though he manages to avoid the worst of the acid spray, Tal feels a light burn and can tell some of his fur has been singed, notwithstanding Merrick's protective magics. I think they already gathered that, Merrick. The choking, poisonous fumes are worse, as he feels them sapping his strength.

Our turn, abomination! he thinks "outloud," not sure if a mindless creature can even "hear" him. He pads first to one side and then leaping over the pool, slashing at the thing's underside as he passes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming from Lan's description that he headed to the NW corner, Tal will pad a little to the SW and then leap to the NE corner, so we'll at least divide up the party and make it harder to target everyone with AOEs. Got a 10' reach, so only need to make a 10' (DC 40) vertical jump to hit something 20' up. With the Str drain, there's actually a remote chance he could fail:

Jump - (1d20+38)[43] (This would be a most unfortunate time for a Nat. 1.)

Assuming that works, it's Dancing Mongoose time: 6 claw attacks.

claw - (1d20+17)[29] damage - (2d6+15)[26] insubstantiality - (1d2)[1] (1s miss)
    claw - (1d20+17)[25] damage - (2d6+15)[23] insubstantiality - (1d2)[2] (1s miss)
    edit: 28 to hit, 26 damage
    claw - (1d20+17)[22] damage - (2d6+15)[26] insubstantiality - (1d2)[1] (1s miss)
    claw - (1d20+17)[26] damage - (2d6+15)[24] insubstantiality - (1d2)[1] (1s miss)
    claw - (1d20+17)[18] damage - (2d6+15)[23] insubstantiality - (1d2)[1] (1s miss)
    claw - (1d20+17)[29] damage - (2d6+15)[21] insubstantiality - (1d2)[2] (1s miss)
    edit: 32 to hit, 34 damage

(That's -3 from str drain and +1 from haste on to-hit and -3 from str drain +2 from favored enemy on damage.)
    This attack penetrates DR/magic.
    If 2 or more claws hit, rend doubles the damage.

Edit: Hmph! Not the best rolls, but if a 25 will hit at least I managed to land 2 and do rending.

Edit2: assuming both claws hit, that’s 60, doubled to 120 damage

Last edited by Stegyre; 2021-07-06 at 09:29 AM.
    Custom Class

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan smirked inwardly as the dragon attacked the group, thankful they looked none the worse for wear but satisfied he had escaped the acid cloud. Tapping into his chronocharm, he sprinted a quick distance and rapidly launched several force javelins towards the ghastly dragon.

Activate Horizon Walker (swift) to move 1/2 speed (30’) w/o AOO to close within 30’. Full action to attack (PBS, Rapid shot, Favored enemy, Skirmish, Bane, Deadly Aim (-3 for +6), and Haste in play).
    Att 1 - (1d20+22)[27], Damage - (1d4+12)[14]+Bane - (2d6)[9]+Skirmish - (6d6)[11]=34
    Att 2 - (1d20+17)[26], Damage - (1d4+12)[13]+Bane - (2d6)[10]+Skirmish - (6d6)[24]=47
    Att 3 - (1d20+12)[18], Damage - (1d4+12)[15]+Bane - (2d6)[10]+Skirmish - (6d6)[22]=47
    RS - (1d20+22)[39], Damage - (1d4+12)[13]+Bane - (2d6)[6]+Skirmish - (6d6)[17]=36
    Haste - (1d20+22)[42], Damage - (1d4+12)[13]+Bane - (2d6)[7]+Skirmish - (6d6)[28]=48 or 63 if a 29 confirms

Show
    F +16 R +21 (+20) W +13
    1: detect fav enemies, gravity bow, embrace the wild, hunter's mercy, sniper’s shot, surefooted stride
    2: fell the greatest foes, invisibility, invisibility, <s>swift haste</s>, swift haste, exacting shot
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 1/2 Horizon Walker; 0/3 Scout's headband
    Effects: Haste (+1 AC, Ref, 30' move, extra attack w/full; 13 rounds); true seeing (9 rounds); Feat: Deadly Aim; +10 Tumbling; deeper Darkvision (120’, 7 hours); Mass Sacred Protection (+5 AC); Mass Resist Energy (acid 140 min; cold 140 min)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-07-03 at 09:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina winces and covers her face as the searing cloud of acid vapours washes over her. She takes a deep breath, ignoring the the skin splitting and cracking as it does so and she moves swiftly sideways , her gloves and circlet flaring together as the gloves of the starry sky release a flurry of tony orbs of force as she channels her power through them, the circlet allowing a flurry of orbs! Moving 40ft to the side to scatter she call out, "Try me beast I defy your weak magics..."
    Show

Know Devotion vs Undead (1d20+25)[44]
    Standard: Magic missile (5d4+5)[17] + (2d6)[4] bane spell
    Swift (circlet): Magic missile (5d4+5)[17] + (2d6)[11] bane spell

Zarina "Brightblade"
    M LG Human Warblade/Ftr/Wiz/S.Sword/Abj.Champ/ JPM 1, Level 1/1/4/1/4/ 4 (15), Init 2,
    HP 106/125 +
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, : +12 to AC/FFooted (G.Luminous)+8 shield+3 Dragon skin = 35
    Fort 14, Ref 11, Will 8, : +6 to all
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2
    Fullblade +1 +16/11/6 (2d8+4, 19-20)
    MW Comp (+2) Longbow (20, 20 cold iron, 10 silver) +16/11/6 (1d8+2, X3)
    Sword Aqaa (thundering +2 sword) +17/12/7 (1d12+5(+1d6 vs undead) , 18-20
    3x Capsule: oleum, A Fire, L.Ember), Wand Chamber (Heroics): Least true death xtal (+1d6 vs undead) (+1d8 on Crit, + Hurricane Wind, + Synergy w/Lightning Sword) [

Lesser crystal of life keeping (+3 vs Death effects, Energy drain, Inflict) Gith craft Mithril Chain Shirt +1, Stacks with armour: Least crystal of Arrow Deflection (+2 AC vs ranged) Dastana +1 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 6, Cha 11
    Condition

Greater Luminous Armour (-4 to hit, +12AC) 24 hours
    Superior Resistance 24 hours (+6 to all saves)
    Heart Earth (+8 vs Trip/Bullrush, +24 Temp HPs, Light fortification) 12 hour
    Heart of Air (+10ft Jump) 12 hours
    Dragon skin (Black)
    Shield
    Mirror Image 6 images
    Fly 14 mins
    Knowledge Devotion +4

Xtal: +3 vs Death/Negative energy effects
    Rite: +2 Saves vs Death / Fear
    AC: 12 arm +8 shield +2 dex+3 nat +5 sacred = 40

Mass Sacred Protection (+5 AC) [Mirriana]; Mass Resist Energy (acid 140 min; cold 140 min) [Merrick/Elkist]

Abilities
    (ACTIVE) Stance: Leading the Charge (+10 damage)
    Stance: Mystic Phoenix (+1 CL, +2 dodge AC, DR 2xSpell/Evil)
    [Ready] Moment Perfect Mind (Ctr)
    [Ready] Divine Surge (strike)
    [Ready] Searing strike (boost)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

The party respond with ferocious abandon against the ethereal beast floating in the air above them. Tal claws at it leaping up, some of his claws making contact, others passing through its wraith like form. Merrick sending out a pulse of quickening magic to boost the allies before Elkist, Lan and Zarina lash out with attacks of pure force. A flurry of enhanced magic missiles slam into its chest from Zarina whilst from Lan a flurry of force javelins tear off vast ethereal chunks of its wispy body. Even as its seeks to float back down to the acidic pool Elkist strides forward holding aloft her holy symbol and a palpable wave of righteous force emanates from her shredding the last few misty parts of the beast!

The cavern is silent now, save for thed ripping of mud and acidici ichors as you look around. There is little of value left in the cavern, several gems (4000gp in total) have survived the acid wraith and destruction wrought upon the lair by Ilthanes brood but the majority of the coins and weapons/armour are pitted, corroded and melted into a single mass of little worth. However there are two adamantine potions bottles partially buried in the laboratory that when examined by Zarina and Merrick hold the promise of great alchemical power!

Spoiler: Ilthane's Potions
    Show

#1: Your eyes turn into that of dragon's eyes with vertical eyelids and deep amethyst iris. THe drinker gains a +1 inherent bonus to Strength and Constitution
    #2: Ridges of sharp bone appear above your eyebrows (think klingon) and you gain a reptialian frill under you chin. The drinker gains a +2 inherent bonus to charisma

15. - Top - End - #105

Merrick

"I wonder if this lair might benefit from some holy sanctification. By the look of it some horrid things have taken place."

A small twinge of regret nags at Merrick. He had hoped to delve the dragon's alchemical knowledge, but it appeared her hubris had ensured her wisdom followed her to the Abyss.

Spoiler: Clarity Cuz I am not Hasted in Wit
    Show
    Are these permanent effect potions, or regular Splendor/Strength/Wisdom/Cunning potions with flair?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"Unfortunate I didn't come prepared to consecrate an area today," I reply to Merrick. "To be honest I had hoped for a little more in the way of dragon treasure."

I gather up the scattered coins and potions to distribute. "I suggest 1000gp or a potion each? Personally I won't be wanting one of the potions, I like my body the way it is!"

"Does anyone need healing? Or restoration from that creature's strength draining vapours? I can cast a couple of Restoration spells now, and I need one for myself, or a I can cast a mass version for everyone if necessary from a higher level."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-07-22 at 05:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina breathes a sigh of relief as the creature explodes into mist and vanishes. She looks at the others, "A strange creature. I suspect it began as another spirit of some kind that Ilthane used in her alchemies before it becae corrupted by the manner of its death and the vile alchemy she was practicing." Finding the strange alchemical potions she eyes them with some suspicion and shakers her head. "Hmm, not something I would recommened," she strokes the scales on her shoulders, "I do not mind the draconic appearance for a short while but I would not trust my body to potions made by such a beast."

As they conclude the searching she flies out of the hole back into the swampy surrounding in the Traitors' Graves and glances at the others as she hovers in the mist glowing softly. "I hesitate to say it but I guess we return to the city, although I would like to investigate the Cult of the Ebon Triad. I know you have discovered evidence of the cult under Diamond Lake and it it was Alhaster had me investigate in Greyhawk. We have seen activity here of the Ebon Triad..." she pauses, mind dwelling on the brutal public execution, "And I cannot help but think there is some link between the evils we chase the Ebon Triad." Looking at Elkist and Mirriana she asks them, "Elkist? Mirriana? What say you? We have the clues about the Priest of St Cuthbert and also the rumours within the city itself as a starting place."

Show

Zarina "Brightblade"
    M LG Human Warblade/Ftr/Wiz/S.Sword/Abj.Champ/ JPM 1, Level 1/1/4/1/4/ 4 (15), Init 2,
    HP 106/125 +
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, : +12 to AC/FFooted (G.Luminous)+8 shield+3 Dragon skin = 35
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2
    3x Capsule: oleum, A Fire, L.Ember), Wand Chamber (Heroics): Least true death xtal (+1d6 vs undead) (+1d8 on Crit, + Hurricane Wind, + Synergy w/Lightning Sword) [

Lesser crystal of life keeping (+3 vs Death effects, Energy drain, Inflict) Gith craft Mithril Chain Shirt +1, Stacks with armour: Least crystal of Arrow Deflection (+2 AC vs ranged) Dastana +1 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Condition

Dragon skin (Black)
    Shield
    Mirror Image 6 images
    Fly 14 mins
    Knowledge Devotion +4

AC: 12 arm +8 shield +2 dex+3 nat +5 sacred = 40

Mass Sacred Protection (+5 AC) [Mirriana]; Mass Resist Energy (acid 140 min; cold 140 min) [Merrick/Elkist]

Abilities

18. - Top - End - #108

Merrick

We should follow the priest’s leads. Illthane was more of a loose end we needed to tie up. Kyuss and Dragotha demand our attention now.

He flies up and joins Zarina at her lofty perch. Looking out at the despotic city he frowns.

A tyrant like Zeech would not like a dragon infestation in his fair city. We might be able to curry a favour from him if we show the reptile problem have been dealt with.

Or they were in league and we’ll tip our hand to Kyuss. Eggs and omelettes.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

With the beast's dealt with the party head back into the city. The oppressive nature of the devilish city immediately weighing down upon them. Trooping through the town doesn't take very long as they potter through the city. The streets closing in around you, the statues smaller and a little chipped and battered. As you head into the town its finally MErrick who's slightly deranged mind manages to connect some of the dots giving thought to the suggestion that the "sinners sanctum" a house where diseases are to be healed or those diseased go to die may be a good point to start your search for the Triad, intimaley associated with disease as they are. The Sinners Sanctumn is supposed to sit atop the Temple to the Cudgel that the notes of Baevard spoke of so it is likley that the rogue archmage once visited this location.

Soon a faint stench can be smelled as you can see a small building standing near in the centre of a small square without anything nearby. A rikety wooden cart parked outside has a trio of bodies upon it, 2 marked with disease like spots. The other that of an old grey haired person. A small wooden sign and the sign of Wee Jas mark the place as a house where death is known to frequent. A few scattered city goers looks suprised at you all as you approach the wooden door. As you reach it the stench of sickness and death washes out, the moans and groans of a dozen weak, feeble and ill people and the faint words of a woman muttering under her breath. Dare you enter?

20. - Top - End - #110

Merrick

Buer and Astaroth have guided Merrick to this place. The twisted Angel of healing repulsed by the suffering, the fallen guardian of cities resigned to such installations.

A hospice where the unwanted go to die. A simple cadre of clerics to a True god would make this a place of comfort within days.

Merrick was not sure if he said that out loud. His head had become home to more and more conversations lately.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"If anyone doesn't want to come in here, I'll understand," I say as I cross the threshold, now clad once more in a simple traveling outfit having rinsed and stowed my heavier armour away once more before re-entering the city.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Tal shrugs, taking his place beside Mir. Illness, like so many other maladies, holds no threat to him. With a thought, he shapeshifts to his less-threatening human form. No sense frightening the sick.
    Custom Class

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina pauses and looks at the building and the sense of decay leaching from within. "This makes sense I guess. Balakarde's notes referenced the works of Rorsch a Priest of the Cudgel who was killed and his temple stolen by a creature known as Mother Maggot. Balakarde when he came hear sought Lashona of course, and he went onto to find Kyuss after that or at least that is what Manzorian claims. But his notes detailed that he believed the Cult of the Ebon Triad was set up here by a powerful agent of Kyuss, although to what end I do not know."

She looks around cautiously, "We should take a care. The house of Sinners Sanctum has a dark reputation. The sick do not come for healing, they come to die in peace as the mistress who runs this place Furpotia is mad. She believes she was chosen by Zeech to tend the sick and the dying and is rumoured to be insane mixing rancid water and strange plants to relieve the pain of the dying."

"The stench of illness here keeps people away but Balakrde's notes had spoken that Mother Maggot thrived in the dying flesh of the city, the crippled god like a maggot in the rotting flesh so it seems a good point to start. In all honesty the from Manzorian's thoughts it seemed here or the Traitor's Graves seemed the most likely places for the Cult of the ebon Triad, or at least their rulership from Mother Maggot to be hiding."
    Show

Zarina "Brightblade"
    HP 106/125 +
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2

Condition

Dragon skin (Black)

AC: 12 arm +2 dex+3 nat = 27

Abilities

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina falls silent as she follows Mirriana across the threshold, drawing her green travelling cloak around her to try and disguise the glow from the luminous armour even further. Inside the threshold is a great stench of death and decay. The ramshackle building seems to be rotting as much as the inhabitants with mould and mildew on many surfaces. In each of the four rooms branching off the hallway are rooms with a half dozen low cots with filthy blankets and about half occupied by a variety of people in various states of illness, sores, pustules and dry coughing masking the low moans of suffering.

As you enter a rusty bell jangles by the door and an shuffling old woman appears at the end of the corridor. She is an old crone with a hunched back, lank grey hair and a filth matted grey dress with Zeech's coat of arms vaguely visible. She pauses, "Hello... has the prince sent you with my potions? he said so many years ago be would supply more potions to remove the suffering... But I make my own until he sends his." She sways, and you realise that both of her eyes are milky and she is near blind. "Who would you be? if you have come to embrace the end then find a bed. there are plenty, the followers of the Ruby Witch remove those who have passed the veil each three day."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

"Which day did they last collect?" Mirriana asks. "We're looking for someone who may have been here."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan hated the place. A death house like this was anathema to a born survivor like the Halfling. He stood with arms crossed, keeping just close enough to the others to benefit from the disease protection. As the others dealt with the old woman, his eyes swept back and forth constantly, looking anywhere but at the blind patron.

Keeping to the back and on look out duty.
    Search - (1d20+19)[37]
    Spot - (1d20+19)[25]
    Listen - (1d20+19)[36]

Show
    F +16 R +21 (+20) W +13
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 1/2 Horizon Walker; 0/3 Scout's headband
    Effects: +10 Tumbling; deeper Darkvision (120’, 7 hours); Mass Sacred Protection (+5 AC); Mass Resist Energy (acid 140 min; cold 140 min)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The woman is insane and grins at Mirriaina, "My dear, they collect every day for the sweet release is granted to all who come here, but some faster or slower. Here child, come and drink of the poppy, you look pale and it will restore your complexion..." The woman offers Mirriana filthy wooden up filled with a white milky sap. Although she seems to think it will help you would suspect it will not do you much good.

Ignoring the crazy lady its Lan's sharp eyes who as he stalks soundlessly through some of the depressing dying rooms spies the outline of a door cunningly hidden behind what appears to have once been a shrine of sorts (although its impossible to say what it was for) but is now a large stone table piled high with herbal detritus and glasses and flasks. But the secret door appears to hinge open a part of the wall and floor and Lan would suspect lead to stairs descending....

Good 37 on the search there!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan looked disgusted at the cup being offered to Mir. Turning away, he paced the room far away from the woman. As his eyes swept the room, he paused as he saw the telltale outline of a door, almost hidden by an old shrine and a table covered in crap. Pausing his search, he waved a hand at the others and pointed to the old shrine, pantomiming with his hands a door, and walking down stairs with his fingers. He pointed to the crazy old woman and gave the sign to 'shoo.'

Woot! Time to head down for more clues!
    Show
    F +16 R +21 (+20) W +13
    Effects: +10 Tumbling; deeper Darkvision (120’, 7 hours); Mass Sacred Protection (+5 AC); Mass Resist Energy (acid 140 min; cold 140 min)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"No, thank you," I reply, politely pushing the cup away. "My partner assures me she likes my complexion the way it is." I nod the Lan to convey that I've understood what he's said, hoping that maybe Elkist or Merrick might be quick enough to think of something to get rod of her.

30. - Top - End - #120

Merrick

Noticing Lan is off doing whatever thing halflings do to find things (he presumed it inate since the scout could always do it), Merrick draws the attention of his mad hostess.

Yes! Please grant me release with your sacred brew! Tell me of your great works so I may too exult in the Ruby Witch’s wisdom!

Certain Buer will alleviate any adverse effect of the concoction, Merrick braces himself for the taste.

Spoiler: Bluff
    Show
    (1d20+9)[23] is needed. I’m only telling her what she wants to hear.