Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 50
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin lets the troglodyte run into the darkness northwards. And remains there "guarding". Actually, he des not see a thing. At least, not in the direction the troglodyte has ran. He does hear something through. Not from the north. He hears how Adalbert to the south-east parleys with throglodytes. This takes some time. Then adalbert summarizes it as follows.

    "They say this is a nursery. At least, it was a nursery before a group of boggards crept in and smashed all the eggs while the warriors were away fighting the boggards in the open. They say we can go ahead and kill everyone, the tribe is doomed anyway. I said we won't do such thing, but not sure if they are believing. They say if we want just pass their caves, we should take a narrow path to the right that would begin just north of here."

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    "Well that seems pretty much like we expected. I wouldn't expect too much of value to be left, and I wouldn't trust them not to try something, but if they give us space I think we should leave them. But we need to keep track of them, the last thing we need is to have them ambush us when we are dealing with some other problem. I guess we should follow their directions, but still move slowly and cautiously as they're as likely to lead us astray as where we want to be, and there is still the rumors of the hydra to keep in mind." Lebwen says after Adalbert shares what he learned. He falls in line behind Iris when they're ready to move, keeping the lights just ahead of them.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Justin listens to Lebwen and Adalbert summarising the conversation, then glances at the chamber with the smashed eggs. "I do not think they will be a threat Lebwen, these are a beaten tribe. "

    He gestures at the one dead by his hand, "They can hurt us, but if we are cautious and stay together they aren't much if a threat."

    He waits for the dancing lights to float ahead of him and follows them weapons ready, moving gracefully and carefully.






    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach)
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent)

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Lizuga Manescu

    "Egg. Smashing.", Lizuga says through clenched teeth. She is clearly making an effort to keep herself together, as she ask Adalbert to "Please inform them that we intend to kill every single Boggard for that".

    She steps on the head of her hammer to flip it up into her hand, nods to the last trogs, and sets off in the direction they suggested. This time, she is not waiting for Justin to take the lead.

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 20 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 19, CMD 17|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 31/31

    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield +4 AC Counter, Encouraging Roar, Armor-piercing Thrust, Curate's Strike. Phalanx Lancer Stance.
    Semper ludens.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Having reassured the troglodytes that you don't want to eradicate their tribe, you part with them and follow their directions. The path to the north expands into a large chamber to northwest. You don't see how large it is, because your dancing lights do not illuminate far enough. You hear shouts in Draconic coming from the darkness and someone in there casts a spell or two, but you just let them be, turning into a narrow passage to the east that soon turns north and then northwest and then you really lose direction. The passage is very long, maybe as long as the distance from the witch house to troglodyte cave, and seems to be artifical. You have no idea when it was dug, but can only tell it's not new by any measure. It ends, or, shall we say, continues, with a cave room, about 50 feet in diameter, though it is not nearly circular, from which you can access three other, very similar, passages: one continuing in seemingly the same direction in which you were going; and two others going about 60 and 120 degrees to your left.

    The cave is about twenty feet high at the center of the intersection and features a monument made of polished black basalt, seven-sided with the same great rune carved on each face. The top portion of the monument has broken away, revealing what appears to be a hollow space within. An astounding number of strange albino insectoid creatures, each the size of a man's finger, scuttle and scurry along the walls.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-01-14 at 01:07 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Lizuga looks to her comrades, stumped by this split.
    Semper ludens.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Justin looks at Lizuga, the occasional glance over his shoulder in case any troglodytes are chasing them. "Are you ok Lizuga? Did the egg smashing bother you?"

    Looking at the strange grubs he glances at the others. "Are they hostile? Will they leave us be?" Glancing at the passageways he gestures to the middle one. "How about the middle one in case you have any better ideas?"

    Edging towards he keeps to the dancing lights and away from the grubs






    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach)
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent)

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Iris

    As Justin moves forwards Iris concentrates on the monument in the center of the chamber, checking for magic and without touching it inspecting it to see if any particular heritage or craftsmanship of note is evident. "Adalbert, does that rune belong to one of the Thassilonian Runelords?"

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Cast detect magic
    Cast sift

    Perception (1d20+5)[6]
    Knowledge (if needed) (1d20)[10] +?

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Iris quickly checks the monument as Adalbert confirms that the rune is of Thassilonian origin. The hollow space within inside of the monument has a complex shape, but Iris fails to make any conclusions as to what it might mean because she notices something insect-like in there alsost as large as she is. It seems to be waving the antennas at the entrance into its space. Meanwhile the tiny albino insectoid creatures seems to be somewhat attracted to your trail and yourselves...

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you detect magic anyway, spend the time and cast know (arcana) for the school.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    "There were a bunch of insects at the last runewell wasn't there? So I assume the runewell for this temple is very close by. Do we know any of the aspects of this runelord to know what to expect?" Lebwen says as he looks around monument. "Maybe the insects are somehow indicative to the aspect of the runelord?" He says as he examines the insects more closely, seeing if they react as individuals or as a group, then he prods one generally with the handle of his morningstar.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    As Lebwen and Adalbert look around at the ruins Justin makes sure not keep moving, pacing around keeping away from the grubs and his swords readied, "Any ideas what it was? It looks pretty old?" Keeping an eye on the grubs he follows up with "Still, this don't look like the nicest place to linger." Glancing at the 3 options he looks to their de-facto leaders (Lizuge and Lebwen), and nods to the middle path (of the three they face). "You still happy with terrifying dark cave number 2?"







    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach) [ACTIVE]
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent)

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Last edited by DrK; 2021-01-22 at 04:09 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    The insects further away still seem to wander randomly, but the ones close to you seem to exhibit some attraction. They even start crawling up your boots and your legs. Lebwen feels a painful bite and has to shake one off his pants. It does not seem to react intelligently, but keeps trying to get onto Lebwen again even after being prodded with the morningstar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to know what stance Justin is using right now, if any.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Iris

    "Oh, there's a bigger one in there" says Iris, staying well away from the thing "Don't get too near it". Conscious that the critters seem to be growing agitated she quickly casts her spell...

    Spoiler: detect magic
    Show
    Yep, cast detect magic, range 60ft. Will be say 30ft distant from monument, depending on room size.
    Iris has no ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) so will spend max 2 rounds seeking presence, number & power of any auras.


    ...if nothing of note she hurriedly follows the others down the chosen passageway.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    "Terrifying dark cave number two it is".
    Semper ludens.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Iris detects quite a lot of auras, all of them faint. Iris expects most of them to belong to those ahead of her in the detection cone, such as Lebwen. At least, you discover this is not a powerful magical artifact. The insects visibly congregate around Lebwen and seem to have noticed most of the others even it takes some time for them to pinpoint and gather around anyone. Those who can get to you start crawling up your legs and check if you are tasty. Lebwen in particular is beset by more of them than he can shake off. You decide that enough is enough and head into the middle tunnel.

    You walk the narrow tunnel for some time, than see ahead of you a large cavern with a cathedral-like ceiling that rises to a height of forty feet above. The ground is smooth and clear of debris, save for a few large boulders and rocks here and there. Along the western wall, flanked by passageways to either side, menaces a frightful wall-carving of an enormous multiheaded frog demon crouched on a mound of skulls and bones. Four crude nests of mud and reeds lie on the floor here and there.

    There are four boggards in the room and they all have been alerted them by your dancing illumination and armed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lebwen has been bitten for a total of (1d6)[4] hit points.

    You can roll know (religion) 20. Adalbert's take on it is (1d20+8)[21]. => The multiheaded frog demon is Gogunta, the sole goddess that the boggards respect.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-01-30 at 05:38 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Justin looks about at the horrible looking chamber and shivers. "What vile place is this what savage creatures do these guys worship." Eyeing the carving warily he advances towards the boggards, both weapons held point down in an attempt to look reassuring. "Eh lads, we want the lighthouse don't need no trouble.." he offers hopefully, trying to sound friendly.


    A diplomacy roll if one is needed (1d20+8)[22]




    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach) [ACTIVE]
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent)

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    They look at you, then croak among themselves, then one of them leaves the cave. He soon comes back with yet another boggard. By the look of the other boggards, the newcomer seems to be someone in charge. That boggard boss comes forward, eyes you and croaks "Who you? Why here? How come?" in broken Common.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Lizuga Manescu

    Lizuga glares at the Boggards, but does not actively threaten them.

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 20 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 19, CMD 17|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 31/31

    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield +4 AC Counter, Encouraging Roar, Armor-piercing Thrust, Curate's Strike. Phalanx Lancer Stance.
    Semper ludens.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Lizuga Manescu

    "We go to lighthouse. Not here for you".

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 20 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 19, CMD 17|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 31/31

    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield +4 AC Counter, Encouraging Roar, Armor-piercing Thrust, Curate's Strike. Phalanx Lancer Stance.
    Semper ludens.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Justin glances at Lizuga and rests a hand on her shoulder, remembering how angry she has been about the smashed eggs he nods and re-iterates slowly what they want. "We look for the lady who was here. We need to go to the Lighthouse. You show now..." The last bit said again, with a friendly-ish tone. Although he is no where near foolish enough to sheathe his weapons






    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach) [ACTIVE]
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent)

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    The boggard boss remains silent for some time, then he says: "Go back. Go left." He then becomes silent again. After some time it becomes apparent that he has nothing to add to that.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless you object, I'll move you as directed sometime tomorrow.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Justin backs up, a look of relief at the others. "That went better than I expected. I had thought they would attack. Shall we jog through that bug cave so poor Lebwen doesn't get eaten again." He nods forwards and hustles back that way, this time shifting from the dancing style of movement to a more predatory like that of a primal hunter.



    shift stance to Primal Hunter


    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach)
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent) [ACTIVE]

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Having been so informed by the boggards, you walk the narrow passage back to the cave with the broken seven-sided basalt monument. You observe much more insect activity there, partially extending into the passages you've recently walked. Justin can smell a complex mix of insect pheromones in the air as the strange pale bugs search for something around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat it as theree roach swarms: one in the passage you are in, one in the passage to the trog caves and one around the monument.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-02-04 at 12:30 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Iris

    "Ugh...There's a lot of them. Anyone have any fire or anything to keep them away?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Looking at the carpets of bugs he looks at his swords and shakes his head. "Nope. No flames, no torches. I'm thinking we just sprint past 'em and keep running. Doubt they'll stray too far their nest."

    He checks the fastening on his boots and readies to run and jump if they agree.



    shift stance to Primal Hunter


    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach)
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent) [ACTIVE]

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Lizuga Manescu

    "I suppose so". Lizuga glares back at the boggards one last time, and prays silently, her lips just barely moving as she thinks to herself.

    "Lady, forgive me. I still want to kill them for their egg-smashing. And I will not forgive them. But I will spare their lives, and not answer killing with killing. Thy will be done".


    And then, she rushes through the swarm of nasty bugs.

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 20 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 19, CMD 17|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 31/31

    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield +4 AC Counter, Encouraging Roar, Armor-piercing Thrust, Curate's Strike. Phalanx Lancer Stance.
    Semper ludens.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    As you hurry past the bugs, armors and weapons rattling, you notice something larger, almost human-sized crawling out of the central seven-sided monument. You don't stop and take the passage to the left. Iris got a few painful bites for 2 damage before she shook the bugs off, but overall you were just fine. You follow the narrow tunnel for some time, losing whatever limited sense of direction you had, until you encounter, at the end of the tunnel, a square chamber of worked stone. Its walls are made of blue-veined white marble. The ceiling is supported by columns masterfully sculpted to depict voluptuous warrior women wielding two-headed guisarmes, with each column unique and strikingly detailed. At the center of the room, a ten-foot-square shaft leads down into the darkness below.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-02-11 at 01:18 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin Kaijitsu

    Justin grins at the others, "Phew, glad we are past those bugs. Are you okay Iris?" he asks his bow wielding friend as he helps brush the bugs off her back. Pushing down the tunnel eyes wide as he scans for danger, enjoying the dancing lights illuminating the tunnel walls. As they reach this strange room he pauses. "Impressive aren't they." he mutters looking at the statues, then at Lizuga, "Reckon one of them looks like you?" he offers with a wry grin.

    Advancing to the hole he glances down at the entranceway...



    shift stance to Reaching blade
    Perception (1d20+7)[12]


    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    HPs 36/ 36
    Saves + 6/ 5/ 3

    AC 18 (touch 14, FF 14) CMD 18

    Effects:
    (Justin) Indomitable Presence: (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)


    Stance: Reaching blade stance (+1d6 dam, 1 attack gets +5ft reach) [ACTIVE]
    Stance: Primal Hunter (+10ft speed and scent)

    Readied:
    1. (TD) Swift Claws [Strike] Attack with both weapons
    1. (MC) Flowing Creek [Counter] Perform dance to negate attack +5ft step
    1. (TD) Leading Dragon [Boost] Swift, Jump +10 to the check
    2. (GL) Call to Arms [Strike] +2d6 damage, adjacent ally granted move action
    2. (PF) Bloody Riposte [Counter] Counter attack, do +2d6 damage

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Lizuga Manescu

    "Well. I suppose you would have to see me in just my shift to make that call, Justin. After that statement, Lizuga quickly turns her back and crouches down over her pack to get out the rope, her face hidden by her hair.

    She comes back up with the rope. Not suspecting constructs at all, she starts tying the rope around the waist of one of the columns.

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 20 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 19, CMD 17|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 31/31

    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield +4 AC Counter, Encouraging Roar, Armor-piercing Thrust, Curate's Strike. Phalanx Lancer Stance.
    Semper ludens.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

    Justin steps closer to the shaft just as Lizuga crouches over her pack. Despite the dancing lights hanging in the air right over the shaft, Justin can only see about top five feet of it. The rest is covered by darkness. Before Justin can think about what that could mean or step even closer, he hears the sound of stone moving on stone in heavy steps on both sides of him, left and right, quickly followed by stony glaives attacking him from from both directions. Not ready for the coordinated attack, he is only manages to evede one of the glaives and is hit hard for 12, 11 and 7 damage...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stone guisarme: (1d20+9)[24] for (2d4+5)[12]
    Stone guisarme: (1d20+9)[13] for (2d4+5)[8]
    Stone guisarme: (1d20+9)[18] for (2d4+5)[11]
    Stone guisarme: (1d20+9)[28] for (2d4+5)[7]


    The northern four columns have moved from their places to attack Justin. Dancing ligts not shown, but assume they illuminate the room (but not the shaft!) clearly enough.

    => Party

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •