New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Call of Cthulhu- All at Sea

Hello all,

Putting out a call for resources for a game I am planning, a Call of Cthulhu one-shot/split across a couple of sessions, involving a “simple” murder mystery on a trans-Atlantic passenger liner circa 1920. The esoteric, actual plot and horror aspects I have outlined already, but what I could do with is some GM tools- maps etc, for the ship itself.

Obviously a liner is quite a big space once you get down to it, so ideally I want a plan or a map I can provide to players where they can have some freedom to choose where to investigate, but isn’t a) so detailed that I have to plan a whole passenger manifest in every cabin and cranny but also b) isn’t so small that they are railroaded into one or two obvious “here be plot” locations.

Ideally if there is a game or published scenario that uses this setting that I can adapt, that would be fab. I have looked at existing ship plans and found them to be too detailed or too technical. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be extremely grateful!
    Last edited by SpanielBear; 2021-01-16 at 02:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu- All at Sea

There's a Stygian Fox scenario called Autophagia set on an ocean liner. It may include floor plans, although it might just be public art that they've used. There's also a CoC scenario called Transatlantic Terror, but I haven't read it, check Seth's review on youtube.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu- All at Sea

It did seem like too obvious a 20’s trope for it not to have been explored! Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll check them out.
    Have fun, stay sane, enjoy the madness.