New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

d20 character build help

so we are playing a game of PF1e the issue is I work and need a character that can port in and out of the Modual Rise of the runelords as needed with my work squedual but also I want to play a non-disruptive yandere character in the vein of Nyu from elfin lied or Tokyo Goul.
    i initially built the character as a synthesis commoner but the DM while experienced is over whelmed with the number of followers and side character we've added too the team. and nixed the summoner as an option. so how do I work around this will play a kitsune
    and want caster/ bruiser of some sort. As i need more experience building casters but prefer frontliners
    Last edited by Athear; 2021-01-20 at 04:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: character build help

So seeing the blood tentacles spell I was thinking going wizard given ivards black tentacles and grabbing tentacles. But that would also require building into a gish any advice

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: character build help

have you considered a many tailed kitsune spellcaster of some kind? Maybe an arcanist or sorcerer that focuses on Illusion and Conjuration spells? It gives you the tails like from Tokyo Ghoul (albeit not quite the same) and you could probably flavor text your character to be a kitsune in mechanics, but appear physically different to match that image. I think there are some feats you can take that might give your tails slam attacks, and if not I would think that it wouldn't be too bad to ask for, especially if it isn't disruptive to the party.

I don't say wizard, but that's just my bias. There's nothing saying you can't wiz it up, just I don't enjoy wizards as much as their arcane spellcasting cousins the sorcerer and the arcanist. You could probably do a lot of really cool and thematic things with some bloodlines too. So... that's my vote. A differently flavored kitsune sorcerer or arcanist that has their tails be less furry and more.... tokyo ghouly... that focuses on conjuration and illusion spells.