Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 130
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)



    Monday, January 4, 2021, 9:00 a.m., 50°F, Sunny

    In Freedom City, millions of people live, work, and play every day. Like most big cities, Freedom City has a schism between rich and poor, but people don’t always let themselves notice it. In the new high-rise apartments and sprawling manors, the wealthy have lives of leisure, uninterrupted by the occasional plot to rob or blackmail them. Others aren’t so lucky and struggle with poor living conditions, or work in a constantly changing world that seems to have left them behind. Some don’t even have that and face life out on the streets with nowhere to turn.

    Like the worlds of normal people, most people in Freedom go about their daily lives. They go to work, complain about traffic and construction, go out for lunch or dinner, and go home to their families at night. Evenings and weekends, they find time to get out and enjoy some of the unique things the city has to offer. This is the majority of the citizenry—middle class and comfortable. Life in Freedom City is many things, regardless of income and living conditions, with some perhaps finding Freedom dull.

    Now, a new chapter is about to be written that will not only change Freedom City, but the entire planet itself may never be the same again .....

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    A tempest in a teacup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Ellen stares at the pages she needs to color, sighing deeply. She's tired of this...busywork. Sighing again, she stares out the window, searching for some crime or somesuch to stop. She feels a bit guilty for wanting the law to be broken, but she's just so desperate for something.
    elephants are made of carbon




    and so are you

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    On a table in the garage of the house Adrian was staying in lay an assortment of technology, the X-3 Traversal Suit laid bare for maintenance. He had the house, owned by an old friend (who, after an initial period of surprise, he'd convinced to let him stay and keep quiet about him for now), to himself for a while, so he was taking the opportunity to do more intricate work without having to worry about the kid coming in and messing with something.

    The child. It still felt strange to think about him. The last time he'd seen the kid's father, his best friend at the time, he was a 25-year old with no interest in settling down any time soon. Now, only feeling like a year later to Adrian, the man was a 35-year old husband to a woman he'd never met and father to a six year old. It was just something he hadn't really gotten used to. Sighing, he snaps himself out of his thoughts. He was here to work on the suit, not to daydream. As he looks over the sections of the suit in front of him, he nods, starting to reassemble the pieces. Everything looked as good as it was going to get as things stood. Time for another test.

    Wearing the suit always felt a little...comforting, he supposed. Sure, in the other world he didn't need to wear it 24/7, and since his return he'd enjoyed being able to walk around in normal clothes without having to worry, but it'd saved his life so many times that he just felt secure as he slipped the helmet on, activated the seals, and felt the subtle hum of the shields becoming ready. He'd noticed the people he was staying with have rather more mixed feelings, though, which he more or less understood, given the power it possesses and the strain that weirdness put on an already awkward situation. Still, today was for working on the suit, not dwelling on the state of his social life, so he put thoughts like that to one side as he began running through the suit's systems in order, trying them out and making sure they all functioned at peak efficiency, the same as they did the last time they did this. He was going to have to face things sooner or later - he needed to either give up on this idea of his or actually make his move, do something, and put himself out there for the world to see.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Deo sits up to hearing his phone buzzing. His head was killing him, he really needed to stop hitting the bottle and cocaine quite so hard, who the **** is calling so early on Mon after New Year he looked over at Alice, his extremely hot and smart girlfriend, he’ll he already knew he would marry her just not yet, oh and he need to curb his drinking before he could ask. He finally grabs his phone and it was Kevin and his frat before a wanting to get together, **** he just wanted a day in bed he will get back to them later . Deo breathes and starts to wake up. He texts the chef to make them something and looks at his phone for news wishing for the right moment to make himself known. He goes to the window opening it wide looking out over the city form his penthouse apartment. Sipping his burbon and watching.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rhyvurg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    John is from to his studio apartment to the temp agency he'd been getting work through lately. Work had been pretty good lately, he was considering stopping by the market and treating himself for dinner. Provided nothing happened to take up his time, but if often did. Fortunately, his skin let others know pretty fast who they were dealing with, and most common muggers turned tail rather than try to fight. His costume (it was still strange to think of it like that) was under his normal clothes, but it had been a few weeks since he'd actually displayed it. Not for the first time, he wondered if he could get paid to be a super hero, maybe he could finagle a job with the FCPD... Stepping around a puddle, not for the first time he considered just flying, but he enjoyed the mundanity of doing thins the normal way, it helped him feel grounded.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."


  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Mood

    Saint:


    Walking the busy pedestrian-filled sidewalk John can't help but notice people going out of their way to avoid bumping into him. As he crosses the street to the agency's block, John easily sees a crowd of mostly men in casual attire clutching cameras rushing across ahead of him from nearby vehicles towards a corner restaurant ahead of him! The doors swing open as two large men in dark suits open the doors and a tall, older woman exits the restaurant smiling, just as the paparazzi reaches her snapping photos like piranhas attacking a lame fish ---!



    She raises her hands to them looking around and catches John's eye as he comes to the adjacent curb, photographers blocking the sidewalk. Her eyes widen as she gazes at John, staring at him as if she --- then she blinks repeatedly lowering her head and turns her attention to the paparazzi, addressing them with a smile.

    Suddenly, the smartphone tone signaling an emergency sounds across myriad cellphones in the area! Simultaneously, sirens begin to echo around the city! A photographer says to another aloud, "Hold up, boys --- we got an explosion and gunshots reported on the Pramas Bridge!!" The paparazzi pocket their phones and scatter, dashing for their vehicles across two streets!

    The woman looks at them and almost smiles, then she's escorted to her limousine outside the restaurant where she steps into an opened rear door, giving John another glance as she ducks inside the car, and the door slams closed as it speeds away!


    Sparkle Knight:


    As she stares outside, Ellen's phone rings! It's her editor: "Good News is Castle Comics has picked up a new comic; Dr. Eldritch! It's a head-trip supernatural comic with socio-psychological themes that are meant to be done SERIOUS." The editor pauses for that. "We need your concept Friday (4 days from now). This is our moment. We wanted deeper penetration. YOU wanted something deeper. Gotta be win-win, right?"

    Her cell rings signaling an emergency: reports of an explosion and gunfire on the Pramas Bridge!!

    Her editor says, "Ellen? You with this?"


    Nomad:


    As Adrian was working his tech, Dr. MacLeod entered the room, his cane striking the floor in mathematic-rhythm.


    Stopping at Adrian's table, he laid his cane aside and began fumbling with the hero's assembled parts. He "hummed" with each part he examined, then said, "There's some rambling … about …." He held up a laser-condenser that focused the powerline into a super-capacitor, "... your 'being here'. And all." He gave all the pieces a swift examination, then softly drew his hand to Adrian's, while looking him in the eyes, "Don't worry --- I've covered your --- 'absence'. But, at some point, you'll need to explain --- where you've been, how you got there, and of course, how you --- returned. To us."

    MacLeod smiled as he eyed Adrian. Then he laughed! He said, "Y- His and your cellphones sounded an emergency: an explosion and gunfire were reported at the Pramas Bridge! The doctor eyed his cell and said, "Well. It begins …. Again …" He glanced at Adrian and said, "GO." The good doctor knew something ….


    Windfall:


    The wide, "elite" angle of Freedom City, its skyscrapers and Midtown buildings greeting him, Deo saw the province as few people would ever. Mingled with the drugs and alcohol, he felt a tinge of Power. As if nothing could ever stop him. It was born intoxicating, and fearsome, all at once ...

    Then, the computer, TV and cell all erupted at once! There was gunfire and explosions reported to 911 at the Pramas Bridge!

    He got an immediate text from his frat brothers: "Bottles and hoes at Pramas!" They followed with a series of gifs and memes about 'the End of Freedom City' …. but, was it, time for ...
    Last edited by SwordCoastTaxi; 2021-01-21 at 04:51 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Adrian nods in response to MacLeod, the suit's helmet hiding his small smile. He wasn't initially sure about going to him before returning to his old life properly, but it had worked out. It was good to know that he still had a friend in ASTRO he could rely on when the time came. That train of thought is quickly derailed by the alert - he didn't have the luxury of choosing whether or not to commit at some distant point in the future, this was it. He had to go now or give all this up.

    MacLeod's comment gives him slight pause, the helmet hiding flash of doubt on Adrian's face this time. What is beginning again - what has he not been telling him? They would need to talk when he got back, but for now the doctor was right - he needed to go. Activating the suit's Translocator, Adrian vanishes, reappearing for a second elsewhere before disappearing again, making his way to the bridge much faster than he would travel on foot.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Adrian's Teleport 6 teleports him 1800ft as move action, so double-moving gets him moving at roughly 2/3 mile a round, so it shouldn't take him too long to arrive.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rhyvurg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    John tries to be cordial with the people trying to avoid him, smiling and offering a small wave, but he's not too surprised. However, he is very surprised when a crowd of people is lured away from a seemingly important woman with a report of gunfire and explosions. It seemed just a bit convenient, but he couldn't very well ignore it. He notes the name of the restaurant the woman came out of and makes a mental note about her car, then lifts off the ground to head for the Pramas Bridge, accelerating once he's above the roof line. He mentally shrugged, maybe he was just being paranoid, there's no way someone would just have a crisis ready on call in case she wanted to ditch the press. But she did seem to pay attention to John himself...was this more about him than the photographers? No way, that's impossible.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2021-01-21 at 06:41 PM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Deo allows his kind and body to work as one. He quickly gets dressed in his custom, writes his girlfriend a quick note he would be right back and sends his friends some quick memes. He rushes off at top speed to the action.

    Spoiler
    Show
    use quickness and super speed to do this all in less then a second

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    A tempest in a teacup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Ellen responds, "You got it! I'll start working right away!" She hangs up and transforms into Sparkle Knight--perhaps a bit rashly--and opens the window. She starts flying, fast as a car on the highway, to the bridge.
    elephants are made of carbon




    and so are you

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)


    9:01 a.m.

    As the heroes near Pramas Bridge, the quarter-mile leading up to it is filled with fleeing pedestrians! Over a hundred people, men, women and children, running for their lives in terror! Those arriving by 10th Street, which flows right to the bridge, have to slow down in order to avoid the frightened mob!



    Pramas Bridge has two levels: the top has traffic running south to Bayview and the lower level runs north for traffic heading for Riverside. As the heroes reach the bridge they see abandoned vehicles of all kinds --- many left running, doors open --- in bumper-to-bumper gridlock! Looking out across the upper deck, the heroes see a large, grey cloud of some kind of gas - probably smoke (?) - hovering around the center of the bridge obscuring view of everything within or beyond it! The sound of intermittent automatic gunfire echoes from that same area!

    The sound of multiple (police) sirens fills the air around Freedom City, but FCPD has yet to arrive …!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    The bridge is roughly 4,000 feet long. The smoke-filled area is halfway across: roughly 2,000 feet away from the bridge entryway. None of the heroes would expect other heroes to arrive. I'm estimating arrival time to be (in order): Windfall, Saint, Nomad, then Sparkle Knight. The Initiative order reflects, primarily, your action order vs. the bad guys, but you can post as you like, keeping in mind who acts before you. This is the "Superhero Team-Up" scene: are the others good guys or bad guys? Communication is key here: Do they ask questions to the fleeing pedestrians? Do they question each other?

    Let me know with your post where your hero arrives: bridge entryway, near the smoke-filled area (distance?), or entering the smoke-filled area?

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Windfall heads there as fast as he can really pushing himself becoming intangible to run through building and vehicles. He does stop to save a tripped kid here, a elderly lady there and even a few frat boys in over there heads telling them all Remember to tell the world that Windfall saved you then the will head to the center of the bridge running around looking for the gun fire.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Windfalls goal on the way there is to save as many people as he can without slowing himself down to much. This is to help get his name out there. Once on the bridge he wants to know what is going on before making a plan.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rhyvurg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Saint ditches his civilian clothes on a rooftop before he reaches the bridge, staying well above the crowd. Dropping in on them from above would only cause more confusion with that many people rushing to get away, and any delay might make whatever this is worse. He flies towards the smoke, trying to spot what might be scaring all these people.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."


  14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Once he gets close, Adrian teleports into the gas cloud, taking the direct approach to finding the source of all this, relying on his suit's sensors to pick up on the presumed criminals behind this. Once he arrives, he switches the suit's functionality to enter phase shift. No need to risk suddenly getting shot if one of them gets the drop of him. It probably looked rather odd to anyone watching, a man (presumably, an onlooker would have no idea who's in there) in a strange suit appearing out of nowhere, pressing some buttons on his arm and calmly looking around in the middle of the chaos.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Hoping the suit's Infravision and radar will let Adrian find someone, and its Immunities can handle the gas. Action-wise, since the first teleport would put him around 200ft outside the cloud, it'll take both his actions to get inside. Switching array from the Teleport effect to the Insubstantial effect as a free action upon arrival.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-01-23 at 01:40 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    A tempest in a teacup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Sparkle Knight, without any hesitation, dives into the cloud of smoke, eager to beat up whatever vile fellows caused this catastrophe.
    elephants are made of carbon




    and so are you

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)



    Rushing into the smoke-filled area, the heroes can only see blurred images around them! Vehicles can only be identified when they are within ten feet! There's movement around the heroes but, they can't get a clear image of anyone, including each other!

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rhyvurg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    John hovers over the smoke, unable to peer deeper in, but not about to dive in blind just yet. "Can anyone hear me!?"
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."


  18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    What Nomad sees gives him a moment's pause. Flying people? That was...unexpected. In any case, they obviously weren't allied with the gunmen - you don't aim at your friends - so Nomad focused his attention away from them, switching power distribution again. He was about to throw something, dropped by one of the people fleeing their cars, at one of the gunmen when he hears the voice of one of the flyers. Hm. Time to take a chance that his assessment of the situation was accurate, and the flyers aren't allies to the people behind this.

    "Twenty gunmen in the smoke! They're about to fire!"

    Then he follows through with his attack. He wasn't too concerned about his voice giving his position away - clearly, these people had some kind of goggles allowing them to see in the smoke, he just hadn't been the priority over flying people, and that was likely about to change.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Once Nomad's time slot pops up, switching array, then attacking one of the gunmen by throwing something at them with a Move Object-based throw (+12 attack, DC 23 Toughness).

    Figure he can shout out before then though, so the others can use his info, since it's just speech.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-01-24 at 12:38 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    A tempest in a teacup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Sparkle Knight yells back "I can hear you!" before processing the fact that someone is flying above her. She was really under the impression that she was the only superhero in the world, much less Freedom City. But she supposes she should have expected this--in the comic books, there's never just one hero.
    elephants are made of carbon




    and so are you

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Windfall unable to see runs out of the smoke, looking around he does a double take seeing a flying guy and some suit. Well hope they are not bad guys. He then hears what is said and prepares.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Gunfire explodes from the cloud!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rhyvurg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Saint frowns as bullets glance off him, then drops down into the smoke. Someone had answered him, and he didn't want to risk them not being one of the shooters. "Drop your weapons and surrender, I don't want this to escalate more than it already has."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."


  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    A tempest in a teacup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    "OH MY GOSH" Sparkle screams as the bullets fly toward her. She's almost as shocked when they bounce off of her like packing peanuts. Jeez, I knew I was tough, but not that tough. Sword in hand, she flutters through the area, trying to identify where the gunfire came from.
    elephants are made of carbon




    and so are you

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    A tempest in a teacup
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    As she once again fails to identify, Sparkle realizes something: those were rubber bullets. Dangerous, but unlikely to cause harm to a damage-resistant superhero. "Are...are they just trying to cause a commotion?!" she shouts.
    elephants are made of carbon




    and so are you

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Nomad grimaces as the hail of bullets overwhelms his shield. At least they're just rubber - it seemed they were here for a purpose that didn't involve mass killings. Moving behind a car to be less of an easy target for the gunmen, he considers the situation and hears someone calling for the surrender of the gunmen. Somehow, he doubted they'd comply, but it was nice to know he apparently had allies here.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using that remaining move action to get to some cover behind a car.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Windfall happy to hear that he seems to have allies begins to think what his favorite superhero would do. He runs around the smoke filled area using his speed to gather up the smoking making it easier for the group to see the bad guys.

    Spoiler
    Show
    willing to spend a hero point here to help the group be able to see

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Moving just outside the smoke-filled area, Windfall executes a series of lightning-fast circles around the area creating a swirl of pressure that forces the smoke upward! As the area clears, the heroes now see just under twenty masked gunmen standing stunned as the smoke swirls skyward! The gunmen are dressed in black with skull-masks and wielding Submachine-guns! They're all grouped in-between vehicles covering a forty-foot radius directly at the center of the bridge's upper deck! A large armored-van sits surrounded by several gunmen, its doors wide open and a good amount of paper currency littering the ground! Robbers?!?!



    Nomad and Sparkle Knight, sheltering near vehicles, now see shoebox-sized devices attached to at least two nearby vehicles --- and the devices resemble --- bombs?!?! Saint catches sight of movement in a few vehicles --- more gunmen or civilians hiding?

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Windfall yells out Superhero team ups that is just what this introduction fight needed, well gents see you at the end he then speeds along grabbing as many guns as I can

    Spoiler
    Show
    ok I am not sure if I can but I want to grab as man guns as I can. I have takedown two if that helps
    Last edited by Chronomancer79; 2021-01-25 at 08:30 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    Windfall presses his foot down and --- less than a second later, he has all the gunmens' weapons on the ground around him! The gunmen try to aim with air --- then realize they've been disarmed! They take a step back, totally confused by Windfall's move!

    The other heroes see the gunmen are disarmed and confused!

    From behind the heroes, moving swiftly between vehicles, they see a Caucasian male, medium build, dark-blue windbreaker, blue jeans and sneakers, moving at a squat while wielding a handgun! A gold badge swings on his chest as he moves-ducks-looks-moves closer to the heroes ---- then he falls, disappearing between vehicles and the heroes hear the clatter of what must be his gun on the ground! He scrambles up, recovers his weapon, and moves within twenty feet of the heroes, slamming himself into a squat near a vehicle! He's breathing hard, probably because he ran the two-thousand-foot distance from the bridge entrance! He inches himself up just enough to maybe catch a glimpse of the scene and seeing the heroes, ducks back down shouting, "FBI! THROW YOUR WEAPONS DOWN NOW OR BE FIRED UPON!!"



    At the same time, the sound of massive blades cutting the air roars by as a helicopter streaks overhead! The aircraft passes, then circles back over the heroes --- slowly! Based on the logo, it's the WNTW "Action News!" helicopter hovering above the scene to catch live footage!

    The heroes hear the now unseen FBI agent shout, "GET THAT HELO OUT OF HERE! AIR SUPPORT --- NOW!!"

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

    After taking a moment to reappraise himself of the rapid changes in the situation, Nomad calmly stands and walks towards one of the potential bombs, pressing a few more buttons on his suit to reactivate phase - the situation might look good, but he was only predicting from the context that the other people here were allies (and there was no guarantee fighting the robbers made them friendly to him) and the agent might not take to his presence well, so it was better to be safe than sorry. Besides, selective phasing would let his do what he was about to do a lot more easily.

    "They have been disarmed, but they have placed what appears to be a bomb on several vehicles here. I will disable them. Stand clear."

    Spoiler
    Show

    With his array in Insubstantial mode, he just has standard human movement speeds. Once he gets to a device, defusing the detonator is a standard action according to the Technology skill, and with Skill Mastery he has a guaranteed 30, defusing the bomb unless the bomber rolled higher when setting the detonator.

    Don't know whether he can get to a bomb in one move action or if this turn is just going to be movement, though - I'll leave that part to you, GM, since you know the distances involved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •