Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 327
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Smugglers & Scallywags

    Spoiler: Original Post
    Show
    You lot are captains - captains of ships, and captains of industry. You've made a fine fortune for yourselves sailing the seven seas and trading any worthwhile cargo you can get your hands on. It can be a bit of a cutthroat business at times, but there's rules, codes, guidelines that are to be observed. Nobody wants to bring the law down on all of us, so we have to play within the lines. And if anybody doesn't...well, it's easier to keep things between each other, easier to deal with the scofflaws in backalleys than in courtrooms, savvy?

    Well, it seems that time has come once again: a royal navy ship was sunk not too long ago, and a good bit of marked cargo they were carrying has started showing up around town. People talk, and sooner or later that talk's gonna reach the last ears you want 'em to. Best to make sure that when Her Majesty's best come sailing in, they find the job's already done for them. Find the pirates among the merchants and hang 'em dead, or risk joining them.


    Spoiler: Basic Mechanics
    Show
    This is a game of Werewolf/Mafia. It functions somewhat like "Among Us", if you are more familiar with that game.

    Prior to the game starting, I will randomly assign roles to players from the lists below. The role you receive will define your win condition and what powers you have (if any). If you are a member of the scumteam, you will start the game in secret contact with other carriers, which you can use to discuss strategy without being discovered.

    The game will start on a Day Phase; the first Day Phase will last 72 hours, while subsequent ones will last 48 hours. During any Day Phase, all players can vote for who they wish to "lynch" (remove from the game) that phase. Your vote is not set in stone once cast, and you can recast your vote at any time (or even unvote entirely), provided that the phase has not ended. To cast your vote, please bold and color in red the name of the person you wish to vote. It doesn't have to be their forum name proper, or some official "I vote [name]", as long as it's recognizable who you're voting and the formatting has been done. If you re-vote, or un-vote without re-voting, please go back and edit your previous vote-post to strikethrough your previous votes. I will count the first uncrossed votes I find from you, so don't come crying to me if I counted the ones you didn't intend to vote because you didn't cross out the old ones.



    At the end of the day phase, I'll tally votes, declare how many votes each wagon received. Whichever wagon has the most votes is lynched. I will then inform the other players of that person's role and alignment. If there was a tie between who had the most votes, whichever wagon reaches that vote total first will be the one who gets lynched.

    After a Day Phase ends, the game will shift to the Night Phase; all Night Phases will last 24 hours. If you possess a power that lets you target somebody during the Night Phase, this is the time to use it. During this time, the scum team will be able to select a non-scum player to be killed (as well as using whatever other powers they might have as well). After a Night Phase ends, the game will shift to the Day Phase once more.

    This cycle will repeat until one of two things happens: either all members of one team or the other is eliminated, or the elimination of all members of one team is inevitable. For example, if you get to a Day Phase with 7 players left (3 town, 4 scum), town has basically already lost, and so a Mercy Rule will be invoked to call the game early instead of making everybody play through the next 120 hours.


    Spoiler: Special Rules
    Show
    1) There are no roles confirmed to be in the game. The only time I will provide role confirmation is when I tell you what your role via PM, and when I reveal your role upon your death. I will say that this is neither an all-power-role game, nor is it a no-power-role game.

    2) Players are not allowed to set up QuickTopic chats for this game. If a power dictates that one should be set-up, I will set it up myself. If you have a power that requires activation and/or targeting, inform me via the private QT I set up for you and me.

    3) This game will feature one small element of random chance. No, I will not specify what that is.


    Player List:
    • Book Wombat
    • Caerulea
    • CaoimhinTheCape
    • Captain Cap
    • Elenna
    • JeenLeen
    • Libro
    • PartyOfRouges
    • The Outsider
    • Valmark
    • Xihirli


    If you see this early, don't start posting until I give the all-clear.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Apogee1's Stranger Things Mafia

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Day One Ends In 72 Hours


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Apogee1's Stranger Things Mafia

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    To start I shall do an RNG vote:
    - It's a piece of eight!

    PartyOfRouges
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-01-10 at 02:08 PM.
    Rule Number One: Do not steal cookies.
    Avatar by linkele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Byar! Find ye sea legs and batten those hatches! Avast those rums and hold the tiller line! Let her run straight and true!
    Aye! Aye! Aye! Aye!

    Anyway Elenna.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-01-12 at 05:22 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Book Wombat, first of the list!

    Did anybody see my parrot?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-12 at 07:26 AM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Avast, Caerulea! Explain yerself now or be sent ter Davy Jones' locker!

    Yarr harr fiddle dee dee...
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2021-01-12 at 02:07 PM.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Libro! It's been a while! Can I assume that you kept to the code in your time away?!?






    Vote Count:

    PartyOfRogues (1): Book Wombat
    Elenna (1): Xihirli
    Book Wombat (1): Valmark
    Caerulea (1): The Outsider
    Libro (1): CaoimhinTheCape

    Not Voting (6): Caerulea, Captain Cap, Elenna, JeenLeen, Libro, PartyOfRouges
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-01-13 at 12:13 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Tomorrow or Yesterday
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    The Outsider! I'm sorry that I'm late, but I was baking a cake. Everyone except you gets a slice.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

    You may use whatever pronouns you like when referring to me.

    CPW, next time THINK before you post something stupid!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Xihrili for having the nerve to be at the bottom of the list.
    Last edited by PartyOfRogues; 2021-01-13 at 01:46 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    I... But... Now wait just a... You can't...
    No cake? At all?
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Book Wombat, first of the list!

    Did anybody see my parrot?
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Xihrili for having the nerve to be at the bottom of the list.
    My nemesis has appeared.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Wait a minute, I thought it was illegal for PartyOfRouges to post on D1


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Apogee1's Stranger Things Mafia

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought it was illegal for PartyOfRouges to post on D1
    The only rules out here are the laws of the high seas matey!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Xihrili for having the nerve to be at the bottom of the list.
    Shiver me timbers! Someone be itchin' ta walk the plank!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Let's put a second vote on someone. RNG suggests The Outsider.

    ...insert roleplay here?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Korprulu sector
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Libro! It's been a while! Can I assume that you kept to the code in your time away?!?

    As sure as the tides that have gathered us here, I have taken no steps towards our ruination. My ship has been ten leagues south patrolling the edge of the Dragonís Teeth. Until Caiphonís Beacon was rebuilt lamplight guided the way to Mistharbor. With the contract's end I secured rights to scour the shoal for anything of value, so let us make this matter brief.

    For my part, a question to Captain Cap. Why have I seen your galleon in the southern ports? Are you afraid word of marked wares would reach Her Majesty faster in the north?
    In-character poke vote.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Let's put a second vote on someone. RNG suggests The Outsider.

    ...insert roleplay here?
    I was going to put a second vote on you, Elenna, to get discussion going, but since you just formed a wagon on someone, I'll form another one by putting a vote on Book Wombat instead.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-01-12 at 09:37 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    We've done a bit of a roll call and it seems Captain Cap is the only one of us yet to speak! Tell us, what are your suspicions? Funny that the only one of us using the title is yet to join.




    Vote Count:

    PartyOfRogues (1): Book Wombat
    Elenna (1): Xihirli
    Book Wombat (2): Valmark, JeenLeen
    Caerulea (1): The Outsider
    The Outsider (2): Caerulea, Elenna
    Xihirli (1): PartyOfRouges
    Captain Cap (2): Libro, CaoimhinTheCape


    Not Voting (1): Captain Cap

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post

    For my part, a question to Captain Cap. Why have I seen your galleon in the southern ports? Are you afraid word of marked wares would reach Her Majesty faster in the north?
    In-character poke vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    We've done a bit of a roll call and it seems Captain Cap is the only one of us yet to speak! Tell us, what are your suspicions?
    Sorry for the lateness, you unscrupulous sharks, I was just waiting an important cargo from the South. And don't worry, I'm not going to tell you a thing about it: pirates or not, you're all slimy scum jealous of my riches, especially you, PartyOfRogues.


    Vote Count:
    PartyOfRogues (2): Book Wombat, Captain Cap
    Elenna (1): Xihirli
    Book Wombat (2): Valmark, JeenLeen
    Caerulea (1): The Outsider
    The Outsider (2): Caerulea, Elenna
    Xihirli (1): PartyOfRouges
    Captain Cap (2): Libro, CaoimhinTheCape

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Yarrrrrr! What 'bout me be suggestin' of the poor conduct, byahar?

    Now to sing my favorite song!

    Aye! Aye! Aye! Aye! Aye!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Alright, this game has been way too silent. Let's take an hard stance.

    PartyOfRogues, then. Anybody got anything to say?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Right, I should speak up first.

    It's kind of an arbitrary decision from the biggest wagons- in this case I went for the one that is usually the least online.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-12 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Grammar errors.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    In agreement with Valmark, and I'll hazard some information to try to draw out discussion. We have (as far as I can tell) zero evidence for or against anyone as a wolf since everyone has been quiet, so let's see if we can figure out something about the game that will help us pinpoint the wolves. I've been pondering three things. Here's hoping at least one gets discussion going.


    One: Rules and Metagame

    AV said this is a game with some players with powers, but not everyone has powers.
    I've also contemplated if there are masons or not in the game. Keep in mind that AV said she won't confirm alignment/roles except at death. If you have a mason-buddy that isn't confirmed town, well, keep in mind they aren't confirmed town.

    Unless something really wonky is going on with the power distribution, our player count means 1 or 2 wolves. I expect 0 neutrals for this game. If there is just 1 wolf, I anticipate they have a really good power. If there's 2, probably normal powers. More wolves seems very unlikely, unless we're in a situation like the townies have powers and the wolves have none.

    I don't expect most to speak up if they are vanilla or town, or to be honest if they do. (After all, a vanilla townie wants to draw attention so the wolves leave the powered alone.) Nor do I expect the masons to speak up now, if any exist: if they are town, they need to keep the wolves from knowing about their network. But these potentialities are something to consider.

    Two: The 4 Wagons

    It seems rare that we have a 4-way tie.
    And, after the tie, things went silent. That could mean the wolves were complacent and happy with that lynch target, or it could be that they know things are likely to change as someone will get antsy and want to get discussion going. So I don't quite know what to make of this tie, but I'm definitely interested to see how things get going.

    That Valmark sorta started discussion is useful info. Definitely a town move to start discussion, but he didn't add much actual discussion (before his add-on edit/post) so it could be a wolf trying to look town... but if he was a wolf, I think he would have been self-conscious enough to make that part of his original post. (Did I say that logic-chain right? Basically, I don't think he'd have had an edit-post if he was a wolf.)
    So unless he's doing some good WIFOM, I definitely get a town vibe from Valmark.
    Valmark put a third vote on PoR. So, if PoR flips wolf, Valmark is definitely town. On the other hand, this saved the lead wagon (The Outsider), so if The Outsider flips wolf later on, we should look at Valmark. (Could be coincidence, but it's something.)

    I also think the wolves might be happy if one of the last wagons contains one of their own, but I doubt it's a wolf who would have put the 2nd vote as a distancing measure. Too risky since anyone could bump to 3 votes and be up for lynch.
    So if PoR flips wolf, I think Captain Cap is town. Not definite -- could be risky distancing -- but probable he's Town.

    Sometimes during D1, I find it handy to look less at evidence for who is a wolf or town (since we have almost no evidence, usually), but more helpful to look at whose death will yield the most evidence. And, at the moment, PoR's death is looking that way.

    Three: Is AV in the game?

    We've got no standard narrator death in the opening post. And this gamemaster is AV.
    I think it'd be unhelpful for anyone to vote AV at this stage -- doing so just adds noise to the discussion and such noise potentially helps the wolves. BUT if there is a town vigilante, I recommend you kill AV unless you have really strong suspicions about who the wolves are. (Town vig likely has little intel at end of D1, so their kill is more likely to randomly hit a townie than a wolf.) If you are the type to not kill D1 (as many have said is wise), this would be a way to use your power to potentially get some info (even if probably useless meta-game info) instead of just doing nothing.

    @AV: if you are willing to confirm or not if voting you or targeting you does anything, much appreciated. Don't expect you to answer, but, well, no harm in asking (unless you have a hidden meta-rule that asking does hurt, but I highly doubt you'd be unfair like that )

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Well I suppose I should at least make a tied wagon, The Outsider, come back inside!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Well I suppose I should at least make a tied wagon, The Outsider, come back inside!
    So we've now at a 2-wagon race. The Outsider will presumably vote PoR to try to stay alive, so... I'll add a vote to The Outsider to keep both at 4.
    I'm a bit fuzzy-headed right now, so if I messed up that vote logic and should have voted elsewhere, someone let me know!

    Vote Count for the 2 Main Wagons:
    PartyOfRogues (3, but should be 4 soon): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark, soon to add The Outsider
    The Outsider (4): Caerulea, Elenna, PartyOfRouges, JeenLeen
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-01-12 at 11:30 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    @AV: if you are willing to confirm or not if voting you or targeting you does anything, much appreciated. Don't expect you to answer, but, well, no harm in asking (unless you have a hidden meta-rule that asking does hurt, but I highly doubt you'd be unfair like that )
    This is a weird question to ask and answer. If the truth is "no, I can't be targeted", then I'd say "no, I can't be targeted". If the truth is "yes, I can be targeted", then I'd say "no, I can't be targeted". So...

    No, I can't be targeted.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Apogee1's Stranger Things Mafia

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    This is a weird question to ask and answer. If the truth is "no, I can't be targeted", then I'd say "no, I can't be targeted". If the truth is "yes, I can be targeted", then I'd say "no, I can't be targeted". So...

    No, I can't be targeted.
    I was expecting a "No comment"
    So, yeah, town vig, if you exist and have nothing better to do, I recommend trying to kill AV.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    So we've now at a 2-wagon race. The Outsider will presumably vote PoR to try to stay alive, so... I'll add a vote to The Outsider to keep both at 4.
    I'm a bit fuzzy-headed right now, so if I messed up that vote logic and should have voted elsewhere, someone let me know!

    Vote Count for the 2 Main Wagons:
    PartyOfRogues (3, but should be 4 soon): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark, soon to add The Outsider
    The Outsider (4): Caerulea, Elenna, PartyOfRouges, JeenLeen
    Yeah, the vote logic is correct unless you make a distinction on who is up for the lynch (meaning they were tied with PoR in the lead and now they would be tied with TO in the lead).

    As far as not adding actual discussion... Eh, it's true. I was hoping someone else would be able to get it going if I prompted it (which worked).

    Personally I think that the wolves were in a situation where they either didn't care or couldn't afford to move their vote safely- it'd be interesting to see what happens when the competing wagons have been reduced to two.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Yeah, the vote logic is correct unless you make a distinction on who is up for the lynch (meaning they were tied with PoR in the lead and now they would be tied with TO in the lead).
    Ah, yeah. I'll UNVOTE for now, assuming that's legit by the rules. Not sure if that resets the "who got there first" or not, but I'll let others decide to save someone or wait on The Outsider.

    Personally I think that the wolves were in a situation where they either didn't care or couldn't afford to move their vote safely- it'd be interesting to see what happens when the competing wagons have been reduced to two.
    Yeah, probably so.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-01-13 at 12:34 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    This is a weird question to ask and answer. If the truth is "no, I can't be targeted", then I'd say "no, I can't be targeted". If the truth is "yes, I can be targeted", then I'd say "no, I can't be targeted". So...

    No, I can't be targeted.
    Spoiler: Reaction
    Show




    To catch up - I still don't have much major to comment on, since these votes are all really still mostly random Day 1 stuff. I'm curious to see what happens as we get close to deadline (January 13, 2:00 PM EST) what people claim.


    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    One: Rules and Metagame

    AV said this is a game with some players with powers, but not everyone has powers.
    I've also contemplated if there are masons or not in the game. Keep in mind that AV said she won't confirm alignment/roles except at death. If you have a mason-buddy that isn't confirmed town, well, keep in mind they aren't confirmed town.

    Two: The 4 Wagons

    It seems rare that we have a 4-way tie.
    And, after the tie, things went silent. That could mean the wolves were complacent and happy with that lynch target, or it could be that they know things are likely to change as someone will get antsy and want to get discussion going. So I don't quite know what to make of this tie, but I'm definitely interested to see how things get going.

    Three: Is AV in the game?

    We've got no standard narrator death in the opening post. And this gamemaster is AV.
    I think it'd be unhelpful for anyone to vote AV at this stage -- doing so just adds noise to the discussion and such noise potentially helps the wolves. BUT if there is a town vigilante, I recommend you kill AV unless you have really strong suspicions about who the wolves are. (Town vig likely has little intel at end of D1, so their kill is more likely to randomly hit a townie than a wolf.) If you are the type to not kill D1 (as many have said is wise), this would be a way to use your power to potentially get some info (even if probably useless meta-game info) instead of just doing nothing.

    One: Powers
    I would guess that there are 2 Wolves and more powers, rather than a 1v10 game. My instinct would be to have a team of wolves rather than a SK game, but that's just me.

    As for what powers, not sure what powers there would be and since there aren't even example roles I'm not sure speculating will get us too far. At least, I don't have more to say on powers until people make public claims.


    Two: Wagons
    Not sure what we can tell yet from the 4 way tie, but it is interesting. Valmark's vote makes a 3 person wagon and breaks a 2 person wagon. Either a townie move to try and make some discussion happen or a Wolf move to protect a buddy (Outsider, Captain Cap, or Book Wombat).

    Wolves could also be happy with all 4 of those wagons and just don't want to make waves (pun not originally intended).


    Three: AV in the game
    I hadn't thought of that, but I surprisingly like your idea of a potential Vig shooting AV as a way to prove a Vig is in the game while not accidentally shooting a Townie. There's the off chance that AV is not only in the game but also Town aligned, but I think that's a bit unlikely.


    JEEN

    I also wanna comment on jeen's posts on their own. Sure they look townie, but there are other options too.

    Might be a townsperson looking to get something going today. Another option is that jeen is a wolf with someone in trouble. Something weird about jeen's vote tally in post #24 with the "two main wagons" not mentioning captain cap being a close wagon too. Only was one vote less than the others (3 v 3 v 2) until jeen's vote made it 4v3v2. Not necessarily a wolf tell but there might be a connection between jeen and captain cap.

    Basically, i wanted to put out the idea that jeen could be protecting a buddy with that vote. Ultimately doesn't change anything right now but gonna keep it in mind. Don't know what to make of the unvote either. Don't plan on changing my own vote right now. Yeah, i'm not on either of the two "main wagons" but those might get shaken up as we get closer to deadline anyway.


    Valmark

    Willing to lean town on Val also, but it's not a strong lean yet. Just that Val has posted a few times so far.


    Everyone else

    No other reads. It's D1 random votes so far.






    On that note, we're about 25 hours until deadline, so does anyone on the chopping block have anything to say right now?





    Vote Count:
    PartyOfRogues (3): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark
    Elenna (1): Xihirli
    Caerulea (1): The Outsider
    The Outsider (3): Caerulea, Elenna, PartyOfRouges
    Captain Cap (2): Libro, CaoimhinTheCape

    Not Voting (1): JeenLeen

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Oh boy, stuff happened while I was away. Well, to start with, self-preservation vote on PartyofRouges. Anything else...

    -Going along with Caoiminh's logic, Valmark's vote means they're either a Townie, or a wolf trying to help someone in the tie. Since I know I'm not a wolf, they're either a townie or in cahoots with Captain Cap/Book Wombat. So if either flips wolf we should keep that in mind.

    -I agree with the sentiment that we have two wolves with standard powers. I'd even hazard a guess that one of them is a Beast type "kill you when I'm killed" role, since that seems to be a popular choice in these games. (I could be 100% wrong on this one, since it's AV at the helm.)

    -I'm... still deciphering Jeen's actions, though I'm grateful for the unvote. That being said, I think it's too early to solidly declare Town/Wolf alignment from their actions. Slight Town lean, though, for starting discussion.

    -Shoot AV. It's the only way to be sure.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •