New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

(I sort of counted votes- Blue neautral, Oldwolf toward this name..)

Ponies look worried as Lettersprite has collapsed.
    "Mister Lettersprite?"
    But Agony and Bubble Guard shoo them,maybe with an air of confidence- of ponies who know what are they doing to his home.

(Feel free to describe the house and etc')
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

(I'm fine with the name )

With the help of Tea Agony and Bubble Guard, Lettersprite slowly makes his way back to the door of his apartment building. A worried looking Mrs. Hudsneigh stands inside by the central staircase, but calms and leaves the three of them to their business upon seeing her tenant back safely.

Lettersprite removes the scarf once he can feel the building's floor beneath his hooves again, breathes a sigh of relief, and returns it to Tea Agony.

"My thanks to both of you, and my apologies: the great outdoors have never been... easy for me to process. I look up at the sky and fear I may fall up into it, though I know that's nonsense of course.

He gets a good look at his new friends and recognizes Tea Agony from the debate.

"Ah! I remember you spoke up on my behalf out there. While I rebuked your words, it was nice to know that there was somepony standing by me: thank you.

He then realizes the door is still open, and hurriedly closes it, breathing a sigh of relief once the sky is out of sight.

"So what might your names be? You have heard mine, but it would be remiss of me to deny my saviors proper hospitality at the very least! Come: my apartment is on the third floor. I have a freshly brewed pot of chamomile tea and some chocolate biscuits, ah, 'cookies' to the non Trottish, to share.

He canters up the stairs at a surprising pace for such a non-athletic pony before coming to a light oak door, which he opens to reveal a comfortable, if not spacious, room.

In one corner is a bed with a variety of blankets for those cold Trottish nights. Next to it is a side table with a glasses case, small clock, pen, and stack of blank paper on it.

To the opposite end of the room is a door to a small, finely furnished restroom with a rubber duck visible on the side of a bathtub in the dim light.

On the street side of the room, there is a window covered by a curtain next to a small stove and pantry next to another side table. A tea kettle rests on the stove, and as promised, a pot of hot tea is on the side table next to an open tin of cookies.

In the center of the room is a small table with two chairs, which is something Lettersprite seems a bit self conscious of at the moment.

"My apologies: there isn't really room for a third chair, but I can sit on the bed. Please! Make yourselves comfortable!"

Lettersprite then goes about the business of pouring Tea Agony and Bubble Guard each a cup of tea. He moves the tin of cookies to the table in the center where the two may sit if they feel so inclined.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony doesnt want to disrespect the host so she accept his hospitality. She sit down and wait patiently for the tea.

She strikes conversation: " My neame is Tea Agony and I work for Starswirl the Bearded. Also, let me guess, that rubber duck was a gift from Starswirl the Bearded? I never understood his obsession toward them."

Speaking about him naturally makes Tea agony both warm and nostalgic. She wish Starswirl the Bearded had never left the castle.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-01-15 at 08:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Its just not fair. He always makes these kind of decisions. I am surprised the castle manages to stay in one piece considering the weird ménage he picks." BubbleGuard adds admitting his own annoyance on being unable to give feedback on prior recruits.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony sigh, point toward Bubbles: " And this is Bubble Guard, also working for Starswirl the Bearded. "

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Some ponies stare from the window, with worried expressions.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite catches a glimpse of a worried looking pony through a crack in the curtains, sighs, and ties a stocking around his eyes like a headband before opening the window by feel.

He calls out to the ponies below.
    "My apologies for making a scene: suffice it to say that the outdoors have never been my friend. Rest assured that I am feeling much better now, and I swear that while I might look a bit mad with this stocking around my head, that I am sound of mind as well. Thank you for attending the debate, and I wish you all a fine evening!"

He pulls his head back in and closes the window and curtains again by feel before taking off the stocking. He looks from the stocking to his guests and shrugs.
    "Reserve your judgment please: stockings are quite handy on cold winter nights."

Lettersprite's ears perk when Tea Agony mentions Star Swirl.
    "Oh! So you've met him too? Haha! He is a rather eccentric pony. I met him during the early negotiations for the Treaty of Everfree now taking effect in Trottingham; that's where he told me about rubber ducks! I didn't understand them at first myself, but there is a certain satisfaction to squeezing them."

Then Bubble Guard speaks, leaving Lettersprite somewhat confused.
    "Decisions? Menage? Oh! Has he sent you to find a new pony to staff his... mansion? I don't know where he lives actually: he wasn't forthcoming on the matter when we met."

He takes a sip of tea before continuing.
    "I suppose an eccentric mage is wont to attract eccentric assistants, no? So who's the lucky pony if I might ask?"

He then takes a long sip of tea.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony wait for him to stop sipping his tea and swallow it before answering:

" You, actually. He asked us to recruit you. "

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard then adds. "Though I must add that the decision is yours. We wont force you to join us."
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite looks to his teacup, over to Tea Agony, over to Bubble Guard, and back to his teacup again before slowly sitting down on his bed.
    "I suppose you have my thanks Ms. Agony for waiting until I'd finished my sip: the world usually likes to take advantage of embarrassing comedic potential like that, but my bathrobe remains unstained for your efforts."

He stares at the ceiling for a long moment before looking at his two guests again.
    "Did Starswirl mention why he wanted legal assistance? I assume that is what he's after: you don't come to me for advice on wizardry or heroics... Is it the revocation of privileges that troubles him? I wasn't aware he had many to be revoked to be honest. He's a talented mage to say the least, but he isn't a noble. Heh, rather uncommon for a unicorn of his standing that, good on him I say!"

Lettersprite pauses for a moment to refill his teacup but does not take a sip this time. His brow furrows as an idea crosses his mind.
    "Or is it the privilege of these enigmatic new rulers who are to manage the three kingdoms one day that troubles the great mage? He was reticent as to who they were: all he would say is that 'they weren't ready yet' which did him no favors during negotiations."

He sighs and leans back.
    "No matter, I think I am inclined to accept either way for the sake of my previous work. Will Star Swirl be coming to Trottingham, or does he want me to travel? Because the latter option may take some time to arrange: I've only traveled once in my life, and it took some planning as you might imagine from my little moment outside. I spent the journey under a tarp reading books while trying to ignore the motion of the cart."

He shudders at that memory, and takes a quick sip of tea to calm his nerves before going on.
    "I may also need a day to set some affairs in order: my brother will need somepony to keep an eye on him if Dr. Wattsneigh is out of town, Mrs. Hudsneigh, no relation, will need to be notified, and my fellow lawmakers will need to be informed of my impending absence as well."

"Actually, did Star Swirl have an estimate of how long this affair will take to resolve? A rough estimate would be nice, though I should be able to tell my colleagues of unforeseen developments and delays by letter."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony sigh and says: " Im not a mare that like comedy... And I didn't know you were that much aware of the situation. It means our situation might be more at risk then we thought. IN any case, it is not a position that is easy to get out. You would have to sign a legal contract to protect Starswirl's secrets. Also... Its a position that will lead you to both adventure and expentionnal growth. One where you will have to be a teacher... and a guardian of the most important ponies ever. "

She get a legal contract out of her mane and put it on the table. The contract involve a salary and a clause of erasing memory if the pony were to retire from his position.

" We have the best cook in Equestria, the best lodging and the best library after the one of Tronningham. And the access of Starswirl library, you would be able to increase your aptitude to magic theory and more as well. But I hope you arent afraid of childrens and have the patience to deal with them. Im a mother myself and we have other childrens to at the castle.In short, your job would be one of being a private tutor and legal consultant."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard still wondered about how trustworthy he would be. "And while I understand the importance of thinking on our own self. I must also inform you that while there are benefits to be gained by accepting this job, there are also rules and restrictions that you must abide to. I must ask for your complete cooperation when it comes to such matters as the one in charge of taking care of the staff. "
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite studies the contract, raising an eyebrow at the memory erasure clause, but remembering that such things are fairly common in the laws of the unicorn kingdoms.

He sits back and takes in his guests' words, thinking them over, before returning a serious look and speaking.

"So Star Swirl is hoping to hire me for a more permanent position then..."

He puts a hoof to his brow and closes his eyes in thought for a moment.

"While he has met me only briefly, he must know that I will not be able to simply leave my position in Trottingham without making some arrangement to continue my administrative services here, nor do I think he would wish that. Were I to accept this, I would have to be able to send regular letters to the Trottish parliament..."

He looks to Bubble Guard
    "And yes, I understand that this would be a security concern, but remember that such things are not unfamiliar to me: my job for the past twenty years of my life has required that I literally keep state secrets, including the Treaty of Everfree in its earlier stages, before it was revealed to the public."

He stares at the ceiling for a moment, keeping his eyes there as he continues.
    "Yet I cannot deny that you came at a good time to request this: with the Treaty of Everfree mostly sorted, I don't expect I would have much to busy me any time soon."

He looks back at the two ponies before him.
    "...Children, you say? I admit that I am inexperienced in dealing with them, though I expect that dealing with politicians on a regular basis may have appropriately steeled my nerves for such a task... 'guardian of the most important ponies,' from your wording, I take it that these 'important ponies' are children too... interesting... and I would be instructing them. I expect I could do this."

He sighs and rubs his temples again.
    "I also expect I will be inclined to take this position, though I would like an evening to think it over, and a day to make arrangements with the Trottish parliament should I accept. I feel I should emphasize that I feel I must have contact with my nation's government, yet that I would also respect the contract's secrecy clause."

He looks them both straight in the eyes.
    "I am a pony of rules after all: my life has been dedicated to building and maintaining them."

His gaze softens. He then notices that the room has grown darker as the evening has progressed.
    "Do you have a place to stay for the night? If you wish, I could arrange for you to stay in two of the apartments in this complex tonight. I do beg your patience in these matters: please understand that this decision has a great deal of gravity."

If the two ponies allow him to take his night to decide, he will agree in the morning, and GM willing, his correspondence with the Trottish parliament can be arranged in less than a day actually, with him ready to leave the following night. What do you all think?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard looks at Tea Agony and asks her. "What should we do about "that thing" we have to take care by tomorrow? Afterall, you know the reason we came here in such a rush before." He isnt sure if he cant speak more on the subject yet considering the situation.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony nods to Bubbles: " Thank you Bubbles for reminding me. M. Lettersprite, Master Starswirl need your help tommorow evening and I can craete a portal that will lead us there for you to spend the night in a guest room. Take it as both a favor for Master Starswirl and a trial for the job..."

She explain the lawyers, the fact they need to hide the childrens and a room full of dangerous artifacts and how they want to spy on everything inside the manor.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite looks between Tea Agony and Bubble Guard a few times once the explanation has been delivered before leaning back and looking at the ceiling for a few moments.
    "...So this is an urgent and complex matter then. Wonderful."

He leans forward again with a hoof under his chin, sighing as he looks back to Tea Agony.
    "Sorry, sorry: I should have known that Star Swirl wouldn't have come to me with a simple job. Nopony does really... A portal, you say? Could similar magic be employed to allow me to inform the Trottish parliament of my imminent absence? A more permanent method of communication with Trottingham would be ideal in the long run, but that can be puzzled out later I suppose."

He relaxes slightly and takes a sip of tea before continuing.
    "As for the problem you are facing, I expect I may have a solution, albeit an unprecedented one. You see, under the Treaty of Everfree, the authority of the newly declared Equestrian Alliance is greater than that of any of the kingdoms: if the castle were to be declared a state building of the Alliance, the kingdoms would be unable to pry into its affairs without substantial legal action and evidence of wrongdoing."

He sets down his teacup on a saucer before speaking again.
    "The problem is that no such buildings have been declared yet, and the procedure for doing so is still unclear and likely subject to some debate. That said, I think I should be able to lay a strong foundation for the castle's status as such a building; certainly enough of one to keep your secrets safe for the time being. And if I am to work with you, Star Swirl, and his young proteges for an extended period of time, I should be on hoof to deal with any complications down the line."

He looks between Tea Agony and Bubble Guard again.
    "Well then, if my efforts are needed so soon, then I suppose I shouldn't tarry. I will pack some essentials, leave a note for Ms. Hudsneigh, and be back in a moment... Just, please at least put some thought into alerting the Trottish parliament of my absence: I'm not sure how they would react to my disappearing without a trace, but I imagine it would cause a lot of unpleasant fuss and bother."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony says: " Master Starswirl can definitely warn them tommorow morning. And I am sure with your guidance and Starswirl status, there wont be any problem. "

Tea Agony is openly impressed by Lettersprite now. He managed to find a loophole just like that and suggest a viable solution to their predicament. Although she had being able to help with the laws, diplomacy and bureaucracy up until now, the world was changing while she was focusing more on her maternal duties and on her legal charges. Too fast for her to keep up.

Tea Agony wondered what would be her future now... She had being Starswirl most loyal servant but now that he was gone, she felt a hole in her existence as well. FOrtunatly, her family was enough to fill her with happiness but she wish she could improve, somewhat.

In any case, she wait for Lettersprite to do his luggages and suggest a few things needed. She remind them we need to hurrt to get a good night sleep as the day will be difficult tommorow. They have to hurry...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"Whatever the case might be. I will wait for everything to be formally settled before I begin my usual ritual." BubbeGuard replies knowing it was better to wait just a tiny bit more before explaining the rules of the castle.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

As promised, Lettersprite returns about twenty minutes after leaving to pack his things with a modest amount of luggage, a piece of paper in one hoof, and a pen in his mouth.

He sets the luggage down on the bed, places the paper on the table, and writes a quick note. He leaves a bag of what sounds like bits on top of the note.
    "My rent for the month. Ms. Hudsneigh will likely be a mite cross with me for leaving with little notice already: best not forget my rent too."

He then picks up his luggage again and looks between Tea Agony and Bubble Guard expectantly.
    "So, how does this portal spell work? Do we need to hold hooves or something? Pardon my ignorance: spells have rarely been relevant to my line of work... Is this, 'ritual,' a part of this?"
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-01-29 at 05:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony go make sure the front door is locked, then her horns glow and a silver round portal appear, large enough to cover the front door. The other side show a lighted empty bedroom with a fireplace with a fire cracking in the fire place, providing soft warm even to the place in Trottingham.

" The ritual is mostly Bubbles explaining to you the rules in Starswirl castle. We can do that once the portal is close, its very draining so everyone hurry on the other side please! "

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey! Those rules keep everyone in the castle safe!" BubbleGuard complains. "And its the abridged version, too. Imagine if I had to talk about all 15 rule manuals." BubbleGuard remembers that this isnt the time to be wasting on a discussion. He jumps into the portal to the other side.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

The portal warp as usual for Agony and Bubble.
    For Lettersprite this must be a new exprience.

They arrive, about a hour after midnight into the exact room where they ha e teleported from.
    Starswirl is asleep, while a loud argue is heard outside at the corridor.
    "Get back into your room. You WON'T trot around in this castle' a voice which Agony and Bubble recongnize as Tailwind.
    If they get out to the corridor,they see the beauiful lavender coated pegasi maid, stand infront of a handsome and determined looking soldier-
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/60...0aad3f3ab9.png

Some might recongnize this soldier as Flash Magnus-the bravest soldier of Cloudsdale.
    Who fought off dragons-even the dragon-lord himself.
    He look weary tired and angry.
    "Look ma'am. I am a friend. NOT an enemy. I just want to drink something"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite nods slowly at Tea and Bubble's descriptions of the Ritual.
    "I see... I will do what I can to pay my due attention when you administer this 'Ritual' then."

Then Tea Agony casts her spell and Lettersprite, a bit startled by it, charges through after a moment of hesitation. He takes a moment to make sure he's still in one piece when he gets to the other side, and when satisfied, takes in his surroundings.
    "Great sun above... This is quite the impressive manor Star Swirl has here Ms. Agony, and that was an impressive trick back there. Heh, what I wouldn't have given for something like that as a colt traveling to Lawndon!"

He then notices Star Swirl snoring and does a double take before quietly chuckling. Heh! Even the greatest of mages snore.

Then the argument catches his attention and he sees none other than Cloudsdale's greatest hero arguing with a maid. This... Is getting a tad surreal.

He stands in place awkwardly shuffling his hooves and looks to Tea Agony and Bubble Guard, figuring they might have the best chance of resolving this.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony goes to Flash Magnus and apologize: " Mister Flash Magnus, I suppose you are part of Starswirl's team? I am not surprise to be honest... I apologize if the hospility is lacking but we were caught unprepared and with a few... emergencies on our hooves. Ms Tailwind, please go ask Sugar Rush if she can give a glass of hot milk to our guest. In exchange, you will deliver it to his room where he will stay for the rest of the night. We can discuss tommorow morning during breakfast, which will be at the break of dawn. I suggest you try to get some sleep."

(Corrected)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-02-02 at 11:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard breaths in as he was about to get ready to begin his ritual but as soon as he notices this other individual, he keeps the air inside his mouth. Embarrased by his unfortunate display BubbleGuard lets out his breath out by blowing. "I´ll wait until later to finish.... I mean to begin.... I mean whatever." BubbleGuard replies as he gets tired trying to explain himself.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Tailwind calm herself.
    "Alright... just be careful." And fly away.
    Flash Magnus's expression soften,looking after the lavendar maid.
    "What a mare.. such energy and vitality..." he chuckle.

"Why, yes I am. And you must be Tea Agony. Right? Starswirl has mentioned you more then once." He give a respectful bow, even if he looked exausted.
    He saluted to Bubble Guard.
    "And you must be Bubble Guard. It's honor to meet a warrior like you."

He nod. "Yes. So said also Stygian.. but..." he smile a bit with shame.
    "I might fight griffins and dragons to defend ponykind on regular, but I can't sleep without a good drink." The brave soldier admit.

He notice Lettersprite. "I don't think I recongnize YOU." He ponder.
    "Well. I apologize for the inconvience. Starswirl want us out of here before dawn."

Bubble Guard also remember, that Deepwood got the mission to follow the trio of beraucrats, both for their safety and catching if they are planning something sinister.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite sheepishly fidgets at Flash's gaze before waving a hoof and replying.
    "Ser Magnus! It is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance: the name's Lettersprite. I've met your friend Star Swirl previously working on the Treaty of Everfree, but all I know of you are the stories really: both those commonly told and those Star Swirl found appropriate to share.
    Lettersprite smiles warmly as he continues.
    "You seem to be a fine group of friends! As for why I'm here, well, apparently Star Swirl needed a legal consultant, and thought I could be of some assistance."

He looks to Bubble guard.
    "So... if you would like Mr. Bubble Guard, we could perhaps move to a separate chamber to allow you to tell me the dos and don'ts of this castle without disturbing your employer's rest?"
    He gestures to the snoring Star Swirl at the desk.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony goes to Magnus and does a slight bow of courtesy: " I'll make sure to tell Starswirl to treat his allies better. I feel like you all deserve to sleep in a good bed and eat a good meal at the castle once in a while. If Starswirl trust you, so am I ! "

She ask respectfully: " Please, let's wait at your room for that glass of milk. Lettersprite is right, we shouldnt stay in the hallway, it could disturb all the guests sleep."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-02-04 at 03:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Welcome to the castle!" BubbleGuard raises his hoof to salute the fellow soldier. "My name is BubbleGuard. The one in charge of everypony in the castle. I hope my staff has been treating you all well since your arrival."

"Of course. We can finish everything back into your room." Bubbleguard replies to the suggestion given by Lettersprite.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Flash Magnus chuckle. "Well, you are much nicer, if may I be honest.'
    Magnus say.
    "Starswirl is all secretive, quite dodgey when we ask anything about his private life. But sure. Let's to to me room.'

He lead the way, another door open and another weary pony get out.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzR3MNnV4AI0nfL.jpg

A lavender unicorn, looking eldery. Her curved horn and garb hinted at her homeland being the Cherry Blossom Empire.
    The staff newer then Lettersprite might understand this is none other then Mistmane.
    Her beauty and idealogy have redeemed Empress Sable Spirit and brought a great change to the empire.
    The Staff even have fought intentioanly or not, against the attempt to regress the empire back.
    "Magnus. Dear. Always so loud."
    "I apologize,Mistmane." Magnus say.
    "I couldn't sleep, I wanted something to drink,and one thing led to another.'

-"Nothing to apologize for. It is an excuse to meet the fabled staff of our wizard friend.'

------
    My previouse Avater