New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC 2

You drag the bodies to the small sandy beach and bury them next to Justin and two other graves. It starts to resemble a makeshift graveyard with so many graves in there. Then you make your way out: first by boat, then by rope, then running across the cave with white bugs, out of the stinky troglodite cave and to the witch where you have left Adalbert's donkey. The donkey is there and not surprised in the slightest to see a somewhat different team coming back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything else you do here before you head to Magnimar?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood

After examining the sword and finding no answers he leaves with the others and is surprised to find the donkey alive and well. "Ah, my little friend, you are alive and well. I am pleased, there has been enough death in this horrible place. Come now, have some of the loot little 4 legged friend and we can head back to the city. We can return to the pathfinder lodge and seek some more assiatnce."

Looking back over the marsh he looks at the statue towering above the marsh and shudders, "I will not return here, this place has only death".... he mutters to himself. His normal cheery demanour shattered by the recent day or two.

Spoiler:
    Show

HPs 24 / 24
    Saves + 3 / 5 / 5

Spells:
    1st: 5/7
    2nd:3/4

Conditions
    Mage Armour 90 minutes left

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu
    On the journey back to Magnimar, Lizuga seeks out Iris. Both to help her check herself for any marks, brands, tattoos, lingering magical auras and whatnot, but also for spiritual advice.

"So, Iris". She stirs the stewpot, not raising her gaze. "Back there...... I... - I sinned. Gravely. I wanted to kill those egg-smashing bastards. I was consumed by the thought. And that is a sin. I mean, we are both warriors, we are both killers.... but I don't kill because I want to. Death should only come to those who refuse to repent. I wanted to kill them, and I wanted to kill.... her". She gestures, indicating herself. "And then, I couldn't save Justin. I couldn't save Lebwen. I couldn't even save myself".

She takes a deep breath, and looks at Iris with tears welling up in her eyes. "Iris, did my sins condemn our friends to death?".

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 20|Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +6|HP: 32/32
    Perception +9, Initiative +2
    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Encouraging Roar, Kill the Wounded, Curate's Strike (heals 12 or new save), Oaken Shield (Counter +4 AC), Piercing Strike (+5' reach, attack two targets next to each other). Spoils of War stance (allies heal 4 hp if they hit).
    Semper ludens.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris sings softly as she helps the woman, quick to adjust to this being her friend Lizuga.

"Hush. Hush now...These Runelords, their magic, it has a way with our emotions. But deep down, it's our emotions that give us our humanity. Our spark.

We forge our own destinies. We live our lives. Without occasional feelings of hatred we would have no notion of love. We would be mere husks.

You are just feeling what it is to be mortal. To be human. You didn't bring their deaths upon them, but you sure shared some good times while they lived."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Whoa, deep introspective stuff! Had to double check Fate wasn't a domain for Iris/ Shelyn. "Why Lizuga, yes your actions directly caused their deaths" seems it would be a bit harsh . Luckily it wasn't!

And sorry for delays, I'm still here.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

You head back the way you came. It takes a few days and the trip is not fun by any measure, but you manage to mostly follow the route you take on the way to Lady's Light, so encounter only a few of surprises. Those surprises you do encounter, you spot in time to avoid, and you choose to avoid basically everything that moves, provided it is at least as large as a frog.

The city of Magnimar... well, it's not like it welcomes you back, and it's not like it doesn't. It's late afternoon. The guards at the gates just give you a look and everyone else just mind their own business. Your epic trip, full of struggle and tragedy, is unknown and ignored. So what do you do?

Spoiler
    Show
    Old characters are free to specify anything special they did during the trip. New characters declare what they do, both generally over the last few days, and specifically at the moment. DrK still controls Adalbert until I say otherwise.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

Lizuga hits the marketplaces. She has a +1 bastard sword and a +1 longsword to sell, and some jewelry to get an offer on for their patron to match.

She also looks for identification and an offer on the magical mithril rapier, but again, the patron gets a chance to match that offer.

After that, she is ready to join the others at the lodge.

appraise - (1d20-1)[13], diplomacy - (1d20+10)[18], sense motive - (1d20+9)[27].

Show
    Triage 4/4. Maneuvers readied: Encouraging Roar, Kill the Wounded, Curate's Strike (heals 12 or new save), Oaken Shield (Counter +4 AC), Piercing Strike (+5' reach, attack two targets next to each other). Spoils of War stance (allies heal 4 hp if they hit).
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2021-09-01 at 11:59 PM.
    Semper ludens.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood

Adalabert had recovered little of his cheer and joy as they trudged back to the city. Much of the time he had spent conversing with Iris or the donkey, as even though he knew it was Lizuga her new body still bothered him deeply. "Was it unwise Iris? Should we have just stayed in the city rather than following adventure?" he had asked one evening as they had sat, the pipe in his hand emitting strange purple and yellow smoke rings.

--

As the city with the collapsed giant bridge to nowhere hove into view he breathed a sigh of relief. "Safety of sorts", patting the donkey he murmured, "You have done well, better than most of my friends to have made it there and back again eh.." Then to Iris and Lizuga he nods towards the city walls, "We should head to the Pathfinder Lodge I believe. Even with what little we gleaned they will be interested in the Lady. They may even organise a return trip."

As he watches Lizuga head off to the market he leads the donkey to the pathfinder lodge. Reaching the lodge he looks about hoping for a glimpse of the Lady who had sent them to the deadly but intriguing Lady's light. Seeing a tough looking half orc in battered banded mail he approaches quietly, "Is the lady of the Society in? We have returned from one of their investigations, but sorely pressed and diminished in number. I would speak with her and see what help she can offer. "

Spoiler:
    Show

HPs 24 / 24
    Saves + 3 / 5 / 5

Spells:

Conditions

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Krusk sighs as he once again spots Magnimar breaking through the trees down the road. Readying himself to put on the façade of dumb brute to pick up rudimentarily work because that is all anyone thought him capable of doing.

After restocking provisions for the road, as he's heading toward the yards to find another job as a caravan guard, he sees the Pathfinder lodge and stops for a moment and says quietly to himself "It has been too long since I've had a good, real adventure. Maybe I should stop in and see if there is anything interesting going on first." He walks to the lodge and as he is removing his lodge token from his pack he is approached by a halfling.

"I don't know, I've just returned to town myself and haven't been inside yet.
    It sounds as if your investigation did not go as planned. Have you tried hitting your problems with a bigger stick? That seems to be all my recent employers are looking for in problem solving.
    " The last part said with a bit of a sigh.
    "How about I buy you an ale and you can tell me the tale inside while you wait for the Lady, I need to catch up with what has been happening at the lodge."
    Last edited by Erloas; 2021-09-03 at 10:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Lizuga finds a weapons dealer that has a section for magical weapons and an ability to identify them on the spot without any delays. The merchant gives what Lizuga feels are fair prices even though she does not have an independent valuation. The merchant has enough gold and platinum ready at hand to buy all three swords. The price he offers for the mithril rapier is 4660 gp. You have to pay 10 gp if you would like to know how he'd came to that valuation. Lizuga pays. The merchant's explanation is that it is a +1 undead bane mithral rapier and also has other beneficial properties he is, at the moment, unable to identify and evaluate. You can chose to pay another 20 gp and wait for the merchant to summon an expert if you want those properties to be identified.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

Lizuga pays the appraisal fee, sells the longsword and bastard sword (2325 gp?), then goes off to the lodge to find the others.

Show
    Semper ludens.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Lizuga gets two bags of coins for two swords. One bag containing 220 platinum and one bag containing 125 gold. She also gets a written report about the rapier. This takes some time to get, but the expert even puts his stamp and signature on it, so it turns out to be a pretty official-looking paper. In the report, and also in person, the examiner also points at a word in small letters on the blade near the hilt. It reads "Silverfang" in Varisian. The merchant ups his offer for the sword to 8250 gp paid here and now or 8000 gp at any later time. Lizuga says that maybe later time it is, but not now, thank you. She then goes to the Lodge.

The following people eventually gather at the Lodge in addition to the group of Pathfinders who have made it back from Lady's Light:

Sheila Heidmarch
    Canayven Heidmarch
    Joadric Heimurl
    Rakieth Anlec
    Krusk

Almya Gorangal is nowhere in sight and is said (by Joadric, with a lot of expletives, though later confirmed by Sheila to be factually correct) to be gone to take on the barghest. Single-handed. Now, Joadric cannot help but notice that there is fewer of you than when you've last met. Was Almya correct judging the risks of this expedition?

Spoiler: Examination report
    Show
    [The description of physical qualities of the sword]
    [Paraphrased] The specimen is +1 undead bane mithral rapier, but also has other magical properties. As long as the sword is carried, the user gains a +2 resistance bonus on all saving throws against negative energy and level drain, and whenever he makes a Fortitude save to recover from a negative level, he may roll the save twice, taking the better of the two results as the actual result. Once per day, the specimen can target an undead creature it just successfully critically hit with a halt undead effect (Will DC 14 negates) as a swift action.
    [The description of the examiner]

You notice that the report says nothing about the sword's market value.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood

Adalbert looks at the gathering crowd within the large and impressive library before nodding sadly to Lizuga and bowing to the assembled people. Watching the orc and the strange grey skinned elf with some curiosity. "We have mixed tidings I'm afraid from our expedition to the Lady's light. We have lost some our fellows" he pauses, a tear forming at his eyes. "Justen fell in the caverns, a ancient glass construct cut him down in his prime, then we battled a Dhampir magi, and Lebwen and Lizuga..." he pauses and gestures to the ravishing ancient azlanti woman, "But, and we do not understand how Lizuga was returned, but in the body of a ancient Runelord... We do not know how." He details the rest of the adventure, speaking of the caves beneath the swamp, the odd orc with and the tribes of reptillian troglodytes they had cut their way through (but at great cost) and describes in detail the pictures and runes in the caverns under the lady's light.

"We would go back..." he adds, a note of caution in his voice, "But we need assistance. We need more allies, skilled with blades and magic and cunning for ancient traps. We will avenge Lebwen and Justen and pull the secrets from that place no matter the cost.." He pauses at the end waiting for the questions.

Spoiler:
    Show

HPs 24 / 24
    Saves + 3 / 5 / 5

Spells:

Conditions

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

"The gods' own truth. I was killed by that dhampir, and I know dead when I see it. And yet, here I am, in this body that we saw resting, warm and breathing, in a sarcophagus". Lizuga keeps her religious observations to herself. "With what I suppose is resurrection sickness to boot."

She waits for later in the conversation. "Would you like to see what we recovered from that place?"

Show
    Semper ludens.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

After listening to the story of the trip to Lady's Light Krusk responds with "That is a high price to pay for information, I hope it proves worthwhile. I have heard only the general myths of the Runelords, but if you have tasks left to do, maybe I could aid you, I have been looking to get back to adventuring"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

As Adalbert finishes the elf looks up from the corner where he had been leaning in a relaxed manner, a hand holding one of the many books. So... three die, 1 returned and you think this a good place to visit..." he asks in a slightly cynical tone. "However one of you has been improved and now resembles an ancient Runleord. This does intrigue me." He glances at Lady Hedmarch, "If it pleases you I would take this commission from the lodge. I have some scholarly bent and have often seen the Lady light from afar, I would have visited sooner had I realised the treasures that and mysteries that lay beneath."

Looking at Adalbert, Lizuga and Iris he places the book back on the shelf and offers a low bow, "I am Rakieth, a wanderer and archaeologist of sorts" he adds with a blank expression. Although from the lean muscled look and the daggers tucked into his belt he looks like he can handle himself in a fight.

Spoiler:
    Show

Know History for the Runelord/Lighthouse facts (1d20+9)[24] + (1d6)[6] inspiration

HPs 33 /33 Saves +2/8/4 (+2 Vs Enchant, +2 vs Traps)
    AC 20 (FF 20 Touch 15) Init +7 Perception +9 (11 vs traps) Darkvision 60ft/Lowlight vision

Abilities
    Inspiration 5 /5 Remaining (+1d6 on skill check, Free on Knowledge/S.motive Perception, 2 points for Saves / Attack rolls)
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War
    Stances: none active
    Body of Night (Heal ranks to Stealth, +4 to hit/+1d6 dam Vs FFooted)
    Scarlet Einhander (If one weapon fighting, +1d6 damage, +2 shield AC)
    Riven Hourglass (+4 Dodge AC/Initiative, Immune to Slow, 20% Spell Miss chance)

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)
    Sight Piercing Fang (strike)

Instead of recovering maneuvers like a standard stalker, a vigilante must open his mind to the flow of battle and the inherent patterns therein as a full-round action. When he does so, he recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to his vigilante initiation modifier (minimum 2), gains a +4 insight bonus to his AC for one round and can move up to to his speed during the action, provoking attacks of opportunity as normal. In addition, the next attack he makes this encounter adds his sneak attack damage if it hits, regardless of whether or not the target his flanked or flat-footed. Alternately, the vigilante can center his awareness and recover a single maneuver as a standard action.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Sheila and Canayven listen attentively. After you are done, Sheila says: "I'm sorry for the loss of your friends. Maybe I should not have allowed you to undertake this mission. It's probably too late to second-guess. If you are going to return there, all our deals stay valid. You can use this place to rest and recover and I will organize any necessary assistance."

"Yes, let me see what you have recovered from that place. I would also expect to have a report in writing, or, at your option, multiple reports. "

Spoiler
    Show
    I see you do not mention the prisoner you've got. He would not have volunteered any information when he regained consciousness on your trip back, but now you have a whole city worth of options to throw at the problem, so you can specify what to do with him, if anything.

Those who are back will get 2 fame and 2 prestige each as soon as you turn in your report(s) in writing.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage
    AC: 14/18 HP: 26/26
    touch: 14, ff: 15, CMD: 13
    Conditions: Anger +1 (Mage Armor, tenative)

Adalbert was struck by grief and the incessant sarcasm of the newcomer. These men laid down their lives to learn the truth about potential demons and goblinoid invasions, and all you have to say is a caustic remark? You have never seen the calm and friendly halfling so angry. You are only right in one thing. If we try it again with the same strategy, we will get blown out again.

Taking off his hat to honor the dead, he goes to Sheila. I am a dilletante arcanist. A hack, my only contribution until now was a bit of advice and some light magic. I do blame myself for their downfall, for all the deaths. The tone of Adalbert was sincere, but those who know him better hear his usually calm demeanor even when debating a topic being angry; something that was definitely not there before.

Whoever built these dungeons, whoever sent their agents against us... Adalbert trails off, now standing in front of Sheila. Despite her silent nature, Adalbert knew she was the captain here, so he knew when the shut up. He just looked up and asked: I am a decent enough student, but I want to stay here for a bit to refresh my knowledge of actual arcane magic. No small cantrips anymore. No trickery. Just honest research. He looks around. So where is that slightly annoyed mage that sat here just a few days ago? he adds.
    Last edited by Spore; 2021-09-14 at 07:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Sheila explains about the missing mage: "You mean Almya? As Joadric said, she took that barghest-hunting quest you've brought in. After you left, she spent thirty hours in the library nonstop and then booked the quest on the spot. Spent two more days here before she left. Took no assistance at all, saying it would be useless and not justify sharing the loot." Sheila shrugs. "She did not say what she is going to do, but knowing her, she probably bets on some magics."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

"The greatest treasures are probably this enchanted rapier" - she puts the weapon and the appraisal report on the table - "and these fine clothes and jewelry that the Azlanti body was draped in. In addition, the warrior who killed both Lebwen and me is in our custody. I'm not sure about the legalities of the situation, and I suspect that neither is he. I bear him no ill will, but I can't stand the sight of him. Interview him as you see fit before relasing him into freedom or custody".

She hands over a cloak, a book and a longbow. "These were also his, and might have some historic value to a collector, beyond their practical value".

She crosses her arms and leans back, waiting patiently for an offer.

Show
    Semper ludens.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage

Adalbert crosses his arms in a defiant but knowing gesture. I trust in her judgment to make smart decisions, but the fickle nature of arcane based strategies is what pulled me away from the field in the first place. If you have the right spells, it will be a breeze. If unexpected things happen, you can die pretty fast. He looks at the familiar and yet foreign new Lizuga and Iris. Sometimes I must admit a strong arm is worth more than all the planning in the world.

Sometimes though
    Adalbert tries to summon a small flame in his hand, grimacing but failing. even a mage must become more brutish.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Sheila grabs the book while Canayven examines the sword and reads the accompanying paper. It does not take long before Sheila says: "It's a modern notation. " She flips through the whole book to the end. "All the way through. It's a contemporary spellbook." She quickly examines the cloak and the longbow, casting a spell while at it. She puts both aside without much thought. Then he looks at the jewelry. "This is authentic. Not magical, but still would command premium over contemporary things. I'll give you four grand for the lot." Then she takes a closer look at the sword, taking it from Canayven, who points at the word "Silverfang" written there in Varisian. She reads the paper. She frowns. "An interesting find, but not something my employer is after. At least I don't think so. Please do not dispose of it, I have to consult my employer and will make an offer tomorrow if she's iterested."

She seems to be unvilling to engage in a discussion about magit and might, at least at the moment. "Bring in your prisoner." She says. When the prisoner is brought in, she looks at him, raises an eyebrow and then asks you a question. "Is that your Domination hanging on him?"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

Lizuga puts her hand on the pile of jewelry in the middle of the table, then looks over to Adalbert for his opinion.

She flinches and almost bares her teeth when the prisoner is brought in. "Not my doing. But I think whoever enspelled him was wearing this face".

Show
    Semper ludens.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

Rakieth looked with interest at the rapier, “A nice blade, looks light and well made, but not Thassilonian” he nods in agreement then glances back at Lizuga, “Wearing this face? Are you suggesting this body of yours has some identical sisters somewhere, interesting,. Please bring him in, I’d be curious as to what other threats may lie within those caverns”.

He pours another drink before pacing around awaiting the captive to be brought in

Spoiler:
    Show

AC 20 (FF 20 Touch 15) Init +7 Perception +9 (11 vs traps) Darkvision 60ft/Lowlight vision

Abilities
    Inspiration 5 /5 Remaining (+1d6 on skill check, Free on Knowledge/S.motive Perception, 2 points for Saves / Attack rolls)
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)

Instead of recovering maneuvers like a standard stalker, a vigilante must open his mind to the flow of battle and the inherent patterns therein as a full-round action. When he does so, he recovers a number of expended maneuvers equal to his vigilante initiation modifier (minimum 2), gains a +4 insight bonus to his AC for one round and can move up to to his speed during the action, provoking attacks of opportunity as normal. In addition, the next attack he makes this encounter adds his sneak attack damage if it hits, regardless of whether or not the target his flanked or flat-footed. Alternately, the vigilante can center his awareness and recover a single maneuver as a standard action.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage

Adalbert brushes away Lizuga's request. We can do the loot later. A part of it goes to the Society for input anyhow, and the spell book is mostly interesting to me, as are late Master Lebwen's notations. he says. The halfling wanted to maybe use both magi's notes as a basis to reteach himself some arcane magic. It was far too long that he tried himself with that. Until now he mostly trusted in his willpower to just force magic to do his bidding, but it was probably far easier after some studying to do this with a bit of mind over will.

Enchantment's a nasty stuff and the true evil in my eyes. People always fear a young apprentice mage burning down a house but I would rather destroy property than make a man kill their own. Let us hope he is cooperative once the spell is lifted.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

The man rejects the notion of ever being cooperative and certainly he isn't now. It seems you'll have to either use torture or wait for the spell to run out or undo it with some other appropriate spell. Unfortunately, nobody of those present has nesessary magic ready at hand, or, for that matter, at all. Would you like to imprison him for now and do about other business?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

After having listened to the story of what happened Krusk asks "While it seems like you've found some interesting items, it doesn't sound like you've found any big revelation about the area. And you may have accidently messed up some ancient wizard's failsafe plan. Does that make you lucky or a target?
    How does what you found here compare to your previous discoveries on these Runelords? Do you think there is a lot more to find by going back? Now that you've got a better idea of what's there, what additional preparations can be made?
    "

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga Manescu

"This poor fool certainly believed that I was his precious "Mistress"". Lizuga shrugs widely, her knowledge of mind control magics fully exhausted.

"One thing to look out for is that stone-and-glass thing that killed Justin. I don't know if it can be tricked, but it ceretainly couldn't be appealed to".

Show
    Semper ludens.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert Hornwood
    Halfling Mage

Adalbert climbs onto a chair to see the prisoner eye to eye. Interpersonal stuff is my forte but for some reason my interrogations tend to be unimpressive. he says not even being larger than the man standing on a stool.

I say we study to find a way to break the enchantment, or wait. I assume any sane mind would want us to get revenge on the person that enslaved their mind. This would allow me to at least check his belongings before we ask unneeded questions.

Adalbert turns to Krusk, partially annoyed at the lack of tact and inserting himself into others business. You see anger bubbling to the surface of the usually calm halfling's mind. He does however swallow it, jumping down and extending his hand to greet. Nice to meet you. This is Lady Lizuga of Sarenrae's grace. Iris, devout to Shelyn. And I am Adalbert, student under Master Kalizandrex Poppo. Turning to Rakieth, Adalbert beckons him to come closer.

As you are aware, we botched a quest at Lady's Light. We need at least two people to bolster our ranks to reinvestigate and avenge our fallen friends. As he mentions his deceased friends, the halfling's voice becomes louder and a bit more evocative. If you have what it takes, we will return and finish this job. As for myself, I will use a few days to pick up magery again. Lizuga is a blessed warrior and Iris a very good tracker and markswoman. Adalbert crosses his arms behind his back, expecting a bit of a rundown.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nice to meet you Adalbert... Lizuga... and Iris" Krusk says, shaking hands with each as he says their name. "My name is Krusk, and I have no fancy title. I am a member of this lodge, though it has been a while since I preformed any work for them, which is why I had stopped by today, to see what has been happening while I've been off paying the bills with some guard and protection work around the area. I specialize in protecting others and can turn aside blows with my sword as well as other's can with a shield and can counter the actions of several opponents at once. I might not be the strongest warrior around, but I make up for it with solid tactics.
    If you have a solid plan to go forward, I would offer my services to your expedition and help avenge your fallen friends."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Rakieth Anlec

Listening to the tale and seeing the prisoner Rakieth looks interested and nods to Adalbert, Lizuga and Iris as they are introduced. After Krusk introduces himself he nods. "I am Rakieth, I think this sounds interesting and will accompany you. I have a fondess for the old Thassilonian ways..." he pings on of the three small crytsalline stones floating around his shoulder to prove the point. "And this sounds interesting. I am a archivist of the old and ancient..." he adds, "But am handy enough in the wilds and have explored my share of treacherous ruins. I can hold my own I'm sure."

Looking at them all he asks, "What manner of creatures had you encountered in there? It may be wise to take some supplies to better help deal with them?"

Spoiler:
    Show

Know arcana for the glass thing (1d20+10)[16] + (1d6)[6] inspriration

Abilities
    Sneak Attack +2d6
    Trapfinding +2
    Uncanny Dodge

Path of War

Moves
    Hunting Serpent (strike)
    Dizzying Venom (boost)
    Flash kick (boost)
    Sun Dips Low (Counter)
    Iron Fang (strike)