New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Death of Anti-Heroes

Kept you waiting, huh?

Okay, okay, so this probably isn't the kind of update that any lingering fans might have wanted to see. But if there are indeed any lingering fans around here, I want to make sure they are all aware of what's going on. So... What's going on?

Well, 13 years ago I made a silly little fancomic on these here forums and it kind of exploded in popularity. Eventually it moved off-site and there it continued for a while until ultimately fading into obscurity. Some of you might remember it. Some of you might be new fans. Either way, I'm finally going to lay the comic to rest with a Q&A livestream on Saturday, January 30th.

All the details can be found in the spoiler tag right here:

Spoiler
    Show
    Anti-Heroes is coming to an end. Not that it was still going, but it's time to finally call it a wrap. However, there's some unfinished business to take care of. Like I said in my last update, I don't want to just dust my hands off without providing at least some amount of closure for those of you left invested. I want to try to make sure that your burning questions get answered... And the best way I can do that is by doing it live!

Join me while I run you through all the planned plot points I had for the comic, answer any questions you put forth, and just reminisce in general as a send off for the comic. And I won't be alone! Joining me will be our local webmaster and guest artist Crazed Ewok as well as the writer Leakingpen.

The livestream will be taking place on Saturday, January 30th starting around 5:00 PM PST (7:00 PM central) on my Twitch channel (twitch.tv/thezarah). Even if you don't know anything about Twitch, I urge you to swing by and hang out. Make a free account and throw some messages into chat! It will be a fun time.

But don't worry if you won't be able to make it, since the entire stream will be archived on my Twitch channel for two weeks, and then permanently on my YouTube channel as well. I may even edit the video down to be more digestible, depending on how things go.

And if you want to preemptively ask some questions, I have a Google Form that you can use to submit questions early. There's no limit to the amount of questions you can submit, I'll do my best to get through them all!

tl;dr I'm officially spilling all the plot beans for my old webcomic in a livestream on Jan. 30th on my Twitch channel. Submit your questions in advance here!

I know this post comes across as a little advertise-y (though thanks to Peelee for giving me the okay to post), so let's go ahead and make this a general discussion thread as well, just in case there's anything that hasn't already been said about my dead webcomic. Also if there are any questions about the event itself, feel free to post or DM me!
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: The Death of Anti-Heroes

Oh, neat. After enjoying Our Little Adventure I wanted to find other OotS-inspired webcomics, but was unable to do so. I'll give it a read, and perhaps come up with some questions.

Edit: And I just found the Fan Comics subforum here. How did I never notice that before?
    Last edited by Anarchic Fox; 2021-01-13 at 11:40 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Just a reminder that this livestream is happening tomorrow evening! If you have any questions you want to submit early, make sure do so now!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I always had a soft spot for Anti-Heroes. Sad that it ended but at least we can find out what happened.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #5

The VOD for the livestream has just been released on Youtube! I'll probably edit the stream down to a more concise version, but that will take a bit of time, so for now at least the full VOD is available.

The stream was a great time and honestly, a lot more people showed up than I expected. It really does means the world to me. So once again, to everyone who ever read the comic, to everyone who was ever invested, and especially to those of you who were here from the beginning and stuck it out until the bitter end:

Thank you.