New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

Lizuga Manescu
    Lizuga grasps her weapon at the ready. She slowly moves down the corridor towards rakieth, her head swielling and her eyes darting back and forth.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 20|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 32/37
    Perception +10, Initiative +2
    Healer's Hand 3/5
    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Encouraging Roar, Kill the Wounded, Curate's Strike (heals 12 or new save), Oaken Shield (Counter +4 AC), Piercing Strike (+5' reach, attack two targets next to each other). Stance: Spoils of War (successful attacks heal 4)
    Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

The vial of alchemist's fire almost flies free before he manages to catch it as the demonic man vanishes. Rakieth scowls, forehead wrinkling in consternation. "Damn him to the nine hells. He's vaniished again.." he snarls, looking at Lizuga, "Fan out he may be close"

Spoiler:
    Show

perception (1d20+9)[28] + (1d6)[6]

HPs 33 / 33 Saves +2/8/4 (+2 Vs Enchant, +2 vs Traps)
    AC 20 (FF 20 Touch 15) +4 dodge = 24 Init +7 (+11) Perception +9 (11 vs traps) Darkvision 60ft/Lowlight vision

Abilities
    Inspiration 5 /5 Remaining (+1d6 on skill check, Free on Knowledge/S.motive Perception, 2 points for Saves / Attack rolls)
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War
    Active Stances: Body of the Night
    Body of Night (Heal ranks to Stealth, +4 to hit/+1d6 dam Vs FFooted)
    Scarlet Einhander (If one weapon fighting, +1d6 damage, +2 shield AC)
    Riven Hourglass (+4 Dodge AC/Initiative, Immune to Slow, 20% Spell Miss chance)

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)
    Sight Piercing Fang (strike)

Instead of recovering maneuvers like a standard stalker, a vigilante must open his mind to the flow of battle and the inherent patterns therein as a full-round action. When he does so, he recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to his vigilante initiation modifier (minimum 2), gains a +4 insight bonus to his AC for one round and can move up to to his speed during the action, provoking attacks of opportunity as normal. In addition, the next attack he makes this encounter adds his sneak attack damage if it hits, regardless of whether or not the target his flanked or flat-footed. Alternately, the vigilante can center his awareness and recover a single maneuver as a standard action.

Conditional effects

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

As the demon disappears again suggests "Maybe it is time to try a more diplomatic approach. The demon clearly can't teleport very far away. He hasn't ambushed us yet, so he probably knows it is a battle he won't win. I think any information he might be able to provide is worth more than his death, since I don't think he was involved in the deaths of your friends. Lets stay together so we aren't an easy target, but try to get him to talk"

If the other's agree to the plan of action Krusk will start calling out saying we know he is hiding but we are only looking for information on what is going on here, and that we won't attack if he doesn't.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

Hearing the pop of displaced air in the larger chamber to the south with the central plinth Rakieth ghosts into the top fo that room, this time agreeing with Krusk he calls out. "Enough of this hide and seek. If you wish to speak come forward and speak with us." He advances a little further to the edge of the raised central platform making sure to have no weapons in his hands as he does so. "Can you tell us of this place?"

Spoiler:
    Show

AC 20 (FF 20 Touch 15) +4 dodge = 24 Init +7 (+11) Perception +9 (11 vs traps) Darkvision 60ft/Lowlight vision

Abilities
    Inspiration 5 /5 Remaining (+1d6 on skill check, Free on Knowledge/S.motive Perception, 2 points for Saves / Attack rolls)
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)

Instead of recovering maneuvers like a standard stalker, a vigilante must open his mind to the flow of battle and the inherent patterns therein as a full-round action. When he does so, he recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to his vigilante initiation modifier (minimum 2), gains a +4 insight bonus to his AC for one round and can move up to to his speed during the action, provoking attacks of opportunity as normal. In addition, the next attack he makes this encounter adds his sneak attack damage if it hits, regardless of whether or not the target his flanked or flat-footed. Alternately, the vigilante can center his awareness and recover a single maneuver as a standard action.

Conditional effects

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

The demon shows himself in the southern alcove. He does not really come "forward", though, instead using the cover he has. He observes your lot, then says the following. "Now you say it's enough and you are willing to speak. Good call, I would say. Would be a better call if you have started with it, but good call nonetheless." He lets you consider his words then continues. "To allow you to make an informed decision, I'll say that I have warned everyone and have cut your retreat. You have no way forward and you have no way back. You better lay your arms and submit yourselves to the mercy of the Mistress... and oh, my, is she angry at you..." He looks at Lizuga accusingly. "Or do you want to negotiate the terms of surrender? I advise you don't push your luck..."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu
    Lizuga leans on her hammer and looks straight at the demon man. "You're enjoying this, stranger. There is no mercy to be had from the likes of you. You're offering us the chance to go like sheep, peacefully to the slaughter. I am going to decline that kind offer".
    Show
    Healer's Hand 3/5
    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Encouraging Roar, Kill the Wounded, Curate's Strike (heals 12 or new save), Oaken Shield (Counter +4 AC), Piercing Strike (+5' reach, attack two targets next to each other). Stance: Spoils of War (successful attacks heal 4)
    Semper ludens.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

"You better not talk anything you do not know, darling. You've come here, uninvited, to what? Meanwhile, those who've come uninvited before you are still alive... that is, those who have surrendered, and assuming you did not kill the guy..." He does seem to enjoy it, though you can see that the wounds you have inflicted have not healed, so it's not like all joy...

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu
    "You've said your piece"... Lizuga holds her tongue, lest an unkind moniker should slip out. "I have heard it. And no-one is surrendering. I suggest you look at what's actually *in* your larder, not what's *supposed* to be there, and not throw your life away".

Lizuga keeps her gaze level at him. "He came back, still injured, with no-one in tow. That suggests that the original owner om my body isn't actually able to intercede. But I don't think thi guy is going to be reasonable", she thinks to herself.
    Show
    Healer's Hand 3/5
    Semper ludens.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

The demon man is visibly annoyed by the response. "You are in the lead here? You decide for them all? Let's see what can be done about it..." He mumbles something arcane and points somewhere in general direction of Lizuga. Two horned remons wielding halberds appear on the raised platform in the center of the room. The flame in the center of the room flashes brightly for a moment. "Kill her!"

Spoiler
    Show

Iris init: (1d20+7)[25]
    Rakieth init: (1d20+7)[16]
    Krusk init: (1d20+6)[16]
    Demons init: (1d20+2)[7]
    Adalbert init: (1d20+3)[6]
    Lizuga init: (1d20+2)[3]
    Demon man init: after you

=> Iris, Rakieth and Krusk (any order)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

As the demons appears Rakieth shook his head, "Well that is one way to curtail the conversation." as the demons appear and taking advantage of their momentay disarray as they arrive he darts forward pulling out the bow and arrow letting a shot fly at the eyes of the nearest one

Spoiler:
    Show

Assuming they are FF as they haven't acted yet in the combat
    * Move BB42 drawing bow
    * Show the nearest demon (1d20+12)[24] dam (1d6+1)[2] + (2d6)[7] maneuvre + (3d6)[10] sneak
    ** Fort DC 16 or blinded for 1 minute
    ** -2 AC for 2 rounds
    If attacked and hit then Sun dips low counter (1d20+13)[33] vs the attack

Abilities
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)

Conditional effects

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Knowing where the demons are likely to head Krusk rushes to put himself in their way shouting "Someone make him pay, I'll keep these ones busy", taking a wide swing at them as he gets to them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If I go straight diagonal I should end up at ZA45 with 25 movement. Using Martial Charge feat to preform Scything Strike (Make a melee attack on two adjacent enemies as a single attack.)

If I have the actions left I'll switch to Stance of the Defending Shell (+2 AC) (if I don't have the action I guess I'm still in Iron Tortoise Stance which is the last one I used)

(1d20+10)[27] (+8 is standard, +2 for charge)
    (2d4+4)[10]

AC 24 (-2 charge, +2 stance)
    HP ?/55 I forgot to keep track of my HPs before, so I'm not sure what I'm at.

Scything Strike
    Regal Blade
    Sanguine Barrier
    Rising Zenith Strike
    Guard’s Oath

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Rakieth's arrow hits the eastern demon in the chest for 14 damage. Krusk rushes in and hits the same demom for 5 more damage. That does not seem to distract either demon from the task given to them. Even as Iris draws the bow and casts a spell, blessing everyone, the demons hurry forward to attack Lizuga. Wielding their filthy halberds - in fact, too filthy for her good as Lizuga professionally notices - they one hits her between the plates for 8 and 8 damage just as the other finally gets enough for himself. And then it gets worse. Four tiny flying demons appear out of nowhere around Lizuga's head, taking turns biting her in the face for 3, 4 and 4 damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Krusk can have AoO at either of two demons.
    Tiny demons are all in the upper part of Lizuga's space.

(1d20+10)[23] for (1d10+4)[8]
    (1d20+10)[29] for (1d10+4)[8]
    (1d20+9)[27] for (1d4+1)[3]
    (1d20+9)[29] for (1d4+1)[4] confirm (1d20+9)[18] for (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d20+9)[29] for (1d4+1)[4] confirm (1d20+9)[16] for (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d20+9)[11] for (1d4+1)[5]

Bless in effect for +1 morale to hit and saves vs fear

=> Adalbert and Lizuga (any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-06-19 at 12:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage
    AC: 18 HP: 26/26
    touch: 14, ff: 15, CMD: 13
    Conditions: Anger +1, Mage Armor (4h), Longstrider (5h))

Adalbert invokes a spell of holy runes and divine bindings. Charged in his hand the halfling hurries over, the abjuration discharged into Lizuga's body. One smirk makes the halfling smile cleverly. But his friends can see the doubt in his mind, now that HE is in the line of fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    casting Prot from Evil (CL 4) on Lizuga.

Last edited by Spore; 2022-06-18 at 01:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu
    Lizuga wards off the approaching demons with a few good stabs from the spike on her hammer, but they still approach ands trike at her. Between that and the small flying things, she doesn't look too good. "Ok, Lady, I KNOW you don't like these things. Help us kill them. I'll need a bit of oomph for my hammer, Krusk's blade, Rakieth's bow and fist...". She drives the edge of her shield into the goat fasce ofg one demon, and immediately feels much better.

Heal to 36 on AoO, then take 27 damage, then heal 16 from hitting with attack. Curate's Strike, shield bash AY40 attack - (1d20+6)[25], dam - (1d4+4)[7], 5' step to AZ39, Armaments of Empire stance, giving the Planar ability (ignore 5 points of outsider DR) to multiple weapons.
    Show
    AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 20|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 25/37
    Healer's Hand 3/5
    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Encouraging Roar, Kill the Wounded, Curate's Strike (heals 12 or new save), Oaken Shield (Counter +4 AC), Piercing Strike (+5' reach, attack two targets next to each other). Stance: Armaments of the Empire
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-06-18 at 03:26 PM.
    Semper ludens.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Krusk makes a good chop at the wounded demon who does his best to ignore both the half-orc and the wounds. The demon makes it as far as the working end of Lizuga's weapon. The demon man observes and grimaces. The other demon also gets two hits while on his way, for 4 and 11, then gets shield-bashed for 2, but is still going strong. The demon-man says "May I humbly suggest you vacate the site before you get someone dead?" He looks into Krusk's eyes just enough for this to sink in, then steps a bit to the left and deeper into the darkness of the alcove.

Spoiler
    Show
    I did not quite expect you to butcher the wounded demon, so Lizuga takes 8 less than previously accounted. AY40 is dead. The demon man is at AX52. Krusk makes a will save against the suggestion, DC 18.

Last edited by u-b; 2022-06-19 at 01:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=DrK;25489875]
    Rakieth Anlec

Seeing a demon injured and one dead Rakieth slides Lizuga, a brief shout out if you need help” as he leaps atop the central plinth beside Krursk and launches an arrow with deadly force at the winged demon. As he does his body seems to vibrate as countless tiny steps and shifts almost make him blur

Spoiler:
    Show

Swift: change stance
    Move to AY42 (diagonally behind Kursk)
    Iron fang with bow (1d20+9)[10] dam (3d6+1)[15]
    * ignore DR
    * -2 AC for target AC for 2 rounds

Abilities
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War
    Active Stances: Riven Hour Glass

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)

Conditional effects
    Bless +1 to hit +1 va fear
    Planar armament : ignore DR 5

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Frustrated that he couldn't draw the demons' attention, but seeing that one fell and feeling the tingle of a spell by the winged demon "I think you're worried that you're going to be the one dead." Krusk snarls as he runs at the him, swinging his sword at him then sliding into a stance that will let him interfere with his movement.

Show

change stance to Vigilant Keeper’s Stance, treat my threatened area as difficult terrain. Any AOO will curse them
    charge to AX51, which should be adjacent to him

attack
    (1d20+11)[13] (+8 standard, +2 charge, +1 bless)
    (2d4+4)[7] (+4 standard)
    apply amgier's mark if I hit

AC 22 (-2 charge)
    HP 55/55

Scything Strike
    Regal Blade
    Sanguine Barrier
    Rising Zenith Strike
    Guard’s Oath

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Rakieth and Krusk hurry to take on the winged demon, leaving Lizuga and Adalbert fight against the rest of the demonic forces. Neither attack is successful agains the demon man, though they sure attract his attention. Meanwhile, Iris steps a bit closer and shoots two arrows. One hits the back of the walking demon, taking him out of the fight, and another hits one of four tiny flying demons, demonstrating Lizuga how these are killed by an arow otherwise going, like, straight in her face. The remaining three tiny demons try to follow and attack Lizuga again...

Spoiler
    Show

Cold iron arrow: (1d20+10)[19] for (1d8+6)[14] + (2d6)[7] (1 round of bane included)
    Cold iron arrow: (1d20+9)[27] for (1d8+5)[11] + (2d6)[9] (1 round of bane included)

I have technical difficulties showing the demon-man, but he's in AX52 at the moment.

Three tiny round flying demons are in Lizuga's former space and about to enter her new space. Lizuga is entitled to AoO any or all of them, if she wants to do that. I will resolve their attacks after I know how it turns out.

=> Lizuga AoO(s)?

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Lizuga AoO
    Show
    Shield bashes. These do not ignore any DR.
    AoO - (1d20+6)[10], dam - (1d4+4)[5]
    AoO - (1d20+6)[9], dam - (1d4+4)[8]
    AoO - (1d20+6)[23], dam - (1d4+4)[5]
    Semper ludens.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

In one bog swipe Lizuga targets the three flying demons with the flat of her shield, hitting only one of them for no apparent effect. The little buggers are tough as demons often are. The trio then follows Lizuga and proceeds to circle her head trying to eat what remains of her face. They get two solid bites for 5 and 4 damage, and the one previously hit with the shield is too busy and just gnaws at that shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Protection from Evil
    Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Summoned creatures that are not evil are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell Resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.
    (1d20+7)[25] for (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d20+7)[23] for (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d20+7)[12] for (1d4+1)[2]
    Lizuga should have AC 23 by my calcs, so two hits.

=> Adalbert and Lizuga (any order)

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

Lizuga bends over and darts away to get room to swing. And swing she does, her hammer knocking one demon into another with a satisfying crunch.

Triage self for 12 HP, move to AY41 (provoking AoO), Piercing Strike at two small demons (ignores 5 DR) attack - (1d20+7)[26], dam - (1d12+5)[16]
    Show
    AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 20|Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +7|HP: 36/37
    Healer's Hand 3/5
    Triage 3/4. Maneuvers readied: Encouraging Roar, Kill the Wounded, Curate's Strike (heals 12 or new save), Oaken Shield (Counter +4 AC), Piercing Strike (+5' reach, attack two targets next to each other). Stance: Armaments of the Empire
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-06-24 at 11:23 PM.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage

You are breaking the circ... Adalbert says just as Lizuga swathes at the flying pests. Nevermind then. The barrier should still hold off some of them. Drawing from his more innate skills, the halfling now exacts his inner wishes to grow 2 times.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enlarge Person. At the start of my turn, Lizuga gets affected by the spell. Casting defensively (1d20+3)[13] vs DC 15

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

The three flying demons try to bite Lizuga as she steps back, but only one manages to do so, for 4 damage. Two others are stopped by the shield and, one second later, whacked by the hammer. They barely hold together trying to regain their senses. The demon man grimaces again. "Well then, see you next time!" He makes a few steps back and disappears again, leaving only a trace of brimstone in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[26] for (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d20+7)[8] for (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d20+7)[10] for (1d4+1)[4]

Krusk can AoO the demon. If that would somehow prevent his movement, casting defensively: (1d20+13)[22]

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Krusk takes the distraction he's created to strike out at the demon as it backs away. As it vanishes again, he says "well we know he can't go too far, get these little ones down and we need to figure out how to catch him." as he turns around and runs towards Lizuga, trying to get into a good spot to attack them.

Show

AOO
    (1d20+9)[17] +8 standard, +1 bless
    (2d4+4)[8] +4 standard

I'm not sure if I can make it to a place to attack the small fliers, with Lizuga being large and not entirely sure where they ended up. If I could charge one of them, I would

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

Rakeith mutters under his breath as the man vanishes again in a cloud of Brimstone and the elf casts about looking for a tell tale sense of where the man had appeared. As he scans the air, a "Well that is getting tiresome rapidly" he launches an arrow at one of the small flapping demons plaguing Lizuga

Spoiler:
    Show

Perception (1d20+9)[21] + inspiration (1d6)[6]

Shoot with bow Iron fang with bow (1d20+9)[28] dam (1d6+1)[4] (12 to confirm for 17 damage)
    * ignore 5 DR

Abilities
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)

Conditional effects
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by DrK; 2022-06-27 at 03:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris focuses, concerned as the demonic man disappears. One thing at a time. She looses arrows at the flying things hoping to put them down so everyone can refocus on the disappeared assailant

Show
    Not action: 5ft step fwd
    Full: Rapid shot
    Longbow (1d20+7)[23] (+3 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 RS, +1 Point Blank), damage (1d8+4)[10], (+2 Str, +1 weapon, +1 Point Blank)

Longbow (1d20+7)[18] (+3 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 RS, +1 Point Blank), damage (1d8+4)[5], (+2 Str, +1 weapon, +1 Point Blank)

Show
    Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 5, Init 7, HP 24/24, Speed 30ft
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 16, CMD 21, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    +1 Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +8 (+3 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+3, x3)
    Battle aspergillum +5 (+3 BAB, +2 Str) (1d6+2, x2)
    Dagger +5 (+3 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +7 (+3 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex, +2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10
    Condition
    *Lucky Number [18](24 hours): reroll or +2 Luck bonus if number [18] rolled
    *Adoration: immediate sanctuary (Will DC15)
    *Agent of Chance: immediate - adjacent ally can reroll a skill check

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Krusk finishes one heavily wounded demon. Rakeith does away with another. That leaves only the third, which gets hit by two arrows and then disappears. You don't particularly like how it disappears though, nor do you like the fact. The two polearm-wielding horned demons have disappeared more or like the way you would expect from a summoned creature that has been dealt the final blow. The three tiny round formerly flying demons, now in very bad shape, still lie next to you on the floor and don't seem to be going anywhere. Yet their last friend has just disappeared from sight a few moments after being hit... well, moderately hard...

There is no signs of demon man appearing anywhere.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage

Adalbert dusts himself off in the hopes to remove demonic guts from his person. I must excuse my poor performance this day. I fully anticipated a golem fight, and foolishly expected less demonic resistance. I am still a mage in training. The academic side is more my thing, still struggling with applying the arcane.

He opens his spell book, dissatisfied with his spell choices. I really should pick more general spells than specialised solutions. Concentrating on reading he repeats a few lines whispering as not to invoke the magic. Small flames tongue on his left hand, repeating the gestures of a flaming arc.

Lady Lizuga, are you up for a dangerous game with fire for tomorrow? The idea is to protect you from flames with an abjuration and then include you in my own pyre. This might have dealt with the smaller demons in seconds, but my flames would still singe you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Pact Wizard ability to prepare another Burning Hands with my remaining first level spell slot. This takes 1 minute.

Last edited by Spore; 2022-07-02 at 07:24 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

Rakieth spins around, centring himself briefly as he seems to almost vibrate from the teachings of the Riven Hourglass. But he finds balance to regains his secrets of the serpent. Then he looks to Lizuga, Iris and Adalbert. "Are any of you injured? It appears our prey remains ever elusive, but we can continue to press on and see if we cannot tempt him back to us."

Spoiler:
    Show

Full action: Recover maneuvres (+4 insight AC whilst doing so)

Abilities
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)

Conditional effects

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu
    "Fire? I would be okay, I suppose". She pokes at the felled flying demons. "Why have these things not popped, though?".

Semper ludens.