Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: WandaVision

1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WandaVision

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, it seemed quite transparent that the dismantling of the Vision's body that Hayward showed Wanda was just a show set up for her. He never intended to decomission the Vision and recover the vibranium to be able to reuse it as metal; they had 5 years to do that, they wouldn' still be in the middle of it. He has been trying to have a controllable Vision.
    Last edited by Clertar; Today at 06:58 AM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

2. - Top - End - #542

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Spoiler: Other Theory
    Show
    Agatha, appalled that Wanda is messing with the primal forces of the universe with literally no clue about what she is doing, is engaging in some "sink-or-swim" style training. She's trying to force Wanda to use her magics in a deliberate and controlled way instead of, y'know, randomly popping superhumans into existence.
    Yhea I can SEE that

Spoiler
    Show
    or as least, she wants Wanda to realize and consciously use her power, not let her subconscious exert such magic without a willing control over it

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, it seemed quite transparent that the dismantling of the Vision's body that Hayward showed Wanda was just a show set up for her. He never intended to decomission the Vision and recover the vibranium to be able to reuse it as metal; they had 5 years to do that, they wouldn' still be in the middle of it. He has been trying to have a controllable Vision.
    I'm not so sure it's only that.

Spoiler
    Show
    He also said something along the lines of "We've been taking this thing apart and putting it back together dozens of times".

I don't think they wanted to take Vision apart for Vibranium. But they were taking it apart to study and replicate the technology.
    "Après la vie - le mort, après le mort, la vie de noveau.
    Après le monde - le gris; après le gris - le monde de nouveau.
    "

4. - Top - End - #544
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    ehh, she's dead. what's she going to do, decay at me?

Spoiler: ranting and rambling
    Show
    idk man i just want consistency i think. up until now everything in the MCU has been pretty soft-fantasy, where magic or magical stuff "exists", but is more often then not treated as either psychic ability, advanced science, or advanced technology. So having a sudden jump to "Sabrina the teenage witch on netflix" style magic is just a bit jarring to me, as so far at least, it completely jumps over everything else that's already established.

To be fair, it's only been in one episode so far, it's entirely possible that Agnes's Magic is more like a combination of Dr.Strange's science-magic and Wanda's psychic abilities, as things like "curses" and "Hexes" are just labels her coven put on things. it could still change, idk

I will say just by nature I'm not a fan of the thought of Wanda being born with her abilities, the thought of her being the one to make the missile non-functional kind of diminishes the story for me a bit, makes it feel less tragic and all that? Plus... I've never really been a fan of the whole "Mutants in the MCU" thing. It just feels like it's this whole extra thing that would work better as it's own franchise like it has been up until this point, then as an addition to an already large franchise.

i could see some people being born with special abilities, especially if one or more of their ancestors had special abilities, I'm just not sure i want to see an entire percentage of the population as having them, kinda makes em feel less special you know?
    I mean... okay, but what are "psychic powers" if not a vaguely scientific sounding name for magic?
    "Après la vie - le mort, après le mort, la vie de noveau.
    Après le monde - le gris; après le gris - le monde de nouveau.
    "

5. - Top - End - #545

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I'm not so sure it's only that.

Spoiler
    Show
    He also said something along the lines of "We've been taking this thing apart and putting it back together dozens of times".

I don't think they wanted to take Vision apart for Vibranium. But they were taking it apart to study and replicate the technology.
    Yhea. The reference to the Vibranium was just the value of the raw material alone. Vision is worth a lot more than "3 billion dollars worth of Vibranium"