New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

Tea Agony gasp but quickly recover. She bows like she would for royalty: " It's an honor to meet you Madame Mistmane. If you need anything while you are here, just say the word! "

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard puts his hoof covering his mouth. He looks at the reaction from Tea Agony and wonders what could be the reason behind such enthusiasm. It was quite notorious to actually see her so energetic. "Miss Agony, are you feeling alright?" BubbleGuard moves and puts his hoof on Tea Agony´s head to check her temperature thinking she might have gotten sick.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony rise up and push Bubbles away: " I am fine. I just think Mistmane noble heart has more value then any royalty title she could have or gotten. It's not my fault if you cant recognize greatness when you see it."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite stands in the hallway and blinks as events rapidly unfold. He doesn't recognize this unicorn, but can see the reverence Tea Agony has for her. He waves awkwardly at Mistmane and gives a short bow.
    "Pleasure to meet you Ms. Mistmane. I take it you are a friend of Star Swirl's as well? Lettersprite's my name..."

At a genuine loss as to what should happen next, he waits for the more experienced staff to decide their course of action.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Mistmane shake her head.
    'Now, now. No need to argue. Beside.. I am thankful- I have heard you were of great aid to Sable Spirit, my dearest friend.' she bow her head.
    'Pleasure to meet you, Letter Of Sprite' she bow her head again.

Magnus lead to his room.
    -'Well...'

Anohter pony burst into the room-

'Ah! Magnus! Are you trying to hide a victory feast from ME?!'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard is surprised to meet the huge pony. He isnt sure about whom he is until he sees the shovel. That is the moment he makes the connection. "Excuse my boldness, but may you be that famous pony who saved a whole village with a single shovel?" BubbleGuard declares in admiration.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"No, Rockhoof. Just a glass of milk. For me. Somehow..." he gestured toward the group.
    "Aha! I knew I could trust you Magnus!" the huge pony say loudly, and turn his attention to Bubble Guard.
    "Why yes, it's me. Rockhoof" he confirm.
    "And you must be Bobby Goo? Right? The guard who never smile, and Starswirl make whole conspiracies just so-"

Mistmane put a hoof on Rockhoof.
    "Please... we just met him. And you have misprounced his name,I afraid'

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

"Its totally fine. I know my name is a bit hard to get right. " BubbeGuard shrugs off the situation. "I am also in charge of the protection around here. No harm will come to anypony while I am around." BubbleGuard declares proudly.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite's eyes glaze over a bit at the arrival of Rockhoof on the scene. Rockhoof, while not Trottish, is well known in Trottingham as an exemplar of earth pony heroism. Most of the mythological epics and poems taught in universities tend to focus on a pegasus or a unicorn, yet this pony seemed to have the right characteristics to capture the imaginations of contemporary writers.

Already seven ballads in Trottingham along had been written of Rockhoof's deeds, and many earth ponies look up to him as a model earth pony: strong, honest, honorable, and kind.

Well, Lettersprite liked to think he was two or three of those things, strong not being one of them, but didn't really see the point in comparing himself to the famous shovel user. He appreciated what Rockhoof had done, but was keenly aware that his example hadn't convinced the world that earth ponies could excel as intellectuals. A shame, that: earth ponies were rarely thought of as being stupid, but most other ponies just seemed to assume they were all farmers or craftsponies. It was silly, really: somepony has to organize the workers and write laws to protect them, no? And what about the times you need a better fertilizer? Better call an alchemist. Yet nopony ever remembered those things...

Lettersprite vigorously shook his head to clear his mind. There I go daydreaming again
    He then cleared his throat and waved at Rockhoof.
    "Lettersprite: charmed to make your acquaintance Mr. Rockhoof."

He then bent close to Bubble Guard's ear and whispered the following to him.
    "Is every evening here this... eventful? I'm curious is all."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony nods to Rockhoof: " A pleasure to meet you sir. Your tales speak for themselves. Do you need a refreshement as well, just like Sir Magnus? "

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

(sorry)
    'Yes! Please! Crushing dragon looking demon things all day, can make one pony thirsty you know, ma'am.' he nod to Agony.
    To Bubble Guard he chuckle. 'Aye! I can see that! The ol' unicorn has lot of faith in you! Aye!'
    After a tap from Mistmane he remember to adress Lettersprite.
    'Why, well the meet. Quite bookish for your kind, aren't you? Meadowbrook might like you!'

Mistmane smile with buddah calmess. 'So... is Sable Spirit alright? Is she happy?' she ask the staff members.

Sugar Rush appear with a tray with milk and cider glasses to everypony.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"By the way, has anyone heard a group of bureacrats? We are supposed to meet with them today?" BubbleGuard replies remembering the matter at hand and the main reason they were outside recruiting Letter to deal with the legal situation.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    "By the way, has anyone heard a group of bureacrats? We are supposed to meet with them today?" BubbleGuard replies remembering the matter at hand and the main reason they were outside recruiting Letter to deal with the legal situation.
    Tea Agony sigh: " I keep in touch with the royal librairians. Now her reign is going smootly and seem seem to recover. It had come at a step price however, one she is starting to recover from. But overral, yes, she will be fine and her subjects love her."

She nods toward Bubbles: " Indeed, those bureaucrats are coming tommorow morning."

She sigh, ears dropping sadly: " I really wish we could all drink, eat and talk about your adventures and have the time to socialize. But Starswirl seem to think nothing of value will comes to that and want you all to return to your big missions by tommorow. Its so sad..."

She take the cider, not the milk. She need the alchool.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite, still somewhat baffled by this encounter with ponies of such renown, nods with a distant look in his eye as Rockhoof speaks, though the mention of Meadowbrook stirs a memory.

"Meadowbrook? Would you happen to be speaking of the acclaimed alchemist and healer by that very name? Hmm, to be honest, I didn't know that you all knew each other. One might say you are a league of extraordinary gentleponies I suppose. But no matter, it would be nice to make her acquaintance at some point, though I'm afraid our specialties are somewhat different. Thank you ser Rockhoof: I wish you a peaceful evening's rest!"

Then Tea Agony mentions that the lawyers are coming tomorrow morning.
    "Wait, WHAT? They're coming tomorrow? Why the bloody Tartarus did nopony tell me they were coming so soon? Sorry, sorry: it's just that I'd been expecting to have some time to write up the initial documentation for getting the castle declared a safe house of the Equestrian Alliance. If they're arriving tomorrow, I'd best get writing! So, umm... is there a properly equipped study nearby?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony nods: " Alright, I'll bring you myself to our study in the library. Please follow me."

She levitate that glass of cider and drink it down the hatch before giviing back the empty glass to Sugar Rush with a " Thank you"

Sugar Rush is amazed by the compagny. She blush seeing sir Magnus and seem to casting him glances the whole time you guys were talking. She feel very little compared to all those ponies and was not saying a lot because of it.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    Then Tea Agony mentions that the lawyers are coming tomorrow morning.
    "Wait, WHAT? They're coming tomorrow? Why the bloody Tartarus did nopony tell me they were coming so soon? Sorry, sorry: it's just that I'd been expecting to have some time to write up the initial documentation for getting the castle declared a safe house of the Equestrian Alliance. If they're arriving tomorrow, I'd best get writing! So, umm... is there a properly equipped study nearby?"
    "I am sure you will be up for the task. Master Starswhirl has never made a mistake when choosing ponies for the jobs at hand." BubbleGuard replies with confidence and a smirk in his face. "Still, the tudio sounds like a great place to lay out the basic rules and asuch I should follow you there."

BubbleGuard turns his attention to the legendary ponies. "Its a great pleasure to have met all of you. I hope your stay at the castle is a nice and warm one."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Rockhoof. "Well. We didn't met each other until this little unicorn.. what his name...." he tapped his beard.

"Stygian." Mistmane reminded of the little unicorn's name.
    "Yeah. Sticky. Not the strongest, nor bravest,not even that smart... but his deep care for his village has united us."

Magnus smile to Sugar.
    "You are awfuly quite. Are you a dragon spy?" He tease.

Mistmane bow her head respectfully to Bubble.
    "The honor is mutual"
    ---

Corncupia at such hours actually work in the library-fixing books and putting them in place. "Hrrm? Such commotion in such hour?"

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar look at him with a disappointed expression: " I know you made your reputation in facing dragons Mister Magnus but under this roof, would you mind considering every races as equal and not an enemy? Master Starswirl accepted a lot of special creatures here, including a half-dragon. Hearing some accusation would really hurt her..."

As for Cornucopia, Tea Agony has no patience whatsover: " Its an emergency. We need access to the study or we are all out of jobs and its late, I might be intoxicated and we can discuss everything in the morning but for now, we are going to the study. We will need papers, quills, ink and I'll go fetch a huge pot of coffee for Master Lettersprite here if he feel the need to have some. "

On that, she guide Lettersprite to the study and make sure its confortable and ask him what books does he need and whatever ese he might need before she leave him to his work...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-02-19 at 12:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

"But wait! Before you begin, I want to finally give you a quick rundown on the Golden rules of the castle:

1. Nopony is allowed to use magic while inside spell components room. It gets explody very easily.
    1.a No kissing or hugging BubbleGuard in such or any magically stuffed rooms.
    1.b Bat ponies are especially forbidden from doing this.
    2. Anypony who wants to check the spell books in the library needs special permission from Mr. Cornucopia.
    3. Entrance is forbidden into either Starswhirl or the princesses´s rooms without permission. The same applies to the three artifact rooms.
    4. The princesses have a really strict schedule so don't do anything that might disturb this.
    5. No running on hallways or stairs, dashing in the kitchen is perfectly fine and Miss Tailwind is exempt of this rule.
    6. There is an infirmary, go there anytime at any hour if you feel bad or are injured. Golden Hour would attend you there.
    7. Follow the schedule of your activities and always use the proper attire and/or equipment.
    7.a Apples are not formal attire, no matter how much Night Shift tells you otherwise.
    7.b Ask a friend for help. We are all in this together.
    8. Anypony is allowed to come to BubbleGuard´s room at any point in the night for assistance or snacks.
    9. Always work in harmony with everypony.
    10. In case of invasion, follow instructions given by Deepwood. Especially if it involves parasprites.
    And finally the extremely MOST important rule of them all. I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER AND ABIDE TO THIS RULE THE MOST SINCE ITS OF VITAL IMPORTANCE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. NO SNACKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! Not a single one. NO EXCEPTIONS! NO SNACKS! EVER! FOR NOPONY IN THE CASTLE!

And since you are joining the castle, I want to make one thing very clear. As soon as you become a member of the staff, you become one of my responsibilities and your protection falls under my work. Do your part in making my job easier.
    " BubbleGuard replies out loud. "There are techincally more rules but follow these ones and we wont have any problems."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite gives Sugar Rush a polite nod and takes a glass of milk. He then downs it in one go, puts the glass back on the tray, and moves to follow Tea and Bubble to the study.
    "My thanks Ms... I'm afraid I didn't catch your name? Ah! Sorry: I must get to work on this proposal for the lawyers tomorrow! Have a fine evening! Perhaps we can speak tomorrow!"

And with that, Lettersprite gives the assembled legends a respectful nod and raises an eyebrow at Bubble Guard's talk of laying down the rules.
    "Very well Mr. Guard. I will endeavor to listen attentively."

When they arrive, Lettersprite nods to Cornucopia and offers a hoofshake.
    "My apologies: the matter truly is urgent. My name is Lettersprite; I've been hired as a legal consultant, and I need to draft a document. Your name is?..."

But before he can exchange further pleasantries, Bubble Guard gives him the promised rules run down. Lettersprite listens closely, though he grows increasingly confused by the odd specificity of the rules listed.
    "...Ok, I think I understand everything except 7a and 10, though I don't expect to have difficulty following them. Ahem, might I ask why snacks are prohibited in the evening? Also, does tea count as a snack? That seems oddly... specific. Ah! But that's not important at the moment: I must get writing!"

Once a pen and paper are available, Lettersprite sits down and begins drafting the castle's charter as a safe house of the Equestrian Alliance and will work for as long as necessary to complete a final draft.
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    I figured I should roll Law here.
    Law - (4d6b2)[3]+2Advantages+4

If this counts as ensuring just legal conduct, then my Special Purpose negates drawbacks. I get my advantages from Job proficiency: Lawyer.

Edit: Ok, so that roll was a 9 total with advantages... Wow, I rolled a 3 after rolling 4d6 and taking the highest ^^;
    According to the manual, this is a success if the task is simple. It is nearly an average success... Drat.
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-02-20 at 10:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    But before he can exchange further pleasantries, Bubble Guard gives him the promised rules run down. Lettersprite listens closely, though he grows increasingly confused by the odd specificity of the rules listed.
    "...Ok, I think I understand everything except 7a and 10, though I don't expect to have difficulty following them. Ahem, might I ask why snacks are prohibited in the evening? Also, does tea count as a snack? That seems oddly... specific. Ah! But that's not important at the moment: I must get writing!"
    "I plan to revision and include all fruits preemptively at some point. And rule 10 is there because we have been invaded before. Sometimes not even at our castle." BubbleGuard wonders if he might be making it even more confusing though he i just fine as long as he follows them. He does make a correction about the last rule. "Technically, you can come to my roon if you want to eat any kind of snacks safely. Or bring your own and eat them at Tea Agony´s room. But beside those two options, I cant guarantee your safety on the castle if you fail to fulfill the rule. Its only food though, you might drink whatever you want without issue. Also, dont try to be a smartass like Mr Highnote, the ex music teacher and think you can cheat the rule by eating healthy food. The tragedy involving those carrot stick will not be soon forgotten." BubbleGuard then stops and gives a minute of silence for Highnote.

BubbleGuard considers that he might be scaring Lettersprite and adds quickly with a nervous smile. "Mr Highnote is fine. He just decided to leave the job after the awful experience. They always leave..... Anyway, we have Open Book covering the job in the meantime." BubbleGuard laughs as if he was in a casual conversation taking about something funny.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Flash Magnus's Room

Flash Magnus's eyes widen in terror for a moment.
    "Half dragons exist? And they walk among us?!"
    He gasp. "I must report to General Ironhead about this!" And then be stop and laugh.
    'Hahaha. Fair enough, fair lady, you got me scsred there for a moment"

Mistmane smile calmly 'I don't think she is laughing, Magnus dear.'

-----
    Library

Corncucapia grunt as herd of ponies charged into his teritorry.
    "I guess it is time for me to sleep,here the papers, quill and evenrything you need. Please don't trash the library too much."

"Eeee. You wrote this rule for me?' Echo a sweet voice and from the ceiling a shilloute with yellow slitted eyes,pounce Bubble Guard and kiss him upside down, then spin down and land.

A blue batpony, freckles cover her face and dark orange mane, and hop earring decorate her left ear.
    Her flank was bare... she might be the oldest blank flank that Lettersprite has ever seen.
    "You see newbie? A whole rule! Written for me!' She squealed, this one had quite the energy.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar is very disappointed in his reaction. It really hurt, she's really annoyed too.

Sugar sigh and her voice is one of controlled irritation: " No, I am not laughing. I was expecting more from you Mister Magnus. The world is changing and we stopped being mean to other type of ponies, why wouldn't other species or special ponies shouldn't be given the same empathy and understanding? After all, Im not blaming every pegasis because of Cloudsdale special "boiler room" so why..."

Sugar gasp, realizing she spelled out something she shouldn't have said... Her ears drop but her expression is a strange mix of frustration, anger, sadness and anxiety... She takes a deep breath and goes in the nearest open door and put the tray of glasses in her hoof to put then on a counter. She rubs her eyes once her hooves are free as her eyes were getting a bit moist.

=====

Tea Agony point out: " With the baby, Im no longer allowing ponies in my room after midnight. My family needs its sleep. Having a nice night time Echo dear? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-02-26 at 07:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Flash Magnus's Room

Flash Magnus's eyes widen in terror for a moment.
    "Half dragons exist? And they walk among us?!"
    He gasp. "I must report to General Ironhead about this!" And then be stop and laugh.
    'Hahaha. Fair enough, fair lady, you got me scsred there for a moment"

Mistmane smile calmly 'I don't think she is laughing, Magnus dear.'

-----
    Library

Corncucapia grunt as herd of ponies charged into his teritorry.
    "I guess it is time for me to sleep,here the papers, quill and evenrything you need. Please don't trash the library too much."

"Eeee. You wrote this rule for me?' Echo a sweet voice and from the ceiling a shilloute with yellow slitted eyes,pounce Bubble Guard and kiss him upside down, then spin down and land.

A blue batpony, freckles cover her face and dark orange mane, and hop earring decorate her left ear.
    Her flank was bare... she might be the oldest blank flank that Lettersprite has ever seen.
    "You see newbie? A whole rule! Written for me!' She squealed, this one had quite the energy.
    "Ahh, Lady Echo! the moon of nights, the sun of my days. Its a pleasure meeting you here." BubbleGuard replies with a gentle bow. BubbleGuard shows forth a more calm and sincere smileashe speaks to her. "How have you been doing? I hope you havent been causing any trouble?" BubbleGuard jokes.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite pauses for a moment after Bubble Guard finishes speaking and then clears his throat.
    "My apologies Mr. Guard: I had been under the impression that the snacks clause was under rule 10. Rule 10 makes sense then, but why exactly are snacks banned at nigh-"

Then the blue bat pony literally drops into his life and he can do little but stand in stunned silence at this unexpected arrival. Lettersprite had heard of bat ponies, but he'd never seen one before, and he hadn't expected to meet one tonight. She's rather... lively, isn't she... Eventually, he regains his footing and offers this new pony a hoofshake.
    "Yes, I am a newbie... You may call me Lettersprite: it is a pleasure to meet you, Ms?..."

Then Bubble Guard greets her by her name and he commits it to memory. Echo... I suppose it's an appropriate name.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Flash Magnus frown.
    "Excuse me ma'am. Are you implying I am suprmacist of sort? To let you know, against clear orders I have saved a griffin village and convinced the higher ups to solve our issues with them with diplomacy. Sorry if I am not thrilled by beasts who have burnt and gobbled my comrades. And I am too tired to deal with conspiracy theories. I think I'll go back to sleep. Thank for the drink." And with that, he crawl into bed closing his eyes, and like any soldier, can fall asleep just like that.
    There is an akward silence for a moment.
    --------

Sweet Echo nod. "Yes, sis!" She nod to Tea Agony "I just has gotten back. For some reason, in the Cherry Blossom Empire they are sure, Mistmane will be here this night,and asked of me to bring her a letter." She chuckle.

To Bubbly Guard she add another nuzzle.
    "Nope! Well. Sort of. There are a small camp at the edge of the forest, with trio of stuffy old ponies. I made scary noises. It was funny. Deepwood was angry." She giggled.

The bat pony ignore the hoofshake and jump and hug Lettersprite.
    "And I am Sweet Echo! A mail pony, Deepwood's sister, Tea Agony's sister in law, fresh auntie, the oldest blank flank akive aaand most importantly!" She fly back to Bubble Guard.
    "Marefriend of Bubbly Doo!"

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Letersprite's eyes bug out and he stiffens at the sudden hug. He calms down after a moment, but is still a tad uncomfortable in Echo's vice grip of a hug.
    "I see... gasp Ms. Echo... wheeze Charmed I'm sure, but I'm afraid I'm having trouble... gasp breathing!

He lets out a sigh of relief when she releases him to nuzzle Bubble Guard some more. He grins weakly at the two of them.
    "I see. Well, I'll look forward to working with you Ms. Echo. Ah, but I should probably start writing... Hmm, a bunch of stuffy old ponies. You don't reckon they were the lawyers do you? Hmm, interesting."

And if nopony interrupts, he will begin drafting the document declaring the mansion a safe zone of the Equestrian Alliance.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

"Eeh. I am sure they are fine." BubbleGuard declares not worried about those ponies. "I just hope DailyDelivery is doing just as fine."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar sigh but doesn't say anything to Magnus. She close his door for him to sleep in peace.

She nods to the rest of the guests: " Im sorry you had to see this. My family suffered a lot because of Cloudsdale... and its military regime. Rest assure that it will not affect the quality of he food I'll be making or my politeness to you all. Im... sorry you even had to see this."

Sugar look like she messed up, big time. She clearly feel guilty and it shows...

========

Tea Agoy clear her throat to everypony: " Please, let's Letersprite here work. I will bring you coffee if you want, a rare delicacy that is provided here in this castle. Everypony else, let Letterspirte alone in this study."

She push, gently, the ponies toward the study exit.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite shrugs in half hearted agreement with Bubble Guard on the subject of the lawyers.
    "I suppose an evening in the woods under the watchful eye of this Deepwood fellow you mentioned shouldn't leave them in a terrible spot, though I can't say I've heard of Ser or Madam Delivery? Are they a friend? A mailpony perhaps?"

Then Tea Agony begins clearing the room and Lettersprite nods to her in thanks and trots over to the desk. His ears twitch at the mention of coffee.
    "My thanks Ms. Agony, I shall get to work promptly then. As for the coffee, I would rather like to try it if it isn't too much of a bother: it's a mite hard to come by in Trottingham. Our trade relations with Saddle Arabia are, well, nigh nonexistent: the distance is too great by land and often perilous by sea. Only the most experienced sailors make the voyage, and by your words, I take it that it is similarly difficult to find near... actually, where are we geographically speaking? Ah, my apologies: I am getting distracted again. Now then: a draft."

And with that, Lettersprite will begin writing. When the coffee arrives, he takes his first sip black, and finds it unpalatable, his second sip with sugar, and finds it pleasant yet inferior to tea, and then his third sip after adding milk and rather enjoys it that way. He will have to consider it as an occasional substitute for tea on the proper occasions. Perhaps celebrations of some sort given it's rarity.

In the morning, he is tired and jittery, but awake. The sooner he sleeps, the better though.