New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

Sweet Echo lower her head.
    'I am so sorry...' she sigh, pass by Bubble Guard, avoiding his gaze, quite certain she has dissapointed him.
    Now she is on the other end of her behavior- passive as noodle.
    Sweet now try to keep to herself and avoid further problems.

Mind
    (2d6)[3][4](7)+1
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite falls forward when his attempt at a hug fails, face planting in the water just before the splash happens. He resurfaces just in time to hear they've been kicked out and sighs.
    Well at least they don't suspect magic was involved...

He dutifully exits the pool, giving the life guard a sympathetic nod as he leaves, trying to avoid the crowd of ponies in the general area.
    As he begins readying himself to leave, he looks around to see where the Princesses wandered off to, and more importantly, whether they are being supervised.

Mind - (2d6+2)[11]
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard sighs. Who could have expected so much trouble at the pool? BubbleGuard though to himself. "No need for you to apologize. I should have kept a better look on the little ones while we were at the pool Nothing would have happened if I had been a bit more careful." BubbleGuard replies while trying to cheer Echo up.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar goes to the girls, say to Decorum: " We are at the room 844, if you or your guardian change your mind. "

As soon as she's in the stairs with teh door closed, she rebuke the girls: " That huge water wave was your doing girls isn't it? "

Celestia and Luna look both guilty but also defiant. Celestia grumble: " That Bastion pony is bad. Truffle knows it. Animals sense those things. "

Luna is not saying anything, looking a bit less defiant then Celestia.

Sugar sigh, says to the girls: " Well you ruined your own fun. No more pool for you today. We will go for lunch after a good nap. "

Golden Hour seem thoughtful about something but seem hesitant to say it. In the end, he simply ask Sweet Echo: " Are you sure you are ok Miss Echo? You seem out of it. You shouldnt feel so down, everypony here knew it was the our little protege fault. "

Spoiler: Results of Mind rolls
    Show
    Bubbles and Lettersprite realize they didn't see Bastion anywhere after the huge wave hit everypony. Lettersprite however, realize that his melon hat was still on the roof and that Truffle has being knocked unconscious right next to it. probably fainted from the sudden wave.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

"No no no! Bubbly Doo!" Sweet Echo shake her head, her mane whipping water everywhere

"You are overworking and over burdening yourself as it is! I just tried to distract the fillies and have forgotten the rules!"

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite pauses when he notices Bastion is missing. ...Curious. Something to mention to Mr. Guard.

His eyebrows both shoot up when he sees Truffle unconscious and unsupervised. He gallops over and picks up the poor piglet before galloping back to Decorum.
    "Young master Decorum! Here: I'm afraid he's fainted from the shock of that sudden wave. Poor thing: some rest should do his heart good. Oh! And here is the hat."
    He pauses, panting, as running is not one of his strongest skills, before patting Decorum on the shoulder and smiling weakly.
    "My condolences that your day should take such a foul turn: I dearly hope it improves from here on out. Right then: as I said before, steady on good lad!"

Lettersprite reaches to tip a hat to Decorum, but realizes halfway through that he isn't wearing a hat, so he turns it into a half-hearted salute. He then makes his way to Bubble Guard away from Decorum and clears his throat. He whispers the following to his boss.
    "Mr. Guard: I... noticed something that might interest you. I know not how he did it, but if you were paying attention during the little incident back there, Mr. Bastion... vanished. He was there one second and gone the moment the wave made landfall... I am not a superstitious pony, but I have seen many strange and wonderful things these past few days... I expect that this Mr. Bastion may be more than he seems."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "No no no! Bubbly Doo!" Sweet Echo shake her head, her mane whipping water everywhere

"You are overworking and over burdening yourself as it is! I just tried to distract the fillies and have forgotten the rules!"
    BubbleGuard shakes his head in disagreement. "It is MY JOB to look after your safety. If things dont work out appropiately, it is in part due to my mistakes." BubbleGuard gives Sweet Echo a kiss on her forehead. "Lets work together towards improving if you still feel like you share responsability."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    Lettersprite pauses when he notices Bastion is missing. ...Curious. Something to mention to Mr. Guard.

His eyebrows both shoot up when he sees Truffle unconscious and unsupervised. He gallops over and picks up the poor piglet before galloping back to Decorum.
    "Young master Decorum! Here: I'm afraid he's fainted from the shock of that sudden wave. Poor thing: some rest should do his heart good. Oh! And here is the hat."
    He pauses, panting, as running is not one of his strongest skills, before patting Decorum on the shoulder and smiling weakly.
    "My condolences that your day should take such a foul turn: I dearly hope it improves from here on out. Right then: as I said before, steady on good lad!"

Lettersprite reaches to tip a hat to Decorum, but realizes halfway through that he isn't wearing a hat, so he turns it into a half-hearted salute. He then makes his way to Bubble Guard away from Decorum and clears his throat. He whispers the following to his boss.
    "Mr. Guard: I... noticed something that might interest you. I know not how he did it, but if you were paying attention during the little incident back there, Mr. Bastion... vanished. He was there one second and gone the moment the wave made landfall... I am not a superstitious pony, but I have seen many strange and wonderful things these past few days... I expect that this Mr. Bastion may be more than he seems."
    When spoken to, BubbleGuard turns his attention towards Lettersprite. "He did? I was kind f centering my attention towards the young ones and didnt pay much attention to the surroundings. Are you sure about this?"
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    When spoken to, BubbleGuard turns his attention towards Lettersprite. "He did? I was kind f centering my attention towards the young ones and didnt pay much attention to the surroundings. Are you sure about this?"
    Lettersprite nods gravely before replying.
    "I cannot explain the how of it, but I am very much certain that Mr. Bastion was present one second and gone the next. As a matter of fact, I've not seen him since the incident..."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard wondered about this occurance. "Do you recall any suspicious or notorious activity from him before his disappearance? It might have been a magic item or some sort. Or he could be capble of using magic himself. Try to recall anything. I am sure, its bound to be useful.... like exactly where was he standing?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo smiled somberly at Bubble's words.
    She perked her ears at Lettersprite.
    "Maybe he had a invisibilty artifiact thingy?:

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Celestia: " Wait, doesn't that mean that poor Decorum is without a guardian though? Wouldn't that be dangerous for him to stay alone? "

Luna look at you guys hopefully but isnt saying anything.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite pauses in thought for a moment before replying.
    "I admit that Mr. Bastion was merely in my peripheral vision when I last saw him, but let me think for a moment: something may come to me. As for where he was standing, I am quite certain he was in the path of the wave next to young master Decorum."

Lettersprite shrugs at Sweet Echo's suggestion, not having any idea himself at the moment. When the Princesses speak, he freezes and looks back in the direction of the pool.
    "I... believe Decorum was by himself last I saw him... nonetheless, I would be wary of approaching him while we do not know the full extent of Mr. Bastion's abilities. Mr. Bastion's thoughts on the matter were extremely clear..."

Spoiler: Mind Roll
    Show
    To see if Lettersprite can remember anything more about what transpired:
    Mind - (2d6+2)[8]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard wonders about the situation. There was always the possibility that he wasnt behind the act but that was also just another possibility. "Maybe we could inspect the general area and look for some clues." BubbleGuard suggests.

Spoiler
    Show

Body or mind roll check to search around? (2d6+3)[14]
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo would try to help Bubble Guard

(harmony)

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite sees his friends heading back to the pool and calls out to them, concerned.
    "Wait! Weren't we just expelled from the pool area? You might wish to be discreet!"

He will otherwise stay back and wait nervously with the Princesses to see what trouble his new friends get into.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The moment you come back on the roof, all eyes lock on you and there is groans and low voices speeches. The pool lifeguard was talking in private with Decorum but he notices the changes of mood around the pool. He finally turn to you guys and groan as well, scream: " The security is already coming! If you are still on the roof when they arrive, you'll risk being expelled from the hotel all together! Do not coming for the rest of the day, how many times should I say it?! "

Seeing you are coming back, Decorum gasp and runs to you guys but stop at a respectable distance. He seem to be hesitating about something...

Truffle is conscious again, trotting behind him. Seeing you guys arrive, he runs to Lettersprite and gives him a leg scratch, squeaking doing so. Then he trots to Sweet Echo and climb on her leg to give her a kiss with his groin and squeal softly. Its like he is trying to be comforting...

The lifeguard frown, saying: " Boy, would you mind staying here? The guards will be there soon..."

Seeing his pet acting this way, it seem to give courage to Decorum to say what he wanted to say: " Ah hum. Hi again. W-would you mind coming back with me to my room? T-Truffles likes you a-and his intuition is good about ponies. Last time the security guards scared him so... I-I'll rather not have to chase him again. "

Celestia and Luna goes to him and hugs him:" Sure! You have anypony else waiting for you there."

Decorum is scarlet red from shyness. He just shake his head to says no... Celestia and Luna gasp: " Wait seriously?! "

The girls look to Sugar, with an imploring look. Sugar answer before you can chip in: " Of course we will bring you back to your room. Besides, I think the roof is off-limit for us today. Cmon, let's leave..."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard thinks for a moment. "It will just take a moment. I think we forgot something around here. I promise not to take long." BubbleGuard replies hoping that would be enough to avoid conflict and get a quick look.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite winces at the life guard's castigation before looking to Bubble Guard and whispering to him.
    "Perhaps we can have our questions answered without risking arrest by indulging young Decorum's request more expediently? If you really wish to look, perhaps I should take him back to his room with the princesses so he is not inconvenienced."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo giggle as she felt tickled by Truffle.
    'Sure! No problem at all!" she say happily

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The lifeguard gives a knowing smile: " Tell me what you forgot and I'll look for you. You don't have to-"

One of the angry unicorns on the side yell very loudly: " We are all tired of you ponies. Leave now or I'll make a complain to the hotel owner myself. Now, mister Lifeguard, could you please close the pool gate to make sure they don't comeback in the perimeters? I think it will show where you stand in the matter, at least until security arrives..."

The Lifeguard bow to the pony who spoke and goes lock the gate. Then he start ignoring you guys...

Sugar has a bit of smoke coming from her nostrils at that treatement. Truffles seem to sense Sugar's anger and goes back to Decorum, looking at Sugar a bit worried.

Celestia whisper to Sugar: " Mommy, you are scaring little Truffles! Please! "

Sugar takes Celestia in a hug, take a deep breath and calm down doing so. Truffles seem satisfied and return to walk between everypony, asking for attention.

========

(none of you rolled anything so unless you want to roll something, you want us to skip to the next scene? How do you want to approach this mystery disappearance?)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

After seeing the reaction, he decides to follow the advice given by Lettersprite. "Alright, lead the way. And, could you follow us Sweety? We could use your bat pony skills to look for clues." BubbleGuard requests wondering a bit about the curse.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite nods and gestures to Decorum to lead. He will walk alongside Decorum as they make their way into the hotel. Lettersprite sighs and gives the colt a sympathetic look.
    "My apologies for the continued disturbances: things have not gone as we had planned either. ...Quite frankly, I'm honored you still wish to associate with us."

Lettesprite lets a few moments pass in silence before quizzically looking to Decorum again and speaking.
    "Actually, if you don't mind my inquiry, why did you wish to leave the pool with us. I am by no means displeased: you are a fine young stallion... Is everything alright?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum first call back Truffles who then jump on Decorum's back. That little piglet certainly is agile!

Decorum: " My parent's are away on a business trip, they told me to stay with Bastion at all times. My last bodyguard couldn't protect me. It was Truffle who sensed the bad ponies before I could and he fled. I chased after him. That's... that's how I avoided being ponynapped that day. Since then I trust Truffle judgement. He is not the most courageous pet but he always try to make friends with the good crowd. A-And beside... "

He look at Luna and Celestia but cant maintain to look at them. He ask with difficulty: " I... I would like, if you so n-no inconvenience to do so, t-that we take some times to a-all know each other. I... dont have the occassion to make friends of my age a lot s-so... if..."

He voice crack a bit, seemingly embarassed. Luna goes to him and hugs him: " My mommy always teached me that a hug always fix everything. "

Decorum is startled, seemingly confused, blinking a few times. He doesnt return the hug but he is not fighting it either.

Celestia raise her hoof and says: " Do not worry Decorum! Any pals of us will not be put in danger in any ways! I swore and oath as a the futur ruler of-"

Sugar: " CELLY! "

Truffles seem startled but is staying on Decorum's back. Eye twitching, Golden Hour goes to truffle to rub him on the head, instantly calming the little pig.

Celestia blinks a few times, shrug: " I dont care, I swore an oath and you can't - "

Sugar sigh, says to the group: " We should probably go warn the reception desk, find somepony who knows his parents. We will be in his room in the suite in the meantime. Better protected. Anyone has a better idea? " "

(Yay, first time the princesses break their disguise lol)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-06-27 at 12:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo smiled warmly.
    "Brave fillies." she cooed.
    "I am quick! I'll find his parents in no time! Names and descriptons will make it even quicker!"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite's eyes go wide in shock when Decorum says he's been through foalnapping attempts, but remains silent. His face falls and he sighs and pats his shoulder.
    "You're a brave young stallion to leave the house... definitely braver than me... Well, steady on then: where would you like to be brought? You will likely have to lead the way."

Lettersprite smiles as the Princesses work to calm Decorum... until Celestia blurts out the wrong thing and Lettersprite almost trips. He tries to pass it off as having been nothing, but unlike many lawyers, a liar Lettersprite is not...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

"I dont know. Thi would be an added responsability for our already big group. Are you sure you are up for the task, Sweety?" BubbleGuard asks wondering how much she was interested in solving this matter. He wouldnt want to miss an opportunity to show her resolve on a subject matter as delicate as this one.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    "I dont know. Thi would be an added responsability for our already big group. Are you sure you are up for the task, Sweety?" BubbleGuard asks wondering how much she was interested in solving this matter. He wouldnt want to miss an opportunity to show her resolve on a subject matter as delicate as this one.
    Celestia look at Bubble trying to look innocent... but it just look naughty.

Celly: " Me? I'm a kid and on a vacation here. One we earned by behaving nicely. Im sure you are competent enough to take temporarily take responsability for one more foal Bubbles. You stress too much."

Decorum: " O-Ok! My room is this way!! "

Some of the security is actually pass by you on their way to the roof but ignore you guys, unaware why they were called to the roof. Some are still on the suite level and recognize Decorum... but not you guys apparently.

The Unicorn guard from before, chief of them, goes to Decorum and respectfully ask: " Mister Decorum, it's a surprise to see you here without being chaperone by your personal buttler. Would you please tell if if those ponies are with you? "

Decorum nods: " Yes, they are with me. As for my buttler, he disappeared on the roof. W-Would you mind look into it? "

He nods: " Of course! I'll send orders to check around the hotel to make sure he has not fall off the building, as well as warn your parents of the situation. "

He turn to the Staff and bow his head in a gesture of respect: " Thank you for bringing him here, we can take it from here."

Decorum eyes becomes straight up. Truffles on his back seem to suddenly become a bit nervous."

Decorum: " I said those ponies are with me. I wont leave the floor without either a guardian or my parents but for now, they are my guests! A-and guardian of my friends so d-don't be difficult, please."

The security guard chief seem to hesitate a short moment before smiling: " Very well. But if they enter your room, your parents will be charged for anything your guests broke, steal or anything else that happens. They are now your family responsabilities."

Decorum nods: "F-Fine."

The unicorn nods and let you guys pass. He courtly says: " Have a nice day! "

As soon as you are pass the corners, he barks order to send someone at the reception of hotel to warn the owners of room 999 of the situation here. At no time they mention their names.

The room itself is... very luxurous. A king size bed, another room just for Decorum and Truffle, a magic freezing box that contains food and drinks, VERY soft and clean carpet, a bathroom so clean you could eat on the floor. Their is a a lot of rich looking package and ornaments everywhere.

Even at the Staff's castle, nothing is THAT extravagant!

Sugar and Golden Hour seem taken aback but recover quickly. Celestia and Luna on the other hand are speechless and open jawed. Seeing this, to break the tension, Decorum says: "W-Would you like something to drink? I have some fresh pineapple juice if you want"

=====

(Sorry I know I kinda stole Igor thunder but you might help the guards if you want... Or work on your own to do so? Im sure Sweet Echo could try to get the information she needs to do it herself if needed. Dont let that stuck up Unicorn stop you from doing what you feel is right lol)

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"I can get to the roof in no time!" Sweet Echo is eager to help and fly as fast as she can to the roof

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite furrows his brow when the security chief attempts to separate them from Decorum. The poor colt has ponies after him... could this be another trap they are attempting to lay?

As they leave the Lobby, Lettersprite pays close attention to the body language of the officer, looking to see whom they go to speak with next as well as how they conduct themself.
    mind - (2d6+2)[8]

Upon reaching Decorum's room, Lettersprite, perhaps surprisingly, takes the inside of it in stride. It isn't terribly uncommon for the wealthier ponies in government to furnish their homes in such a manner, and he has been to a few of them in the past

He thinks about Decorum's offer, before shrugging.
    "I would be happy to accept as long as it does not cause any trouble for you with your family or with the hotel. We seem to be attracting a fair bit of that..."

He then looks around at his fellow ponies and furrows his brow again before speaking to Decorum once more.
    "So... Has Mr. Bastion vanished before? If so, when has he returned, and if not... is there anypony else you trust in town? We could likely get you to a safe place of your choosing if you wish. Something here... well, perhaps it is the atmosphere of the place, but something feels wrong..."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard whished Echoo good luck as she leaves the premises. BubbleGuard then follow Lettersprite to Decorumīs room as planned. BubbleGuard declines the offer a drink. BubbleGuard tries to stay on guard looking for anything that might be suspiciou while letting Lettersprite do the talking.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores: