New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars The High Republic

So according to the comics, the Drengir were once allies to the Sith but were betrayed.

This is, if anything, even more puzzling. What does either party get out of this alliance?

All devouring carnivorous plants don't make very good allies.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Which is probably why the Sith betrayed them in the first place.

I would speculate that the Sith provided them with transport ships, (so giving the Drengir the ability to move around rapidly from planet to planet) the Drengir were the Sith's assault troops (so giving the Sith nigh-indestructible cannon fodder) and eventually the Sith considered the Drengir too destructive and betrayed them.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Seriously?
    I assumed they preyed on both sides until they managed to maroon them within that system.
    And then erased all details on that system making it off limits until the "Great Disaster" forced the locals to start exploring properly again and stumbled into that system.
    Thus the Drengir found a way to escape the system and restart their crusade to devour all life...

So if they served the Sith does that mean the Library in the Jedi Temple has records about them?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2021-05-23 at 01:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

I would speculate that the Sith provided them with transport ships, (so giving the Drengir the ability to move around rapidly from planet to planet) the Drengir were the Sith's assault troops (so giving the Sith nigh-indestructible cannon fodder) and eventually the Sith considered the Drengir too destructive and betrayed them.
    This does make sense, in some kind of of 'planning to betray you before you betray me' alliance. It technically works, but it's Umbrella Corporation logic.

Spoiler
    Show
    So if they served the Sith does that mean the Library in the Jedi Temple has records about them?

Interesting question.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    No, those records were eaten by dogs.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Hamish's speculations make perfect sense, but my brain is rebelling against it for some reason I don't fully understand.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite actively disliking ITD and thinking LOTJ was okay, I'm still interested in what happens in the next instalment, if not enough to buy it this time. Dammit brain, stop it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone read The Rising Storm?