1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Regarding Monica Rambeau
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it possible she has her powers?
    That might explain how she got in since she can transform into any energy frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum thus could just fly through?

I had hoped the Captain Marvel movie would have revealed Carol and Monica's mum was test flying that prototype and although Monica's mum ejected she received enough of a dose of that drive Carol blew up to empower her unborn child.

Oh well maybe this is how she gets her powers?

Being thrown out of that alternate reality field by Wanda?
    Spoiler: Concerning Lieutenants and Captains
    Show

It is a good thing that they change the origin of the characters with 616 and Ultimate when stuff is adapted into the MCU.

But please, please, keep the part where Monica Rambeau was a lieutenant, a lieutenant who was supposed to get promoted to captain, but she never got the promotion for her supervisor was a creep and other words I am omitting.

I want my Lieutenant Trouble* to become a Captain Marvel.

*A nickname which to my understanding is a movie invention.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #122
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'm excited for anything Marvel that isn't Inhumans or Iron Fist. Even Falcon & Winter Soldier, on top of having a lot of "humorous buddy cop" potential, also gives us a lot of space to (a) bring in cameos from other MCU characters and villains that I like more (I'm already excited about Zemo), and (b) face off against mid-tier or street-level MCU threats like AIM, The Hand, The Thunderbolts etc.

I'd love it if some of the Netflix or Freeform MCU characters showed up in that show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Regarding Monica Rambeau
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it possible she has her powers?
    That might explain how she got in since she can transform into any energy frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum thus could just fly through?

I had hoped the Captain Marvel movie would have revealed Carol and Monica's mum was test flying that prototype and although Monica's mum ejected she received enough of a dose of that drive Carol blew up to empower her unborn child.

Oh well maybe this is how she gets her powers?

Being thrown out of that alternate reality field by Wanda?
    No idea. I expect we'll find out.

Spoiler
    Show
    As MCU Wanda has exhibited powers from all the stones, it's quite possible she could end up being the source of Spectrum's powers too. But it's just as possible that Monica already got powered, somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoilers for Episode 4 based off one of those advertisements Disney is doing for Episode 4. It involves things we have been talking about.

Spoiler: You been warned, episode 4 stuff for an episode that has not aired yet
    Show

Monica is a Captain prior to entering the West something city that Wanda is inside.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

A lot of the Disney press keeps saying "Fan Favorites" in regard to Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis.

I am ambivalent about Woo, but Lewis was the perfect example of the bad joke sidekick inserted for comedy relief that grows progressively more annoying. I understand Woo is a character from the books, but do not believe that to be the case with Lewis.

So, are they fan favorites as characters in MCU?

If so, is it simply a trick of language where Kat Denning's mom says Darcy Lewis is her favorite character, and people genuinely like Randall Park?

In literally all of the MCU, there is no character I would name before Darcy Lewis as "Who should we remove..." so I might be a little biased here.

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Darcy was my favorite part of the first two Thor movies.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

6. - Top - End - #126

I loved Woo. Darcy, meh, I can take or leave, but it's not like the first two Thor movies did any of their female characters much justice. If the MCU can redeem Jane Foster then I'll judge Darcy on her own merits.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I loved Woo. Darcy, meh, I can take or leave, but it's not like the first two Thor movies did any of their female characters much justice. If the MCU can redeem Jane Foster then I'll judge Darcy on her own merits.
    I mean, the first two Thor movies couldn't even manage to do the title character justice them getting side characters justice would have been too much.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

I know enough people who genuinely enjoyed Kat Denning's character that I don't really have an issue with that. My friend's favourite part of The Dark World was her "Meow-Meow!" line in response to Mjolnir flying by.

I liked Randall Park's role in Ant-Man and the Wasp. He fit the tone of that movie and it was nice seeing what was functionally a minor antagonist be treated as this pleasant, geeky guy who's just doing his job. It reminded me of how they treated Bobby Cannavale's character in the first Ant-Man, where he's technically a minor antagonist but clearly a decent and likeable guy who cared a great deal for Scott's ex-wife and daughter.

I could see either of them ending up working in SWORD in some capacity.

Anyways, there has been a pretty substantive change in people's lives with IW and Endgame what with the Snapture and all. We really haven't been given the chance to see how that's changed the lives of relatively normal people like a Darcy Lewis or Jimmy Woo outside of the narrow perspective of the one Spider-Man movie, so I am curious if that'll be addressed here in WV.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I love and hate the first two Thor movies. They are something generally I am fond of, but they are messy and do not flow as well as they should.

I like Darcy in those two movies for if you can't get the flow right, might as well pivot to comedy to help try to prolong the joy and nice positive feeling.

------

That said, while all of the above is true, my honest feelings. Darcy could not save the far more "speedbumps" that occur in the Thor 2 movie. Especially with the 3rd act where I can totally understand reappraising her character due to unnecessary hijanks in London, that the movie's director felt was necessary to have as part of Act 3 in the movie.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-01-28 at 11:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Episode 4 is out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Some interesting cameos, and plot revelations sooner than I was expecting them.

I think that the audience that needed a break from the sitcom reality, and a more direct connection to the MCU timeline, will enjoy it more than the previous three :)
    Last edited by Clertar; 2021-01-29 at 05:53 AM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Banned

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I love and hate the first two Thor movies. They are something generally I am fond of, but they are messy and do not flow as well as they should.

I like Darcy in those two movies for if you can't get the flow right, might as well pivot to comedy to help try to prolong the joy and nice positive feeling.

------

That said, while all of the above is true, my honest feelings. Darcy could not save the far more "speedbumps" that occur in the Thor 2 movie. Especially with the 3rd act where I can totally understand reappraising her character due to unnecessary hijanks in London, that the movie's director felt was necessary to have as part of Act 3 in the movie.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I liked the Darcy character as a comedic one-liner add in and I though the whacky portal fight scene in the third act was the sole enjoyable part of the dreadful second movie.

that being said, I'm interested to see how they weave Woo and D'arcy into SWORD in Wandavision. Because in the blind it feels a little "what B characters, played by actors who aren't currently busy, are available to shove into these slots. how about... no we killed that one... Jane Foster? No... she's busy... Maria Hill? no... she's busy... man, we sure do kill a lot of B characters." But I'm holding on until I see how they do it.

(as a Agents of Shield quasi-fan, it would be cool to see Fitz and/or Simmons in the background running some tech though)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I liked the Darcy character as a comedic one-liner add in and I though the whacky portal fight scene in the third act was the sole enjoyable part of the dreadful second movie.

that being said, I'm interested to see how they weave Woo and D'arcy into SWORD in Wandavision. Because in the blind it feels a little "what B characters, played by actors who aren't currently busy, are available to shove into these slots. how about... no we killed that one... Jane Foster? No... she's busy... Maria Hill? no... she's busy... man, we sure do kill a lot of B characters." But I'm holding on until I see how they do it.

(as a Agents of Shield quasi-fan, it would be cool to see Fitz and/or Simmons in the background running some tech though)

Spoiler: Episode 4 spoilers
    Show
    So weaving them in actually made great sense. Woo is involved because him looking into a missing persons kicked everything off and then Darcy comes in thanks to S.W.O.R.D. having literally no idea what is going on and needing to bring in experts in everything to look into it. Only downside was that a bit of the exposition felt forced, but having Darcy do it snarkily helped with that a lot.

Anyways great episode and count me in on the "Darcy was one of the best things in the Thor movies" train as well so I'm happy to see her back. Same for Woo.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

New episode, and outstanding.

Spoiler
    Show
    When Jimmy Woo snapped out his FBI card, I laughed harder than I have in weeks. Brilliant reference to his Ant-Man appearance, and a nice reminder as to the passage of time. Clearly Jimmy Woo has had a few years to improve his close-up magic game.

And Darcy apparently took the plunge to become an actual astrophysicist, as opposed to a poli-sci major who just snarked about astrophysics. Presumably being on a first-name basis with Thor counted as a letter of recommendation.

This episode more than rewards plowing through the first three. Yeah, I’m onboard now. Darcy and Woo are a hilarious pair.

Originally Posted by Mordar
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am ambivalent about Woo, but Lewis was the perfect example of the bad joke sidekick inserted for comedy relief that grows progressively more annoying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For me it’s just the opposite—a snarky, annoying character who gradually grew on me.

Originally Posted by Gallowglass
    Spoiler
    Show
    …as a Agents of Shield quasi-fan, it would be cool to see Fitz and/or Simmons in the background running some tech though….
    Spoiler: Who Ya Gonna Call?
    Show
    I would’ve loved that as well. But it does raise the question of why S.W.O.R.D. is involved instead of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I mean, this is directly in S.H.I.E.L.D’s wheelhouse. Random weird stuff, check. Disruptions in small-town America involving energy fields and warped reality, check. Mysterious signals in the fabric of the cosmos involving the Avengers, check.

Why wouldn’t S.H.I.E.L.D. be involved? Why bring in S.W.O.R.D.?

I know zilch about S.W.O.R.D. from the comics, but if S.H.I.E.L.D. is still operating then they would seem to be the first ones to call. From what we saw in the finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., they’re back to running ops all over the world, so I have to wonder why S.H.I.E.L.D. isn’t involved in some way.

Originally Posted by Gallowglass
    Spoiler
    Show
    “…man, we sure do kill a lot of B characters.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, like that other agent, what’s-his-name, Son of Coul or something? Kind of in the background, and then they killed him off.

Spoiler: Darker Moment
    Show
    The moment with dead Vision (dare we call him ZombieVision?) was genuinely disturbing, and it does strong suggest that Wanda is creating the WestView demiplane in denial of his loss, which may or may not have been amplified and/or hijacked by AIM or some other villainous entity.

Speaking of AIM, they're really pushing the hexagon angle, to the point that it's one of Woo's top questions--but why would AIM go to all the trouble of ensuring their logo is represented in physical space?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2021-01-29 at 01:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Show
    I would’ve loved that as well. But it does raise the question of why S.W.O.R.D. is involved instead of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I mean, this is directly in S.H.I.E.L.D’s wheelhouse. Random weird stuff, check. Disruptions in small-town America involving energy fields and warped reality, check. Mysterious signals in the fabric of the cosmos involving the Avengers, check.

I know zilch about S.W.O.R.D. from the comics, but if S.H.I.E.L.D. is still operating then they would seem to be the first ones to call. From what we saw in the finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., they’re back to running ops all over the world, so I have to wonder why S.H.I.E.L.D. isn’t involved in some way.

Spoiler: S.W.O.R.D. details
    Show
    The Short answer is that S.H.I.E.L.D. was a TV show, and after the split between the TV and Movie side of things during Civil War, which is itself a bit of a wild story, having any degree of strong crossover between them became much more difficult. As far as the movies might be concerned literally none of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could have happened, Phil really is dead, and the agency is just dead with S.W.O.R.D. has taken over it's remit. Honestly I consider this to be more and more likely to be true every day.

S.W.O.R.D. incidentally could be described as the CIA to the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s FBI with it's focus being handling extra terrestrial threats and incidents in comparison to S.H.I.E.L.D.s focus on domestic on Earth problems. In the MCU it looks like it was then retooled into being an all around "super human problems"

Show
    The moment with dead Vision (dare we call him ZombieVision?) was genuinely disturbing, and it does strong suggest that Wanda is creating the WestView demiplane in denial of his loss, which may or may not have been amplified and/or hijacked by AIM or some other villainous entity.

Speaking of AIM, they're really pushing the hexagon angle, to the point that it's one of Woo's top questions--but why would AIM go to all the trouble of ensuring their logo is represented in physical space?
    Spoiler: The question of HEXs
    Show
    Wanda hexes things so I think its' just a pun.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2021-01-29 at 01:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

New episode, and outstanding.

Show

Spoiler: Responding to Who Ya Gonna Call?
    Show

So this is like 3 different points that flow together but they may not appear to flow together at first.

i)
    So S.W.O.R.D. was introduced in the comics in the year 2004 with the writer Joss Whedon adding them to his Astonishing X-Men comics run. They handle off world threats in the comics while S.H.I.E.L.D handles Earthly threats. Different threat-assessment profile.

ii)

The Same Joss Whedon who did some X-Men comics and things like Buffy in the past later did Avengers 2012 and Avengers Age of Ultron 2015 and dozens of other things I am going to pass over right now. Joss also launched the Agent of Shields tv show on ABC but there were also other people involved such as his brother Jed Whedon (there are like 5 famous Whedons in this family with various writting and hollywood jobs over the decades), Maurissa Tancharoen for ABC, Jeffrey Bell (writer and producer, showrunner for AGENTS of Shield), etc.

Unfortunately in hindsight Agents of Shield was never going to be important for the MCU and if you unfocus and look from a 30k perspective in the air it would make sense.

TV shows like Agents of Shield, Buffy, etc will have no clue if they are going to be renewed season by season. Furthermore they produce a lot of content per year. There is like 122 hours total of the 7 seasons of agents of shields not counting spin offs, and in the first season there is over 14 hours of content and thus we are talking something more than 3 Lord of the Ring movies **extended edition** by like 2 hours. It is both unapproachable for newbies but also you can't plan out more than a season 1 long arc for you do not know if the show is going to be renewed and thus your characters are stuck where they can develop but they also have to be familiar at the end of the day kind of like a sitcom. Agents of SHIELD and so on attract a certain type of friend and push away a more mainstream audience for you are "encouraging people" for learning all this lore like it is an investment game while simultaneously "punishing people" who did not do the reading / watching. Lots of people find this off-putting even if it's so rewarding to a certain type of fan.

Combine that Jeph Loeb was in charge of Marvel Television and not Kevin Feige and you are purposefully splitting the tv from the movie universe story wise. (Loeb famous prior to his marvel job with Agents of Shield, Netflix Marvel, etc did Smallville, Lost, and Heroes as various levels of producer)
    -----

What Kevin Feige is doing now with Disney Plus shows is that they are all targeting the goal of 6ish hours per season per show. It is thus 1/3rd the investment of 22 to 26 episode tv series that is 40 to 45 minutes per show. Likewise these stories are going to be self contained and since you know they are finished you can write stories where the character actually advances and changes instead of creating a story format where the amount of change is far more gradual over 100+ hours of television. We are talking television which is merely 3x the movie length of a non Avengers, non Civil War movie for their average length is 1 hour 52 minutes to 2 hours 16 minutes aka 2 hours goal.
    iii)

Lastly to my understanding and recollection S.H.I.E.L.D. was broken down in the MCU movies (not the Agent of Shields show) after (2014) Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier when those flying Carriers were commandeered by Hydra hiding inside S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yes Nick Fury was still doing his thing with flying helicarriers in (2015) Age of Ultron but that was not S.H.I.E.L.D. Likewise Fury was doing S.W.O.R.D. stuff in (2018) Infinity War and (2019) Spiderman Far From Home After Credit Scene.

In sum I am hand waving all this complexity.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-01-29 at 02:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Darcy won me over when her response to Thor was to tase him. Loved her ever since. I love that they've made her a full on astrophysicist while retaining the levels of snark.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Re: SWORD vs SHIELD
    Show

Even if they definitively declare Agents of SHIELD to be canon to the movies, SHIELD could have just rebranded themselves - they’ve been labeled terrorists and mixed up with HYDRA enough, plus the five year gap with the Blip the show never addressed, to potentially decide that a clean slate was in order.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Darcy won me over when her response to Thor was to tase him. Loved her ever since. I love that they've made her a full on astrophysicist while retaining the levels of snark.
    Yep, in less than a minute Darcy re-evaluated the situation several times.

1) I want to make out with him
    2) Oh no this guy is high as ****
    3) Oh no this guy is speaking gibberish and is aggressive
    4) Taser

Good survival instincts on this girl! And now she is a PhD scientist plus still she remains extremely practical. Good rogue to have on your science team full of paladins.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Agents of SHIELD spoilers
    Show

At the end of Agents of SHIELD, SHIELD seems to exist, although a lot smaller. operating under it's old name and with official sanction by the government.

Presumably, that is non-canon to mainline MCU.

Wandavision seems to present SWORD as a different organization, one that co-existed with SHIELD for at least a few years. Judging by their base of operations, SWORD seems to have survived the fall of SHIELD intact, but seems more of a militarized NASA than the SHIELD mashup of the CIA and the Millitary. It's possible they're taking over some of SHIELD's old portfolio as the go-to people for "Weird Stuff".

In this case, it seem that Wu ran into a town he couldn't enter and that nobody seemed to remember, and called in SWORD so he could borrow a drone. The Drone we see seems pretty distinctly for use on earth, it's an RC copter, presumably with better battery life and fancier cameras than the type of drones consumers have access too.

And the request can't be THAT weird. When Monica shows up, Wu says that he showed up to investigate "This morning", so it took less than a day for the request to make its way through the system to Haywood's desk (Although it's possible he was looking for an easy, safe job for Monica to do on her first day back, and "Deliver and operate an imaging drone in New Jersey" seemed to fit the bill.

Darcy mentions a bunch of agencies have responded to assemble the "Camp", but SWORD appears to be in charge, possibly because their star agent/daughter of their founder is missing, and Haywood is the highest ranked person around, even if "Investigate Weird Stuff In New Jersey" isn't technically their job description.

Edit: Although if S.W.O.R.D IS Some flavor of superNasa, it's weird that Darcy is an outsider. She's an astrophysicist, and you'd think Supernasa would have plenty of those on payroll without needing to call in outsiders. Maybe her resume is flagged as "Familiar with Weird" due to her association with Thor, so they called her in for an outside perspective and she happened to pick up the signal and connect it to a broadcast frequency.
    Last edited by BRC; 2021-01-29 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #140

See, ye of little faith? Things are getting much more interesting

Analysis time:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm loving the perspective of the Snap ("Blip") from someone who was affected by it, but had no idea what happened or who was responsible until later. Peter experienced it too obviously, in FFH, but he had something to latch onto (Thanos being responsible) and other heroes who could explain the details to him (most notably Strange.) Monica had none of these things.

Speaking of Monica, I suspect that she was mostly overwritten by the "script" once getting pulled inside the anomaly, forgetting everything about the world outside until Wanda jogged her memory by mentioning Pietro - but we'll probably get a much better sense of what she was able to hold onto and what she lost while she was "in-character." (Honestly though Monica - was touching the weird space-time distortion with your bare hand really your first instinct? Did they teach you that in SWORD?

Spoiler
    Show
    Presumably being on a first-name basis with Thor counted as a letter of recommendation.
    Spoiler: Creds
    Show
    I suspect that knowing Jane Foster (herself one of, if not the most famous astrophysicist in the U) had as much to do with it if not more - but yeah, I'm loving the evolution of her character.

Show

Spoiler: Hints
    Show
    Jimmy Woo's whiteboard is hilarious on multiple levels. His questions are the larger ones rattling around the fanbase as a whole, and all of the "townsfolk's" real names are the names of actual Marvel production staff.

Speaking of his board, it's interesting to note that they've identified all of the real townsfolk but two - Dotty, the social queen of the cul-de-sac (played by Anya from Buffy, so likely to be a prominent character) and Agnes herself, who we already know is going to be prominent from the trailers.

Finally, concerning Vision - him not quite being alive is a good explanation for why Wanda has no desire to leave, whether he is an illusion or simply depends on the pocket reality to stay animate. One thing I did find interesting was his "super-speed power, which I don't think he ever had in the comics - is she projecting a bit of her brother in there too?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2021-01-29 at 04:57 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Same.

So sad she wasn't in three, so glad she is coming back for four.

She was also the only good part of this weeks episode. I hate it when shows (or movies) pull the camera back prematurely to tell us what we already could have figured out on our own.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by BRC
    Spoiler
    Show
    …[S.W.O.R.D.] seems more of a militarized NASA….
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting, since the aerial shot of S.W.O.R.D. HQ had a very Cape Canaveral feel to it, as if S.W.O.R.D. was just down the road from Pad 39A.

Originally Posted by Dragonus45
    Spoiler
    Show
    S.W.O.R.D. incidentally could be described as the CIA to the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s FBI with it's focus being handling extra terrestrial threats and incidents in comparison to S.H.I.E.L.D.s focus on domestic on Earth problems.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe that’s true in the comics, but in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. they spent the last couple seasons in and out of space, sometimes bouncing all over the galaxy. In that show, they didn’t seem to distinguish between terrestrial and extraterrestrial issues, especially since their mutant Inhuman challenges all traced back to a certain bunch of blue extraterrestrials.

Since S.W.O.R.D. has been renamed for this show, with their odd phrasing about “Sentient Weapon” issues, I’m wondering if they’re more specifically involved with tracking and neutralizing super-persons. Remember that in Civil War, Tony Stark referred to Wanda as a weapon of mass destruction, and Secretary Ross compared Thor and Banner to warheads, so this “sentient weapon” version of S.W.O.R.D. may be an extension of that line of thinking.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe that’s true in the comics, but in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. they spent the last couple seasons in and out of space, sometimes bouncing all over the galaxy. In that show, they didn’t seem to distinguish between terrestrial and extraterrestrial issues, especially since their mutant Inhuman challenges all traced back to a certain bunch of blue extraterrestrials.

Since S.W.O.R.D. has been renamed for this show, with their odd phrasing about “Sentient Weapon” issues, I’m wondering if they’re more specifically involved with tracking and neutralizing super-persons. Remember that in Civil War, Tony Stark referred to Wanda as a weapon of mass destruction, and Secretary Ross compared Thor and Banner to warheads, so this “sentient weapon” version of S.W.O.R.D. may be an extension of that line of thinking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So WandaVision seems to imply that S.W.O.R.D. was initially space focused when Monica is getting caught up on everything going on, and also like I said earlier Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is very much not on the minds of the people making the movies over at Marvel. I do expect to one day see some cameos and acknowledgment to a degree but I highly doubt it's events are informing much of anything going on in the writers rooms to strongly.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: latest ep.
    Show
    I love how this latest episode completely destroyed most people's theories on the show. Bee Keeper has nothing to do with Aim.

None of the people involved being people spying on her.

in fact no evil organization at all involved. Just people Wanda's kidnapped or trapped.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure Devonix

Spoiler: Episode 4 out of a total of 9 episodes
    Show

(I am going to be a little hyperbolic in a playful tongue and cheek way, I apologize if I seem too smug )

We are 4 episodes out of 9 so far. Furthermore the episodes are going to get longer from now on, and also Episode 4 I think is the longest episode so far 🤔

Thus we feel confident of all the tensions, all the hazards, all the antagonist when we are only what 30% maybe 40% through the 6 hour show?

If Wanda is the only force of nature in this conflict then what type of story do we have?
    Person v. Person,
    Person v. Self,
    Person v. Fate / God / Devil(s)
    Person v. Nature
    Person v. Society
    Person v. Unknown / Extraterrestrial / Lovecraftian-Horror
    Person v. Technology / Machinery
    Person v. Yadda

It is all about Wanda being the center of the conflict and Sword or someone else is going to try to stop Wanda? Thus based off trailers Wanda is going to recruit Vision to do a heroic stand and to fight the invaders? Is that the story we are in? Are we certain of this?

I feel we should wait and listen for I do not feel we should be confident of what we know. Much like a game of poker, one card gets turn over one at a time by the dealer. Only 4 cards shown so far out of 9.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Sure Devonix

Spoiler: Episode 4 out of a total of 9 episodes
    Show

(I am going to be a little hyperbolic in a playful tongue and cheek way, I apologize if I seem too smug )

We are 4 episodes out of 9 so far. Furthermore the episodes are going to get longer from now on, and also Episode 4 I think is the longest episode so far 🤔

Thus we feel confident of all the tensions, all the hazards, all the antagonist when we are only what 30% maybe 40% through the 6 hour show?

If Wanda is the only force of nature in this conflict then what type of story do we have?
    Person v. Person,
    Person v. Self,
    Person v. Fate / God / Devil(s)
    Person v. Nature
    Person v. Society
    Person v. Unknown / Extraterrestrial / Lovecraftian-Horror
    Person v. Technology / Machinery
    Person v. Yadda

It is all about Wanda being the center of the conflict and Sword or someone else is going to try to stop Wanda? Thus based off trailers Wanda is going to recruit Vision to do a heroic stand and to fight the invaders? Is that the story we are in? Are we certain of this?

I feel we should wait and listen for I do not feel we should be confident of what we know. Much like a game of poker, one card gets turn over one at a time by the dealer. Only 4 cards shown so far out of 9.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not saying we know everything. Just that those specific theories people had were completely wrong.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Spoiler
    Show

I still think there's an outside force at play. Someone has to be censoring the transmissions, right?

Also, crossing fingers that there's a scene in CM2 somewhere where Carol says bye to Maria, or shows up to her funeral.

Last edited by understatement; 2021-01-29 at 07:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I still think there's an outside force at play. Someone has to be censoring the transmissions, right?

Also, crossing fingers that there's a scene in CM2 somewhere where Carol says bye to Maria, or shows up to her funeral.

Spoiler
    Show
    That really came across as Wanda though. We literally See Wanda censoring things. There can be an outside force involved somewhat. But everytime something's been censored we See Wanda being the one to do it.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2021-01-29 at 07:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    My personal theory as of episode 3:

Spoiler
    Show

From all the clues and things we've given, it seems clear that Wanda was abducted by Hydra. The Beekeeper and the various Hexagon symbolism though suggests a possible re-branding into a "Hive" sort of deal, or perhaps both Hydra and this "Hive" organization both teamed up. The toaster from the first episode sounded a lot like a heart monitor, so my guess is Wander is in a medically induced Coma, and what we're seeing is basically her coma-dream. As per the ending of the first episode, this Dream is somehow viewable to those in reality via TV. With each episode jumping forwards a decade (40's, 50's, 60's so far) as to what kind of show it manifests as.

Since Wanda's pregnancy in the third episode happened so quickly, my guess is that her captors induced a pregnancy in her in the real world as well, and while only a single day passed for her, she's been in this coma for at least a year now. time seeming to pass much slower for her due to many long stretches of complete unconsciousness. Her body is always in it's current state though, so when she starts dreaming again after several months, it appears like her pregnancy has jumped forward several months from her perspective. Maybe the real-world baby is also the child of Vision, or perhaps not. But i think Hydra / "Hive" is trying to get a superhero of their own through Wanda, hoping her powers will be genetic. Something similar to the plot of the F.E.A.R. franchise I'm guessing, psychically-controlled clone army is still a possibility.

Except for Wanda, all the characters (Vision included) are likely all fictional and made up by Wanda's mind. From the neighbor's talking in the 3rd episode though, it seems like they may be at least somewhat aware of their fictional status, as that's what I'm guessing they were trying to tell vision, "We're all... because we're all..."

At the very end of Episode 3, it kind of looks like Monica was ejected completely out of the dream entirely and into the real-world. This could either mean it's possible to make Wanda's fictional characters real, or that Monica was a real person who was somehow able to ender the coma-dream to communicate with Wanda (Which seems to be implied from the neighbors, saying she didn't "have a home" and "came here" and all that.) If she IS a completely fictional person who was just ejected into the real world though, this could possibly be a way to get Vision back into the real-world, by ejecting him out of Wanda's dream.

From that final segment, it seems like there was a small town kind of sanctioned off and surrounded by polls projecting some kind of stasis field or something, so it's possible Wanda's dream is actually occurring in a physical location, perhaps all the characters inside are actually real-people that are almost being puppeted to fit Wanda's dream. Or perhaps the layout of the town is just being mapped into Wanda's dream to keep things consistent? i don't know. It doesn't look like Monica was ejected from that barrier surrounding the town though, more like some nondescript location in the sky nearby. so it's really up in the air i suppose. Either way, I'm pretty sure that was Hydra / Hive surrounding her at the end there, being at the center of it all.
    well, looks like almost all of my theory has been debunked in a single episode. that's gotta be a record :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

I think the "Sentient Weapon" bit is more specifically aimed at AI and nanotech research, rather than simply being the general superpeople-watchdogs the way SHIELD are.

As for Agents of Shield, I don't expect many links to WV at all. Expecting people to watch a few movies to have a basis for what's going on is one thing, but AoS is many, many more hours of story than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler: latest ep.
    Show
    I love how this latest episode completely destroyed most people's theories on the show. Bee Keeper has nothing to do with Aim.

None of the people involved being people spying on her.

in fact no evil organization at all involved. Just people Wanda's kidnapped or trapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not saying we know everything. Just that those specific theories people had were completely wrong.
    Your last two aren't fully confirmed yet actually.

The first was a misdirect though, yeah.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2021-01-30 at 01:22 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy