New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

News chopper, the FBI, masked gunmen, armored car, lots to take in at once. But, Saint isn't overly worried by any of it, especially when someone takes their guns away. The caped superhuman lands on the bridge, in the middle of the group of suspected criminals. "You're disarmed and trapped on the bridge, surrender now and it will go a lot better for you in court." He's speaking from personal experience there. Hopefully they see reason and stand down, he doesn't want to have to hurt anyone.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2021-01-27 at 12:10 AM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Sparkle Knight sighs. A well-meaning law enforcement officer with a distrust for superheroes? Jeez, superpowers turn up and one second later, everything's a comic book. Luckily, fairies are known for their silver tongues.

She causes her sword to dissipate and slowly flies toward the man, hands raised. "I must commend you on your caution, sir," she says. "You refuse to trust us right away, for fear that we may be villainous figures. Thus, I am happy to tell you that I consider myself a hero, though I am not sure about these other fellows."
    elephants are made of carbon

and so are you

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The gunmen stare at the heroes for a few seconds that seem like forever, then one says, "Stand down! This wasn't in the plan. Besides …. we got an ace to play."

The crooks get down on their knees and place their hands on their heads, in surrender! Meanwhile, the news Helo circles slowly overhead!

The fed is still yelling about the Helo as he stands, cueing a commlink in his ear while looking north down the bridge where several FCPD cruisers are speeding towards the scene, lights and sirens going! He glanced up at the Helo, curses, then finally turns to Sparkle Knight --- and his eyebrows rise as his jaw drops a bit! He mouths something unintelligible then says, "Muscle agent --- I mean Special Agent Kendrick, FBI ---- WHO are you?"

Spoiler: Sparkle Knight
    Show

She's seen the look SA Kendrick gives her before: he's definitely impressed by her beauty. Very, very much so.
    Last edited by SwordCoastTaxi; 2021-01-26 at 06:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Pulling his hand out - as in, through the metal - of one of the cars, Nomad turns to look at the others, giving each of them an appraising look. "The bombs were inactive. Explosive components were fake. Presumably a decoy to delay law enforcement so they could escape while the police dealt with an apparent bomb threat. At least they were unwilling to kill anyone in this." He turns his head to the agent. "I am..." He pauses. He wasn't quite sure he wanted to reveal exactly. everything publicly yet. That said, he hadn't exactly considered the secret identity part of heroism - or at least having a name for that side of him, even if his identity may soon be known. Hm. That worked. "...Nomad. I have been away from the city for a long time, but now I have returned, I am here to help. That is all I am willing to say at this time."
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-01-27 at 12:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Windfall laughs loudly as he speeds over to the group. name is Windfall, I am a hero drops the guns at the cops feet and then looks at the bad guys and speeds off, he comes back split second later with zip ties which he runs off to put on the bad guys

Spoiler
    Show
    . Windfall grabs zip ties form his apartment lol and comes back starting to tie them up as fast as he can

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

John sighs in relief when the gunmen surrender, but the mention of an ace... Another costumed person mentions dud bombs, perhaps that was it, but all the same he did not let his guard down. "Agent, please tell the police to stay back, there may be more explosives here, real ones. I'll see what I can do about the local news." He nods to the other...what does he even call them? Vigilantes? Tyhen flies to the news helicopter and knocks on the pilot's door before opening it. "Excuse me, but the area is not secure, you're putting yourselves in a lot of danger, if you could pull back about a hundred yards I would appreciate it." He smiles in what he hopes is a pleasant manner, and hopes they can hear him over the sound of the rotors, so he tries to mime what he's saying as best he can.

7. - Top - End - #37

DrowGirl

"I go by 'Sparkle Knight,' which is of course, a pseudonym," she laughs. "And, no, I don't always have blue skin and pink hair. The wings...well, depends on what I've been doing on a Friday night," she jokes. "I--and the rest of these fellows, I would presume--are superheroes. A recent development, I assure you. If you've read any comic books, you'll know that this encounter probably leads to a union of various superhumans into a team of crime-fighters, a union I would be proud to join and support. Of course, they say that superheroes attract supervillains. Perhaps that is true, there are rarely supervillains before superheroes. But with superpowers emerging, it could just be that the more altruistic superhumans reveal themselves before the sinister ones. And besides, it would be terribly irresponsible of us to just sit back and watch as villains terrorize Freedom City. Once again, I cannot claim to speak for the others, but I swear solemnly to defend this grand city from threats fantastic and mundane, with every power at my disposal."

and so are you

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The Saint is greeted with shocked faces from the helicopter pilot, cameraman and ace Action News reporter, Amy Feng! She frantically motions for the cameraman to film the Saint!

The pilot then veers the aircraft away from the bridge in response to the Saint's warning …..

SA Kendrick smiles at Sparkle Knight, "What ---- you mean you folks came from a comic book??? Are you human? Are there more of you around town?"

Several FCPD vehicles arrive, with officers rushing out and drawing their weapons! Kendrick waves them off, "FBI! The costumes are okay. Concerned-citizen types. Get the shooters over there! Get these civilian vehicles out of the way! Careful, we may have undetonated bombs and I can't wait for the bomb squad! Secure that armored can and the money! And get statements from the costumes!"

The gunmen and their weapons are taken away as additional FCPD vehicles arrive. The cops give the superheroes stern glances as Kendrick meets with senior officers now on-scene.

9. - Top - End - #39

DrowGirl

Sparkle Knight laughs. "I, myself, am human. At least, most of the time. And I did not spring to life out of a comic, I assure you. But superpowers of a nature quite similar to the comics exist, and it seems reality has become a little bit closer to a comic. Of course, unlike the somewhat hapless sods of the comics, we have a precedent to work from; those very stories of superheroes that we invent. And one of the biggest problems for fictional supers is misunderstanding and hatred from law enforcement, a problem I very much wish to quash before it even exists."

and so are you

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Windfall finished zip tiring the bad guys when the uniforms appear he waits until they put away any guns and then brings the guns and bad guys to them shaking each of there hands and thanking them for there service. When done he heads over to the FBI agent and stops. Weird a smile he says . As I said I am Windfall and I am a hero. As to where I come form I was born like this and I decided to reveal myself today. after he finished he runs to make sure the camera can catch him as well wanting to be seen and heard. If asked what happened he will give a statement.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

John waves in thanks to the pilot, nods at the reporter, then drops a few dozen feet to make sure he's clear of the chopper before flying back to the bridge at speed. Seeing everything is fine, he lands with the other costumed people. "Well, that was an exciting way to start the day."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

An older cop approached the heroes,

"I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Blue people. Flying people. The world's gone crazy! Special Agent Kendrick says you folks saved lives, but you could have just as easily cost even more."

He looks at Windfall, "I guess you are a hero. This crew you stopped today? There's a lot more to them than you can imagine …

He walks over to the Saint, "... Their appearance, then yours --- it's like --- 'deja vu'."

He hands the Saint a white business card and whispers something, then walks towards the raided transport van, directing officers to secure the perimeter.

FCPD officers take statements from the heroes, often mixing in personal questions like the heroes' real names and where they live ….

FBI SA Kendrick walks back to the heroes, "This is unprecedented. Comic-book superheroes in Freedom City! Amy Feng is beside herself, mostly because I'm not letting her near the scene, but I've talked to her and she wants an exclusive. You folks made an amazing impression here today, but FCPD and my bosses think doing a group interview helps introduce yourselves. To the city and even the world. Freedom City Plaza, tomorrow at noon. You've told me what you're about, but now you can tell everyone. Can I count on you guys being there?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

John takes the card without reading it, keeping it in hand. When asked, he gives his legal name, John Doe, without elaboration, and gives a truthful account of what he saw and did, and gives his address. There was no point in hiding anything, his blue skin would give him away in an instant no matter what clothes he was wearing. When asked about the interview, he hesitates before answering. "I...can be there, if you think it's necessary."

14. - Top - End - #44

Nomad shrugs at Kendrick's earlier question about there possibly being more of them. "I am human, and my technology is not in anyone else's hands - you don't have to be concerned about others with suits like mine." But was that right? The way MacLeod spoke earlier...what if? There was no need to bring it up before he had more information, though. "Unless others have invented advanced technology and kept it secret, and through some logic decide to use today as an excuse, I suppose. I cannot, however, speak for the others - we are as new to each other as we are to you." He nods as Sparkle Knight speaks, looking at her as he tries to figure out what exactly he's looking at. "I, for one, have no interest in conflict with the police. It would be counter-productive to either of our goals."

When the second cop mentions deja vu about Saint, Nomad immediately turns his head to look at him. "What do you mean, deja vu? Has something like this happened before?" That's the second reference to something like this he'd heard. He couldn't help but feel like there was something going on he hadn't been told. When it comes to the statements, Nomad offers a true account of what happened, but respectfully denies any questions about who he is, explaining that although there's a good chance he'll tell them soon, he wasn't quite sure yet - he was waiting to see how things around their appearance played out before making a decision with so many potential ramifications.

The reporter, meanwhile, just gets a small shrug. "I have no interest in media attention, but I suppose it would be better to set some facts straight instead of allowing for too much wild speculation. I will be there." Besides, he couldn't ignore these other three being around - perhaps something like this would be useful to find out what kind of people they were.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-01-28 at 11:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Listening to the agent and doing silly things like run and grab a soda and a hot dog in between his words listening. He thinks to himself, I guess I can be there I have Econ 203 at that timethen smiles speaking I will be there it would be good to tell our story and maybe that will allow us not to follow in the foot steps of the comic books Windfall does wait to see how if the other heroes have anything else to say
    Last edited by Chronomancer79; 2021-01-29 at 10:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

DrowGirl

Sparkle Knight laughs. "I have the misfortune of having work tomorrow. Forget supervillains, the biggest challenge superheroes face is balancing hero and normal life! But I can call in to work from home, thankfully. I'll be there!"

and so are you

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Kendrick nods at the Saint, "Humanity's never seen anything like you, and you don't think it's necessary that the world knows who you are? It's an emergency."

Nodding at Nomad, Kendrick says, "Yeah well, after today, the attention is coming. Like you can't believe. We need you to help us manage the world's reaction."

Kendrick smiles at Windfall, "Economics major? FCU?"

With a look of concern, Kendrick asks Sparkle Knight, "So --- you think there'll be people like you, but criminals appearing as well? Then we can definitely use your help preparing for that kind of threat. I haven't seen everything you folks can do, but power in the wrong hands could threaten the planet. Maybe we can discuss this further tomorrow. I gotta get on my investigation."

The heroes notice most of the many FCPD officers watching them ---

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

John arches an eyebrow at the FBI agent's tone. "Actions speak louder than words, Agent Kendrick. It's not who I am under this costume, but what I do that defines me. I understand how people like us can make others afraid, but I don't think words will change their minds, deeds will. But, I will be there all the same." He looks at the others. "It was nice meeting you guys, it's good to know I'm not alone at least, if it's not too much of an imposition, could we exchange phone numbers? It might be a good idea to keep in contact."

19. - Top - End - #49

"As for me, I have matters to attend to before I can discuss who I am. As for criminals appearing with powers like these...perhaps they will appear, perhaps they won't. As I said, my technology should be secure, but I don't know whether or not the source of these other powers could happen again, or if people are gaining powers some other way, but in hiding until the right moment. If there are those with powers with malicious intentions, our existence can only be a good thing for the city."

Saint's question is met with a small nod. "Very well." The phone he had was a cheap one that wasn't tied to him - not out of paranoia, simply because he hadn't started establishing himself as someone alive to pay phone bills - so he wasn't particularly concerned about the risk, and as he looked at the Saint, the strange girl and the occasional blur of the speedster, he had the feeling that technological tracking would be the least of his problems if they had malicious inten.

20. - Top - End - #50

DrowGirl

"Very well. Shall I take my leave?"

and so are you

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Running off in a split second and grabbing the number to a burner phone, Windfall passes out his number. And speeds off

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Running off in a split second and grabbing the number to a burner phone, Windfall passes out his number. And speeds off

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

FBI SA Kendrick nods at the heroes and walks off towards the armored van crime scene. The group is left alone to themselves as FCPD officers conduct their investigation ...

24. - Top - End - #54

Now he's alone with the other heroes, Nomad considers his words for a moment before deciding to speak. "There's more going on here than they're letting on. From what Kendrick and...someone I know...said, something happened in the past that's somehow related to this - whether it's just a matter of people with powers or exotic technologies being around then, or something more complex, I cannot say. Be vigilant."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Saint lowers his voice. "Agent Kendrick also told me to call him if I want 'the truth,' and handed me this." He holds up the card before reading it.

26. - Top - End - #56

DrowGirl

"The truth?" Sparkle says, frowning. "Of what?"

and so are you

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

"That is a good question, I suppose I'll find out when I contact him."

28. - Top - End - #58

Nomad nods. "I will follow up on my contact as well. Shall we agree to share any information we find? If something is actually going on, it benefits us all to be aware of it."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Saint nods and gives his number to the group. "For now at least, we're in this together, if for no other reason than the rest of the world will treat us as if we are. I'll tell you all anything I manage to learn."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Windfall runs up and listens. I agree please keep us informed.
    Last edited by Chronomancer79; 2021-01-31 at 11:18 PM.