New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC Thread V: Law&Order- Trial By Hugs

Sweet Echo choose to follow the scary yelling pony
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Sweet Echo choose to follow the scary yelling pony
    Unfortunately, she is outside the building. Sweet Echo tries to follow her throught the other windows but soon realize she cannot.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

What is stopping her?

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    What is stopping her?
    Glass windows, walls... You can try to break in somewhere or go by the front door and catch up?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo tap her chin, decide to go to check on the clerk.
    'Wow! This was surey a spoooky pony!'

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite continues to ruminate on the distress of Truffles and can't shake the feeling that something is off, though he can't quite put his hoof on it...

He turns to Bubble Guard and whispers the following.
    "Mr. Guard: something is't quite right... Truffles is upset, and yet nothing is obviously wrong... I can't figure it out, but tell me, have you noticed anything new about Decorum? Truffles seemed to wish to escape him which was extremely odd..."

Lettersprite sighs and shakes his head.
    "This is a task better suited to my brother really: he is the detective of the two of us... Well, seven, but he's the sibling I am closest to."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"Odd? I am not sure what you mean." BubbleGuard replies unsure on how to answer the rather peculiar question. He tilts his head slight as he asks back "Why? Is there something that I might be missing here?"
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    "Odd? I am not sure what you mean." BubbleGuard replies unsure on how to answer the rather peculiar question. He tilts his head slight as he asks back "Why? Is there something that I might be missing here?"
    Lettersprite nods and looks over to Decorum as he continues.
    "Well if you think about it, why should Truffles feel uncomfortable around the pony he has known and loved for what is presumably a considerable amount of time? Truffles did not appear to have any such reservations prior to the incident with young Highness Luna... And the pig's instincts do seem to be rather keenly honed."

Lettersprite sighs and rubs his temples.
    "I cannot quite place my hoof on it, but there is something about this entire situation that Truffles seems to have gleaned that we have not... It is at times like these that I dearly wish I could speak with animals."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

"Speak with animals? Well, I might know the pony for the job. Its a goodfriend of mine and the brother to the lovely Miss Echo." Bubbleguard replies back ready to go meet with him for the answers that were needed.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

"Speak with animals? Well, I might know the pony for the job. Its a goodfriend of mine and the brother to the lovely Miss Echo." Bubbleguard replies back ready to go meet with him for the answers that were needed.
    Lettersprite furrows his brow in thought for a moment before successfully recalling the face of Deepwood from his brief time at the mansion.
    "Oh yes! I belive I know whom you refer to: brown batpony? Black mane? Somewhat dour demeanor? Fascinating! I would not expect him to have an affinity for wildlife, though that is merely representatve of my preconceived notions more than anything else I'm afraid."
    Lettersprite rubs the back of his neck with a forehoof sheepishly.
    "Truth be told, I had only heard of batponies in Breezie tales prior to arriving at your mansion. Breezie tales always get things wrong though, so I really hadn't the faintest idea of what to expect... I should try speaking with Ms. Echo and... Mr. Deepwood? I believe his name was? It could be informative."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"Precisely. We can probably get more insight of the current situation with their help. Since you are new, I reccomend you to always look for the staff for any assistance you might require. They might be a bit eccentric but they are all really capable in their respective fields." BubbleGuard declares with quite a bit of pride.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

"Precisely. We can probably get more insight of the current situation with their help. Since you are new, I reccomend you to always look for the staff for any assistance you might require. They might be a bit eccentric but they are all really capable in their respective fields." BubbleGuard declares with quite a bit of pride.
    Lettersprite nods as he continues trotting along.
    "I am not at all surprised to hear this! I am no expert on magic, yet even I can see the extent of Ms. Agony's skills for example! That being said, I am not entirely certain as to the specific talents of each staff member: if I am to seek their assistance, would you mind explaining their abilities and roles to me? This way, I will be able to seek out the correct pony for consultation."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar listen to you guys for a while and finally says: " ...You know that Deepwood is at the castle right? And that it would be much more efficient to ask tea Agony to spare some time to come back at the hotel? "

Golden Hour look a bit surprised: " Oh? She share her husband cutie mark now? How can she talk to animals?"

Sugar: " Deepwood teached her and she concocted a small spell to help her when the language barrier was too much."

It comes at a surprise to you all, as Tea Agony never flaunt this skill before. Before you can recover from your surprise, Sugar fly away, saying: " I'll go to the reception deck, be right back!"

Sugar is a fast agile flier, by the time she reach the counter, she see Sweet Echo and ask: " Oh there you are! Look, I need to call tea Agony real quick, the situation have evolved. Anything new from your end? "

========

As soon as Sugar is gone, The Princesses look at Bubbles and Lettersprite: " So what now? I mean, it kinda ruins the vacations if you guys need to work on this..."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo nod.
    "A spooky pony called Tower Siege seems to be involved in this. I tried to follow him, but he gotten away"

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

"Nonsense. I firmly believe that matters f greater importance hold the key to our brighter future. Dont worry about it." BubbleGuard replies trying to be reassuring to the princesses´plight. Not to mention, he didnt want them to feel bad about it later in life if they could try to solve this right now. "I am still your bodyguard and your safety also involve matters of the heart." BubbleGuard grins.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite nods when it is revealed that Tea Agony can also speak to animals. Because he has almost no prior idea as to what the Staff's abilities are, he is not nearly as surprised.

He is, however, somewhat surprised that the Princesses are concerned about interrupting his "vacation." He blinks once, and then chuckles heartily.
    "Ahahaha! Oh dear me, my apologies: I should not laugh. You see, I had completely forgotten that this was supposed to be a vacation in the first place!"
    Once he manages to control himself again, Letterspirte smiles at the Princesses as he continues.
    "Please, do not fret: to be quite honest, I have not done much work for you and the staff yet, so I was not entirely ready for a vacation really. ...Given the strange political landscape of hotels, I expect I may be called upon to use my skills at some point during our stay: once we have navigated this mystery, then I beleive I will be ready for a rest."
    Lettersprite winks before turning his attention to the hallway ahead once more.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar sigh, says: "Repeat what you know, in details, to the rest of the crew. FOr now we need to call for..."

The reception clerk said: " How may I help you," attracting both girls attention. They did the relay of the message and the unicorn clerk write it down and made the message "poof" out of existence.

" Message sent. is there anything else I can help you with?"

After assuring her that no, you were about to leave when a teleportation bang happened in front of the hotel. You see Tea Agony enter, her mane frazzled, crooked glasses, clearly angry. She spot Sugar and Sweet Echo, walk down to them almost intimidetly.

She push BOTH of them into the evalator and once the door is closed, she says: " Those girls are in so much trouble..."

Meanwhile, TEa Agony and the group finally reunite. Sugar seem to want to calm Tea Agony down but she is FUMING.

Celestia and Luna, afraid of the sight, hide behind Golden Hour. The stallion refuse to bulge and stand protectively in front of the Princesses. Frowning, he says:

" You are scaring my granddaughters, Miss Agony. Please calm down. Otherwise, I wont allow you near them."

His tone is decisive and seem like he is ready to die on that hill.

Tea Agony finally stop, glare at the girls intimidely... her horn is glowing slightly, like she's holding back from casting a spell.

(I suggest you de-escalate the situation guys )

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite stops dead in his tracks when he sees Tea Agony's expression and, well, her mane and glasses.

He raises a hoof to say something, but the situation escalates beyond his ability to run damage control rapidly. He stands in silence for a few moments during the standoff between the two Staff members before clearing his throat and cantering over to Tea Agony.
    "Ahem, I beg your pardon Ms. Agony, but... ermmm... what exactly happened to you? Perhaps if we told one another the reasons we were angry we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement?"
    He also whispers the following in her ear and jerks his head at one of the hotel workers.
    "...Also, remember where you are: it would be unwise to start what could become an international incident here, espceially with the Manor's legal status currently in qiestion."

[roll=Heart]2d6z[/roll] +1 (unless we use someone else's Heart stat by acting in harmony), +situational modifiers.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard tries to put himself in the middle to disrupt the discussion. "I recommend we try to listen to reason. we cannot emotion cloud our judgment of the current situation. We can address anything more deeply after everything has been solved."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Working in harmony here.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"Siiiiiister!!!" Sweet Echo screech happily as a distraction(!)
    and land between her and the others.
    "So much energy! You got to admire that in a pony right?" She try to smooth her.
    "But how about.... instead of doing stuff that you might regret later- (and believe me,I know everything about doing regretful things) how about that instead of that, you take a deep breath-" And Sweet Echo dare to step closer and put a supporting wing on her sister in law.
    "And try to explain, what made you so worked up, so we all can work on this together?'

----

Heart 3+talented
    (2d6+4)[6][4](10)

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar also join her father, seeing that talking wont do and some smoke come out of her mouth...

But after hearing your plights, her horn stop glowing. She takes a long breath... and hugs Sweet Echo, even for a moment. Very unusual.

Once she let her go, she use telekenesis to put back her bun together and she repair her glasses. Now only the coldness in her eyes show she is still angry, which is a good sigh.

She finally says: " I received a message that the rascals here used magic on a bodyguard of a certain Decorum. This is a old fashion name like mine and I fear the worst for it. Lesson number one: those who have old fashion names should be treated as pony with a particular background. This one is no exception. And as for my dreadful apparance, I hit the hotel magical protection while I tried to teleport back here. It hit me and I think, from the pain, I might have some internal injuries..." She raise a hoof to stop Golden Hour: " Of which we will wait to check me for until I solve this dire crisis. Because unaware of you all, I assure you it is. "

" Now, where is that piglet in question? "

(Now that Decorum is alone in his room, will you wake him up? Or is there other details you think you should mention about this ordeal? Like a certain apparition Luna and Lettersprite saw?)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo look worried she shake her head.
    "look, we have here Bubbly Doo, we can handle you get some doctoring, on you. Right?' she looked at Bubble Guard.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite lets loose a discreet sigh of relief upon the confrontation's defusal. He seems somewhat alarmed by the idea of smashing into a barrier while between... planes, or something, you know, magical, but seems to understand the severity of the situation once Tea Agony explains the reason for her frustration.
    "Then we have no time to waste: we must right this as soon as equinely possible! To which I believe we may have an... unusual solution. If you would come with me Ms. Agony I would be much obliged: we can discuss matters in greater detail while en route."

Either while walking to Decorum's room or perhaps going somewhere else if the rest of the party feels so inclined, Lettersprite gives as many details about the incident with Bastion as possible.
    "--So upon comforting young highness Luna, I was transported to some strange otherworld between spaces in which I had a rather jarring encounter with a hostile equine apparition who's features neither I nor Luna recognized. Thankfully, young highness Luna managed to escape that... location along with young master Decorum's good friend Truffles, a pig. That is, as a matter of fact, where we would like to have your talent in understanding animals applied: Truffles seemed uncomfortable with Decorum upon returning, which was... concerning given the pig's intuition for danger. We were hoping that perhaps you might be able to determine the source of Truffles' distress, and in doing so, illuminate at least a portion of this mystery."

Lettersprite pauses upon catching Tea Agony up on recent events before turning to her again and whispering a question to her.
    "...If this question is out of place, please do not feel compelled to answer it, but when you said young master Decorum is among the Big Names, which one might that be? If there are to be consequences for the events of the day, I, as a lawyer perhaps could be better prepared for what we might face if I better know the risks involved."
    Lettersprite shrugs before looking ahead.
    "I leave this to your discretion Ms. Agony."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

"Miss Agony, due to the current stakes and the fact that I cant be in two places at once. I think it would be imperative for you to keep an eye on all of the staff members currently at the hotel while I take care of the little ones." BubbleGuard replies showing a pretty serious look. "I know I can trust you to take care of my staff in the meantime."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

"Miss Agony, due to the current stakes and the fact that I cant be in two places at once. I think it would be imperative for you to keep an eye on all of the staff members currently at the hotel while I take care of the little ones." BubbleGuard replies showing a pretty serious look. "I know I can trust you to take care of my staff in the meantime."
    Tea Agony see it as Bubbles refusing to use his magic to heal her, contrary to what Sweet Echo asked from him. Adding the insult to injury, he called the staff HIS Staff!

Her eyes are cold looking at Bubbles but she nods: " Don't worry, I'll do MY part. Just point me to his room."

She listen to Lettersprite explications. To answer his question, she answer: " His parents include the royal prince favorite cousin, second in line if the royal family were too fall. But first in line if we consider they dont live in this city normally so if every branch of the Earth Pony royalty were to fall here, they would be contacted to take their place."

She knock on the door but nobody answer. Decorum doesnt answer Tea Agony voice but then Celestia ask: " You think they still asleep? "

On the other side of the door: " Wait, Celestia? Is that you? Is that miss with you? "

You all realize that Decorum didnt answer because he didnt recognize Tea Agony. As soon as the door open, Bastion in his pyjamas greet you but he seem guinely grumpy to see you guys...

(I suggest you smooth things out. Remember, he was going to take a nap and he is worried about Truffles)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite sighs and facehooves when he sees Decorum in his pyjamas. Right... he was taking a nap.
    He peeks at the colt from behind his hoof as he speaks.
    "My sincerest apologies young master Decorum, but we returned because we believe we may have a means of determining the source of Truffles' distress. My colleague here, Ms. Tea Agony, just arrived and can understand the speech of animals. That being said, I had completely forgotten that you were going to take a nap: considering that this is a possible lead in discovering the whereabouts of Bastion, we would very much like to speak to Truffles as soon as possible, though we do not wish to disturb your rest for any longer than may be necessary..."

Lettersprite looks between Decorum and Tea Agony and sighs again.
    "The choice is yours, though I implore you to grant us this one last moment of your time for the day..."

OOC: Have a Heart roll if you need one. If Tea Agony has something to add and has a better Heart score, we can act in harmony and use her attribute perhaps?
    Heart - (2d6)[4] +1 (or Agony's bonus)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course, I better put you to shape for the task." BubbleGuard replies realiing his mistake of not healing before making the request. BubbleGuard takes his bubble mix and casts his healing bubble spell.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing bubbles is a DC 8 spell.
    (2d6+3)[8]
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

As soon as Lettersprite mention "speak with animal", there is noise inside the room. When he mention "speak with Truffles, The little pig, no longer wearing his bathing suit, bypass Decorum to tackle Tea Agony, making her fall on her back with a groan of pain.

Truffles seem to excited to even notice what he did and is squealing frantically while on her belly.

Tea Agony was about to say something when the Bubbles hit her, envelopping her and Truffles... before suddenly, the magic bubble pop and get absorbed into Truffles, without healing Tea Agony.

Decorum is stunned by what happened and visibly upset. He say loudly: " TRUFFLES! That is NOT a way to treat a lady! What is going on with you today ?! Im sorry miss, my little Truffles is is feeling under the weather today, he had a very stressful day. "

Tea Agony reply: " ...That's because he isn't your Truffles. But it spoke too fast, I need to - OW! My back."

Decorum, who was about to get Truffles back, stop before reaching out to grab it. He look at you guys suspiciously. Sugar does however, swiftly grab the pig and hold it midair. The Pig desesperatly try to escape her graps but is unable to. She warm him with a low growl and in a threatening voice: " If you dont behave, I'll turn you into bacon. "

At that threat, little Truffles calm down but there is tears at the corner of his eyes, looking at Tea Agony with desperation. Golden Hour frown and very assertively says: " that is enough Tea Agony! You are injured and you need healing NOW! I will no longer stand aside while we ignore this matter! Especially since you might have a back injury! Bubbles, please, heal her immediately! "

Tea Agony try to get up but it seem to painful to do so... She look embarassed and in pain. From her mane, little Elusive, her pet magical moth, get out and whizzle around curiously.

Luna and Celestia look at each other's, a bit confused at everything that just happened.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite is visibly surprised by Truffles' sudden tackling of his recent employer, but is more concerned by what she reveals about "Truffles" and her antagonistic attitude towards the pig in front of Decorum.

He puts what he hopes is a reassuring hoof on Decorum's shoulder before looking to Tea Agony.
    "Ms. Agony: please, so not threaten this pig in front of Decorum! Let us... let us all calm down a touch. We've all had a pants day and it isn't over yet, but if we think this through, we may yet find our answers."

Lettersprite looks to Decorum and shakes his head in sympathy.
    "You have my deepest sympathies: this was not how you expected your day to go..."

After a brief pause, Lettersprite looks to Tea Agony again.
    "You say this is not Young Master Decorum's pig: who is this pig then? Moreover, I believe I saw a spell enter this pig that seems to have been intended for you? For your wounds I take it? If so, does this pig need immediate medical attention?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echo's ears folded as Agony more or less ignored her pleas.
    "Sis! Doesn't shouldn't Midnight have a healthy mommy?¤

------
    My previouse Avater