New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Magical spaces similar to demiplanes in real-world myths and folklore?

{{Scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2021-01-16 at 05:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Magical spaces similar to demiplanes in real-world myths and folklore?

Similar to Tuatha de Danan, to the point of being pretty much an Arthurian/high Middle Ages expy is the Isle of Avalon, the realm of the Lady of the Lake that Arthur is taken to and from whence he shall return, etc.

Fiddler’s Green is another such space, a more modern Anglo myth I believe but a place stumbled across by chance that is peaceful and restful.
    Have fun, stay sane, enjoy the madness.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Magical spaces similar to demiplanes in real-world myths and folklore?

{{Scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2021-01-16 at 05:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre: Discussion of real-world religions, even when couched as "mythology", are against the rules of this forum.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.