New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

With an agreemet on tow, the magic item is used to leave the mindscape and return back into the shade dimension. BubbleGuard suggests everypony to look into crystals around the area to look for clues after giving a brief explanation to how they work. The plan is for everypony to search a crystal and ook into its contents then return back with whatever info they gathered from it. After eveyone leaves, BubbleGuard and Charcoal Knight wait with the princesses (and the unconcious ex-staff members) as everypony gathers to search for a crystal.

After everypony returns, everyone begins giving an explanation of what they have found.

Harvest Moon starts "I found out about the first staff leader. It seems like he went crazy with power while trying to get rid of the shades. Hoofini learnt that magic wasnt enough to get rid of them. Pretty useless information if you ask me."

"After Hoofini came Surge Wind. He was constantly fooled by the shades and couldnt stop them in their tracks. It is quite difficult to know who is a shade and who is the real pony. Shades can be beaten to a pup. But they eventually come back so its not a fool proof solution." replies Tailwind.

"I found out about the third staff boss. Strong Hooves tried to ignore the shades completely hoping that not antagonizing them would bring forth good results. It didnt turn out well either. You cant reason with those things. Even worse, they possess power identical to the pony they mirror." Golden Hour replies.

"Well, that accounts for every founding staff member besides Sir Starswhirl." BubbleGuard replies. "And unfortunately, they all know live in the castle dungeon."

"My own info doesnt get that appealing. It just speaks about what happened when we all arrived together to be the first staff members. Such nice memories.... Starswhirl was really happy to have both of you here." Money Bags replies pointing at BubbleGuard and Charcoal Knight.

"Actually, he was pretty excited about having BubbleGuard be staff leader too with Charcoal Knight as assistant. He insisted on BubbleGuard to take the position after the third mistake. I dont get why he insisted so much on it. I didnt put much though on it when it happened but now that I see it again, it is a bit strange." Daily delivery replies.

Wood Chuck shares his info with movements My information was about the arrival of your group Deepwood. By this point, BubbleGuard had already changed on how acted. BubbleGuard acts as if trying to ignore about the last part.

"Speaking of BubbleGuard, mine was about the time when Starswhirl met BubbleGuard while trying to look a solution for the shades. He wondered if the D'Magic lineage might provide with a suitable solution for his issue. He couldnt get a solution but he decided to take BubbleGuard and Charcoal Knight. I can get why he took BubbleGuard under his wing due to his magical talent but why take Charcoal Knight? He has no magical talent at all." Sketch Book wonders out loud before apologizing to Charcoal for the implications.

"I know I am not a great caster. I suppose you re right about my situation. Sometimes I wonder about that myself." Charcoal admits.

"Maybe but we have more ressing matters. Starwhirl knew that you two where unstable and that eventually you too would vanish into nothing. I am so sorry for it." Night Shift replies.

"But the good news is that Starswhirl was sure that the shades had a weakness related to whetever curse started this. So, we arent at a complete loss." Sugar Rush replies

"I dont know. Its not much to into. And the fact that mine just spoke about the blind manticore and why he called him for his future visions. Its the unconscious one over there, right?" Cornucopia replies.

"Mine just said that Tea Agony was an important player in this whole situation. It was a big request from Starswhirl to BubbleGuard to protect her." Lettersprite replies confused as he directs the last question to Tea Agony. "So, do you know why Starswhirl wanted you safe?"

Deepwood´s vision was about Staswhirl´s plan for the future of Equestria and how important the two princesses were.

Spoiler: Sweet Echo Crystal Info
    Show

Harmony between staff members is key to saving the future of Equestria. At least that is what Starswhirl is being told from a vision from the manticore. If everypony in the staff acts as one, then the shades can be beaten. No violence is required to do the job.

Spoiler: Tea Agony´s crystal info
    Show

BubbleGuard and Charcoal Knight are two halves of the same pony. Originally cut in half in an attempt to prevent a low branch staff member from reaching the top by a member of his family. One kept the magical talent, the analytical mind and the other the physical ability and the passionate heart. Since they arent a complete entity, neither can develop a shade. Starwhirl wanted to see how shades would work with incomplete beings.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood join the conversation.
    ""Look, I only know what Ol' One has vision in the big picture- the two rascals taking charge over Equestria, with unity, they have the features of all big three tribes"

Sweet Echo flutter her wings.
    "Exactly! That it!"
    Sweet Echo smile.
    "Dont you see?"
    she gesture to everypony.
    "The manticore said so to Ol' One- I mean... Starswirl- if we act as one, we can beat them with no violence! We just need to be in harmony with each other!"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony... feel... weird.

She rub her head with telepathy as she watch Sweet Echo crustal memory herself to be sure. She look, defeated and shameful.

" I guess... I should apologize. Again. To all of you. I guess its no longer a real secret but... I was once a secret agent from the Unicorn country. Starswirl saved me, gave me a new job. I really, looked up upon him... then he left us. I always felt I'll be betrayed at some point and Starswirl leaving just... made me even more paranoid. I'm sorry, it's just hard for me to trust anypony. Even after living with all of you for so long, I still kept everypony at hoof lenght. Except for a few who slowly but surely entered my heart like rogues and saw things in me that... that well I guess was always there. It's hard to explain but after maintaining facades for so long, you are so afraid of being vulnerable. "

She breaks down crying, continue in telepathy: " I really thought that if I did my best, he would aknowledge me. That Starswirl... would make me his protege. Teach me everything he knew. He was like a father to me. I always saw Bubbles as a rival and I was wary of him because even if I couldn't find all the clues, I knew something was wrong with him, about the situation... and that secret made me paranoid. I knew it was there, I just didnt know what it was. And now that I know of it... I realize how futile I was. I was so focused on trying to be in control of the situation that... I let all of you down. Im not sure what I could have done differently but... that secret is both devastating and futile. It's riduculous."

She put the crystal showing the truth about Bubbles nature in front of Deepwood and Sweet Echo. Both as a sign of loyalty and because... she felt Sweet Echo was the one who needed to watch it directly the most.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood and Agony arent big on public displays of affection, but he simply hugged Tea Agony

"I understand. We understand. You jad it terrible
    "
    he say relativly softly.

Sweet Echo is bewildered.
    "Wh-what? Since when?" she is confused.
    "You dont remember it? So... are you two magic twins?" she trh to wrap her mind around it.
    "Bubbly?" she ask softly.
    "Are you ok?"

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard and Charcoal Knight look at each other. "Isuppose that would answer a few things. My tiny amount of raw magical energy. Why I also got a job. And even why I dont get to do anything as well as you when it comes to position." Charcoal replies trying to think logically rather than emotionally.

"So my last day, I get to at least realize a few things about myself. Thank you Miss Tea Agony. I appreciate not only that you decided to open to us but also because you decided to share what not even Sir Starwhirl would to me." BubbleGuard replies. "I understand if you feel different about me, Sweety. Especially if I am just half of what anypony else is."
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

It took a moment for Tea Agony to calm down. But at least she can communicate with telepathy: " Why shouldn't we told you?! I dont even understand the secrecy on such experiement! In the end... Starswirl simply didn't trust us completely. That's all there is to it. But now that we know this conformation, we can move foward. It seem they created those mirror in our world to bind us in the shadows... But YOU Bubble, Charcoal, never had any mirror created on the other side by them. It's only a theory but... maybe only by creating enough on the other side where they cable to cast more shadow to engulf the castle. "

The more she speak telepatically the more she calm down. Not focusing on her emotions and failures and returning to an problem solving state really helps to return in control of your emotions.

She start frowning: " I wonder what would happen if we could reverse the experiment of Starswirl and makes you whole again Bubbles. And I do think the mirrors must be a key or something toward solving this situation. Like a travel path we could maybe use... to go back to Equestria?"

(Should I roll magic theory or something?Biubbles could definitely help. Maybe even Luna!)

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo looked scared and confused
    "Last day?" she repeat.
    "Bubbly Doo.. I dont... understand.."
    She felt so... dummy.
    "....I dont know! I love you! But.... are you... you? Will you be ok?" she ask, quite inexprienced in those magical
    Sweet Echo take his foreleg and look into his eyes with her orange-golden honey eyes.
    "How can I help you?" she ask stuttering

Deepwood stand by Tea Agony's side. It hard to hear that about Starswirl

"What if... we just break the damn mirrors?" he ask.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: From the OOC thread
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-tw/edit#gid=0

Ok, I made this!

So I guess a Mind roll is... this?

[roll0] + 3 = 7

Do I need to reroll or add something?
    Its fine. We will add the +4 from harmony separately. For a total of 11

"I think you might be on the right track. When I was studying the mirrors, I realized they with hold an amazing amount of power. A power I dont think I have seen yet anywhere else. A power of bonds."Bubbleguard admits. When the plan about creating a merging spell appeared, BubbleGuard and Charcoal both decided to lend a hand. With their combined efforts in magic, they create the base of a spell to make the merge a possibility. They even guess that by using the mirrors of those with a specialized talent in magic, they can easily cast the spell.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Merge Spell DT 14
    Target Group +2
    Range Seen +2
    Duration Persistent +8
    Effect Combine +1
    Subject Body +1

Reduce the DT of spells by 1 for each mirror used.

BubbleGuard hugs Sweet Echo in a an effort to calm her down. "Dont worry. Whatever happens, I will always love you." BubbleGuard replies. "Could you hold the mirrors that Tea Agony gives you? We will need them to complete the spell."

"I am not sure if breaking the mirrors would help us. We need all the magic we can get." Charcoal Knight responds to Deepwood.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

"O-ok..." Sweet Echo say weakly and would obey the magiclt educated ponies.

Deepwood look concerned. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony revise with Bubbles the magic theory they know. It's... refreshing in a way. It's not something she had considered possible until now.

To Deepwood: " Put the mirrors of the staff in a circle, in a equal distance to each other. What I mean is the Staff members currently staying at the castle when the portal to this shadow world was opened. I believe it will gives us a better chance to connect toward the time and space in our world if we do it this way..."

As they work on it, they establish a formula that should be able to fuse those mirror together. Tea Agony guide the bubble magic of Bubbles around the mirrors and all the bubbles slowly but surely fuse together to amake a bigger bubbles, fusing the miror in a flash of light that grow stronger in the process...

(I'll let you Wolf show the results lol)

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

The top of the frame of teh new mirror grows big as it sprouts wings and a horn. The end result is a big mirror floating in the air with teh frame on the top resembling that of an alicorn. "Its impossible. This is.... alicorn magic! We have created a mirror that has the same power as an alicorn." BubbleGuard replies quite sure of himself. The mirror releases a rainbow light coming out from its reflection. "If this theory is right, we might be able to receive its power if we shower in the light from the mirror."

BubbleGuard steps into the rainbow light to test the theory and hopefully confirm its effects. A horn and wings sprout from BubbleGuard. BubbleGuard moves a bit shocked. "Fascinating! So this is how it feels like. At least it doesnt seem to have any painful effects. Its still kind of weird to have wings and a horn now. A bit strange even. So, this is the combined power of the staff. We could probably have a few of use change into alicorns but I am not sure whether this would be permanent change. And we have to be careful about this. So, what do you guys think? Anyone else wants to try?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    The top of the frame of teh new mirror grows big as it sprouts wings and a horn. The end result is a big mirror floating in the air with teh frame on the top resembling that of an alicorn. "Its impossible. This is.... alicorn magic! We have created a mirror that has the same power as an alicorn." BubbleGuard replies quite sure of himself. The mirror releases a rainbow light coming out from its reflection. "If this theory is right, we might be able to receive its power if we shower in the light from the mirror."

BubbleGuard steps into the rainbow light to test the theory and hopefully confirm its effects. A horn and wings sprout from BubbleGuard. BubbleGuard moves a bit shocked. "Fascinating! So this is how it feels like. At least it doesnt seem to have any painful effects. Its still kind of weird to have wings and a horn now. A bit strange even. So, this is the combined power of the staff. We could probably have a few of use change into alicorns but I am not sure whether this would be permanent change. And we have to be careful about this. So, what do you guys think? Anyone else wants to try?"
    Tea Agony is surprised by this... She ask Bubbles: " Humm, Bubbles, please, could you try to use your wings and Alicorn magic. New powers are nothing without control. "

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood is hesitante.
    "I am not sure how will this shmagic deal with us bat ponied and-"

Sweet Echo gasp. "Fangs and moonshine! You are so handsome!" And she jump to hug him
    "Let's be alicorns together!!!!"

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard smiles at Sweet Echo´s comment. "Yes, of course you can join me in this experience. I wouldnt have it any other way.". He then turns to fulfill Tea Agony´s request on the matter. He flaps his wings and manages to stay afloat for a bit without issue. Then he tries to cast a spell. It takes him a bit more effort but he manages to create bubbles. "Flying should be relatively easy, as long as we just use it for basic stuff. I think as long as we use magic that relates to us as individuals, casting should be easy."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony nods: " I'll right, I'll trust you." Secretly, the words itself feel so weird for her to say.

She step in the rainbow light, becoming an alicorn in the process. Happy with her new wings, she fly a bit and it seem easy enough.

" I must admit, I could get used to such feeling... Im quite sure I could use my telekenesis to improve my flight maneouvability if needed. If only I could keep such wonderful gift! It open up so many possibilities! And lets not forget we need to wake up Celestia... I wonder if now that we are alicorn, it would be easier to wake them up... Maybe with the rest of the Staff? We should get them here! "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-11-02 at 11:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo jump after Sweet Echo into the rainbow light.
    "Alicorn sisters!!!" she yell with energy

Deepwood is more reserved "Maybe I better stay normal- this shamgic stuff wierd me out,and maybe you would need a normal pony"

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Sweet Echo jump after Sweet Echo into the rainbow light.
    "Alicorn sisters!!!" she yell with energy

Deepwood is more reserved "Maybe I better stay normal- this shamgic stuff wierd me out,and maybe you would need a normal pony"
    Tea Agony hugs Sweet Echo back and turn to her husband: " It might be more effective if all current members of the Staff does the transformation, honey. Besides, there is nothing to be ashamed off. Our apparence seem to suit us no matter what we changed into thus far. If we needed a normal pony, I would suggest someone like Dairy, who didnt stay close to the castle most of the time. His magical anchor point wouldnt be very effective because of that."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-11-15 at 07:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood still look worried.
    "I am a bat pony, I might destory the magic.. somehow...
    I... dont know..." he look concerned.

He faced countless monsters and wierd magic occurances, but transforming was... wierd and scary.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Deepwood still look worried.
    "I am a bat pony, I might destory the magic.. somehow...
    I... dont know..." he look concerned.

He faced countless monsters and wierd magic occurances, but transforming was... wierd and scary.
    Tea Agony goes to her husband and put a reconforting hoof on his shoulder, while wispering in squirrel speak: " That excuse didn't sound believable at all dear. I assure you there is no pain involved and you have nothing to scared off. Nobody will judge you if you admit it's because you are scared but is it this scary to you to become like the rascals? Careful at your choice of words in front of Luna. "

(sorry for not playing fair Igor lol)

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

"We could use all the magic we can get. Lets all do this together.." BubbleGuard suggests hoping the rest will join in the transformation. Charcoal Knight steps forward as he transforms himself. "Wow, with this amount of power, I can probably create a portal to take us back. But first, anyone that wants to try this out, should be getting ready to do it." He the waits to see what the others wil do.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo get a horn after she is showered by the rainbow-
    A horn appear on her forehead- she get crossehed as she screech happily.
    "I have a thing! On my face!"
    The horn glow with orange magical aura in the color of her eyes.
    "Can I zap lasers?! if feel so much energetic! Come on Deepy!"

Deepwood with a heavy sigh of dread pass through the rainbow.
    Deepwood pant heavily.
    "This power... how.. to handle it!?"

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sweet Echo get a horn after she is showered by the rainbow-
    A horn appear on her forehead- she get crossehed as she screech happily.
    "I have a thing! On my face!"
    The horn glow with orange magical aura in the color of her eyes.
    "Can I zap lasers?! if feel so much energetic! Come on Deepy!"

Deepwood with a heavy sigh of dread pass through the rainbow.
    Deepwood pant heavily.
    "This power... how.. to handle it!?"
    Tea Agony gives some advice to her husband. " Breath in deeply, focus on calming your heart. Remember what I teached you about meditation."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

"So, what happens when we finally return? What is going to be the big plan?" Charcoal Knight replies. "Should we beat them to a pulp?" Charcoal concentrates for a moment and with a quick move of his sword, he cuts open a portal back to their own home, the castle.

"That wouldnt work. At least not permanently. What we need its to know their true weakness to put an end to this once and for all. " BubbleGuard replies as he looks at the others. "What do you all think?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood is focused on breathing, stare cross eyed at his horn.

Sweet Echo giggle as she try to levitate objects with her horn.
    "...They seems very... spiteful- maybe they just need the old batty hug!"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar point out: " No, now that we have all this magic, we should focus on waking up Celestia. "

Tea Agony: " I agree! "

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

"Should we try the magic item again? We could also try casting the spell. We could make a mass version of it." BubbleGuard thinks out loud about the suggestion for waking the others.

"We could also cast a new spell to wake everyone missing up. It shouldnt be hard to accomplish." Charcoal Knight adds.

Spoiler: Options
    Show

Spoiler: Option 1: Use the item to get inside Celestia´s mind
    Show

No DC required but you will only wake her up

Spoiler: Option 2: Mass spell version of the item in spell form
    Show

DC 18. Can be used to wake up the rest of the staff and Celestia

Spoiler: Option 3: Mass wake everypony
    Show

DC 22. Can be used to restore everyone even the non staff members

Spoiler: Option 4: Anything else that you might decide to do instead
    Show

I am open to other decisions and options

or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

"Let"s wake Celestia! Maybe she can help with the spell?"

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

"Let"s wake Celestia! Maybe she can help with the spell?"
    Tea Agony nod: " Another alicorn should make the spell easier. Beside, those among us need to be familiar with their new abilities before we try to help waking up the others as a group."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

With the combined alicorn power, casting this spell is an absolute breeze. Once inside, they appear just in front of what seems to be an outstandingly beautiful castle surrounded by flowers. There is a small sun set in place just above the largest tower. "So, Luna´s and Celestia differ in how their mind spaces are set. I suppose Princess Celestia´s more extroverted self would have a more open space in mind. Where should we begin the search?" Charcoal replies.

"If I had to guess, maybe the tallest tower from which the sun rests just above? We could fly up there with our new wings or go front door. What do you all think?" BubbleGuard asks the rest.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony doesnt hesiate: " Let's fly toward the top! Cmon Elusive, let's fly together!"

Her pet magical moth come out of her mane and try along Tea Agony with joy!