New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Age of Worms - The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Jan sighs in obvious relief as the mimics's efforts to consume her companions cease. Rushing over to Marzena, the gnome proffers a tiny hand to help the battle-mage to her feet, though the combination of her tiny stature and not-at-all-muscular frame make the gesture more absurd than effective. "My goodness, Marzena! Don't scare me like that again!" she chuckles weakly at the joke, still obviously shaken by the nearness of her friend's brush with death.

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    "Monsters that look like barrels, and impostors that look like me... something tells me this is the place, all right. Be on guard - the doors themselves could be a foe..."
    Jan nods, eyeing the door with a dour expression. "With a welcome like we just received, this sure ain't gonna be a casual stroll, that's for sure." she sidles up behind Frederick, sticking close to her burly friend.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In the process of expressing his frustration with the dead mimic, Frederick discovers that at least the crate he broke is full of bottles of rather strong liquor. Nothing worth confiscating, but had it become necessary to dissolve the adhesive from the mimics the alcohol inside would have worked admirably.

There isn't really anything of value in this storage area, not that any of you mentioned searching it for loot. It's all poor-quality crafting materials like cloth, chain links, spoiled alcohol, etc...

Olofire and Lydia heal the party, both using their respective gifts. Once everyone is feeling better they begin looking at doors, splitting into two general groups - while Olofire and Marzena look at the northern door Lydia, Frederick, and Jan move to the southern two doors. Opening the southwest door the Heironeans and Jan finds what must be an abandoned office, the dark chamber absolutely packed with boxes and bookcases overflowing with ledgers and papers, all in no apparent order. There might be something of interest here, but it will take several minutes of searching to get a good idea. The other door is locked, leaving the three adventurers looking back at Olofire expectantly.

As a result, they all get to watch as Olofire does a quick search for traps and misses one. As he tries to open the northern door they discover it is in fact a false one, opening to a bricked-over entryway. At the same time a massive pit opens up beneath Olofire and Marzena, threatening to drop them forty feet down to a floor littered with spikes!

Spoiler: Map
    Show

The spiked pit trap had a DC of 25 to find it, which Olofire failed. The door isn't locked - it is instead tied to a wire that opens the spiked pit trap.

To avoid falling, roll a DC 25 Reflex save. If you fail, it's a 40 ft drop (4d6 falling damage, can be reduced in a variety of ways). At the bottom are numerous spikes - anyone falling to the floor is mechanically attacked by 1d4 of them, +10 to hit, for 1d4+5 damage each.

Please roll the Reflex saves. If you pass you may select where you land outside the trap. If you fail, figure out the falling damage. After that, roll for the number of spikes that threaten to hit you, then roll their attack rolls. Finally, roll the damage from the spikes.

Then, probably start healing again, cause I suspect some of that will hurt.

3. - Top - End - #243

Suddenly, a gaping pit opens under Marzena's feet! She just clicks her tongue, and her fall, rather than instant and deadly, is light and graceful. Upon landing however, she's unable to avoid the sharp spikes, and gets hurt rather badly.

"Ow! Bloody murderous mystery bastards!" She takes a moment to recover, before using her levitation power to carry herself and Olofire back to the ground floor.

"I don't know who these people are, but they sure aren't fooling around... "

Spoiler
    Show
    Long live the Flight hex that gives Marzena the ability to cast Feather Fall at will! Then, use Levitate to come back up.

Following rolls in OOC: she took 15 damage.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2021-08-07 at 11:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244

NecromancerGuy

With the companions all back on the ground floor, Olofire limps over to the southeastern door to inspect it for traps and unlock it. Finding nothing suspicious he takes several long moments to unlock it. The party finds a small chamber with a decrepit ladder leading up to a platform level with the catwalk. The room is littered with loose stones and dust, and the ladder does not look to be in good repair...

You all are getting suspicious, so I assume Olofire looks at the ladder carefully and decides that it isn't worth the risk of it falling. There are plenty of sturdy crates and barrels to make a makeshift route up to the catwalk, in addition to Marzena's ability to fly at will. I am going to expect that you all get up that way and continue exploring.

Once up on the catwalk the adventurers line up and Olofire inspects the secret door carefully. After confirming it is safe and determining how to open it, he carefully does and looks into a dark, oblong chamber from the top of a staircase. The stairs descend to a single exit to the west. Along the north wall there are a number chests on the floor, closed but with no visible lock. As the party creeps down and inspects the chests they find that they contain a variety of items, including full sets of clothing for both men and women. Two chests in particular have a couple of magic items, along with a set of nice clothes for a male merchant and a noblewoman's outfit.

Spoiler: Contents of Chests
    Show
    Spoiler: Ilya's Chest
    Show
    A Periapt of Health
    Two Signet Rings
    Embroidered sky blue cloak (worth 200 GP)
    Noblewoman's outfit

Spoiler: Knowledge (Nobility) DC 20
    Show
    The signet rings and color of the blue cloak suggest the owner of these items is a member of the house of Starmane, a lesser noble house of elves in Greyhawk.

Spoiler: Gattel's Chest
    Show
    A Bag of Holding (Type I) with 863 GP inside
    Merchant's outfit

Checking at the next door Olofire finds nothing special and they open it to discover a hallway leading north with a total of five cells, each with a wall of iron bars facing the corridor between them. A number of the cells are occupied - there is a young elven woman, a pair of young men, and another with what appears to be a dead man. All of the cells have a simple straw mat, ceramic water bowl, and a waste bucket inside, but nothing else visible. The entire hallway is well lit, with several everburning torches suspended from the ceiling.

None of the prisoners call out or look at you all as you enter, their expressions distrustful and suspicious.

Show

Do not forget to do the mechanics to heal up!

What do you do? Where is your PC going to stand as you do whatever you do?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Doctor Olofire! Thank Heironeous you're safe - those spikes nearly did you in! Here, hold still before you pass out." Lydia quickly provides more magical healing as Olofire and Marzena ascend from the pit trap, a bead of sweat breaking on her forehead from the effort of concentration.

Spoiler: Healing
    Show
    Let's do 1 cure moderate wounds on Marzena:
    (2d8+7)[18]

And 2 CLW and 1 CMW on Olofire:
    (1d8+5)[9]
    (1d8+5)[7]
    (2d8+7)[16]

When they reach the cells Lydia looks at the prisoners in alarm. In a hushed voice she calls out to them, "Don't be alarmed! We are servants of Heironeous - we're going to get you out of here! But first tell me, where are your captors? When did you see them last? How many are there???" She scans nervously back and forth between the cells as she waits for an answer. (Standing near the chests along the north wall.)
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

6. - Top - End - #246

"My thanks yet again, Lydia. Let's try to avoid traps from now on, if we can... I don't know who the enemy is but they sure are vicious."

When the group enters the prison, Marzena considers the inmates carefully. Why don't they look happy to see us? Not at all happy in fact...

Spoiler
    Show
    Back to max hp.

Marzena Human (F) Cartomancer Witch 7 CG HP 44 / 44 Speed ft Init 3 AC 16 Fort 5 Ref 7 Will 9 CMB +2 BAB 3 Harrow Card 5 (1d4+2, 20/x2)
    Dagger 2 (1d4-1, 19/x2) Str 8 (-1) Dex 14 (2) Con 12 (1) Wis 12 (1) Int 20 (6) Cha 10 (0)
    Powers per day: Fly 7/7 minutes, Levitate 0/1, Augury 2/week, Harrowed feat: Draw Harrow card for +2 to 1 check 0/1

Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2021-08-07 at 06:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jan gasps in fear and concern as the spike trap yawns beneath Marzena and Olofire. She peers over the edge of the trap, with relief flooding into her face as the battle-mage assists the badly-wounded halfling into range of Lydia's ministrations.

After giving Lydia time to heal the worst of the wounds, Jan rushes over to enfold Olofire in a fierce hug, during which she begins to berate him worriedly! "Now don't you scare me like that either, Olof!" Releasing him abruptly, the gnome visibly bites her lip, turning to toddle back into Frederick's protective reach.

"Don't be alarmed! We are servants of Heironeous - we're going to get you out of here! But first tell me, where are your captors? When did you see them last? How many are there???"
    Jan chuckles. "Well, we're not all servants of Heironeous... some of us are merely associates." She grins up at Lydia, with a twinkle in her eye. "But I can assure you that we mean you no harm! Not unless you're in league with those stirring up trouble, trying to sully our good names!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Jan will stay in arm's reach of Lydia, near the middle of the hallway.
    Diplomacy check to improve attitudes of the prisoners: (1d20+12)[25]
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2021-08-09 at 01:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick starts suddenly as the trap opens beneath his companions. He rushes to the edge to peer in, immediately relieved that neither of them are actually immediately dying. "Marzena, can you get Olofire out of there?" he asks, as she begins to do exactly that. He nods, still more relieved and backs away to give them clear footing.

As soon as they alight on the floor, he gently ushers them further from the trap. "Here, come a little further to recover." As Lydia and Olofire perform their own ministrations, the broad-shouldered paladin frowns. "I'm not doing a very good job protecting you all," he mutters, mostly to himself.

After glaring irritably at the disrepair of the ladders, Frederick somewhat eagerly sets himself to arranging the crates and barrels in as secure a fashion as possible. The climb isn't pleasant or easy, exactly, but the wood-framed structures hold up his bulk and armor well enough. He follows closely behind Olofire into the next room, as if prepared to reach out and grab the smaller man in the event that he stumbles into another trap.

Any such concern proves unnecessary, and instead he finds himself reaching curiously into a chest. He pulls out the pile of clothing, spreading it on another nearby chest. After a moment he wrinkles his nose distastefully. Dropping the clothes unceremoniously back into the chest, he grunts. "This whole place stinks."

Frederick dutifully follows Olofire into what turns out to be a hallway of prison cells. He glances into the nearest one with an expression of sadness and pity before immediately checking the door (to the cell holding a "dead?" man). He pauses at the door to focus his efforts and reopens his eyes with the familiar sheen of his ability to detect wrongdoers. He steadily turns his gaze around the room, viewing both the occupant's dour expressions as well as whatever auras they put off.

He frowns in thought at their apparent dismay. "How many different people have they seen walk this hall?" he wonders aloud. "And how many of them meant well? We've been subject to their deception for almost a day. These poor souls must have been subject to it for who knows how long..."

Still gazing into the cell block from the doorway, he whispers quietly to Jan (and anyone else immediately adjacent), "Seem strange to you they'd leave 3 cells empty and keep those two together?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If the cell door opens easily, which strikes me as unlikely, Frederick will- wait. Definitely not charge right in and heal him.

Instead, Frederick will detect evil, starting on the "dead" guy, and moving throughout the room before trying to administer first aid.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Thank you Lydia, again.. Olofire lays down for a few long moments to catch his breath, shaking his head. After he unlocks the door and checks the ladder out, he takes a minute while the rest gather crates and barrels to climb up the catwalk to pull out his small alchemist tools and creates another extract. He also grabs his mutagen and takes a good look at it before ripping off the stopper and drinking it down. The transformation is quick, but he doesn't wince anymore. He is used to the change his body makes now.

Once completed he joins the others in climbing up to the catwalk, checks the door, but allows the others to enter first, following in only when needed.

Spoiler: Character Stats
    Show

Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 5/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 7, Init 7, HP 33/47, Speed 60 ft
    AC 23, Touch 17, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 15, Will 3, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +11 (not mutated, +13 mutated) (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (Bullets) +10 (not mutated, +12 mutated) (1d3, x2)
    only while mutated, Claw +14 (1d4+8, x2)
    Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 24, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
    Condition Detect Secret Doors 2:00 left
    -Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor 0/1
    -Panache 3/3
    -Spontaneous Healing 1/2 left today
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2021-08-10 at 09:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250

NecromancerGuy

"Where are our captors? Like any of us believe you anymore!" snaps the young elf woman with a hint of haughtiness in her voice. "You can't fool me and I've already answered your questions. Just change my water out, please, and leave me alone...it's not like you're going to let me go..." she continues with a tear trailing down one grimy cheek. She looks decidedly unfriendly, but makes no move to stand up from where she sits on her straw mat or approach the bars. It doesn't take any effort at all to see that she's lost all hope and is despairing in her cell.

The response from the two men is no better. They glare at Frederick and make no sudden moves as he whispers to Jan and nods towards them. One of them coughs with a nasty, phlegmy sound and the other begins to shake his head slowly in the party's direction as they listen to the PCs. When the paladin tries the first cell door the one who coughed laughs, the sound as ugly as his cough. "Hragh! Like you'd leave the door unlocked, even for that poor mess! Stop fooling around and get us something to eat, it's nearly time for our gruel..."

The comatose man doesn't move at first, though upon closer examination he is breathing. His cell is dirtier than the others and smells worse - the odors of urine and excrement make it clear that he is not well and hasn't been able to properly clean himself either. After several long breaths he turns his head towards the party and stares at them from his position prone on the ground. Then out of nowhere he begins to giggle hysterically before lapsing into wracking, sobbing tears, and then back again. "Heeheeheeheeaugg! Wuh huh huh...Heeheeheehee!"

Frederick doesn't detect any evil auras from the captives. Note that mechanically this may not detect an evil alignment unless they are actively planning evil or of sufficiently high level to ping with an aura.

Jan's Diplomacy was not entirely ineffective - the young woman would not have struck out at you violently, but she was hostile prior to Jan's efforts. Now she's "only" unfriendly. Perhaps more progress can be made if you can offer help of some kind...

There is a door opposite the one you used to enter and there must be a way to free them from their cells. No keys are visible, but Olofire has tools to pick the locks. Do you want to try and free any of them?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Where are our captors? Like any of us believe you anymore! You can't fool me and I've already answered your questions. Just change my water out, please, and leave me alone...it's not like you're going to let me go..."

"Hragh! Like you'd leave the door unlocked, even for that poor mess! Stop fooling around and get us something to eat, it's nearly time for our gruel..."
    Jan tilts her head to the side, looking at each prisoner in confusion and concern, before turning back to address the rest of the party. "Well, I guess if we're looking for a shapeshifter, or someone using illusions to disguise their appearance, it seems we're in the right place... they think we're them, whoever 'them' is."

As the otherwise-still man reveals signs of life, the gnome looks into his cell with concern, which melts increasingly into disgust as she eyes the buildup of filth. "Lydia- you can conjure water, right? Can we help clean this poor guy up? He looks like the worst of the lot. Or..." she furrows her brows in concern. "Maybe we should come back after we have a better idea what's going on, here. Wouldn't want to get them in more trouble with the bad guys until we're in a position to get them to safety."
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2021-08-11 at 12:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick frowns thoughtfully for a few moments as Jan makes her comments. "I'm not sure there's anything we can do, until the head of this snake is removed. Whatever's going on here, it's not good." He eyes the crazy man with an expression of pity before looking further into the room.

"Doctor, would you check for more traps? I know you're nervous, but none of us would fare better. The sooner we're done here, the better."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Indeed I can!" Lydia responds to Jan, somewhat indignant at the prisoner's response. "You want your water changed? Here!" She conjures a few gallons of clean water just above the jar in the cell, which land with a splash. "You think we are your shape-shifting captors in some sort of cheap ruse, is that it? Well, we know all about their powers and we're going to ram their little traps down their throats! So I'll ask again, where are they and how many are there?!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    One more attempt at Diplomacy (or maybe Intimidation) to ask for information / convince that we're not the bad guys. Same modifier either way:
    (1d20-1)[0]
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254

Marzena looks at the doubting prisoner with a keen eye of her own. "Yeah, right, you been fooled before have you? You know what, me too. So..." She stops, deep in thought. After a moment, she casts a spell, and her mind focuses to scrutinize that of her interlocutor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just like the night before, she uses Brilliant Spell Preparation to prepare Detect Thoughts, then she teakes the time to scan each of the prisoners one by one.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2021-08-13 at 04:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As the ladies speak to the prisoners, Olofire wordlessly drinks another extract, and then gets to work searching around the far door and the cages for any traps. He doesn't make to open them until he is sure everyone is ready for him to do so.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Drink Darkvision 5hr duration.

Check for traps on each door starting with the door opposite of us and then going counter clock wise to each cell as well.
    Perception for traps
    Opposite door (1d20+12)[24]
    Illya's Door (1d20+12)[16]
    Empty cell 1 (1d20+12)[28]
    Dead guy's cell (1d20+12)[23]
    Martel and Regim's cell (1d20+12)[17]
    Empty cell 2 (1d20+12)[21]

Show

Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 5/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 7, Init 7, HP 33/47, Speed 60 ft
    AC 23, Touch 17, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 15, Will 3, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Condition Darkvision 5:00:00
    Mutagen 49:48
    -Panache 3/3

16. - Top - End - #256

NecromancerGuy

Lydia's display does not get the response she may have hoped. The elven woman stands up to avoid the splash of the overflowing jar and moves to the back of her cell, turning her back on the party to try and hide her reaction. The two men snort, jaded laughs hinting at unpleasant personalities. When Marzena casts her spell she recognizes that three of the captives are thinking, intelligent (low-teens), with generally hostile thoughts directed at the party.

"Do they have to be so mean? I shouldn't expect better from them..."
    "They'd better not try that sort of thing with me! I'll make them regret it."
    "Want to hit them right in their smug faces! Ugh!"
    The prone man is clearly insane - his thoughts flitter back and forth chaotically, unable to settle on anything long enough to really read...

Olofire finds no traps but is confident he could open the cells if he tried. When he approaches the cell with the two men one of them stands up and walks close. "Don't you go trying anything - I'll make you regret it. We don't trust you, little man..." he threatens from just out of reach.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Ugh, this is a waste of time!" Lydia exclaims in exasperation. "Let us be on our way! Maybe when we return with the real captors in custody - or slain - they'll be ready to listen to reason."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Flies are better caught with honey than vinegar..." murmurs Jan to nobody in particular, rubbing her forehead with the heel of one hand in exasperation. "Okay, clearly we're off on the wrong foot, and it seems there's precious few 'right feet' handy. Best thing we can do for these lot is to keep searching. So, on that note...?" The gnome trails off, gesturing with a flourish toward the far pair of doors.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm not super sure I'm following the map, but I assume that we can go through the doors on the top of the most recent map, correct?
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2021-08-15 at 09:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

"Right you are", Marzena answers to no one in particular. As the others move out, she turns back to the prisoners. "It's no pleasure leaving you in such a state, believe me, but if you can't trust us, well... You sure you have nothing you want to tell me?"

The question is asked without much hope, but still, Marzena looks intently at the captives, one by one.

Spoiler
    Show
    The question is mostly to keep the prisoners thinking as she focuses on her thought detection.

20. - Top - End - #260

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Ugh, this is a waste of time!" Lydia exclaims in exasperation. "Let us be on our way! Maybe when we return with the real captors in custody - or slain - they'll be ready to listen to reason."
    Alright, give me one moment. Ignoring the prisoners, Olofire pulls out his lockpicks and attempts to unlock the opposite door, leaving the cells locked for now.

Show

Disable device to unlock the door (1d20+22)[29]

Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Condition None
    -Panache 3/3
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2021-11-18 at 12:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick presses to the front, to stand beside Olofire as he works on the door. "Be ready for anything," he mutters, as he adopts a ready stance.

22. - Top - End - #262

NecromancerGuy

Much of the floor of the ruined chamber beyond the door has given way, revealing a large, stagnant pool of water below. Rusted spears and broken swords break the surface of this pool throughout the room. A framework of soggy timbers that might have once supported the floor still stands, stretching out across the void...

Traversing the planks will clearly require acrobatics checks (DC 12) to avoid risking a fall. Some of the planks are covered in mildew and might be weakened and unable to sustain the weight of someone walking on it. Jan or Olofire should be alright, but larger creatures could end up breaking the boards and falling into the water.

A quick glance below suggests that falling would be very dangerous - the spears and weapons poking up from the water are only some of the hazards - others are below the water level and could threaten PCs even if they were swimming. The water is calm, so swim checks won't be too bad, but falling or swimming risk significant "attacks" from the weapons in the water.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Both Jan and Olofire win initiative. I need posts from them before I can continue with the enemies' actions. Once they've posted and I post for the attackers the party will act as a group.

Show

As the party files into the room the sound of a large click can be heard back amongst the cells. The two men emerge from their cell with murder in their expressions, each carrying runed longswords as they silently move to attack the party!

No one is surprised - Jan and Olofire get a full round of action before the enemy. Begin Round 1!

23. - Top - End - #263

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Round 1

You've got to be kidding me! Olofire turns around baring his teeth and charging between the legs of his party to the inmate in front of him!

Show

Run to F12.
    Piranha claw attack guy in F13.

Piranha Claw Attack (1d20+12)[16] CC x2 (1d20+12)[14] Damage (1d4+12)[13] Crit (1d4+12)[14] Sneak Attack if applicable (4d6)[10]

AoO if able: Piranha Claw Attack (1d20+12)[16] CC x2 (1d20+12)[21] Damage (1d4+12)[13] Crit (1d4+12)[16] Sneak Attack if applicable (4d6)[17]

Spend a panache point to enter space if they swing and miss.

Show

Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Condition None
    -Panache 3/3

Last edited by Albinobrow; 2021-11-18 at 12:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jan spins on her heels to note the aggressors from the rear. With a disgusted "Ugh!" she gestures as though flinging a handful of... something at the two. A thousand sparkling particles burst into existence around them.

Show
    Cast Glitterdust, Will Save vs DC 18, aiming to hit both hostiles and no friendlies.

If the platform from A10 to D11 looks stable, Jan will step aside onto it. Otherwise, she will step to the spot vacated by Olofire.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Janstina Silentall
    F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 7, Init 8, HP 53/50, Speed 20
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 12, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Acidic Ray Ranged (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d3-2, x2, 19-20)
    (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor: +4 AC, 1 hour

25. - Top - End - #265

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Olofire moves and misses with his attacks.
    Jan casts Glitterdust and moves.

One of the two swordsmen fail their will save and is blinded. He swings twice wildly, but does hit Olofire once for 9 damage.
    The other passes and attacks Olofire twice, hitting once for 9 damage and missing once.

Olofire uses Underfoot Assault to enter the space of the unblinded enemy.

Show

Olofire dives into melee, but in his haste misjudges the two men and misses them both as they raise heavy shields and settle in to brawl. Unfortunately for one he isn't paying enough attention and gets a handful of glitterdust in his eyes, temporarily blinding him. He wordlessly cries out as he strike in the general direction of the halfling doctor and manages a strike, which is echoed a moment later (more gracefully) by his companion (Olofire takes a total of 18 damage). As the halfling dodges the second attack of the unblinded man Olofire slips into his reach and gets around to the other side of the swordsman, eliciting a confused "Huh?" from the enemy.

Begin (what we will call) Round 2!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Frederick is a bit slower on the uptake than Olofire, but turns towards the party's assailants with hatred in his eyes. "I knew it! Your lies and trickery will come to light!" he barks, diving forward with his heavy blade.

Spoiler: Frederick, round 2
    Show
    Frederick Strongarm
    M LG Half-Orc Paladin 6 (VMC Barbarian), Level 7, Init 1, HP 60/60, Speed 20
    AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 24, CMD 21, Fort 9, Ref 5, Will 7*, CMB +10/+5, Base Attack Bonus 6/1, Power Points -/0
    Magic Falchion +1 +12/+7 (2d4+7, 18-20/x2)
    Warhammer +11/+6 (1d8+4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow (+3 str) (40 standard arrows) +8 (1d8+3, x3)
    Full Plate +1, Heavy Steel Shield (+10 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Condition Irrepressible: Cha isntead of Wis for charm/compulsion will saves
    Power Attack (-2 attack, +6 damage (two-hander))
    Uncanny Dodge
    Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6, removes fatigue, disease)
    Smite Evil: 3/3
    Divine Bond: 1/1
    Rage: 4/8
    Grace: 1/1
    Hero's Defiance: 1/1

I believe 10' is enough to mechanically charge. Let's do so. Gonna power attack, so the attack mod comes out in the wash:

(1d20+12)[14] falchion, charge w/ power attack
    (1d20+12)[32] CC (30+, x2)
    (2d4+13)[18] damage
    (2d4+13)[19] crit bonus

27. - Top - End - #267

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Round 2

With Frederick joining the fray, Olofire unleashes a flurry of tooth and claw!

Show

Full Attack the enemy Olofire is under. Both Frederick and Olofire are considered flanking while he is "underfoot". So flanking +2 washed by Piranha Attack -2.
    Going to take a free action to fast heal 5 as well.

Piranha Bite Attack Attack (1d20+13)[31] CC (1d20+13)[21] Damage (1d6+12)[13] Sneak Attack (4d6)[13]
    Piranha Claw Attack 1 (1d20+14)[34] CC (1d20+14)[32] Damage (1d4+12)[16] Sneak Attack (4d6)[13]
    Piranha Claw Attack 2 (1d20+14)[21] CC (1d20+14)[32] Damage (1d4+12)[14] Sneak Attack (4d6)[9]

AoO if given Piranha Bite Attack Attack (1d20+13)[25] CC (1d20+13)[29] Damage (1d6+12)[17] Sneak Attack (4d6)[11]

Show
    Dr. Olofire Lightouch
    Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Chir./Vivis.) 5/Unchained Rogue 2, Level 7, Init 7, HP 20/47, Speed 60 ft
    Condition None
    -Panache 2/3
    -Spontaneous Healing 0/2 left today

28. - Top - End - #268

"I knew there was something fishy with these!" Marzena exclaims. With a gesture so fast it's nearly impossible to see, she extracts a card from her deck, and a flick of her wrist sends it flying at the blinded man's face, before it returns straight to her hand!

Spoiler
    Show

Using Deadly Dealer with Arcane Strike to attack the blinded enemy with a returning Harrow card: (1d20+6)[23], piercing damage (1d4+2)[3] cc(26) (1d20+6)[21], ed (1d4+2)[6]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 2

"Hah! I knew these ungrateful knaves were up to no- ughn- good!" Lydia punctuates her exclamation with a spear thrust at the blinded assailant.

Show
    Attack the blinded foe w/ longspear from current position:

power atk (1d20+8)[17], dmg (1d8+8)[10], cc (1d20+7)[25] (20/x3), cdmg (2d8+16)[22]

AoO if applicable:
    power atk (1d20+8)[11], dmg (1d8+8)[14], cc (1d20+7)[12] (20/x3), cdmg (2d8+16)[26]

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Lydia Constantine Human Cleric 7 LG HP 59 / 59 Speed ft Init 6 AC 23 Fort 7 Ref 5 Will 8 CMB +8 BAB 5 +1 Longspear +9 (1d8 + 5, x3)
    Longsword +9 (1d8 + 3, 19-20/x2)
    Heavy Mace +8 (1d8 + 3, x2) Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 8 (-1)
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2021-09-01 at 10:04 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jan peers around the corner at the swordsmen, suddenly swarmed by Heironean combatants and one miniature blur of fangs and claws. She looks at the humans, both floundering under various assaults, but her appraising expression lingers on Olofire. Nodding to herself, having evidently reached an inner decision, she gestures, scooping toward the melee, while muttering to herself, "Eh, the doc'll be fine..."

Show
    Cast Grease on the squares with hostiles (sorry, Olofire!): Reflex save vs DC 17.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Janstina Silentall
    F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 7, Init 8, HP 53/50, Speed 20
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 12, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Acidic Ray Ranged (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d3-2, x2, 19-20)
    (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor: +4 AC, 1 hour