New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

(Since Lettersprite took some initiative, Im going to reward it! No stealth roll needed )

Lettersprite managed to be forgotten by the Staff, at first as his pace slow down and he retract a few steps to be right at the corner of the hallway, unseen by the security staff. He doesnt see the Unicorn Chief but he can hear him call for " Tower Siege ". The other pony ask him who was "those ponies" with the "pig foal"... Althought they are looking to be discrete by lowering their tone, they can be hear by him at least for this part:

- Chief, You think they are going to be trouble?

- Oh but I sure hope so! Maybe then maybe Red Carpet will stop being on our case! Go look at the receptionnist desk, find any infos you can find about those ponies. I'll treat you to The Prancing Pony after the job if you find me any..."

But then they seem to move away and their voice are too faint to be heard.

===========

On the roof, Sweet Echo is... not treated well. But as long as she doesn't land on the roof or enter the pool area, The lifegaurd pony is letting her have a look around, starting to believe Bubbles might have being telling the truth about "forgetting something"

Unfortunatly, only the melon hat of Bastion remained. And from where he was, its extremely unlikely he fell off the roof, too much distance was between where he was and the edge of the roof... Its like... he vanished into thin air!

==========

Bubbles is actually being treated very nicely by Decorum. Although he refused the juice offer, it turns out Decorum has a pack of cards and he knows quite a few games.

The Princesses, Decorum, Sugar and Golden all play a few cards game that even he never heard off before. Decorum took a bag of cookies and passed them around.

Everyone is having a nice time...

(If you want to find clues about Decorum identity, feel free Bubbles. There is clues in the room )

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard glances around partially admiring the room and at the same time looking for anything that might be helpful. Obviously, he wasnt trying to be too on the nose. He compliments the decour while he checks around. "I must say your taste is impeccable."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Mind or body roll to look for clues? (2d6+3)[10]
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo doesn't mind the lifeguard, actually, while fluttering she aporach him.
    "Hey, Lord Tights Of The Uptights! I have kind of an impoetant question-"
    she show him the hat.
    "Did you happened to see the pony who wore it? There is a kid and he is kind of worried about him."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Before entering the room

Lettersprite frowns when he overhears the conversation between the security staff, but figures he's pushed his luck far enough already and quietly canters back to his friends.

On the way, he tries to remember whether or not the names Tower Siege or Red Carpet should mean anything to him.
    Mind - (2d6+2)[7]
    If they are ponies of notable legal interest, I'll roll Law as well.
    [roll=law]4d6b2+5[/roll]

Before entering the room, he takes Bubble Guard aside for a moment and fills him in on what he overheard.
    "Not to alarm anypony, but I'm afraid the security department has a vested interest in removing us from Decorum's room. I'm not certain as to why, but we may wish to be ready for trouble at a later point in time. Until then, we do as my ponies always have: we keep calm, and we carry on."

Once inside

Lettersprite participates in the games, but notably does rather poorly in any game that involved bluffing. He will accept a cookie when they are offered.

Otherwise, he is not confident in his position to ask personal questions of Decorum, but from his seat, he will take in the details of the room.
    Mind - (2d6+2)[6]
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum look at Bubbles with compassion: " Im sorry mister but we don't choose the design of rooms in a hotel. But as for how this place is, I must admit its not bad. I would have not mind something simpler though but I am a big fan of the magic box, its convenient."

Bubbles spot a symbol on one of the luggage, with a noble crest attached. You rolled high enough to know its connected directly to Earth Pony royalty but the color is different. But still, it must be very close to Chancellor Puddinghead. What is strange though is the need for needing a hotel room if they are so close to Earth Pony royalty...

Another thing he realize is that their seem to be a photo album on one of the desk. Although the pictures would be in black and white, there must be picture of his family inside...

================

The lifeguard frown. He sigh shake his head: " You are cute but you don't know how to talk to ponies isn't it? Whatever, I was surprised that the foal guardian was nowhere to be found after you splashed around. Not even sure why the foal left with you ponies instead of security. "

Seem like he doesn't know anything.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo chuckle.
    'Well, usually, being cute worked for me, but I guess it isn't enough with stuck up ponies. But thank you! I'll keep looking!'

She now fly to the last place, he was seen, and try to trace, if in the unlikely case, he became invisble, the closted path, and just go there.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard wonders about his finding and tries to keep the talk going. "I can see how. Magic can sometimes make our lives easier. By the sound of your description, it seems like you have stayed in better places? Why did you decide to pick this hotel?" BubbleGuard asks with curiosity, leaning a bit forward as he asks.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum look at the fillies, confused, who giggles and then he return his attention to Bubbles: " You mean my parents mister. I don't want to be rude but... Im just a kid. I cant take a hotel reservation you know? But as for better places goes, I was shocked when my parents told me other rooms don't have it. Its a shame for the other ponies..."

Luna change the course of the conversation by asking Decorum what he likes to do at hobbies, which Decorum gladly explain how he loves swimming, reading and cooking with the staff at his parents place when they allow it.

========

Sweet Echo realize that with the sun above, the water already dried up on the side of the pool. She cant make up anything from the remaining water hoofprints as it seem a few poniues already walked everywhere around the pool, probably security.

It seem like a fruitless effort to keep searching here...

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite, confident that he has reached his limits of observation, sighs and focuses on the game he is involved in instead of straining his eyes looking around the room.

He listens as Bubble Guard speaks to Decorum before shrugging and looking to the Colt during a lull in his chat with the Princesses.
    "Erm... Young Master Decorum: please do not take this the wrong way, but how long should we expect to be staying here? You are exceptionally pleasant company, and we will not leave a colt to fend for himself of course, but... well, is there a guardian of some sort we should contact about Bastion's sudden disappearance? ...Assuming this is unusual for him of course. I cannot say. You said you trust those whom do not upset Truffle, and that seems wise all things considered: are there any other such ponies whom we should reach out to?"

Lettersprite produces a hoofkerchief from his jacket and cleans his glasses with it as he continues.
    "At the very least, it would be nice to know there were other friendly eyes on you than ours should trouble find you."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum ears drop: " My parents will definitely be worried once they learn about Bastion disappearance. But they are working hard to become gouvernement official and being part of the... what's the word... parlement? In any case I know they will probably send a relative to pick me up once somepony get in touch with them... "

Luna seem unable to relax, her ears are down: " C-cmon it cannot be that bad right? Im sure Bastion will be back soon... "

Celestia seem also weirdly hesistant but just ask: " What if... wait where is Truffles?! "

Its at this point you all realize that the little pig who was just content to be in his little bed to take a nap seem to have vanish too!

Immediately Bastion drop his cards, look around nervously: " Truffles, TRUFFLES!! "

You soon realize that the Truffles doesnt seem to be in the room...

For the first time, you all realize also that Luna seem to look VERY guilty and close to crying, looking around hoping to find the little pig too but too nervous to really join the search in the room.

Celestia ears are low too, with some guilt showing on her face.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

"Have your parents spoken to anypony? I mean besides the hotel staff." BubbleGuard decides to ask trying to broaden the scope of possibilities. "Please, I beg of you to try to remember."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo sigh.
    She then search the outskirts of the hotel

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite nods as Decorum describes his situation.
    "I see... We can contact them if you wish. My apologies... I did not mean to cause you pain."

Aaaand then the pig goes missing Oh simply marvelous: just what we needed!

Lettersprite gets up to start searching when he notices the Princesses' unusual behavior. He canters over to Luna and puts a gentle hoof on her shoulder before whispering the following to her.
    "Steady on young Luna: we'll find Truffle yet... do you have any idea as to what may have happened? Truffle is dear to Decorum... it would be best if we locate his old friend with alacrity."

Rolling Heart in case we feel it is necessary to see what is bothering Luna.
    Heart - (2d6+1)[3]
    And rolling Mind to notice any clues as to where Truffle may have gone.
    Mind - (2d6+2)[14]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum shrug: " I dont think so Mister, sorry? "

That is all you can get from him before he is too worried about his pet then continuing the conversation.

=========

Luna take a deep breath, grab Lettersprite... And teleport with him as soon as Decorum is not looking.

Sugar is looking at Celestia, asking what is going on, Celestia answer: " ... we just wanted more time with our new best friend. And that Bastion clearly needed a nap since he was being so cranky. All I did was use my magic to make Sweet Echo splash in the pool bigger but I think Luna spell was more... drastic? I didnt say anything cause I trusted her..."

After a moment, Luna and Lettersprite comes back in the room via teleportation. She has Truffle in her arms but he is jump down from her as soon as she appear in the open.

The little pig seem angry from the snorting and angry squealing he is doing. Decorum pick up his little pig and hugs it, which seem to distract Truffles from his anger for a moment as it seems to be looking around in confusion.

Decorum is just glad to have Truffles back that he doesnt ask any questions.

(Lettersprite will have quite the story to tell, I'll PM him what he experimented just now.)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite stumbles backwards as if recoiling from a recent assault before tripping and falling flat on his butt.
    "Whinnying blimey! What in Tartarus!? Wha..."

He looks around the room, confused, before turning back to Luna with a look of bafflement and concern. The sound of Truffle's oinking distracts him for a moment though and he nods appreciatively at the pig.
    "Oh... ok: good. Mr. Truffle made it back safely."

He turns to Luna, still breathing heavily from his recent exertion, and raises an eyebrow.
    "I was concerned that strange... pony? I think? May have caught Truffle on the way out... yet he appears to be safe. Good."

He takes several deep breaths before sighing loudly and giving Luna a pleading look.
    "Young Highness Luna, please, for goodness sake, explain what that was! Where were we, and what was that strange equine?"

Lettersprite then falls backwards and just lies down to take a breather. Whatever just happened seems to have taxed the lawyer greatly.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Luna is defensive: " I-I dont know! It's a etheral dimension! Master Starswirl explained to me its a deviancy made from teleportation spells, to make them possible to begin with. You know, where unicorns body end up between teleportations? He told me that I should continue to try to use a magic inside, that would be useful once I get my cutie mark. There was never anypony else inside of it before! It shouldn't have anypony inside! "

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

"Its fine. Dont worry yourself, Young Master Decorum. If you remember anything, do let me know." BubbleGuard replies trying not to press the issue any further. "So, lettersprite, what are your thoughts?" he asks still not knowing about any of the interactions between the princess and him.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

As Sweet Echo is lurking around, her bat ears hear something near the reception clerk desk. She see a security pony there, being told that about the ponies in your room? Its all hush-hush and whispers but you can hear it on the other side of the window outside.

You cannot see who the security pony is talking to but its saying that the ponies in your room reserved under the name of " Tea Agony " and that's she rumored to be working for Starswirl the Bearded, being one of her student.

Do you wanna continue spying or move along? if you do wanna continue spying, roll for stealth.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite blinks twice before signing and laying flat on his back, looking at the ceiling.
    "...Alright: I don't fully understand what you just told me young Highness Luna, but I take it that it bodes ill... Do be careful with that magic of yours: it seems we do not yet fully understand how it works..."

He looks over to Truffles and waves a hoof lazily at the pig before furrowing his brow and sitting back up.
    "Hold on: we've found Truffles, but what happened to Bastion?"

About this time, Bubble Guard approaches Lettersprite, and the lawyer can only stare for a brief moment before realizing he is being rude.
    "Pardon me: it wasn't polite of me to stare...

Suffice it to say that Luna and I... journeyed somewhere... I know not where, but Luna said it was a place mages go in between teleporting? Truffles was there. I am not by any means a mage...

But to answer your question, I recommend we send a letter to Decorum's parents as quickly as possible... assuming he wishes us to do so."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

"What do you mean? Did something happen?" BubbleGuard contains himself knowing the answers would probably arrive if he were to follow instructions. "Did you hear that? We might be of assistance afterall, Young Decorum." BubbleGuard replies trying to get the young one´s atention and hopefully getting him on board with whatever plan Lettersprite had in mind.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo does try to keep spying.

(2d6)[6][3](9)+3

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

At the mention of Bastion name, Truffles squimish angerly. It surprises Decorum drop on the floor.

Luna sigh, point at Truffle: " When the sun set and that Truffle sleep, Bastion should have appeared. He would have felt like he took the best nap of his life and just woke up. I basically put him in Truffles dreaming world. But I dont understand why that ghostly pony was there and how Truffles was brought there... He messed up with my spell, somehow."

Decorum gasp and look at Luna like she suddenly dangerous. He tales a few steps away from Celestia and Luna.

"Why would you do that?!"

Celestia look hurt seeing Decorum acting like that. She bow her head in defeat: " Cause we never had friends before and we didnt want to end things at the pool because of your guardian? He clearly didn't like us and... well we wanted to spend more time with you. "

Decorum doesnt seem to know what to think...

(Suggestion: I can give you a suggestion in the OCC if you arent sure how to respond to that)

=============

Sweet Echo peek at the window. Its the nice clerk from before that escorted to the reception desk. She seem unhappy, conflicted and pressured.

She is facing a pegasus pony named Tower Siege. Her tone is slightly intimidating when she speak: " Who cares about that?! What, you want Red Carpet to have our heads or something? You know how to gather information, why didn't you do it?! "

" Cause I am not to give personal information to anypony, not even you! So STOP asking! "

" Well if you did do it, maybe you would have know that one of them is a member of the D'Magic family. "

The clerk seem surprised by this info... and afraid.

" " H-How?! Is it true?! How did you learn that?! "

(Should I do small cut so that you interrupt them at some point? Or you plan to keep hiding and not showing yourself?)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

"Ummm...." BubbleGuard looks nervous bout the reveal but tries to help calm things down. "Lets try to calm down. If its a magical situation, it might still be reversible. Let us worry of the solution for the moment." BubbleGuard is still unsure exactly how yet but he assumes Lettersprite already worked of something with the princesses.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite continues to listen as everypony attempts to clear up the confusion, but two things stand out to him during the conversation. He sighs, and turns to Decorum, holding out a hoof in a placating gesture.
    "Our young charges are... special. Special, but they are foals like yourself, and they speak the truth when they say they don't usually have much company... Today has been a very good day for them, and I hope it can be a good one for you too in the end, but to that point, I think I may have a thought as to why we didn't find Bastion in his dream realm young Luna."

Lettersprite gets back up on four hooves and clears his throat before continuing.
    "Young Master Decorum: you said Bastion made Truffles nervous? Moreover, you trust in Truffles' judgement? ...What I saw in that strange space was certainly not Bastion, but who is to say that Bastion ever truly existed? It is possible that he was a spirit of some sort in disguise, and that what we saw truly was his realm young Luna."

He looks between Bubble Guard and the Princesses.
    "Does this explanation fit within the bounds of known arcane theory?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

(Unless it become violent, Sweet Echo would wait it out)

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

(Sorry, I had prepared an update and then lost all my post. Had to rewrite everything)

Bastion seems confused, ask: " How would we know anything is real then? When would bastion had being replaced by... Truffles?! What is wrong with you? "

Truffles seem to squeal a lot more then usual, squealing while looking at you ponies in the eyes. Truffles began to scratch it behind the ears and he seem to calm down, like its a spot that is very relaxing for the little pig. Truffles continue: " I wouldnt know when it happend sir Lettersprite. I think we should warn someone who could help? Im not sure what you saw when you brought back Truffle."

The Princesses looks at each other then Luna reply to Lettersprite:" Your guesses are as good as ours. Its a first for us."

========

Tower Siege sigh, shake his head: . Doesnt matter how I learnt it. What we need to do now is prepare for the worst. The guardian of the foal on the suite number 904 have disappeared. Vanish into thin air. Imagine what would happen if the journalists hear of this...

" A-Alright alright! I'll look into it. Man, today is really a bad day..."

Then Tower Siege thanks the pony in front of him and leave.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite scratches the back of his neck briefly as he continues to cogitate.
    "Well... How long have you known this Bastion fellow? Has Truffles always reacted to the mention of his name like this? I am mostly going off of what I have seen, and what I know of Truffles' instincts."

Lettersprite sighs, looks over to Bubble Guard and shrugs.
    "Truth be told, I am grasping at straws for the most part I'm afraid, though we have other matters to attend to. We need to find a proper guardian for young master Decorum here as soon as equinely possible..."

He then looks over to Decorum sheepishly before continuing.
    "Though we are happy to accommodate any desire for privacy you may have in this matter. If you wish for a telegram to be delivered so as to conceal the identity of your parents, we are more than happy to wait, and to either deliver it or accompany you if you wish to do so yourself."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Decorum shake his head: " I known Bastion since 5 years I believe. And Truffles never reacted this way as just the mention of bastion name - Truffles?! "

Truffles seem to struggles from this sensation of pettiing and wanting to move away from Decorum. Then he start crying...

Decorum is confused at Truffles emotionnal distress. Then he sigh and says: " Please contact the front desk at the main floor. They know how to contact my parents and who they are and how to do it quickly. Im sorry but I think Truffles doesnt feel like himself. He must have being scared witless in that other world. I'll take a nap with him, if you guys dont mind."

Celestia and Luna look defeated hearing that, nods. Celestia say weakly: " Im sorry again Decorum. I... I hope we can play together again someday."

Decorum seem to be pensive for a short instant and then nods: " Im sure one day we can laugh about this and I'll be happy to give you another chance... but no more magic trickery like this one. And I cant speak for my parents. Or bastion if we ever found him again... Now excuse me but, you know..."

He make a small head gestures toward the door. Sugar sigh and she takes Luna while Golden Hour take Celestia out of the room.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard thinks for a bit about the possible choices to deal with this. "Well, there are a couple of alternatives we could use. The first would be trying to do the whole thing in reverse. The second would be the recipients and be sent to wherever they had gone." Bubbleguard brings up the suggestion as he tries to think of any other alternatives on the matter.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite strokes his chin contemplatively when Decorum says that he's known Bastion for 5 years.
    "Hmm... Well then, that does cast some severe doubt on my hypothesis... I am sorry I could not be of more help: good day young Master Decorum, and do take care."

Lettersprite follows the rest, but cannot help but ruminate on Truffles' distress... surely there must be some cause for the poor dear's anguish?

He takes a closer look at Decorum and the pig, attempting to determine whether or not something has changed about either of them.
    Mind - (2d6+2)[5]