New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Age of Worms - The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Now, we are all settled - what do you have to report?" High Priest Demien asks, sitting in his own chair and looking at the party intently.
    "Sir!" Lydia nods smartly, then her posture relaxes somewhat as she begins to tell her tale. "As you are aware, some weeks ago I was dispatched to the mining village of Diamond Lake in order to investigate reports of heightened undead activity in the area. Some among us thought this activity could be evidence of a particularly fanciful doomsday theory - the so-called Age of Worms - which preaches a coming onslaught of un-killable worms in company with an enormous army of then undead. Others among us were... skeptical." She pauses a beat, glancing at the faces of the assembled elders and remembering some of the heated exchanges over whether this mission was worth pursuing at all. Standing in front of them again, she can still remember the sting of shame and outrage over being assigned to such a backwater errand... Involuntarily her eyes dart towards War-Priest Priscilla, wanting to see how her sometimes-mentor and would-be-idol is reacting so far.

She clears her throat and continues. "Sir Frederick was known to be operating in the region already, so my first step was to make contact with him. I learned that he and his companions have encountered these worms before as well as a special kind of undead that they attract, and in the days since joining him I have witnessed more of them myself. Battled them, in fact. They are... formidable" Her hand clenches in a fist as she remembers her uncharacteristic flight away from enemies at Filge's farm, and the supernatural terror that struck her to her very core. Inwardly she hopes she can leave that part out of the report...

Her voice hardens and she slowly makes eye contact with each of the elders as she continues. "Honored Paragons, I admit I was skeptical myself when I began this mission. But now I will say it plainly - I believe the threat is real. These worms, and the undead they imbue, are unlike anything I've seen before. Their rise is too sudden and their activity too furtive to be explained away by mere coincidence. Something unnatural is happening, and it bodes ill for the realm if the Valorous Host does not act. We don't fully understand the natural of the undead or the scope of the threat yet but there is a name associated all of this - 'Kyuss'. We believe it refers to some ancient power or powers, long dormant, that are now trying to reassert their influence in the realm of man. Why it is happening now, I cannot say."

She turns to indicate her companions and takes a small step backwards. "From here my allies will be better able to explain certain of the details. Battle-mage Marzena here, formerly of the garrison at Blackwall Keep, was a pupil of the wizard Allustan - she possesses a minor talent for prophecy and has better insight into the nature of this 'Kyuss' than I. Doctor Olofire may be the world's foremost expert on the physiology of these worms - already he has been able to devise alchemical compounds uniquely suited to disrupting them. You know Sir Frederick, of course - he has faced the worst of these abominations head-on in battle and can speak of their strength and capabilities. And Miss Janstina is, well... Jan."
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2021-02-05 at 10:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick spends most of Lydia's report with a relatively benign scowl. He is more than respectful and wise enough to wait until it seems she's done speaking before adding any comments of his own.

Finally, when Jan is mentioned in less-than stellar terms, the broad-shouldered paladin openly snorts. "Apologies, honored elders. Lydia is... uh, new to our little party. Jan has proven her mettle and ability many times already. I would never have been survived some of the things we've faced without her timely and clever aid. As they say, 'it takes all types'."

He breathes in and out slowly before adding his own thoughts. "It seems the free city has been blessedly left off the front lines so far. While there were some issues in Diamond Lake, many of the small hamlets we traveled through on the way here were left much worse off. Many farmsteads have been ruined entirely by the endless swarms of worms hiding in and defiling the soil beneath their very feet. Countless streams and lakes are full of dead or poisonous fish."

He glances at Marzena briefly before deciding to comment on Blackwall Keep. "As you may know, the garrison at Blackwall was likewise impacted, and from both sides. A nearby tribe of lizard folk had been infiltrated by a young black dragon seeking to subjugate them to her will with the use of these hideous worms. They besieged the keep for some time, stealing away several soldiers in their unlikely and ill-advised offensive. Further, the tribe lost most of, if not an entire generation of young to the pervasive influence of this worm-minded dragon. Even worse, when we returned to the keep with the rescued soldiers- of whom Marzena was one- we found one of these 'Kyuss' spawns in the basement. A single spawn had claimed two trained soldiers in as many days and turned them into more of its kind. It was... for us, a difficult fight. Had we not arrived when we did, the entire keep would certainly now be manned exclusively by the undead." He scowls deeply at the thought, giving Marzena an opportunity to confirm his claims.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+7)[8] since this is essentially a grand request for aid

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

You're better on the field of battle than the salon, my friend. Marzena sighs inwardly. She knows she lacks the talent to make up for Frederick's clumsiness - apologizing for Lydia's introduction, what were you thinking! - but she isn't about to let that stop her from telling the unvarnished truth.

"Thank you, Reverend Constantine. Sir Frederick." She bows. Her piercing gaze surveys the elders and the High Priest. She doesn't know any of them, but she knows the type. People of power and influence. Hieroneans are known for their honor, their soldier's mindset, and their readiness to go on crusades to crush evil, but there's always the chance that age and the burden of bureaucracy could dampen the most energetic spirit. We need these guys' help.

"Revered elders, my lord High Priest," she begins, "I won't mince words. I have found that old prophecy, the Age of Worms, in the Harrow cards. Now you may think that's a child's game, and sometime it is. But not when the reading is backed by direct experience. The prophecy is ancient, but it's about to come to pass, soon. The cards are but the most modest portent of the peril.

Here's what we know, because we have seen it with our own eyes.

The spawn, they look just like zombies, but with worms coming out of their bodies, especially the eye sockets. Not a pretty sight. But they're not zombies, they're much stronger, and they have intelligence. We heard them speak, calling out to Kyuss by name. They're obsessed with making others like them out of the living. I'll never forget when we found those three in Blackwall's basement. "more soldiers...spread the worms...come meet Kyuss...", that's what they were saying. And in the fight, they were able to think tactically."
    She lets that sink in.

"They are a lot harder to kill than normal zombies. Their wounds self-repair, fast. The exude fear, an irresistible terror, and I can tell you without shame, Sir Frederick is the only one among us who's been able to resist the urge to flee in a panic when we see one. And the worst, is the worms. They crawl on one's skin, dig, and burrow into the flesh. They reach the brain quickly, and once that happens, well... We haven't seen anyone being transformed into a spawn, but we have seen the result, an entire family, turned into undead monsters and ready to spread their curse further. Oh, and the spawn can throw their worms at some distance, too.

Then there's the weird situations with worms, seemingly normal ones, that we found on our way from Diamond Lake. As Sir Frederick explained: abandoned farmstead, worm-infested ponds, fields full with many times more of them than normal... Dead birds... And then, the most creepy of it all, we heard in Ery Crossings. The children. At play, just like normal children. But the song they sing, that's not normal!

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,
    The worms play knucklebones on your snout.

They eat up your eyes, they eat up your nose,
    They eat up the jelly between your toes.

They couldnt explain where they heard that, but I'm pretty darn sure no child ever invented those rhymes. When I heard that, that's when I was sure the cards weren't kidding. Here's what's burned in my mind, words I keep hearing over and over:

Through them all the worm that walks dreams, waiting the day its heralds rouse it to feed on all that is..."

She falls silent, and looks at the assembled priests in the eyes, one by one, looking for signs of understanding.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    "And Miss Janstina is, well... Jan."
    For a heartbeat, Jan gawks, open-mouthed, at the Heironean battle-priestess... and then very nearly falls out of her chair, with loud guffaws of deep (for the tiny sorceress), throaty laughter. After several seconds of the laughter, in comparative incongruity with the solemnity of the Heironean leadership (not to mention the party's errand), the gnome recovers herself, chuckling weakly beneath her breath. "And all this time, I thought you had no sense of humor..." she murmurs to herself, wiping away the tears that had gathered at the corners of her wide-set eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "Apologies, honored elders. Lydia is... uh, new to our little party. Jan has proven her mettle and ability many times already. I would never have been survived some of the things we've faced without her timely and clever aid. As they say, 'it takes all types'."
    Jan smiles in faux embarrassment before beaming broadly at Frederick's praise. "Well, I know a few tricks that've come in handy now and then," she volunteers, in a dismissive tone, before trailing off to allow the others to continue their remarks.

It is a much more serious tone with which Jan next speaks. "It's... it's bad. The... the rot that these worms fester in seems to be a lot broader than one would think. There's little pockets, sure, but, but, the fish that are being caught already half-dead and worm-ridden, they crawl right out of the ground if it rained overnight, and it's all over the place. It's more like a plague than an attack, but it's a plague with intelligence.

We ran into... an old 'friend',
    " the gnome's choice of words is clearly diplomatic, "on the road who is also something of an alchemist, and... a wizard. Specializing in, erm, somewhat darker pursuits than I imagine your church strictly sanctions. Anyway," she exhales, shaking her head at the moral complexities of the situation, "my point is, he's been watching, and observing, and it's as though whatever dark force animates these worms is guiding these "spawn" to make little, hidden nests of themselves. In forgotten cellars, little-traveled family properties on the outskirts of villages, things like that. Basically just enough to be present, but not enough to cause trouble- or stir up notice." she looks at the Heironean dignitaries with a raised eyebrow for emphasis.

"Whatever- or whoever- is behind these worms is making a big play- and playing for keeps. It might already be too late... but if it's not, we still don't have a moment to lose getting ahead of whatever it's trying to do. Which, honestly, sounds like "worms eating through all that used to live"." The sudden matter-of-factness as the gnome's speech lapses seems to hint that even as she lays out the threat, a true grasp of its enormity continues to elude her.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Diplomacy to ask for aid, I guess: (1d20+12)[32]
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Lydia waits patiently while the others make their introductions. Sensing Olofire's hesitation, she clears her throat and makes an introduction on his behalf. "And this is Doctor Olofire Lightouch, a surgeon of some renown and a graduate of the alchemical arts here in Greyhawk. He has been conducting research on the nature of the worms and I believe his insights will be quite interesting to the elders." She pauses for a moment, reflecting that none has addressed Demien's question about deities. "Truth be told they're not the most pious lot," she spreads her hands, "but they have proven to be quite capable, and have shown their valor in battle. In deed if not in word, I believe they have some affinity for the Valorous Knight, himself."
    Olofire mimics Marzena's bow towards the elders, not wishing to offend. Still he looks around the great halls trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible, uncomfortable at being in a place of reverence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    "Revered elders, my lord High Priest," she begins, "I won't mince words. I have found that old prophecy, the Age of Worms, in the Harrow cards. Now you may think that's a child's game, and sometime it is. But not when the reading is backed by direct experience. The prophecy is ancient, but it's about to come to pass, soon. The cards are but the most modest portent of the peril.

Here's what we know, because we have seen it with our own eyes.

The spawn, they look just like zombies, but with worms coming out of their bodies, especially the eye sockets. Not a pretty sight. But they're not zombies, they're much stronger, and they have intelligence. We heard them speak, calling out to Kyuss by name. They're obsessed with making others like them out of the living. I'll never forget when we found those three in Blackwall's basement. "more soldiers...spread the worms...come meet Kyuss...", that's what they were saying. And in the fight, they were able to think tactically."
    She lets that sink in.

"They are a lot harder to kill than normal zombies. Their wounds self-repair, fast. The exude fear, an irresistible terror, and I can tell you without shame, Sir Frederick is the only one among us who's been able to resist the urge to flee in a panic when we see one. And the worst, is the worms. They crawl on one's skin, dig, and burrow into the flesh. They reach the brain quickly, and once that happens, well... We haven't seen anyone being transformed into a spawn, but we have seen the result, an entire family, turned into undead monsters and ready to spread their curse further. Oh, and the spawn can throw their worms at some distance, too.
    Thank you Marzena, that is a very accurate account of what I have observed as well. However I would like to add on, that while we have not witnessed someone being transformed into these spawn, we did witness the beginning of a transformation. While inspecting the tribe of lizardfolk where the black dragon had spread it's and Kyuss' influence, another friend from the University was infected by these worms after the lizardfolk chief breathed a stream of worms onto him. The transformation is excruciating as worms burrow and move towards the brain. Were it not for the lizardfolk shaman's assistance removing the disease, he would have become one of these spawn as well. In fact, I wonder if the disease could be removed from one of these spawn. That wouldn't be able to bring them back from death, but perhaps it could remove the threat of the worms. Frederick, we should experiment with this the next time we encounter them. He immediately pulls out some paper to take notes on this new thought preferring to keep his gaze down, but still listening into the conversation.

6. - Top - End - #36

NecromancerGuy

The elders of the Church of the Shining One listen quietly, their expressions carefully controlled as they look at each speaker in turn. When Jan bursts into laughter there is a moment of apparent confusion, as the five church leaders look to each other for some indication of what was so funny, but they return their attention without breaking their strict military bearing when Jan begins to speak in earnest.

As Dr. Lightouch finishes speaking the five elders take a moment, each making eye contact with the others solemnly. After several moments the fifth elder, whom none of the party know, speaks up. "I have some questions, but first I feel I should introduce myself. I am Head Inquisitor Wulfgar Ulric. I do not know any of you, but your story speaks well of your heroics and pure motives. You have done well so far, though I am concerned that you may have been deceived.

You see, the so-called 'Age of Worms' is not a new apocalyptic prophesy. The writings predicting it have been around for hundreds of years and spawned several cults and movements within the evil faiths of our world. Have any of you heard of the 'Ebon Triad?'
    " asks the silver-haired, stone-faced inquisitor. As he sees several of you nod in confirmation he continues. "The devotees of this insane sect believe they can, through mortal power, force three powerful deities into an amalgamation that would herald in the Age of Worms. However devout their beliefs may be, such ideas are not just heretical, they are blatantly impossible. There have been rumors of divine aspects of the Ebon Triad forming, but such aspects lack the spark of true divinity, dangerous though they may be. I see from some of your expressions that you have some experience, perhaps with a cell of this mad cult.

Well, it is exactly this sort of madness that undermines the validity of the prophecies about the Age of Worms. In the past, when portents of the end of the world arise they have proven false. The signs were there, they were even recognized as such by well intended heroes such as yourselves, but they were not actually heralding any such dark times.
    " Head Inquisitor Ulric takes a deep breath before looking at you all with a piercing gaze that leaves no doubt that he could divine the truth from you by force if needed. "So, I ask you the following questions:

One - Have you evidence - concrete, tangible evidence - beyond your honest testimonies that the Age of Worms is coming?
    Two - Beyond undead whispers, children's songs, and occult Harrow readings, where have you heard of the accursed name of 'Kyuss?'
    ...and Three - Who was this 'friend' that knows so much about the Spawn of Kyuss? Is this person trustworthy, in spite of their dark pursuits? Were they a necromancer, and if so, where are they now?
    "

The man asks this last bit with an even tone that suggests he doesn't feel the need to raise his voice to make an unspoken threat clear - your answer to his last question matters...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Lydia inclines her head respectfully at Ulric's introduction, but her expression quickly turns to a grimace as the questioning leads back to Filge.

"So, I ask you the following questions:

One - Have you evidence - concrete, tangible evidence - beyond your honest testimonies that the Age of Worms is coming?
    Two - Beyond undead whispers, children's songs, and occult Harrow readings, where have you heard of the accursed name of 'Kyuss?'
    ...and Three - Who was this 'friend' that knows so much about the Spawn of Kyuss? Is this person trustworthy, in spite of their dark pursuits? Were they a necromancer, and if so, where are they now?
    "
    "The evidence is what you have just heard, honored inquisitor," she begins. "The pieces are small in isolation, yes: crops failing, undead rising, the worms in the middle of it all. But they add up to something greater, consistent with the prochecy. What other proof could there be? I can't promise that this particular prophecy is in fact occurring but something is - the undead threat is real, and I believe the church needs to act decisively to crush it before it spreads further! As for the name 'Kyuss', I don't know..." she glances down a moment, ashamed at her knowledge being inequate.

Her face bares an unmistakable scowl when it rises again. "The man's name is Filge Hoffman. He's a scoundrel and a coward and he is not to be trusted!" she exclaims indignantly. Her face involuntarily turns towards Frederick for a moment. " But, in his own twisted way, I think he truly believes that he is acting selflessly to thwart the threat of Kyuss. He practices the dark arts of necromancy, yes-" she looks up quickly to catch the faces of the elders and hurries to explain herself "-but I did not converse with him out of desire, only necessity! There was an innocent there when we encountered him, a child, who would have been harmed in an outright confrontation. And he has provided helpful intelligence..." She sighs, clearly still struggling internally with the necessary compromise. "Besides this, he bears a supernatural affliction - his human body is gone, replaced by a mass of writhing, twisting worms. He doesn't know why or how... I told him that the church would be his best chance at a cure if he would forsake the dark arts, repent, and throw himself at the mercy of the Archpaladin." She swallows and meets Ulric's unsettling gaze, and knows that she has to finish speaking the truth. "He waits for a message from us a few days from here, near the village of Fork." She finishes and holds her head up stiffly, inwardly bracing for a rebuke but prepared to face it bravely.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2021-02-08 at 08:57 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"The evidence is what you have just heard, honored inquisitor," she begins. "The pieces are small in isolation, yes: crops failing, undead rising, the worms in the middle of it all. But they add up to something greater, consistent with the prochecy. What other proof could there be? I can't promise that this particular prophecy is in fact occurring but something is - the undead threat is real, and I believe the church needs to act decisively to crush it before it spreads further! As for the name 'Kyuss', I don't know..." she glances down a moment, ashamed at her knowledge being inequate.
    "If you require physical evidence, then take a look at these." The little doctor reaches into his pack producing the flask of worms extracted from the potions. "These worms were hidden within potions gifted to the lizardfolk from the black dragon mentioned before. Had someone imbibed the magical properties, they would have gained the benefit of the potion, yes. But they also would have been infected by the worm and been turned into a Spawn of Kyuss. He holds the flask up turning it around so that the worms are plainly visible. But he does not hand it over. Once he believes that each has had a good look at the flask of worms. he returns it to his pack on his back.

Her face bares an unmistakable scowl when it rises again. "The man's name is Filge Hoffman. He's a scoundrel and a coward and he is not to be trusted!" she exclaims indignantly. Her face involuntarily turns towards Frederick for a moment. " But, in his own twisted way, I think he truly believes that he is acting selflessly to thwart the threat of Kyuss. He practices the dark arts of necromancy, yes-" she looks up quickly to catch the faces of the elders and hurries to explain herself "-but I did not converse with him out of desire, only necessity! There was an innocent there when we encountered him, a child, who would have been harmed in an outright confrontation. And he has provided helpful intelligence..." She sighs, clearly still struggling internally with the necessary compromise. "Besides this, he bears a supernatural affliction - his human body is gone, replaced by a mass of writhing, twisting worms. He doesn't know why or how... I told him that the church would be his best chance at a cure if he would forsake the dark arts, repent, and throw himself at the mercy of the Archpaladin." She swallows and meets Ulric's unsettling gaze, and knows that she has to finish speaking the truth. "He waits for a message from us a few days from here, near the village of Fork." She finishes and holds her head up stiffly, inwardly bracing for a rebuke but prepared to face it bravely.
    Dr. Olofire scrunches his face as he listens to Lydia describe Filge. "Your.. honors? While Mr. Hoffman is not a pious man, he is a scholarly man. And though he expertise is in necromancy, that specialty does give him a unique understanding of these undead. His affliction came about when trying to better understand and hopefully help thwart this Age of Worms. Unfortunately, his experiment backfired and he bears that curse today as he buries his family. All killed and resurrected by these worms." He pauses as he attempts to read their faces. "He might be of use to us in ending this prophecy before it comes to pass with his unique perspective in undeath. He would like help removing his affliction if possible. Lastly, the child that Lydia mentioned, is Mr. Hoffman's little sister. The only surviving member of his family."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Not good at face stuff but here goes! If needed:
    Sense Motive (1d20+5)[20]
    Persuasion (1d20-1)[16]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    Frederick, we should experiment with this the next time we encounter them.
    Frederick snorts. "I appreciate the vote of confidence, but it was no minor feat simply to survive and overcome the spawn we've already met. We might try, but the effort could well prove fatal..."

Frederick looks distinctly unhappy as the elders begin to respond. One lip twitches into a sneer at mention of the ebon triad, and the memory of the high price paid that day. He nods, not trusting himself to speak directly to the issue.

"Honored elders, lest it be misunderstood, there are... other reasons we avoided direct conflict with the necromancer. It's certainly true that his sister was in peril, and we had just finished slaying the vile remains of his entire family. But there are other reasons as well. From simple pragmatics, I don't believe we would have been victorious had we pressed the issue. After wading through the remains of his family, I was unable to further call upon the Inheritor's will. I watched Docter Olofire slice into Filge's ribs, and I watched the man ignore the blow entirely. He didn't even laugh, the impact was so negligible. Without calling down the righteousness of Heironeous, as only I can, I doubt my allies are capable of inflicting injury upon him. Add to that his ability with wizardry, and he quickly rendered my strength insufficient to the task- though I find it noteworthy in and of itself that he didn't dispatch us." He frowns deeply, thinking back to the events and considering his next words very carefully.

When he raises his eyes to meet the elders, there is a steel in him that only Jan and Olofire have previously seen. Only in the moments before he released Balabar Smenk has this depth of righteous inspiration been on display. "I know Filge to be an evil man, and an active practitioner of hideous arts, but I believe him to be a victim as much as a criminal. With time, I believe he could be a worthy aid to our cause. And with help, perhaps more importantly, I believe he could be a good man. I... consider, perhaps, what I might have been, with the kind of upbringing and education Filge got."

10. - Top - End - #40

Marzena feels a little duty-bound to speak up, for reasons that aren't clear to her. I suppose Filge deserves the truth, if he's to be executed.

She nods at Frederick's last comment, and adds: "Look, I hadn't met the man before. He freely admits to being a necromancer, and to views that are... er... distinctly not Heironean. But his affection for the little girl, his sister, was real. He was quite prepared to accept anything from us, provided she was saved, and provided that she wouldn't have to see him in his... worm state. When I compared what he was and the language in the prophecy, well... He swore he didn't want to be the harbinger of it, but he recognized how much he looks like the description. He said, if we really believe he is a forerunner of the coming of Kyuss, he wanted us to either help undo his transformation, or... end him.

We didn't know how to make his body human again. We didn't feel like we had the right to end him there and then, even if we had been strong enough to do so, and as Sir Frederick mentioned, it was far from a certain thing.

So... Well, we decided to report to wiser and stronger people than we are. So, there, you have it, pretty much."
    Her eyes are sad, trying to assess the elders' reactions.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jan nods sorrowfully. "Filge... has had a rough go of it. And he's made mistakes. A lot of mistakes. Some of them pretty bad." The gnome's face blanches somewhat, remembering some of the grim scenes before their first encounter. "But I for one think Frederick is right. He's still got something like a heart in there, he was sincerely worried about his sister, I think about as much that she'd see him in his current state as about her safety. He's also got a pretty strong motivation to fight all this 'Kyuss' and 'age of worms' stuff, if it means there's hope to restore his body. Even if you folk are skeptical, and, y'know, understandably so, about his trustworthiness, it has to be worthwhile to check him out, pick his brain, that kind of thing."

Show
    This feels like a second, discrete request for aid, or perhaps clemency toward Filge: (1d20+12)[21]

12. - Top - End - #42

NecromancerGuy

The expressions on the gathered elders, especially Head Inquisitor Ulric, grow darker and more troubled as the party recounts their interactions with Filge. They take the worms offered to them by Olofire, handling them gingerly and inspecting them closely. High Priest Demien obviously invokes some magic - immediately recognized by Lydia as Detect Magic, followed by Diagnose Disease - as he looks at the green, segmented worms suspiciously. The evidence is considered while the PCs recount their story, and as Jan finishes speaking several of them sigh heavily. When one of them speaks again, it is the female, War-Priest Holly, who breaks the silence.

"I will be frank and direct - I don't like this, but recognize both the need for discretion when choosing your battles and the desire to honor genuine repentance in a foe. I do not know of this man, Filge Hoffman, nor would the church have records of him unless he had a serious history of violence against the innocent. Fellow elders, do any of you know the name?" she asks, turning to each of them and watching them all shake their heads, 'no.' Turning back to the party she continues, "Necromancy is not outright evil, though the use of undead and certain spells clearly is. Have you all witnessed this Filge command undead?"

At this, several in the party answer in the affirmative and War-Priest Holly continues. "But he did not command the spawn of Kyuss when you found him?"

The party confirms that Filge did not, leaving the War-Priest looking even more uncomfortable. "Then it appears he may, in fact, be attempting to change for the better...As I said, I do not like it, but am loathe to force you all to attempt to apprehend him or turn him over by force to the church. Is he a 'worm-that-walks?' If so, he is very dangerous, both to those he intends to harm and potentially by accident to others. Madness plagues those so changed and the swarm of worms is very dangerous indeed..."

As War-Priest Holly trails off in thought the odd one of the elders, Lord Venderbilt, stands and walks in a short circuit speaking as he does. "The issue here is simple - what action is to be taken, by all of you, by the Host of the Shining One, and specifically by this council of elders. Without a clear and present target, the Host cannot go to war - there is no army of undead to defeat. It appears you all have a plan - what is it? And what do you ask of us in support of your efforts to stop the Age of Worms? If it is coming, we must help you. If this is another false-fulfillment of prophecy, it may still be significant enough to warrant our help. You have made your report - have you requests of us?"

As the Shining Blade asks his questions, four of the elders nod and look at the party with expressions that aren't exactly encouraging, but are at least open to what you have to say. The Head Inquisitor scowls, but presents no counter argument. He's clearly not convinced, but recognizes that his concerns have not swayed the other elders.

Spoiler: Knowledge (Religion) DC 30 (DC 25 for Lydia and Frederick)
    Show
    As an inquisitor, Wulfgar Ulric will be free to pursue the course he thinks best, regardless of the decision of the other elders. The Church's dogma states that any actions he, or any other inquistor, takes in an effort to keep the church pure of heart and mind will be blessed by Heironeous. He is not bound to help the party, at least not directly or in the way that the other elders plan.

Spoiler: Sense Motive DC 25
    Show
    Head Inquisitor Ulric does not think you all are lying, but does not appear to believe that the Age of Worms is imminent. He also seems very concerned about Filge and may take action to neutralize the threat, if he deems it necessary. Ulric could be a powerful and dangerous force that could complicate your efforts, though he doesn't appear to consider you all enemies - merely well-intentioned, deceived would-be-heroes.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick listens closely, nodding and shaking his head as questions are raised and answered. His expression is somber, downcast, when he responds. "A assure you, honored elders, I like nothing about this, either. If I knew of a simple answer, you would have it." He glances around at his companions, unsure of his apparent role as spokesperson.

"We have a few other contacts here in the city we need to meet, a colleague of Allustan the mage. I believe Olofire plans to seek help from some of the professors at the university- or at least use their more robust laboratories for his own research. Beyond that, we seek to root out these pockets of Spawn, and hopefully find and destroy Kyuss before he can be raised anew..."

He smirks, an ugly thing despite its relative comfort on his face. "I am, frankly, not the brains of this operation."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"The issue here is simple - what action is to be taken, by all of you, by the Host of the Shining One, and specifically by this council of elders. Without a clear and present target, the Host cannot go to war - there is no army of undead to defeat. It appears you all have a plan - what is it?"
    Jan opens her lips as though to speak... and then freezes in place, eyes widened in something resembling panic. After a moment, she seems to recover, but holds her peace while the elders finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "I am, frankly, not the brains of this operation."
    Jan chuckles weakly. "I guess that counts me out as well. Hopefully Olof's labs and doctor friends will shed some light on these worms, or at least fighting them, and Allustan's colleague might have a clue or two for us."

She scratches her chin thoughtfully. "I guess... if we're going to be investigating these things, it seems very likely that those of us not blessed by the Archpaladin with supernatural courage could use some bolstering along those lines. Do you have items that ward the bearer from fear available? For purchase, maybe?"

15. - Top - End - #45

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    Do you have items that ward the bearer from fear available? For purchase, maybe?"
    Or as a token of good faith, as our own resources have already been put forth towards the cause of ending this threat?

Spoiler: Diplomacy?
    Show

First sense motive DC 25
    (1d20+5)[12]
    Then Diplomacy
    (1d20-1)[11]

16. - Top - End - #46

Brains of the operation. Inwardly, Marzena rolls her eyes at Frederick and Jan. You just proved the contrary, you know. Anyways...

She clears her throat, and turns to Lord Venderbilt. "My Lord, I have to say, we don't have that much of a plan. Indeed, we recognize that we lack sufficient information to affirm with certainty that the Age of Worms is imminent. Much less, what to do about it, should it turn out to be the case.

Hence, our main plan is to gather more information here in the Free City, reaching out to whoever might know more than we do, as Sir Frederick just described.

It is our hope that we will find out more, and that could point us towards the next step.

Then, when it comes to help, yes, Miss Janstina is correct, spells or wards against supernatural fear could make the difference between our success and, well... becoming worm-infested zombies. Expunging the worms physically, that we can handle, but the fear that grips the mind..."
    She shivers slightly at the memory... "Has proven to be the worst danger."

17. - Top - End - #47

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    "I guess... if we're going to be investigating these things, it seems very likely that those of us not blessed by the Archpaladin with supernatural courage could use some bolstering along those lines. Do you have items that ward the bearer from fear available? For purchase, maybe?"
    As players you will need to identify specific items you would like to purchase. The Church of Heironeous in Greyhawk City has the resources to get most anything that can be gotten, but you will need to select what you want to use and be able to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    Or as a token of good faith, as our own resources have already been put forth towards the cause of ending this threat?
    Nice try, but not going to happen for free yet. There is still enough doubt here that they're not going to be that generous. Healing for free? Sure. Preemptive defense against fear in the form of a magic item? No.

The elders nod and look at each other for confirmation. High Inquisitor Ulric remains grim, though the others appear used to it and smile reassuringly. High Priest Demien speaks again to the party, saying, "Searching for wisdom is an excellent beginning. I do not know this 'Allustan' of whom you speak, but there are many knowledgeable sages in Greyhawk. If one of his contacts can help you, then go with the blessing of the Shining One. As for magical protection against fear, this can come in several forms. What do you wish to purchase, specifically? I will have one of the Blessed fetch them and you can buy them tomorrow...

In the meantime, will you ask us to send someone to approach this...Filge...or do you wish to handle this on your own? For now we will respect your wishes, though I will recommend High Inquisitor Ulric send a capable team to Fork to help the townsfolk prepare defenses. Not to search him out, yet, but to ensure that the locals are safe. Should the...man...lose control we will have champions there to help, but otherwise he will be left undisturbed.
    "

If you have any additional questions or concerns to share, please post accordingly. Otherwise, the audience will end and you will be free to go.

As the party leaves the Sanctum of Heironeous the sun shines brightly, its heat a pleasant feeling on everyone's faces. The meeting seems to have gone well, and everyone feels a little better, at least. In spite of the large breakfast, several of the PCs find their stomachs rumbling with hunger, so everyone heads back towards the Low Market to find something to eat. As they approach the last intersection before the square they find the way ahead packed with a throng of people. Everyone is straining their necks and cheering as a pair of jugglers, preceded by a large metal cage, makes its way down a cross street. The parade continues to roll past, displaying the talents of numerous street performers and various caged beasts. One large and extravagant cage on a horse-drawn wagon actually consists of two cages, one within the other. The inner cage is made of iron bars, with panes of glass mounted outside the bars on all four sides. Within is a three-headed monster with the heads of a goat, a lion, and a brilliant blue dragon. As the parade trundles along, the beast roars over and over as its dragon head blasts the iron cage with bolts of electricity that play along the metal bars.

Spoiler: Knowledge (Local) DC 10
    Show
    This is an annual parade celebrating the upcoming Champion's Games that take place in the Greyhawk Arena in several weeks. It makes its way throughout town to inspire excitement for the yearly event and begin a series of parties and minor holidays prior to the first day of the games.

Spoiler: DC 15
    Show
    This event is notorious for attracting unsavory characters interested in preying upon visitors to the Free City.

Spoiler: Perception DC 27
    Show
    You see a pair of pickpockets working the crowd nearby. They have not targeted any of the party, yet, but are certainly thieves at best...

Spoiler: Knowledge (Arcana) DC 17
    Show
    The caged monster is a Chimera with a Blue Dragon head. Such creatures are nasty, violent monsters with enough intelligence to resent being used as a side show spectacle.

Spoiler: Knowledge (Engineering) DC 20
    Show
    Though the glass panes prevent the monster's breath weapon from hitting any of the assembled crown, repeated use is likely to weaken the iron bars of the inner cage, possibly allowing the beast to break free...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick is obviously surprised when the elders ask for their input regarding Filge. He frowns for a long time before choosing his words. "He and I have... some history," the paladin murmurs. Scowling, he pauses for several seconds again. "I... feel responsible for taking care of it, one way or another. As for Fork, the people have been warned and demonstrated surprising canny and resources. I'm sure they would benefit from an official, sanctioned presence of our people, however. I, too, would be relieved by such a gesture."

Frederick merely watches the spectacle without much expression. As it drags on, he frowns slightly, frustrated by the delay in acquiring lunch.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Frederick can only succeed at the dc 10 local, and would probably just know it having lived there for some time.

He also wouldn't be super inclined to comment or care, so *shrugs* XD

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"In the meantime, will you ask us to send someone to approach this...Filge...or do you wish to handle this on your own? For now we will respect your wishes, though I will recommend High Inquisitor Ulric send a capable team to Fork to help the townsfolk prepare defenses. Not to search him out, yet, but to ensure that the locals are safe. Should the...man...lose control we will have champions there to help, but otherwise he will be left undisturbed."
    Jan squirms uncomfortably. "Well... I'm hoping that our next clue points us back in the direction of Fork. Filge is obviously in an... uncomfortable situation here, and I know I'd feel better speaking to him myself. But if that's not how it plays out... just make sure he knows that we sent you, ok? And... give him a chance, that's all."

Their meeting apparently concluded, Jan pads dutifully out of the conference room along with her companions. "That was kind of anticlimactic. Maybe the other mage will have something..." she trails off as the caged creature comes into view. "Wow... that's a chimera!!" the gnome squeals excitedly. "But... gosh, from what I've heard they're smart enough that I bet he really hates being in that cage. Explains the lightning breath..."

The gnome swallows uncomfortably as the procession continues, clearly preoccupied with the chimera.

20. - Top - End - #50

Marzena politely takes her leave from the elders, confident that the group found at least some sympathetic ears. "That went well", she says, when the group is back in the Free City's bustling streets. "Say, those church leaders are impressive people, aren't they? But they were fair to us and our crazy story. If we gather better information, I think we can go back to them... Hey! Look!" She stops, as the big parade moves into sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(Arcana) (1d20+16)[21]
    Knowledge(Local) (1d20+6)[26]
    Perception (1d20+11)[19]
    She doesn't have the ranks to try Engineering.

"Look at that! It's for the Champions' Games! Wow, that's quite a show they're putting this year. I think the Games are in a few weeks, these guys sure know how to stir the crowd's curiosity... And yes, right you are, Jan! It's a chimera! I sure don't want to be among those who will face it in the arena!"

She pauses briefly, and, in a lower tone, adds: "You may want to watch for pickpockets. This is a huge event, all sorts of people will gather in the city. Unavoidably, they'll include some scoundrels and more, in search of a quick bit of gold."
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2021-02-20 at 02:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Of course it went well! I told you that the elders of Heironeous are the wisest leaders in the realm! Although Lord Venderbilt is right... without a clear enemy to march against, the Valorous Host itself cannot yet go to war..." She frowns, lost in thought as the serene stonework of the Sanctum gives way to the bustle and noise of Greyhawk proper.

"Oh, yes, the Games." Lydia looks up in time to see the spectacle of the parade. "Largely it just means that the streets will be even more crowded than usual. Come along, now. Oh, and keep a hand on your coin purse - Marzena is right about the pickpockets." She continues weaving her way through the crowded streets, expecting the others to follow her.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Olofire, deep in thought after their meeting, walks quietly among them shaking his head now and then. He looks up to at the mention of a chimera, but doesn't seem to show much interest in much more of the hustle and bustle of the parade. Although he does pull on his pack's straps some at the mention of pickpockets. Still he follows the group towards their next destination.

23. - Top - End - #53

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Beginning of Round 1
    Show

The PCs are next to the blue arrows, the hostile (to the PCs or general people around) are next to the red arrows.

Spoiler: Perception Checks, DC 21 or 37 (lol!)
    Show
    You see that Frederick (DC 21) and(?) Lydia (DC 37) have been pick-pocketed! Frederick is missing a Potion of Cure Light Wounds and Lydia's purse has been cut open, spilling coins on the ground beside her (37 GP missing, of which 9 have fallen to the pavement in her square). The thieves are in front of the party, moving away quickly!

When you post, include something to this effect or the thieves will not be part of this combat!

With a roar and a squeal of bending metal bars, the chimera throws itself against the walls of its cage, shattering glass and breaking through the enclosure! It turns and trumpets a furious, triple cry as it looks about for prey, it's eyes falling upon a mother and her child nearby. With a screamed cry of "Run!" the mother puts herself between the beast and her son while the rest of the gathered crowd begins to scatter!

Because I know some (most?) of you read spoilers but choose not to act upon them, please be aware that your PCs likely won't engage with the two thieves unless one of you cries out. Your shout of recognition happens before the chimera breaks free.

Jan, Lydia, and Olofire won initiative and go before the enemies, then we are on block initiatives. There is no surprise round. Everyone can react (verbally, as a free action) to the thieves if anyone noticed them stealing from the party.

Begin round 1!

24. - Top - End - #54

"Hey! You! hands off!" Marzena pulls Frederick's sleeve, points at an ugly-looking young man. "Don't steal from my friend, or it will cost y..." She's interrupted by the sound of glass breaking, and the roar of the hateful monster breaking free! "Oh, no..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+11)[30] Saw one of them.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2021-02-28 at 01:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 1

Lydia notices the thief pilfering Frederick, too, and starts towards him (leaving a small trail of coins in her wake) when the sound of rending bars makes her pull up short. "By the gods..." she breathes, quickly taking in the peril of the mother and child. "Champion of Heaven, come to my aid!" As she quickly weaves a spell, a sudden flash of light appears between the chimera and the civilians. As it subsides, a muscular humanoid with the head of a wolf strides forward, wielding a greatsword. The hound archon howls a challenge as it steps forward to engage the beast.

Show
    Lydia casts summon monster IV (as a standard action w/ Sacred Summons) to summon a hound archon between the chimera and the mother/son. Then she takes her movement into melee range of the thief she saw steal from Frederick (equipped w/ longspear).

Lydia's AoO if applicable:
    power atk (1d20+7)[26], dmg (1d8+8)[9], cc (1d20+7)[8] (20/x3), cdmg (2d8+16)[30]

The hound archon steps forward and full-attacks the chimera:
    masterwork greatsword atk 1: (1d20+9)[19], dmg (2d6+3)[8], cc (1d20+9)[25] (19-20/x2), cdmg (2d6+13)[22]
    masterwork greatsword atk 2: (1d20+4)[23], dmg (2d6+3)[11], cc (1d20+4)[14] (19-20/x2), cdmg (2d6+13)[24]
    bite: (1d20+3)[12], dmg (1d8+2)[10], cc (1d20+3)[17] (20/x2), cdmg (1d8+2)[6]

Spoiler: Lydia status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 7 LG HP 59 / 59 Speed ft Init 6 AC 21 Fort 7 Ref 5 Will 8 CMB +8 BAB 5 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 5, x3)
    Longsword +9 (1d8 + 3, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 3, x2) Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Hound archon: 39/39 HP
    round 1 / 7

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Round 1

Hearing both Marzena and Lydia cry out at the thief taking from Frederick, Olofire hastily weaves his way through the crowd to intercept them!
    Though once the Chimera breaks out, his eyes go wide. Still no one steals from his friends!

Show

Olofire will run towards the thief that is pointed out to him, I'm assuming in Q,9. I would like for him to get into P,9 but if not there P,10 to try and block him from escaping. While running he will draw his sap and strike him.

Piranha Strike Sap Attack (Nonlethal) (1d20+8)[23] CC x2 (1d20+8)[19] Damage (1d4+4)[5] Sneak attack (If applicable) (4d6)[12]

If on the thief's turn he tries to escape, he will attack again:

Piranha Strike Sap Attack (Nonlethal) (1d20+8)[12] CC x2 (1d20+8)[27] Damage (1d4+4)[6] Sneak attack (If applicable) (4d6)[18]

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 5/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 7, Init 5, HP 47/47, Speed 60 ft
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 15, CMD 18, Fort 7, Ref 13, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +11 (not mutated, +13 mutated) (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +10 (not mutated, +12 mutated) (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +14 (1d4+8, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Condition None
    -Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 1/1
    -Panache 3/3
    -Spontaneous Healing 2/2 left today

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jan's eyes widen as the beast escapes its enclosure, and fixes hungry eyes on a woman and child. In a reflexive gesture, the gnome flings an open palm outward at the chimera, as though throwing an invisible fistful of... something. Moments later, an explosion of glitter bursts into being all around the creature!

Show
    Cast Glitterdust (Will DC 18) centered on the Chimera, hitting as few innocents as possible. (Looks like it should be zero, but...)

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Janstina Silentall
    F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 7, Init 8, HP 53/53, Speed 20
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 12, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Acidic Ray Ranged (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d3-2, x2, 19-20)
    (+2 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 23
    Condition None
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2021-03-08 at 12:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Beginning of Round 2
    Show

Both the Chimera and Sald, the thief have been injured with lethal damage. The mother is unconscious and dying. All three are highlighted in red. Aregan, the other thief, has taken non-lethal damage and is highlighted green.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Lydia casts Summon Monster IV and then moves to S9.
    The hound archon strikes the chimera twice, dealing 19 total damage.
    Olofire moves to P8 (he lacks the movement to get to P9 and still act), and deals 17 non-lethal damage to Aregan, the thief.
    Jan casts Glitterdust, centered at K10-L11 and takes a 5-ft step to U9.

The Chimera saves vs the Glitterdust.

The commoners flee from the scene. The mother adjacent to the Chimera tries to usher her son out of the way, incurring an AoO from the Chimera, which hits and drops her to -9 HPs. She is dying and will die at -12 HPs. Her son kneels next to his mother.

The thieves move, one incurring an AoO from Lydia, that hits for 9 damage.
    Aregan sneak attacks Lydia, dealing 14 damage and Bewildering her (-2 AC) for one round or until she receives healing.
    Sald attempts to steal her Steel Holy Symbol (he has Improved Trip, so no AoO), and failing.

The Chimera full attacks the Hound Archon, hitting twice but failing to pierce its DR.

The scene falls into chaos immediately, as commoners flee in all directions. While the party rushes into combat, summoning celestial aid, sapping one of the thieves, and attempting (but failing) to blind the chimera, the mother beside the chimera tries to rush her young son out of harms way. She turns her back to the magical beast and when she does, it lashes out with its lion head, biting her savagely and dropping her, dying, on the pavement. Her son starts crying for his mother, pulling futilely at her limp hand as he tries to pull her up to her feet. "Mama Mama! Get up, Mama!"

The two thieves, recognizing that they have been seen by some their marks, move to flank Lydia and attack her. She jabs one with her spear, but fails to defend against the other and is bewildered by the deep stab wound. The one she injured tries to snatch her holy symbol, but cannot get in close enough in the moment.

The chimera, injured by the summoned hound archon, strike at the outsider with all five of its attacks, in furious pain. It only connects twice, with the gore of its goat horns and one claw. Neither attack seem to have done any lasting damage to the angelic warrior as it readies itself to attack some more.

The mother is not dead yet - she can be saved.

Begin round 2!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 2

Dazed by the sudden assault, Lydia forgets about counterattacking and focuses on keeping her guard up. With one hand protectively grasping her holy symbol, she drops her spear and draws her longsword to maneuver better in these close quarters. "I've no time for you knaves!" she snarls as she twists away from the thieves, going for the injured woman.

In front of the chimera, the hound archon stands its ground and unleashes another pair of terrible blows from its greatsword before snapping with its jaws.

Show
    Lydia will drop longspear and draw longsword, then use total defense while moving to the side of the injured woman. (Healing her will have to wait until next round.)

Spoiler: Lydia status including Bewildered & Defense
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 7 LG HP 45 / 59 Speed ft Init 6 AC 23 Fort 7 Ref 5 Will 8 CMB +8 BAB 5 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 5, x3)
    Longsword +9 (1d8 + 3, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 3, x2) Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)

Hound archon full-attacks the chimera:
    masterwork greatsword atk 1: (1d20+9)[14], dmg (2d6+3)[7], cc (1d20+9)[18] (19-20/x2), cdmg (2d6+3)[13]
    masterwork greatsword atk 2: (1d20+4)[6], (2d6+3)[11], cc (1d20+4)[16] (19-20/x2), cdmg (2d6+3)[9]
    bite: (1d20+3)[11], dmg (1d8+2)[6], cc (1d20+3)[7] (20/x2), cdmg (1d8+2)[10]

Hound archon: 39/39 HP
    round 2 / 7
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Round 2

Lydia take care of yourself! Don't let these punks best you! He bends down to tend to the grievously injured woman, lifting her head and pouring a red elixir down her throat. Seeing her come to he gently lowers her head and says to her son, You need to get away from here. Be strong! He makes his way to a more advantageous position, ready to strike the same thief.

Show

Cure light wounds (1d8+5)[11]

As a move action I would like to flank with Lydia against the same thief he struck before.

AoO Piranha Strike Sap Attack (Nonlethal) (1d20+8)[12] CC x2 (1d20+8)[13] Damage (1d4+4)[5] Sneak attack (If applicable) (4d6)[13]

Spoiler: Character Stats
    Show

Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 5/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 7, Init 5, HP 47/47, Speed 60 ft
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 15, CMD 18, Fort 7, Ref 13, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +11 (not mutated, +13 mutated) (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +10 (not mutated, +12 mutated) (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +14 (1d4+8, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Condition None
    -Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 1/1
    -Panache 3/3
    -Spontaneous Healing 2/2 left today