New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Ah, yeah. I'll UNVOTE for now, assuming that's legit by the rules. Not sure if that resets the "who got there first" or not, but I'll let others decide to save someone or wait on The Outsider.

Yeah, probably so.
    I'm now wondering- why is it that you'd rather have someone else choose?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

I don't really like either wagon. Captain Cap's silence on the wagon (not saying his vote is fishy, just his subsequent silence) makes him feel... of... ta me.
    Um... yar.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Alright, this game has been way too silent. Let's take an hard stance.

PartyOfRogues, then. Anybody got anything to say?

- - - Updated - - -

Right, I should speak up first.

It's kind of an arbitrary decision from the biggest wagons- in this case I went for the one that is usually the least online.
    I like that Valmark is starting discussion, but why poke a quiet player if your goal is to get people to talk?

Unless something really wonky is going on with the power distribution, our player count means 1 or 2 wolves. I expect 0 neutrals for this game. If there is just 1 wolf, I anticipate they have a really good power. If there's 2, probably normal powers. More wolves seems very unlikely, unless we're in a situation like the townies have powers and the wolves have none.
    IMO two wolves is more likely, to avoid the awkward case where town gets lucky and lynches the only wolf D1. But this is an AV game, so who knows, I'm sure there's some unusual roles around somewhere.

The four-way tie is interesting but I'm not sure how much information we can get out of it before we see some flips. Could be that the wolves were fine with all the targets, could be they were only fine with the first person to hit 2 votes, could be they wanted the lynch target to change but decided that with more than half of D1 left it wasn't worth drawing attention by changing votes, could be Valmark is a wolf who wanted the lynch target to change...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I like that Valmark is starting discussion, but why poke a quiet player if your goal is to get people to talk?
    Not exactly a poke, being a 3 votes wagon- if nobody's talking it doesn't really matter and with it ending up becoming a lynch being a real possibility I'd rather go for one of those who are usually less active (we are not yet at a stage where we can take consistently more info from somebody else, I think).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I don't really like either wagon. Captain Cap's silence on the wagon (not saying his vote is fishy, just his subsequent silence) makes him feel... of... ta me.
    Um... yar.
    I don't really have much to say at the moment. The only thing that caught my eye is JeenLeen unvoting The Outsider (and not vote anyone else), but Valmark is already questioning him on that.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm now wondering- why is it that you'd rather have someone else choose?
    I wanted to wait until the morning to answer this to give others time to vote/respond before I answer. I wish more had been said, but I don't have time to wait around and still make sure I get this in before Day's end (if, as I think, the Day is ending today.)

Basically, I know I'm Town, so I'm more curious leaving that to others to see if someone makes a play to save The Outsider or PartyOfRogues. If either is a wolf, my leaving my vote off for now should potentially make the wolves more nervous and more active to act to save their buddy. (I didn't want to mention that while unvoting, but since attention has been brought to my actions, it's probable enough the wolves are thinking about it, so I might as well say why.)

It was also that (in the scenario that both The Outsider and PoR are Town) I think PoR's death will give more intel regarding some players than The Outsider's death will give. Since (as you pointed out and I overlooked) my vote put The Outsider in the lead to die, I hoped by that unvoting PoR would get back in the lead once The Outsider did a self-preservation vote.

Is this correct?
    PoR currently has 4 votes on them, with Captain Cap and The Outsider at 3.
    If I put a 4th vote on Captain Cap, PoR can do a self-preservation vote on Captain Cap. So Captain Cap dies, but we don't get much info from the death.
    If I put a 4th vote on The Outsider, PoR is still up for lynch as "first at 4", and actions by others could yield interesting info. E.g., if anyone votes The Outsider to save PoR, or moves to the PoR wagon to make it less likely a last-minute vote lynches The Outsider.

So putting my vote back on The Outsider.
    Seems the best way to gain info, if anyone responds in an odd way.
    I will check back sometime before 2 pm in case my putting my vote there didn't do what I thought it would, but otherwise I don't plan on changing my vote. Really, right now I hope PoR gets lynched to yield info, but I'm willing to risk The Outsider getting lynched in hopes of more info.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Not exactly a poke, being a 3 votes wagon- if nobody's talking it doesn't really matter and with it ending up becoming a lynch being a real possibility I'd rather go for one of those who are usually less active (we are not yet at a stage where we can take consistently more info from somebody else, I think).
    Ok, that makes sense. My understanding of your original post was that you were hoping for PoR in particular to say something, in which case it didn't make sense to pick someone quiet. But I see that your post asked for anybody to talk.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #38

SwashbucklerGuy

Vote Count:

PartyOfRogues (4): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark, The Outsider (1°)
    The Outsider (4): Caerulea, Elenna, PartyOfRouges, JeenLeen (2°)
    Captain Cap (3): Libro, CaoimhinTheCape, Xihirli

So... not much is happening. If PartyOfRogues was a wolf we would have probably seen more effort in defending him.

Is there anyone for a quick new train on someone else? If I'm not wrong we still have 2.5 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

@CaoimhinTheCape: You haven't barred yet your first vote on Libro.

- - - Updated - - -

@PartyOfRouges: Same, first vote on Xihirli still not barred.

Come on guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I will count the first uncrossed votes I find from you, so don't come crying to me if I counted the ones you didn't intend to vote because you didn't cross out the old ones.
    This is actually the true count if PartyOfRogues and CaoimhinTheCape don't undo their previous votes:

PartyOfRogues (4): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark, The Outsider
    The Outsider (3): Caerulea, Elenna, JeenLeen
    Captain Cap (2): Libro, Xihirli
    Libro (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    Xihirli (1): PartyOfRogues

- - - Updated - - -

@JeenLeen: Maybe you should cross the UNVOTE too, just in case.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-01-13 at 11:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Can confirm that JeenLeen is currently voting UNVOTE.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just crossed out my first vote, though I can't say I'm exactly on board with voting Captain Cap... I just don't have anyone else I particularly want to go after?

I'll be around in the next 2 hours before deadline (mostly) so if anything changes I should see it. Just not sure there's much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post

So... not much is happening. If PartyOfRogues was a wolf we would have probably seen more effort in defending him.

Is there anyone for a quick new train on someone else? If I'm not wrong we still have 2.5 hours.
    That's fair, but you are also now defending him (in a way) and looking to change the vote. Admittedly I have a town read on you atm so I'm not going to push it, but you are doing what you're saying no one has done to protect PoR.

PartyOfRogues (4): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark, The Outsider
    The Outsider (3): Caerulea, Elenna, JeenLeen
    Captain Cap (3): Libro, Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape
    Xihirli (1): PartyOfRogues

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Can confirm that JeenLeen is currently voting UNVOTE.
    Done.
    With how things stand now, PoR is still up for lynch, right?

- - - Updated - - -

That is, the "done" is I've striked-through the UNVOTE, so my The Outsider vote (after PoR reached 4 votes) should be active.

- - - Updated - - -

For all of us who forgot (or 'forgot') to strike-through our votes: we've had plenty of games where the strike-through is appreciated but still optional. I genuinely missed that it was necessary for this game. I'll (for now) give the same benefit of the doubt to the others. But we should keep in mind it might be something sneaky.
    And I understand y'all should keep that in mind for me, too, though I don't see how what I did could be sneaky, since it seems whether I was UNVOTE or The Outsider won't change the results, at least if no other votes change.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Done.
    With how things stand now, PoR is still up for lynch, right?
    I believe so. I suppose we'll see in about an hour if that's still the case. Maybe PoR and CtC will deal with their vote issues too, and that'll shift things a bit.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    That's fair, but you are also now defending him (in a way) and looking to change the vote. Admittedly I have a town read on you atm so I'm not going to push it, but you are doing what you're saying no one has done to protect PoR.
    Is not that I'm really pushing to save PartyOfRogues, I didn't even move my vote when I made the proposition, because if I have to choose between him ad The Outsider (and this situation hasn't changed), I would lynch the former, as he's been less active.
    Even Elenna sort of defended him in relation to Valmark poking, but I didn't bother to mention her because that's not what I would consider a significant effort.
    I mean, what you make is a reasonable point, but I don't really agree.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Day One Ends

Spoiler: Votes
    Show
    PartyOfRouges (4): Book Wombat, Captain Cap, Valmark, The Outsider
    The Outsider (4): Caerulea, Elenna, PartyOfRouges, JeenLeen
    Captain Cap (3): Libro, CaoimhinTheCape, Xihirli

Tie. Going to tiebreaker...

PartyOfRouges it is.

"I say it's the outsider among us!"

"I say it's the only one of us pretentious enough to call himself Captain!"

"I say it's the first guy again!"

Everybody turned to the last voice, which came from the town mute.

"You could speak? This whole time?!"

"...yes?"

"Sounds like deception to me. Let's find out what else you've been lying about your rat-faced cur!"

PartyOfRouges was lynched. They were a villager.

Night Ends In 48 Hours

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

PartyOfRouges was lynched. They were a villager.
    So does that mean a vanilla villager?
    Also, if they were a mason, would we have found that out (as a power) or would that be something not revealed?

If so, well, I guess PoR did a good thing in taking the hit. I was wondering why they weren't claiming anything (even if fake-claiming as a wolf), but a vanilla town dying is better than a powered town.

16. - Top - End - #46

SwashbucklerGuy

Tie. Going to tiebreaker...

PartyOfRouges it is.
    What the hell?!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

What the hell?!
    Ok, good, I'm not the only one who saw that. Why wasn't I in the voting?
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

What the hell?!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Ok, good, I'm not the only one who saw that. Why wasn't I in the voting?
    I hadn't noticed it. Why was there a tie breaker?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, the rules did say there was an unknown random chance. Can we get an explanation?

19. - Top - End - #49

So, as a group do we wanna discuss what happened at night or wait until the next day? It took a minute but that "tiebreaker" is not at all what I expected.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Fair point. Let's wait until day. Night chatter is usually a good thing to avoid, and I don't see a benefit to discussing it sooner.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

21. - Top - End - #51

Just to make sure it wasn't a mistake:

@AV Can you confirm that your tiebreaker between PartyOfRogues and Captain Cap was intentional and not a typo?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    So, as a group do we wanna discuss what happened at night or wait until the next day? It took a minute but that "tiebreaker" is not at all what I expected.
    Imo next day, though I would like the voting explanation ahead of time. I feel like that benefits us more then the wolves.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies, tiebreaker should've been between PartyOfRouges and The Outsider, not Captain Cap. Thankfully the dice covered up for my error. >.>

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54

Apologies, tiebreaker should've been between PartyOfRouges and The Outsider, not Captain Cap. Thankfully the dice covered up for my error. >.>
    OK, so that is what was expected. Well, we assumed that vote order would have been the tiebreaker but nothing too funny happened with the votes.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I think from the opening post it should be removed that ties are decided by who first reaches the vote count then (to avoid further confusion).

Or was that purposefully left like it (since the unknown random factor was... Well, unknown)?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I think from the opening post it should be removed that ties are decided by who first reaches the vote count then (to avoid further confusion).

Or was that purposefully left like it (since the unknown random factor was... Well, unknown)?
    It's being handled the way it was intended to be handled when I originally made the recruitment thread. Bit of a bastard narrator move, but eh.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #57

SwashbucklerGuy

It's being handled the way it was intended to be handled when I originally made the recruitment thread. Bit of a bastard narrator move, but eh.
    Vigilante, if you're out there, you know what to do.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

So does that mean a vanilla villager?
    Also, if they were a mason, would we have found that out (as a power) or would that be something not revealed?
    @AV: at least when Day breaks, would you answer this question? Or confirm you are not answering it?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

@AV: at least when Day breaks, would you answer this question? Or confirm you are not answering it?
    All the details of their role that you need were revealed. They are a villager, and I've already said that I reveal roles on death. If there's not more information than that given, I think you can go ahead and take a guess at whether there is more information to be had.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I've already said that I reveal roles on death. If there's not more information than that given, I think you can go ahead and take a guess at whether there is more information to be had.
    Bit of a bastard narrator move, but eh.

I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!