New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default To Attack Evermeet.

I wish to attack Evermeet. Now, Queen Amlaruil will appear first (Along with anybody in her presence at that time.) Due to the magic of the ring she wears. But before I kill her I want to have secretly Infiltrated her islands already. Placing spells that cut magical transportation and communication off from the outside as well as a one way wall of force around the entire island.
    After I accomplish these things, I want to know what sort of strategies the elves will use in attacking my undead forces and invasion of the island.
    Research of the Monorachy was already done, as well the capital Leuthilspar and sorrounding towns/cities.
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.

I present Jazath and his Borg

A wise man once said "To be insane in an insane world is to be a DM!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: To Attack Evermeet.

Is there a question in here? Something specific you want help with?
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Despair View Post
    Is there a question in here? Something specific you want help with?
    My character is smarter than I am. I need to know how the elves will possibly react to the invasion (Which in return I pretend my character knows about it .)
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    But before I kill her I want to have secretly Infiltrated her islands already. Placing spells that cut magical transportation and communication off from the outside as well as a one way wall of force around the entire island.
    Halaster's Teleport Cage will stop magical transportation. An anti-magic field might do the same. Dimensional anchor, if you have a trap of it to trigger on the queen somehow, should also do the trick.

One-way wall of force is tougher, especially at that scale. Using the feat Craft Contingent Spell along with Wall of Force could do it maybe. Or maybe Antipathy around the edge? Using regular-old contingency on Sympathy in the area the queen was in could be easier.

After I accomplish these things, I want to know what sort of strategies the elves will use in attacking my undead forces and invasion of the island.
    Research of the Monorachy was already done, as well the capital Leuthilspar and sorrounding towns/cities.
    This is almost impossible to answer without more information. At present, all I can suggest is using divination. Augury could be useful to see if they have a counter to a certain strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-01-19 at 11:44 PM.
    Spoiler: In case this signature gets lengthy
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    A game setting does need to be designed to be fun and functional to game in.

But there's more to good worldbuilding than piling the "parts to game in" on a big pile.

Farmland isn't there to be adventured in, primarily, but one assumes it's still there and part of the landscape -- just because adventurers don't go there often doesn't mean it doesn't or shouldn't or needn't exist.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Dragon View Post
    {scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    Well, Evermeet is a great strategic location. And a way to dispose of many High Magic users that poses a threat to my Evil Wizard. I am really bad at asking these questions so let me rephrase it.

I know what spells to use, however once I am through with the queen I will send scouts up ahead. At the moment she dies multiple portals will open up in each city and town on the island. Taking control over vital settlements and whatnot. The elves will be bombarded by magic users, paragon skeletons, dragons, and golems. A full force invasion. Once I dealt the first blow against its people likely is that they retreat to the forests and mountains. Which then I presume a counter strike with occur against us. I will have full control over their cities. What would their first objective be? What sorts of places can they retreat specifically not on the maps?

7. - Top - End - #7

{scrubbed}

Also Evermeet is not exactly a strategic location. It's too remote for anything useful.
    Show

But there's more to good worldbuilding than piling the "parts to game in" on a big pile.

Farmland isn't there to be adventured in, primarily, but one assumes it's still there and part of the landscape -- just because adventurers don't go there often doesn't mean it doesn't or shouldn't or needn't exist.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Historically, assaulting Evermeet traditionally requires the direct assistance of a god. Not a cleric casting spells, a god literally doing odd things to subvert the defences. The place is literally protected by the Seldarine and its defences were created by said elven gods. So you would have to be prepared for a lot of epic-level fiat on this one if your DM is going to play it according to the lore.

As to where the counterattack would come from: depending on the date, you could meet an endless invasion force from the Feywild, since the planes are thin between the Prime Material Plane and the Feywild specifically in and around Evermeet. You might take Evermeet, but you'll never hold it.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Historically, assaulting Evermeet traditionally requires the direct assistance of a god. Not a cleric casting spells, a god literally doing odd things to subvert the defences. The place is literally protected by the Seldarine and its defences were created by said elven gods. So you would have to be prepared for a lot of epic-level fiat on this one if your DM is going to play it according to the lore.

As to where the counterattack would come from: depending on the date, you could meet an endless invasion force from the Feywild, since the planes are thin between the Prime Material Plane and the Feywild specifically in and around Evermeet. You might take Evermeet, but you'll never hold it.
    Evermeet itself is literally a displaced piece of Arvandor, to boot. The place doesn't exactly behave much like the material plane, and even reaching it is virtually impossible unless you know the right stars to follow and when.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Dragon View Post
    {scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    To have fun, I would imagine?

Good luck giving it to those racist elves.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-01-19 at 11:45 PM.
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post

"requires the direct assistance of a god."? Pah! I have faced countless of entire pantheons and won! (I'm leveled in the hundreds) I'll destroy the entire plane of feywild. Plunging everybody to war in an endless loop of chaos. Once that is done I'll lay siege to Mystra and HER minions. I already have support from Cyric and Lolth. Who is providing me the drow as additional support.

My name is Jazath the Phane. (603 Wizard/5 Archmage/32 Fighter/18 Legendary Dreadnought) Who is not afraid of a little competition. So, if you see my level you are bound to see I'm not afraid of the gods. I am prepared to deal with Feywild and all of Seldarines clerics. Even herself if necessary. I want to slaughter the Elven people. That is my goal and reason for the attack.

12. - Top - End - #12

I don't believe that there's anything in Faerűn at all that can challenge you at that point.

You could probably just literally nuke the island from literal orbit with a researched epic spell.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Wizard 603? Hmmm at most tables levelups tend to happen once a month or so... 603/12... 50 years...

Even with a level every week that leaves you wt nearly 13 continuous years of play. Hats off to you.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Spamalot in the Playground

"requires the direct assistance of a god."? Pah! I have faced countless of entire pantheons and won! (I'm leveled in the hundreds) I'll destroy the entire plane of feywild. Plunging everybody to war in an endless loop of chaos. Once that is done I'll lay siege to Mystra and HER minions. I already have support from Cyric and Lolth. Who is providing me the drow as additional support.

My name is Jazath the Phane. (603 Wizard/5 Archmage/32 Fighter/18 Legendary Dreadnought) Who is not afraid of a little competition. So, if you see my level you are bound to see I'm not afraid of the gods. I am prepared to deal with Feywild and all of Seldarines clerics. Even herself if necessary. I want to slaughter the Elven people. That is my goal and reason for the attack.
    At level 600 you're well past what a rules discussion can reasonably cover - everything hinges on the kinds of challenges your GM will devise, if "challenge" is even the right word to use. You could develop an epic spell that strips the Seldarine of all their power for instance, or become a deity yourself. I'm not even sure you'd need Lolth and Cyric's help at that point.

Unless the good guys managed to get a caster of their own that kept up with you, Toril is pretty screwed and you won D&D. Even if they did, you could probably nuke Evermeet purely in passing without even invading directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, by that point, you're far, far into the kinds of levels where it's just

Player: "I create an epic spell called "Whatever I want""
    DM: "It's countered by my epic spell called Nuh-uh"
    Player: "Actually, I cast "Yes I do" first, that makes my spell immune to Nuh-uh"
    DM: "Alright. Roll 400d20+4.75*10^12"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Yeah, by that point, you're far, far into the kinds of levels where it's just

Player: "I create an epic spell called "Whatever I want""
    DM: "It's countered by my epic spell called Nuh-uh"
    Player: "Actually, I cast "Yes I do" first, that makes my spell immune to Nuh-uh"
    DM: "Alright. Roll 400d20+4.75*10^12"
    Sounds like Exploding Kittens

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by smetzger View Post
    Sounds like Exploding Kittens
    You'd probably be better off resolving conflicts that way instead of "I roll 1d20 + 697"
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Wizard 603? Hmmm at most tables levelups tend to happen once a month or so... 603/12... 50 years...

Even with a level every week that leaves you wt nearly 13 continuous years of play. Hats off to you.
    Wow now! We started our evil campaign at high levels. I only had 2 months of gameplay. Now don't get me wrong, I have a character I did 18 years of gameplay. This new campaign was just something our DM decided to do for fun. Facing off as a high level character against world sized beholders, ultra celestials and such. Oh so much fun.

Besides, Has anyone ever wanted to venture as such a high level as my phane?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

I was going to ask, "what do you do for XP", but "beholders the size of planets" answers that, I suppose.

Being "smarter than you" doesn't guarantee that the character had any concept of military strategy. Of course, epic levels in Fighter don't hurt that argument. Even so, "what's not on the map" seems far-fetched for your character to know just because they're "smart".

a one way wall of force around the entire island.
    Should you develop such tech, Quertus, my signature academia mage for whom this account is named, might be interested in having a chat.

Speaking of tech, curious which pantheon(s) you killed, and how you survived the gods just willing you dead.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    I was going to ask, "what do you do for XP", but "beholders the size of planets" answers that, I suppose.

Being "smarter than you" doesn't guarantee that the character had any concept of military strategy. Of course, epic levels in Fighter don't hurt that argument. Even so, "what's not on the map" seems far-fetched for your character to know just because they're "smart".

Should you develop such tech, Quertus, my signature academia mage for whom this account is named, might be interested in having a chat.

Speaking of tech, curious which pantheon(s) you killed, and how you survived the gods just willing you dead.

Well, I am a greatly powerful abomination. And as I grew stronger my divine abilities grew more potent. SO even though my divine abilities increased I did not stray into demigod status. Since I'm still just an Abomination (In our campaign abominations can grow stronger with divinity as they gain many class levels.)
    Also I have epic spells to shield me from such proddings

Here are the pantheons i slayed (From the long backstory)
    -Greeks
    -The Aztec
    -The Elven universe of Geshtree. (All elven gods and people)
    -Viking Pantheon
    -A macrobe universe
    -The Quintacki Setting
    -The Egypt pantheon
    -

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, just conjure a 10-mile-wide Sphere of Annihilation over the thing you want gone with an Epic Spell via your +Yes Spellcraft modifier, my dude. Just make sure you design in a specific exception to the following spells: Foresight, the Celerity line, and Contingency. Do the same with Craft Contingent Spells.

If you've taken on that many gods, it doesn't particularly matter if some more of them show up to stop you, so you can approach this however you want.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Indeed, I might. It would be an honor to talk of such things.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, seriously, dude. You're a level 600+ spellcaster. Nothing in canon can touch you. Probably all of canon banding together can barely scratch you if they are smart about it.

Meaning, if there is anything in Evermeet that can challenge you, it's entirely made up by your DM and we can't possibly guess what it is, since it won't have any basis in any existing D&D books.

We can't help you.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2021-01-21 at 05:20 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, seriously, dude. You're a level 600+ spellcaster. Nothing in canon can touch you. Probably all of canon banding together can barely scratch you if they are smart about it.

Meaning, if there is anything in Evermeet that can challenge you, it's entirely made up by your DM and we can't possibly guess what it is, since it won't have any basis in any existing D&D books.

We can't help you.
    Well. I salute the attempt. I guess Jazath will muddle his way through. Probably conquer Toril while I am at it after I get through with the elves. Maybe I'll enslave them as my servants. Just break their will to live you know?
    Though I will have less difficult questions (Since this is the highest level character I played before.)
    By the way our party consists of three people
    A Paragon Demigod Hobgoblin Warlord (Muliclassed in like six classes)
    A Phane (That's me)
    And A Paragon Ulitharid (Crazy levels as a Psionic and Psychic warrior)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

For reference on the absurdity of your situation, Deities and Demigods published 4 major pantheons (Greyhawk, Egypt, Greek, and Norse). The gods in that book were ECL 60. Literally a tenth of your wizard level alone.

The correct way to proceed at your level of power is to simply unmake Toril and remake it without elves every having existed. That would be the probable recourse of a level 100 wizard, much less level 600.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

confused Re: To Attack Evermeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    For reference on the absurdity of your situation, Deities and Demigods published 4 major pantheons (Greyhawk, Egypt, Greek, and Norse). The gods in that book were ECL 60. Literally a tenth of your wizard level alone.

The correct way to proceed at your level of power is to simply unmake Toril and remake it without elves every having existed. That would be the probable recourse of a level 100 wizard, much less level 600.
    Well I don't want to do THAT!
    I want to throw them in a hopeless battle against my tyranny. Overwhelming odds against my legions of chromatic dragons, golems, and magical conjured entities. I want them to make great sacrifices that will be pointless in the long run. Just unmaking and remaking the world would not satisfy my dark desires or needs. (I never attempting to remake something before.)]
    I wish to watch them suffer for eternity.
    Then I'll focus on the rest of Toril. My DM says he's using reference from many 2e books and converting them to 3.5e statistics. I have a question, If I were to enslave the elven queen would the elves attempt to free her, or submit to me?

Also, what kinds of things can I do to make the elven people suffer both physically, mentally and spiritually?
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-01-22 at 11:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Probably conquer Toril while I am at it after I get through with the elves. Maybe I'll enslave them as my servants. Just break their will to live you know?
    Uh, sure, have fun with that.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Also, what kinds of things can I do to make the elven people suffer both physically, mentally and spiritually?
    Write a thread about how you're a 300 level wizard who has killed entire pantheons of gods rules-legally and post it on one of their internet forums?

Book of Vile Darkness might assist you. I don't think many of us can on this one.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground

We can't help you.
    This probably could be its own thread, but… I'm not so sure about that.

D&D has some definite… power curves / ramps in its "zero to hero" structure, but… is level 600 really all that substantially different from level 60 or 30?

Indeed, I might. It would be an honor to talk of such things.
    As this was posted 2 minutes before the PM, I'll reply here.

Amy preferences for the initial setup?

I'm actually struggling to get up to speed, because even the *physics* of the encounter is… interesting.

Oh, are any of you above divine rank 0 / count as a god? If so, it changes how Quertus is allowed to interact with y'all.

What kind of perception / senses does Jazath the Phane have? What does he care about / what do you want included in my descriptions?

Rather than a linear "play by post" style, I'll more post a "cut and paste into an outline", that we can flesh out as desired. Although it'll likely be days between my posts.

I doubt that this encounter will help with your stated questions, but I suppose it may have the possibility to change your perspective, at least. So, non-zero value.

Otherwise, unless you already asked, and were told, "shrug - ask the Playground", I suspect that your best results would come from directing these questions to your GM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

This probably could be its own thread, but… I'm not so sure about that.

D&D has some definite… power curves / ramps in its "zero to hero" structure, but… is level 600 really all that substantially different from level 60 or 30?

As this was posted 2 minutes before the PM, I'll reply here.

Amy preferences for the initial setup?

I'm actually struggling to get up to speed, because even the *physics* of the encounter is… interesting.

Oh, are any of you above divine rank 0 / count as a god? If so, it changes how Quertus is allowed to interact with y'all.

What kind of perception / senses does Jazath the Phane have? What does he care about / what do you want included in my descriptions?

Rather than a linear "play by post" style, I'll more post a "cut and paste into an outline", that we can flesh out as desired. Although it'll likely be days between my posts.

I doubt that this encounter will help with your stated questions, but I suppose it may have the possibility to change your perspective, at least. So, non-zero value.

Otherwise, unless you already asked, and were told, "shrug - ask the Playground", I suspect that your best results would come from directing these questions to your GM.

Are you implying an in-character interaction? Well swell!

First of all, the interaction of Querest would probably be for the exchange of knowledge. Maybe an alliance, depending on how much this mage nows, and how powerful he is (Jazath is always looking for new alliances.)

Jazath is considered not to be a deity. He has no worshipers, no clergy and no avatars. Though he does possess multiple divine abilities and such, but has no divine realm and considered a creature that exists outside the natural laws.
    He can reach the powers of gods, but is not able to actually become one.
    The Paragon Ulitharid is not a deity, our Hobgoblin IS though. It's likely you'll just meet Jazath. He is the only one of the group who would not attempt to kill quertus on sight.

If you are asking what kind of senses Jazath has, he can detect magic on will and possesses truesight up to 24,000 ft.
    Jazath believes the time to overthrow the gods has come. Time to unite all of creation under his banner. Jazath seeks to ruin the time stream and control it. Then believes to free the abominations and primordials (Jazath is a fanatic follower of Timesus)
    Jazath is cold, ruthless, takes joy in watching others suffer (Sadistic). He cares for his own survival, and respects his fellow allies. He fell in love once, cared deeply for a human named Iyraclea. Known as The Ice witch. She was killed by Zethrindor (Which drove Jazath mad) and took him into a raging insanity. He helped encourage Zethrindors old troops to rise up and slay him. Jazath then hunted down his phylactery and now keeps it beside him. Forever content on torturing Zeths essence. He seeks to bring back The Ice Queen to help rule by her side.

"cut and paste into an outline"? It will take me time to get used to that sort of interaction. So please forgive me if I mess up a little.

I hoped these answered any questions!