New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Need help with back story as to why I have learned Faerie Mysteries Initiate!

So, I'm playing this Gish, which I talked about in this thread. I want to take the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat, because its amazing for my character, but I'm fairly certain that if my DM allows me to take it, its going to be because I've somehow convinced him in my back story.

So what could be some good ideas for why I have it, considering my character - and the campaign - is in Faerun?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Melcar; 2021-01-17 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    tippy's posted, thread's over now

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Need help with back story as to why I have learned Faerie Mysteries Initiate!

Character could be a transplant from another plane. Or your lover is from that setting and taught you the "passions".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Need help with back story as to why I have learned Faerie Mysteries Initiate!

This post:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...hift-questions

It talks about using shadow walk to get between Prime Material planes (Oerth and Faerun in this case)

Have your character apprenticed to an elven blade master who traveled through the planes