New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC]Dare To Dream! (M&M)

John sighs and rubs his head. "This is going to get worse before it gets better. I was approached with a job offer by someone who seemed to know things about me I'd rather no one knew, she claimed to be with the government, and governments aren't in the habit of letting go of power. We need to be careful, because they're not going to let us go. I think the best we can hope for is to come to an agreement with someone in the government that will interfere with us the least, but even that sounds like a bad idea." He looks at the entranced man. "Maybe we can some answers out of him."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

"Excellent idea. Hey, can...can you hear me?"
    elephants are made of carbon

and so are you

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Sparkle Knight and The Saint:

The detective doesn't respond, still staring into oblivion --- then they hear the sound of a metal door slamming! About fifty feet away standing in a warehouse entrance is that same detective! He raises his empty hands waist-level in a sign of compliance saying, "Sorry about that. Forgot who I was dealing with. I'm here to help, not fight."

Looking back to see the Entranced detective, the heroes realize he has vanished! The detective now standing at the warehouse says, "So, you're probably a little confused. Can we step inside where I can fill in the gaps. But, losing your phones is still non-negotiable. You're being tracked and they're probably on your tail ..."
    Last edited by SwordCoastTaxi; 2021-02-19 at 07:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Saint arches an eyebrow. "If I had to guess, you're doing something with time."

5. - Top - End - #125

DrowGirl

"Look, buddy, I'm hesitant to trust you, because one of the other heroes mentioned the conspiracy targeting us had access to technological superpowers--which you appear to have."

and so are you

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The Saint and Sparkle Knight:

He looks the heroes over, "They call it Polymorphism. I can make copies of myself. Comes in handy when the old lady has that 'honey-do' list."

He half-grins and looks at Sparkle Knight, "You don't have to trust me, but I've been investigating you --- people like us for a few months and I can tell you, something is wrong. It cost you nothing to just to hear me out. Then, do whatever you want."

He looks at a helicopter flying above the area towards Midtown, scans the area, then walks into the warehouse ...

Nomad:

The hero finds himself alone on the rooftop. A helicopter approaches from the south high above as the sounds of traffic echo from the streets below ...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

John looks at Sparkle. "Well, I'm going in to talk to him, what about you?"

8. - Top - End - #128

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    John looks at Sparkle. "Well, I'm going in to talk to him, what about you?"
    She sighs. "I guess so. The FBI is on their way, which is definitely bad for him. And if he's trustworthy? Bad for us, too. But still, be on your guard." She readies her phone's recording app, just in case, and heads inside.

and so are you

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is that helicopter tracking him? One way to find out. Teleporting down into an alley, Nomad phases into one of the walls and waits to see if it passes by or lingers. It doesn't guaranteee that they're not after him, of course, just whether or not they knew exactly where he was and had a way of tracking him or were just employing more traditional search methods.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

John does basically the opposite and takes the battery out of his phone, he was curious if this man would be able to tell if he had, and goes inside with Sparkle.