New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Can't Go to Page 2 of Searches

Whenever I am using the search function to look through forums it never lets me go further than page 1. It will say there are plenty more search results but when I click page 2 it says there aren't any results.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Can't Go to Page 2 of Searches

When this happens, there usually isn't actually a page 2. The search result numbers are estimates based on a search database that is optimised for speed, not accuracy. There are a lot of duplicate results which get cleaned up as you flick through the pages (you can actually see this same phenomenon on google too).

Can you check if this happens for you when you search "dragons" (sans quotes)?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Can't Go to Page 2 of Searches

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    When this happens, there usually isn't actually a page 2. The search result numbers are estimates based on a search database that is optimised for speed, not accuracy. There are a lot of duplicate results which get cleaned up as you flick through the pages (you can actually see this same phenomenon on google too).

Can you check if this happens for you when you search "dragons" (sans quotes)?
    When I searched Dragons I was able to get to page 2. I guess I have just never searched anything before that had more than one page haha. Thanks for clearing that up!