New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

Lettersprite sighs in relief as the tension drains from the atmosphere, and then pauses when the mare in the red uniform reveals they had a reservation. He raises an eyebrow at Tea Agony, but shrugs and canters down the staircase, thanking the guards one last time for their patience before going.

Lettersprite is distracted by the sights inside the hotel when the pig comes barging by, nearly tripping him as it does. He reacts with bewilderment, but nods in understanding when he sees it is apparently a pet. He is somewhat surprised by the hotel staff's reaction to the idea of playing with the colt, however.
    He approaches one of the staff members, coughing politely to get their attention, before speaking.
    "My apologies Madam, but might I inquire as to the identify of the colt who just passed through? He seems important to you at the very least, and I am wondering how best to conduct myself around him if he is nobility or something of the like. Ah! But where are my manners: my name is Lettersprite: a pleasure to meet you, Ms???"

Lettersprite sees the rush to the pool and is suddenly glad he brought his swimsuit when they mention it will be heated. I haven't had the luxury of a nice warm soak these past couple days: I would be a foal to turn down such a blessing from the skies.
    He turns to Bubble Guard to interject before turning back to the hotel staff member he was speaking with.
    "Ah! Mr. Bubble Guard: I will likely be joining you above in a moment."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard nods in agreement agreeing to the company. After all this time, he had learnt to trust the rest of the staff when it came to heavy duties even those mainly involving his own job. "Thanks. I appreciate the company. Lets do our best to keep things safe....." BubbleGuard remembers to try and be nicer as requested by his Sweetheart and adds. "... and have some fun together."
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo screached happily in aproval of Bubble Guard
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    Lettersprite sighs in relief as the tension drains from the atmosphere, and then pauses when the mare in the red uniform reveals they had a reservation. He raises an eyebrow at Tea Agony, but shrugs and canters down the staircase, thanking the guards one last time for their patience before going.

Lettersprite is distracted by the sights inside the hotel when the pig comes barging by, nearly tripping him as it does. He reacts with bewilderment, but nods in understanding when he sees it is apparently a pet. He is somewhat surprised by the hotel staff's reaction to the idea of playing with the colt, however.
    He approaches one of the staff members, coughing politely to get their attention, before speaking.
    "My apologies Madam, but might I inquire as to the identify of the colt who just passed through? He seems important to you at the very least, and I am wondering how best to conduct myself around him if he is nobility or something of the like. Ah! But where are my manners: my name is Lettersprite: a pleasure to meet you, Ms???"

Lettersprite sees the rush to the pool and is suddenly glad he brought his swimsuit when they mention it will be heated. I haven't had the luxury of a nice warm soak these past couple days: I would be a foal to turn down such a blessing from the skies.
    He turns to Bubble Guard to interject before turning back to the hotel staff member he was speaking with.
    "Ah! Mr. Bubble Guard: I will likely be joining you above in a moment."
    The receptionnist clerk tone become cold and strict: " If you really are a lawyer, I'll consider this a temporary as a brain fart from your part. Let me remind you that the hotel's clients have the right for their privacy unless asked by a police officer for investigation purpose. If I were to disclose such information, I would be guilty of a breach of conduct. "

As you reach the elevator and the door close, she sigh of relief as the security ponies remain on their floor behind. She wait a moment before saying: " Sorry about my tone earlier. With so many ears that could hear us, I needed to be firm with you. The suite floor is especially tricky. They pay a lot of bits for their confort and privacy. You have no idea of what I have seeing within those walls over the years... All ponies doing my job have juicy stories to tell. Some even made the news..."

(If you want her to talk, I suggest a Mind roll. Not a Heart roll. That is the hint I'll be giving you.)

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite blinks twice at the sudden hostility from the receptionist before nodding and beginning to canter over to the elevator.
    "My apologies: I was unaware it was something so sensitive. Good day..."

He fears the worst when the receptionist follows him into the elevator but is relived when she apologizes and explains the situation.
    "I see, there is no need for apologies then: this is clearly a much more difficult situation that I had initially intuited. Most hotels I've stayed in have housed less... controversial guests. My condolences for all the unfortunate events you must have witnessed..."

Lettersprite pauses for a moment, turning over the receptionist's words in his head. Some of these guests made the news did they... I wonder if any of this made it to the courts. Lets see if any of this strikes a bell.
    And he will review his memory of legal cases that made the news involving those staying at this hotel.
    (4d6b2)[10] 2 advantages (increase die roll by 2 up to 12 max) +5
    Edit: This looks like a 17 to me.

After an awkward silence, Lettersprite realizes he has neglected his new friend here again and clears his throat.
    "My apologies: my mind was wandering. I have introduced myself, but might I know your name? I expect we may be seeing each other fairly often for the next few days. Fear not: I will endeavor to tread carefully and avoid making reckless inquiries in the future."
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-05-07 at 10:58 PM.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

« Oh my apologies! My name is Rose Ink. It’s a pleasure to meet you all. And as long you understand, it’s fine. Feel free to come at the reception desk if you need anything. »

Lettersprite suddenly realize his earlier comment really was said too impulsively. Because of their privacy policy, hotel are often used for less savory practice. He suddenly remember a story about hotel involving the mysterious death of a Pegasus stallion. No infractions, no magic detected and most bizarre of all, no cutie mark or anybody who knew this pony. He used a fake name and it was impossible to track where he came from or who was he really.

It wasn’t in THIS hotel however... but he suddenly remember another story of a eccentric earth pony alchemist who had being without a place to stay that wanted to finish his experimentation and came here, secretly bringing equipment involving alchemy and grimoires. His room exploded, his body nowhere to be found and injured several other guests in the process. Rumored to be from... wait... the D’Magic family?!

He remember that the D’Magic family are rumored to be a cursed bloodline of earth pony. Nefarious to the extreme and dangerous to be around.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-08 at 12:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite's expression grows grim for a moment as he recalls those headlines and investigations. That's right: I'd forgotten hotels were a magnet for strange happenings... Let us hope nothing untoward comes of our stay. D'Magic... I feel like I've heard that name recently... I'll ask Ser Bubble Guard if one such pony is employed among the Staff when I see him.

Lettersprite offers a hoofshake to Rose Ink.
    "No worries, no worries at all: in retrospect, I really did put you in a difficult situation in the lobby. Again, my apologies for that: most of the time I stay at a hotel it is by necessity and only for a single night, so my understanding of the culture is not as well ingrained as it could be. Nonetheless, I will endeavor to remain mindful of what I intend to say. I will be sure to take you up on your offer Ms. Ink should I have any questions!"

Otherwise, Lettersprite will wait for the elevator to reach the top floor before wishing Rose Ink a fine day and moving to join the ponies at the pool.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

After giving you your keys, Tea Agony bring you... to the floor right below the suite floor. Its a long and boring way to start the trip and the Princesses are restless.

By the time you get your rooms and unpack, its soon the time to go to the pool at its opening. You can chat before you go there as you change and unpack or I can skip to the pool scene.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-10 at 11:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard decides to accompany the princesses at the pool. "Lets have a good time by the pool but remember ladies, we need to respect the rules of use at the pool and the safety indications made for the staff." BubbleGuard replies.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite goes to his room and fishes out his swimsuit from his trunk. He takes a look at it and signs dejectedly. Anypony observing can see why: it's not exactly ugly, but it is old fashioned...
    It is a slightly faded white and blue striped one piece suit. Next to it in the trunk is a pair of bulky goggles whose lenses make the wearer's eyes look to be about twice their actual size.
    Well at least using father's old suit saved a few bits... though it's cost may have been paid in the currency of my self respect.

Lettersprite takes a deep breath and finds a private place to put on the suit, looking like something out of an old portrait when he exits. On the way to the pool, he notices Bubble Guard making his way there too. Well, I did have a question for him.
    Lettersprite approaches Bubble Guard, and clears his throat, noticing the Princesses are there too and deflating a bit when he remembers his current attire.
    "Ahem, Mr. Guard, I have a brief query for you on our way to the pool if you don't mind. I believe there is a member of The Staff from the DaMagic family? I'm afraid I have forgotten who: I have been... otherwise occupied these past days. Ah, but to clarify, I only ask because I believe I may have some... unfortunate news for them. If I recall correctly, a tragedy befell one of their relatives here at this very hotel in the past... I had forgotten that hotels in Trottingham are often the sites of unusual and hazardous happenings... This was one such incident."

He pauses for a moment before sheepishly speaking again.
    "If they are not with us, we may wish to pass this news along..."
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-05-13 at 07:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

When you arrive to the pool, some ponies were already there, waiting for it to open. All rich ponies from what it seem. Latest fashion, laughing and looking at your group at first by rolling their eyes and then ignoring you lot.

However, as the lifeguard unicorn open the gate after heating up the pool, a few other ponies join you guys... Including the young pony from before and ... with his pig pet?

His pig pet is now wearing a swimming suit... that looks a lot like Lettersprite suit. Old style but its surprisingly adorable on him.

The young foal look glad to see Celestia and Luna, wave at them : "H-hey! Hi! You're the girls from before! Im Decorum, nice to meet you! "

Celestia and Luna seem excited to talk to him but as you do...

Somepony who was with him look a you with a strange look... Its an Earth Pony too but his gaze is sharp and calculating.

Further away, some rich ponies seem to be talking to the lifeguard in a hush tone...

=========

What is the equivalent of an "Insight" or "perception" roll again? Its mind right?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-13 at 10:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard gets immediately tense the moment he hears his family name being mentioned. BubbleGuard swallows hard before he answers. "Umm.... there is. In fact, three members of the staff are from that family tree." BubbleGuard replies but calms down after he hears the reasons. "Nonsense. I dont believe in ghosts."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

(2d6+3)[12]
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Before pool

Lettersprite nods solemnly when Bubble Guard says there are three members of the DaMagic family among The Staff.
    "I see... well then: it seems we have three ponies to console. It truly is a shame... I have heard ponies speak of the fearsome reputation of the DaMagics, but it seems inequine to render them pariahs, especially when it comes to matters of death. Alas, something every family must deal with..."

He pauses momentarily, looking into the distance for a moment, before turning back to Bubble Guard.
    "I regret to say that the stallion's name escapes me, but I will endeavor to relearn it so that the bereaved are properly informed. He was an alchemist: this much I know. But enough of such grim matters: we have a pool to soak in and foals to entertain!"
    With that, Lettersprite winks in the Princesses' direction and makes his way to the pool.

At the pool

Oh dear... there are a lot of ponies at the pool today.
    Lettersprite freezes up for a moment before gathering himself and cantering towards a less crowded area of the pool.
    I've already put on the suit: I'd be a foal to turn back now... it's not the biggest crowd: I can manage.

He carefully enters the water, appreciating the warmth, before lying in the pool such that his ears are underwater to block out the noise of the other ponies. Nonetheless, he hears muted snippets of conversation drift by. Of particular interest is the Princesses' introduction to the young colt with the pig: this "Decorum" fellow. He seems friendly enough...

But Lettersprite can't shake the feeling that he's heard that name before...
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    insight - (2d6+2)[5]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo is more preparing herself to get a swimming cutie mark, rather then hotel ans family dramas!
    She go with Celestia and Luna try to hype them.
    "Wouldn"t be cool if we all gotten our cutie marks on the same time, and had matching cutie marks?!"

She clap happily.
    "Let's do a race! On a 3! 1, 2annnnd 3!' she jump into the water, propelling her wings

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Bubbles notice as he says he doesn't believe in ghost that the Earth pony who was with Decorum eye flinch as he overheard about the D'magic point Lettersprite mentionned. He suddenly look at Decorum and the Princess worringly.

In fact, you only notice now that a lot of ponies were judging you guys from the moment you arrived.

Even the ponies talking to the lifeguard are mumbling something about " I thought you said nopony used the pool in the morning, that it was the best time to socialize! "

The lifeguard look apologetic but only Bubbles can see how annoyed he is. He seem almost relief to see Sweet Echo running and jumping in the pool, ending his little meeting with the snob ponies, yelling and going to Sweet Echo side of the pool: " HEY! MISSY! NO RUNNING AROUND THE POOL AND IF YOU WANT TO JUMP, GO TO THE DEEP SIDE OF THE POOL, ON THAT PLANK RIGHT THERE!" and he point the other side of the pool.

Bubbles rolled so high that he notice the snob ponies around the pool are carrying flask to drink from... The kind of metallic flash who ponies use to carry alchoolic drinks. Which SHOULD be against the rules of the pool! One of them, an Unicorn mare, have move her chair closer to the border of the pool into the sun instead of remaining of the shadow of the fence around the pool.

Decorum and the Princesses seem to really be into their conversation and Decorum suggest to play with balls in the water. They realize that Truffle also know a few tricks! He can run atop a ballon in the water and he seem to enjoy the laugh and the attention eh is getting. Swim very well too for a pig. Sweet Echo is invited to the shaningans since she seem so lively and willing to play with them.

Sugar on the other hoof is talking to her father, distracted by that. Seem like Golden Hour felt near the pool and she was worried about him. He seem fine, he just say he will rest in the long chair and that it will be better in a few minutes.

=======

However, Bubbles rolled so high that he notice something else... The foal and fillies re playing a game where they have to push the ball in the water and the other have to try to catch it... but It seem the Princesses are sneakily using their magic on the ballon to make it have twist and turns. Its harmless and only basic telekenesis... and they are doing it underwater... Nopony seem to have noticed at all but Bubbles did.

Suddenly, before Bubbles can decide what to do with the situatio, the ball goes out of the pool and hit Lettersprite on the chest! It was so sudden that he fall on one of the chair, unharmed. The pig, Truffle, actually flew with the ball and land on Lettersprite laps.

Decorum swim near the near of the pool, looking apologetic: " Are you alright mister? "

The princesses are laughing and saying: " He was just spooked, that's all. Right Mister Lettersprite? "

Luna whisper something about the matching swimming suits of Lettersprite and Truffle and how both Lettersprite and Truffle look cute together like this to Celestia. She wanted to be subtle but Lettersprite and Bubbles could hear it.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-19 at 11:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard is a bit annoyed at first when there are stared at for simply being there. BubbleGuard mutters to himself though trying to avoid any unnecessary conflict. Still, his anger grows when he sees the amount of violations to the rules at the pool especially considering the snooby attitude of the other guests. BubbleGuard was about to face the lifeguard when he notices the situation with the princesses. The whole thing would have to wait since their situation was potentially compromised. "Oh my! Little ones, what are you doing? Have you forgotten our rules when going out? Especially near a body of water." BubbleGuard replies trying to remind the fillies about proper behavoir at the pool.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo simply enjoyed herself- swimming was like flying but.. opposite!

Splashing, swirling water out of her mouth like a fountain. Sje The disguised bat pony swam to the edge of the pool. Her eyes widened, and as her pupils looked rounded looked even more innocent- if usually she was like a kitty, her expression was like of a puppy.

"Rules? We were just playing Bubbly Doo! Why don't you join us?" flipping her wet mane from her eyes.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite furrows his brow at the stares they are getting, but sighs and looks away. Ponies from the so-called "upper crust" I take it: skies above they can be a nuisance... Best not to antagonize them though.

Any further thoughts he may have had are, however, interrupted by the sudden, and surprisingly forceful impact of the beach ball on his stomach as well as the surprise arrival of the pig. The wind is knocked out of him for a moment, during which the Pricnesses' comment on his swimsuit reaches his ears. At first, he flushes in frustration, but his expressions softens a moment later. They're foals: they didn't say it to be cruel.

Lettersprite looks down at young Decorum and nods in the affirmative to his question.
    "Yes, I am thankfully unharmed: thank you for your concern. That was most kind of you! Ah, but where are my manners, my name is Lettersprite: a pleasure to make your acquaintance young Mr... Decorum? If I overheard correctly?"
    He smiles at the colt before turning to the Princesses with a raised eyebrow when they imply that it was the pig that launched the ball.
    "Well... I cannot be exactly sure of what happened, though ballistic beach balls are not uncommon in a pool. As for the good little pig here, I must say he was... surprisingly aerodynamic, though stranger things happen. The laws of Ser Issac Neighton are not the laws I studied."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum: " That is my name yes. And I wouldn't know mister, Im just a foal. " he look a bit sheepish saying so.

The pig seem happy on Letterspirte laps, making puppy eyes and sqeaking softly, taking Lettersprite towel corner into his mouth and looking at Lettersprite expentingly.

Decorum chuckle softly: " Mister Lettersprite, I think my little Truffle likes you and want to be pet by him. I would be grateful if you could dry him up and take care of him while me and my newest friends play together? Would that be inconvinent for you? "

Since none of you rose an issue about the upper class ponies complaining or even balantly breaking them, they ignore your group soon enough and and 2 hours goes by before the foals have enough playing and are much more relaxed then before.

During those two hours, Sugar and Golden Hour eventually joined them and the atmosphere at the pool was very lively. The earth pony who seemed to be relief it was pegasus joining in the pool but he kept a close eyes on the group this whole time.

Once the ponies are getting out of the pool, that black earth pony goes to Decorum, handling him a towel. Decorum smile and nods at him: " Thank you."

He goes to Lettersprite and see his pig his happily sleeping on Lettersprite laps. Decorum laugh softly and take his pig back. " Thank you again mister Lettersprite. Bastion, please, would you mind rewarding this pony for me? "

Bastion nods and from his melon hat get a small bag of bits to give to Lettersprite.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-22 at 06:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard tries to stay closer to the Princesses to hopefully prevent any further dangerous play. He doesnt mind what the rest are doing for the moment though he hopes they are enjoying themselves. "Little ones, I hopeyou are still having fun but in a more safe manner." BubbleGuard replies trying to remind the girls of the proper way of interacting on the pool.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry it took me so long to write this! I'm settling into a summer schedule and it's being a bit weird.

Lettersprite chuckles jovially at Decorum's apparent concern about being a foal.
    "Aha, well I am by some definitions a grown stallion, yet my circumstances are often beyond my full comprehension. Have it on good faith from a humble student of law that age does not necessarily make a pony wise, nor youth a pony foalish. But I digress: it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance young Mr. Decorum!"

When he is asked to look after little Truffle, Lettersprite raises an eyebrow, but sighs and smiles at the colt and his pet.
    "Well, I suppose I've little better to do, and your friend Mr. Truffle seems amiable enough: we have an accord! In addition, Truffle and I seem to have coordinated our style of dress, though you have frugality and my father to thank for that, albeit indirectly. Suffice it to say that he had little need of his old swimsuit so far away from the coast."
    He looks over to the Princesses and sighs, shaking his head.
    "Enjoy your time playing with my young charges over there. Be wary: they can be quite the handful."

And with that, he will keep a close eye on Truffle near the edges of the pool, swimming a few laps with the pig to get his exercise in but matching Truffle's pace so he doesn't lose sight of him.
    When Decorum and his friend Bastion arrive, he gently holds Truffle for Decorum to retrieve, but before he can speak, he is offered a handsome reward...

Lettersprite grins and holds up a hoof.
    "Ah, you are too kind Mr. Decorum, but it isn't truly necessary: Truffle was a fine companion in the time I watched over him. I can see why you treasure him so! Suffice it to say that no reward is required, and... well, not to belabor the point, but as a lawyer, there would be some ponies who would take this transaction out of context to accuse me of underhanded dealings, which is not to say I accuse you and your associate of such things.

The most trying aspect of bureaucracy and law is the foalishness of ponykind: ponies often see dark things where none truly exist, and other times ignore that which would harm them. Hence why I must be careful."

Lettersprite smiles and offers Decorum a hoofshake before speaking again.
    "But make no mistake: I appreciate the gesture! I wish you and Mr. Bastion here a fine stay."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum eye flinch and say carefully: " ... you really love talking Mister huh? "

The Princesses laugh at that statement, adding stuff to it: " I know right, he doesnt know how to be straight-foward! "

Luna says to Celestia: " H-hey that's not nice! I-Im sure he doesnt do it on purpose! Dont worry Mister Lettersprite, I-I am sure you know what you are talking about."

Celestia: " Of course he is, he is a lawyer! They need to be wordy! "

Sugar: " GIRLS! "

Sugar who get out of the pool seem disappointed in them. This seem to temper them down. Celestia ears are down and she turn back to Mister Lettersprite: " I am sorry if I said something wrong Mister Lettersprite."

Golden Hour sigh and goes to the group: " Hey, since you seem to have make a new friend, how about we ask for little Decorum guardians if you guys can play-"

" - Out of question. "

Bastion tone is suddenly cold and even threatening. As an immediate reaction, Truffle react accordingly...

He squirm and squeal, afraid, in Lettersprite arms, trying to get away...

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

If you want to desescalathe the situation feel free.

Lettersprite will need to do a body strenght unless Truffle will break free... Or an Hearth check to calm it down.

Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-28 at 10:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite deflates at Decorum's response, and the Princesses' words don't help either. Foals... They speak what they think, for good or ill...
    He sighs and chuckles halfheartedly.
    "My apologies... I suppose I have a lot to say. To summarize, I was happy to take care of Truffle, and no pay is necessary."

He looks over to Celestia next and shrugs.
    "It wasn't necessarily wrong, but it was a mite... tactless. Lawyers do need to know how to speak as their reputation suggests, but they also need to know how to listen among other things."

Lettersprite begins to get up to his hooves to hand Truffle over to Decorum and head back to the group, but is startled by the sudden shift in atmosphere when Bastion speaks, and it appears that little Truffle felt it too and didn't like it.
    Lettersprite, while verbose as noted, has had little experience speaking to a person's emotions, but is banished if he's going to try restraining the poor thing by force. He instead gently caresses the piglet with one hoof while attempting to talk him down from his emotional distress.
    "Woah! Steady now: there there. He didn't mean you any harm, none at all."

(2d6+1)[13]

Edit: Double sixes 0.0
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-05-31 at 10:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo jump of the water to stand by Lettersprite.
    "It's alright. Being talky is who you are."
    she turn to the angry pony, lifting her wings in somethong like raised hands to show peace.

"Now now. No need to splash around. We are all just want to have a safe fun over here. Right? We are all on the same side, and wanting the same. There is only a small discussion of what is the best way to reach this goal. Right?" She say with soothing tone.

(harmony with lettersprite)

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard breaths in and out trying his best to keep his temper in check. It was slowly built up, the longer issues kept being built up. Still, he decided to let the others engage since they probably would be able to keep a cooler mind than he was. He wanted to keep the princesses safe and he usually had to use force even if it was subtler magical approach.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Lettersprite manage to calm the poor little piggy down as the little thing was literally trying to climb over him to jump behind the chair. With the snort of the pig right next to his ears and a soothing tone, he manage to calm it down enough to relax a but with some head scratches. Its still nervous but you can almost feel Truffle insecurity about this whole thing.

Meanwhile, Sweet Echo didn't do not as good... As she get out of the pool WITHOUT drying herself first, she splash all over Bastion clotches. You can feel he is ANGRY, eye twitching... But Decorum, looking down and with ears down, looking so depressed and defeated, says: " I get it, I'll go back to my room without a fuss. But you are scaring Truffles ahain..."

That attract Bastion attention. Seeing that Truffles still feel nervous, Bastion takes a deep breath and retract his intimidating aura. With a cold look, he nods toward Decorum who then get back Truffles.

The Princesses, getting back their shock, are now looking at Bastion with disgust and anger. You can FEEl this is NOT going to go down lightly and considering the power they weild, its not going to be pretty!

(Another Heart roll everyone, please, to calm down our little angels before they make the situation even worst)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo fold her ears.
    she has oopsed once again.
    The disguised bat pony fly into ear, spinning amd diving down to make the biggest water splash she could.
    "WATER BOMB!" to distract them back for games.

---

Body?
    (2d6)[2][3](5)+2

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite freezes when Sweet Echo gets water on Bastion's clothes, but breathes a sigh of relief when he sees Bastion relent at the thought of scaring
    Truffle again. He hands the still slightly shaking pig to Decorum and gives the colt a pat on the shoulder.
    "May the rest of your day be much less complicated: steady on good lad."

Lettersprite then turns around and sees the livid expressions on the Princesses' faces, and he can't help but recall those pranks they played on him not but a few days ago... Oh dear, this could end poorly.

Using the moment of distraction created by Sweet Echo, Lettersprite swims over to the fillies as quickly as he can and puts what he hopes is a calming hoof on each of their shoulders. I really do need to learn how to speak to foals better...
    "Steady now, steady... that wasn't fun to watch, yes, but before you act, ask yourselves this: would what you are planning help ponies, or hurt them?"
    He attempts to pull them closer into a hug if they wish, and continues.
    "You are very strong fillies, and you will grow into exceptionally strong mares: I know that after just a few days knowing you. Please, use that strength to heal, not harm."

And I do believe that that is another Heart roll (I'm rolling separately here because I don't have anything that would help Sweet Echo's action, sorry >.<).
    heart - (2d6+1)[9]

Edit: drat, I was hoping for a 10 >.< Could this be a partial success? They're under the Checks and Difficulty Targets tab.
    Rolls
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-06-04 at 03:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard runs to the princesses side ready to use his bubblewand if it becomes necessary to protect the princesses from damage. "As Mister Lettersprite says. Lets all calm down. There is no need to let this escalate." BubbbleGuard adds.

(hoping to add harmony to the roll)
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Although the Staff try to reach for the fillies in the pool... They practically ignore them. They look at each others, nods and look up at Sweet Echo diving into the pool.

As soon as she touch the water, a big splash of water reach out everywhere around the pool. All other clients around the pool are splashed and now grumpy.

The splash was so big that the water of the pool was removed by a third!

The other customers are cursing and the lifeguard sigh, like he hate his job, and goes to the Staff: " Im sorry ponies but I'll ask you to leave. I already warned you that diving in the pool is only authorized from springboard. Besides, you'll have tons of complains from the other customers if you dont leave immediately."

The Princesses are looking disappointed a bit but goes to a stunt Decorum and wish him well, hoping to see him again...

(Mind roll to notice anything unusual before going to the next scene please?)