New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Argus Panoptes: A Murder Mystery

Samuel Waters shrugged at Gn0me's question. "The faster the better but it's not like you have a deadline. Not yet, at least. If you don't come up with results in a couple of days, Argus will probably involve other investigators."

Spoiler: Well-Informed (Amika)
    Show

What Amika has heard mostly confirms what they have been told about Jeanenne Namera. She was known as a fairly brilliant — but occasionally sloppy — hacker and programmer who took what jobs interested her and usually charged a lot but not unreasonably so. Though there were some rumors she has done some work pro bono lately. Not much has been said about her personality, she was a loner and seems to have rarely spoken to anyone she didn't need to (at least in person). On the job, she usually seemed disciplined and focused but sometimes overestimating her skills and taking unnecessary risks.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Amika thought out loud. "From what I've heard, Ms. Namera was a competent loner. Not the kind who'd attract grudges easily. Unless the killer's an unusually entitled stalker who got turned down, this murder probably wasn't a personal grudge." She gestured in the general direction of the victim's neck. "But there's a clear difference between how she was murdered and how the others were." She sighed. "Here's hoping our investigative types turn up something useful. I've got some calls to make."

Spoiler: Flashbacks
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    The first thing would, of course, be to ask if any of her contacts who'd been in this part of town at the right time saw anyone with a becamera'd paintball rifle and some balloons passing through and where they went or came from; with luck, she could ask someone else close to where the first contact's testimony left off the same questions and trace the perp's movements forward or backwards in time to another lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    To pass the time, Amika started flipping through her digital rolodex, figuring out who could be contacted for relevant inquiries.

She started making calls to people she knew who wouldn't be busy, who might have been in the right time and place to see or hear something useful.

(I assume this would be some kind of Investigation check?)
    Last edited by GreatWyrmGold; 2021-02-19 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well then, when we've something more to investigate let me know. Being a cat, I'm not particularly skilled with... human things. They won't even let me have a gun! But I'll make do with what I have."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Pacing back and forth, Samuel Waters looked around the crime scene and the investigators. "Not to rush anyone but I have other things to do, is there anything else you need of me? Remember, just tap your cards to get answers directly from Argus."

Spoiler: Investigation (Amika)
    Show

None of the contacts Amika checks with has seen anyone with balloons and/or a paintball gun near that time and place. Several have seen people with bags large enough to hide the items in question (assuming the balloons weren't yet filled) but there are too many to check out without any other way of narrowing it down. However, the contacts promise to put out the word about what Amika is looking for.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-02-27 at 07:56 AM.