Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 327
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Hey y'all. I'm still here, it's been a crazy couple of days for me. I will post as soon as I take stock of the situation.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    So, you guys are wrong.

    All of your assumptions are based on the idea that both Jeen and I are full Seers, with no chance of being wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    And I'm discarding the idea that we have a Fool. Seems to me like AV made two pairs of equal masons, though that could be fooling us.
    Except that equal masons would mean that Jeen and I don't have full powers. As I understand it, the Baners powers combined amount to protecting people at Night, then during the Day. Quote from BW:

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    My (hopefully) true role:

    You are a townie, the switch baner. Every night, select one player: that player is either baned that night (immune to all other powers), or is daybaned the next day (and is immune to the lynch). You cannot target the same person two days in a row.
    This means that they aren't full Baners, who get to protect against conversion every night. Being able to protect someone from conversion every night would be much more powerful than the roles they were given, which basically is an every other night protection. Assumidly they have a weaker version of the Bane ability to make up for the fact that there are two of them in contact with each other.

    Continuing with the idea of the Baners not being at full power, both Seers can't be at full power. If we assume Seer=Baner, why don't Jeen and I have a cooldown every other day? Wouldn't that be the "two pairs of equal masons" that Valmark is talking about?

    I still haven't had time to math out who it could be, but assuming that Jeen and I are both completely accurate is a mistake.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Alright, voting CaoiminhTheCape for the moment. Possibly more to come, but I have to go take care of the other 27 things I've neglected.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Libro and Book Wombat, based on Cao's post, will you clarify your powers?

    I read it as the same power for both of you, and that being (rephrasing it to try to make it clearer what I thought it meant): "Target someone each Night. That person is either baned (protected from all abilities) that Night OR day-baned (cannot be lynched) the following Day. You cannot target the same person twice in a row."
    I also assume you choose to bane or day-bane.

    Is that an accurate interpretation of your abilities? If no, clarify.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    So, you guys are wrong.

    All of your assumptions are based on the idea that both Jeen and I are full Seers, with no chance of being wrong.

    Except that equal masons would mean that Jeen and I don't have full powers. As I understand it, the Baners powers combined amount to protecting people at Night, then during the Day. Quote from BW:



    This means that they aren't full Baners, who get to protect against conversion every night. Being able to protect someone from conversion every night would be much more powerful than the roles they were given, which basically is an every other night protection. Assumidly they have a weaker version of the Bane ability to make up for the fact that there are two of them in contact with each other.

    Continuing with the idea of the Baners not being at full power, both Seers can't be at full power. If we assume Seer=Baner, why don't Jeen and I have a cooldown every other day? Wouldn't that be the "two pairs of equal masons" that Valmark is talking about?

    I still haven't had time to math out who it could be, but assuming that Jeen and I are both completely accurate is a mistake.
    Well, no, the assumption is on the basis that Jeen is a full Seer- nothing says that masons have 'half powers'.

    That quote clearly says that BW can either bane someone or day-bane them.

    "Two pairs of equal masons" means "Two Seers and two Baners".

    Yeah, again, nobody is assuming you are completely accurate. It's irrilevant at this point, since you're the only possible cultist during D2.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Well, no, the assumption is on the basis that Jeen is a full Seer- nothing says that masons have 'half powers'.

    That quote clearly says that BW can either bane someone or day-bane them.

    "Two pairs of equal masons" means "Two Seers and two Baners".

    Yeah, again, nobody is assuming you are completely accurate. It's irrilevant at this point, since you're the only possible cultist during D2.
    How about Jeen as a N2 bane? This is after Xihirli was lynched, and if I'm reading BW's quote right, Jeen was only safe during the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It should be
    N1 = scried Xihirli, Libro/Book Wombat baned
    N2 = scried Elenna, JeenLeen day/baned
    N3 = scried Valmark, Elenna/Book Wombat baned

    This means I could've been converted N2 and am lying about baning Elenna.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Alright, voting CaoiminhTheCape for the moment. Possibly more to come, but I have to go take care of the other 27 things I've neglected.
    I think we're all assuming you have a power based on what you said when I told the non-existent vigilante to kill you. I understand if you want to stay quiet about what it is... but, well, it seems most cards on are the table now. So, when you can, please share info if it's at all pertinent. (Though, if by some chance none of it is relevant, I guess it's best the cult doesn't know your power, assuming you are still Town.)

    I'll also note that The Outsider voting Cao doesn't mean much about The Outsider's alignment, should Cao flip cult. I imagine it looks very likely Cao will be lynched, so the remaining cult don't want to associate too strongly with him.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Actually wait, yes, we are assuming you are accurate based on the evidence that masons have the same powers.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Well, no, the assumption is on the basis that Jeen is a full Seer- nothing says that masons have 'half powers'.

    That quote clearly says that BW can either bane someone or day-bane them.

    "Two pairs of equal masons" means "Two Seers and two Baners".

    Yeah, again, nobody is assuming you are completely accurate. It's irrilevant at this point, since you're the only possible cultist during D2.
    Jeen = Full Seer and Cao = Fool leaves all of my investigations as N2 converts, unless I missed something somewhere.

    All of my investigations being Outsider and Caerulea.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-01-22 at 03:24 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    How about Jeen as a N2 bane? This is after Xihirli was lynched, and if I'm reading BW's quote right, Jeen was only safe during the day.
    Jeen was baned both day and night, according to BW/Libro.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Jeen = Full Seer and Cao = Fool leaves all of my investigations as N2 converts, unless I missed something somewhere.
    Yeah I corrected myself afterwards.

    Also, note that the idea here is that you are a N1 convert. Caerulea and Outsider are suspected as N2 and 3 converts.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Jeen was baned both day and night, according to BW/Libro.
    Is there a quote that proves that? Or can BW/Libro confirm? I read their actions as:

    Night 1: Night Bane Book Wombat and Libro. They cannot be converted Night 1.
    Night 2: Day Bane Elenna and Jeen. They cannot be lynched Day 3.
    Night 3: Night Bane Elenna and Book Wombat. They cannot be converted Night 3.



    Can the baners clarify?

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Read my role carefully, I'm assuming me and Libro have the same role if they aren't lying. Libro daybaned JeenLeen on Night 2, I'm not sure why but according to them they...


    EDIT: Unless they were cult from the beginning I'm inclined to think they're telling the truth. Entirely possible that cult has a voider but I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Is there a quote that proves that? Or can BW/Libro confirm? I read their actions as:

    Night 1: Night Bane Book Wombat and Libro. They cannot be converted Night 1.
    Night 2: Day Bane Elenna and Jeen. They cannot be lynched Day 3.
    Night 3: Night Bane Elenna and Book Wombat. They cannot be converted Night 3.



    Can the baners clarify?
    They already did.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    So, I read "Day Bane" as only protecting Jeen during the Day. Not at night when people can be converted??

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Ye, I lied a bit about my role so it would seem as if I could bane the same person even though it was me and Libro. Last night I didn't bane myself as Libro was going to do it (Elena was half-right).
    My true banes are in order Libro, JeenLeen and Elena.
    Voting CaoimhimTheCape.

    My (hopefully) true role:
    BW baned Jeen at Night.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Alright, so, here are my calculations. To start, we assume neither pair of Masons is the original Cultist. Based off of Book Wombat's Post #194 I also note when people are protected.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Cult Night 1 Convert Night 2 Convert Night 3 Convert
    Book Wombat Mason Protected Vulnerable Protected
    Caerulea Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Caoimhin Mason Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Captain Cap Wild Card Wild Card Dead Dead
    Elenna Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Protected
    JeenLeen Mason Vulnerable Protected Vulnerable
    Libro Mason Protected Vulnerable Vulnerable
    PartyOfRogues Villager Dead Dead Dead
    Outsider Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Valmark Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Xihirli Maybe Maybe Dead Cultist Dead Cultist



    Removing CC and PoR, since they are not cult.

    Let's factor in Jeen. We assume Jeen is not the Night 1 convert because Jeen lynched Xi. We also assume Jeen is a full Seer, for getting Xi right.

    Elenna was scried Night 2.
    Valmark was scried Night 3.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Cult Night 1 Convert Night 2 Convert Night 3 Convert
    Book Wombat Mason Protected Vulnerable Protected
    Caerulea Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Caoimhin Mason Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Elenna Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Protected
    JeenLeen Mason Xi Lynch Day 2 Protected Vulnerable
    Libro Mason Protected Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Outsider Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Valmark Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Jeen Scry
    Xihirli Maybe Maybe Dead Cultist Dead Cultist



    We do NOT include any of my scries, since they are not reliable.


    If I am missing any information, let me know. As far as I can tell:

    Caerulea, Outsider, and Xihirli could have been the original cultist. We are heavily assuming it was Xi.

    Caerulea, Caoimhin, Outsider, and Xihirli could have been converted Night 1. Captain Cap could have been converted Night 1 if there were two starting cultists.


    What am I missing that means Caerulea or Outsider couldn't have been converted Night 1? Or even that Caerulea or Outsider was the original cultist and picked Xihirli Night 1 who immediately got caught?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    BW baned Jeen at Night.
    OK, I've just been really dense. One of them chose to Night bane Jeen, the other chose to Day bane Jeen. Edited my post above.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-01-22 at 03:54 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Alright, so, here are my calculations. To start, we assume neither pair of Masons is the original Cultist. Based off of Book Wombat's Post #194 I also note when people are protected.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Cult Night 1 Convert Night 2 Convert Night 3 Convert
    Book Wombat Mason Protected Vulnerable Protected
    Caerulea Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Caoimhin Mason Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Captain Cap Wild Card Wild Card Dead Dead
    Elenna Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Protected
    JeenLeen Mason Vulnerable Protected Vulnerable
    Libro Mason Protected Vulnerable Vulnerable
    PartyOfRogues Villager Dead Dead Dead
    Outsider Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Valmark Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Xihirli Maybe Maybe Dead Cultist Dead Cultist



    Removing CC and PoR, since they are not cult.

    Let's factor in Jeen. We assume Jeen is not the Night 1 convert because Jeen lynched Xi. We also assume Jeen is a full Seer, for getting Xi right.

    Elenna was scried Night 2.
    Valmark was scried Night 3.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Cult Night 1 Convert Night 2 Convert Night 3 Convert
    Book Wombat Mason Protected Vulnerable Protected
    Caerulea Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Caoimhin Mason Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Elenna Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Protected
    JeenLeen Mason Xi Lynch Day 2 Protected Vulnerable
    Libro Mason Protected Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Outsider Maybe Vulnerable Vulnerable Vulnerable
    Valmark Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Jeen Scry Jeen Scry
    Xihirli Maybe Maybe Dead Cultist Dead Cultist



    We do NOT include any of my scries, since they are not reliable.


    If I am missing any information, let me know. As far as I can tell:

    Caerulea, Outsider, and Xihirli could have been the original cultist. We are heavily assuming it was Xi.

    Caerulea, Caoimhin, Outsider, and Xihirli could have been converted Night 1. Captain Cap could have been converted Night 1 if there were two starting cultists.


    What am I missing that means Caerulea or Outsider couldn't have been converted Night 1? Or even that Caerulea or Outsider was the original cultist and picked Xihirli Night 1 who immediately got caught?

    - - - Updated - - -



    OK, I've just been really dense. One of them chose to Night bane Jeen, the other chose to Day bane Jeen. Edited my post above.
    The problem with Caerulea and Outsider being cultists is that you scried them. Thus for them to be cultists you'd have to have lied.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    The problem with Caerulea and Outsider being cultists is that you scried them. Thus for them to be cultists you'd have to have lied.
    So we're back to assuming neither Jeen nor I is a Fool. Fine. If Jeen and I are both Seers, then you have to acknowledge the possibility that Cult started with 2 members.

    The town as we see it with known powers is that Captain Cap was unconvertible. Book Wombat and Libro were not convertible (protecting each other Night 1) and we have 2 full powered Seers.

    A single cultist to start has a 30% chance of missing their Night 1 conversion, and 2/9 shot of getting found by two Seers working together. That's if they don't randomly die Day 1. There's a good chance that the setup allowed for this so that the game would last more than 1 day, especially with how many power roles we have (two pairs of Masons plus Captain Cap plus maybe Outsider). So there's a path where there were 2 cultists to start, and they picked someone who couldn't be converted Night 1.



    But we also have precedent for people not knowing the true extent/limits of their power. Captain Cap's role was not fully accurate and it certainly isn't out of the question that Jeen or I don't know the true text of our own roles. I could be a Fool and not have accurate info on my reads, Jeen could be a Fool who gets a random result.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It should be
    N1 = scried Xihirli, Libro/Book Wombat baned
    N2 = scried Elenna, JeenLeen day/baned
    N3 = scried Valmark, Elenna/Book Wombat baned
    Wait a second, with Elenna/Book Wombat baned Night 3, that means Jeen was not protected N3. Why Elenna was protected rather than him I have no idea, but there's another option for someone who was converted Night 1. Valmark.

    The only reason that we're trusting Valmark is good is based on JeenLeen's word from Night 3, but Jeen could have just as easily been converted last night and lied about his scry results to protect Val. Val would have been a great target for conversion Night 1, with everyone trusting Val for pretty much the entire game. Xi starts the game alone, chooses Val Night 1 who then can easily convert Jeen Night 3 after the publicly claimed baner would go back to protecting himself.


    Vote: Valmark

    - - - Updated - - -




    Vote Count:

    CaoimhinTheCape (5): Book Wombat, JeenLeen, Valmark, Libro, The Outsider
    Caerulea (1): Elenna
    Valmark (1): CaoimhinTheCape

    Not Voting (1): Caerulea
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-01-22 at 10:47 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    So we're back to assuming neither Jeen nor I is a Fool. Fine. If Jeen and I are both Seers, then you have to acknowledge the possibility that Cult started with 2 members.

    The town as we see it with known powers is that Captain Cap was unconvertible. Book Wombat and Libro were not convertible (protecting each other Night 1) and we have 2 full powered Seers.

    A single cultist to start has a 30% chance of missing their Night 1 conversion, and 2/9 shot of getting found by two Seers working together. That's if they don't randomly die Day 1. There's a good chance that the setup allowed for this so that the game would last more than 1 day, especially with how many power roles we have (two pairs of Masons plus Captain Cap plus maybe Outsider). So there's a path where there were 2 cultists to start, and they picked someone who couldn't be converted Night 1.



    But we also have precedent for people not knowing the true extent/limits of their power. Captain Cap's role was not fully accurate and it certainly isn't out of the question that Jeen or I don't know the true text of our own roles. I could be a Fool and not have accurate info on my reads, Jeen could be a Fool who gets a random result.
    Jeen can't have random reads because AV confirmed there is only one element of randomness (and I swear that if she lied on that too I'm dropping this game xD) which is the tie breaker. You could be a Fool- which we'll confirm by lynching you, showing that we shouldn't trust Caerulea and TO anyway.

    I personally don't think you are though- assuming BW and Libro's roles aren't false, we have some evidence of people with real powers being masons.
    Not only that, but their role QT is different from the false one Captain Cap got in how it's worded.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post

    Wait a second, with Elenna/Book Wombat baned Night 3, that means Jeen was not protected N3. Why Elenna was protected rather than him I have no idea, but there's another option for someone who was converted Night 1. Valmark.

    The only reason that we're trusting Valmark is good is based on JeenLeen's word from Night 3, but Jeen could have just as easily been converted last night and lied about his scry results to protect Val. Val would have been a great target for conversion Night 1, with everyone trusting Val for pretty much the entire game. Xi starts the game alone, chooses Val Night 1 who then can easily convert Jeen Night 3 after the publicly claimed baner would go back to protecting himself.


    Vote: Valmark

    - - - Updated - - -




    Vote Count:

    CaoimhinTheCape (5): Book Wombat, JeenLeen, Valmark, Libro, The Outsider
    Caerulea (1): Elenna
    Valmark (1): CaoimhinTheCape

    Not Voting (1): Caerulea
    Ninja'd. Anyway.

    I was the first to blame Xihirli when we still hadn't got any proof, and I had no reason to vote her prior to it. Not only that, but we didn't know that BW couldn't protect Jeen back then- we didn't even know BW and Libro were masons.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I think we're all assuming you have a power based on what you said when I told the non-existent vigilante to kill you. I understand if you want to stay quiet about what it is... but, well, it seems most cards on are the table now. So, when you can, please share info if it's at all pertinent. (Though, if by some chance none of it is relevant, I guess it's best the cult doesn't know your power, assuming you are still Town.)

    I'll also note that The Outsider voting Cao doesn't mean much about The Outsider's alignment, should Cao flip cult. I imagine it looks very likely Cao will be lynched, so the remaining cult don't want to associate too strongly with him.
    I don't know how relevant it is (in my mind, it doesn't change my vote or the optimal target for today's lynch), but here goes. I'm also a Switch Baner, and I can confirm that the text BookWombat gave for their claim is word-for-word the same text I got. Night one I baned Valmark, N2 I baned JeenLeen, and N3 I baned Libro. Valmark can confirm this claim, as they are also a Switch baner and my Mason friend. So... yeah. This is a fascinating game.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Then what do you say to you being that Day 1 convert and Jeen covering for you? According to your logic of both of us as True Seers, that's the only option I can see, barring one of us being a Fool.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I will confirm that there is only one element of random chance, per the OP. I'll also point out the OP contains at least two partial lies that you know of already, so how much weight you give that confirmation is up to you.
    You are also, publicly stating, that you trust AvatarVecna. To not lie. With the Quote above in mind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I was the first to blame Xihirli when we still hadn't got any proof, and I had no reason to vote her prior to it. Not only that, but we didn't know that BW couldn't protect Jeen back then- we didn't even know BW and Libro were masons.
    Distancing between yourself and Xihirli Day 1. You had no way of knowing it would actually become a wagon. I'm saying you were the Day 1 convert and Jeen was only converted Night 3.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I don't know how relevant it is (in my mind, it doesn't change my vote or the optimal target for today's lynch), but here goes. I'm also a Switch Baner, and I can confirm that the text BookWombat gave for their claim is word-for-word the same text I got. Night one I baned Valmark, N2 I baned JeenLeen, and N3 I baned Libro. Valmark can confirm this claim, as they are also a Switch baner and my Mason friend. So... yeah. This is a fascinating game.
    I can confirm. This is also why Jeen isn't a cultist- I day-baned Outsider N1, thinking he could be lynched, then baned CaoimhinTheCape believing he could be Jeen's buddy and on N3 I baned JeenLeen because I knew BW wouldn't be able to protect him (I didn't know about Libro).
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  22. - Top - End - #232
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I'm also a Switch Baner, and I can confirm that the text BookWombat gave for their claim is word-for-word the same text I got. Night one I baned Valmark, N2 I baned JeenLeen, and N3 I baned Libro. Valmark can confirm this claim, as they are also a Switch baner and my Mason friend.
    OK, I actually need to leave my computer right now, but we've now decided that this 11 player cult game started with 7 powered Players, including 3 Mason pairs, and we're assuming that we started with 1 Cult member?

    Look, after this claim you guys should post who you protected so everyone can know who really had a shot at being converted.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Then what do you say to you being that Day 1 convert and Jeen covering for you? According to your logic of both of us as True Seers, that's the only option I can see, barring one of us being a Fool.



    You are also, publicly stating, that you trust AvatarVecna. To not lie. With the Quote above in mind.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Distancing between yourself and Xihirli Day 1. You had no way of knowing it would actually become a wagon. I'm saying you were the Day 1 convert and Jeen was only converted Night 3.
    I'm going to assume you didn't see Outsider's post which proves my innocence (unless we are both cultists I guess) because you were writing.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Ninja'd, but I will more than likely pull my vote back from Valmark then. Ugh there's a lot going on this game.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    OK, I actually need to leave my computer right now, but we've now decided that this 11 player cult game started with 7 powered Players, including 3 Mason pairs, and we're assuming that we started with 1 Cult member?

    Look, after this claim you guys should post who you protected so everyone can know who really had a shot at being converted.
    And now I'm going to assume you didn't see mine :p
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Yes. Short answer is yes.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    I don't know who ordered the ninja shipment for this thread, but they really need to refrain from doing so in the future.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Ninja'd, but I will more than likely pull my vote back from Valmark then. Ugh there's a lot going on this game.
    Yeah, if BW hadn't pulled out the correct QT message and Jeen correctly identified Xihirli I would be "yeah all of this setup is impossible".

    Also I'm not sure we are assuming we had only one original cultist. Caerulea could have been the partner in crime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    (which is why I made those questions to AV some posts ago).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait no, the questions are to understand how bad it is to have a switch baner with the cultists. Uuuugh.

    Speaking of which, if we could just trust all of the baners this would probably be an auto-win. Uff.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    Wait, so there's now 4 folk claiming baner?
    I... might be able to get online tonight and try to think things over more, but I feel less comfortable voting Cao now. But gonna leave my vote there for now, since I don't have time to think over whether it's a gut feeling from the surprise at claims or something more rational.

    At the least, I think (if people are being honest) it's incredibly likely the cult missed at least one conversion attempt. So maybe it's not game-over if we mislynch today. For that reason alone, I'm okay still voting Cao and hoping to recover if he's town.
    Or, well, get converted tonight so I'm on the winning side. Either way.

    Also, I don't believe basically anything AV has said except the reveals when folk have died. E.g., I'm not sure if there's one or multiple random things in the game.
    And keep in mind that, if Cao or I are fool, we probably won't learn that until both of us are dead. I mean, I hope she'd tell us, but the standard is to wait to reveal that until both seers are dead.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Smugglers & Scallywags

    I would also like to point out that the switch baners seem too strong until one gets converted and the cultists suddenly have a way to stop scries and stop lynches. In addition to knowing who's the other one.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •