New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Armorer x/Genielock 1, thoughts?

This is just a quick build I was thinking of to give Armorer a really nice boost in damage, really nice utility in the form of Bottled Respite, and the only thing you'd really have to do is:

Go custom origin for Darkvision and Eldritch Invocation (Agonizing Blast)

Make Charisma your secondary stat after Int, Dumping both Con and Dex isnt a big deal since you'll be in full plate most of the time anyway.

You'll end up with something like High Int, probably 16 in Cha, War Caster, 20 Armor with shield, before Infusion Boosts. At level 5 putting out 2d10 + 6 + 3 (minimum 11, max 29 per turn) on top of the Temp HP of the Enforcer Armor for survivability.

What do you guys think of this build? Also would there be a benefit and a significant loss in taking anymore Warlock?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Armorer x/Genielock 1, thoughts?

I don't really get it, is the point of classing Genielock to get Eldritch blast and 3 damage per turn? Is it really worth it?

Otherwise I'd say there is more to gain with more Blast Invocations if you take the second level in Genielock.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Omni-Centrist View Post
    This is just a quick build I was thinking of to give Armorer a really nice boost in damage, really nice utility in the form of Bottled Respite, and the only thing you'd really have to do is:

Go custom origin for Darkvision and Eldritch Invocation (Agonizing Blast)

Make Charisma your secondary stat after Int, Dumping both Con and Dex isnt a big deal since you'll be in full plate most of the time anyway.

You'll end up with something like High Int, probably 16 in Cha, War Caster, 20 Armor with shield, before Infusion Boosts. At level 5 putting out 2d10 + 6 + 3 (minimum 11, max 29 per turn) on top of the Temp HP of the Enforcer Armor for survivability.

What do you guys think of this build? Also would there be a benefit and a significant loss in taking anymore Warlock?
    I don't see the purpose of Genielock in this build.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

The Eldritch Adept feat allowing you to take Agonizing blast requires that you already have eldritch blast which means you have to start as a level 1 warlock and give up constitution saving throws.

Also, I think the entire purpose of warlock in this build is to get the eldritch blast cantrip which is worthwhile as a secondary ranged damage source but since you aren't boosting charisma to its maximum both your to hit and damage with the cantrip will fall behind.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

If all you want from Armorer is the temp HP, I can do you one better - skip Armorer, go Twilight cleric. Regenerating temp HP, in higher amounts, to all allies in a 30 foot radius. Powered off of Channel Divinity. You still get heavy armor, your HP is the same, your spellcasting is much better.

I think what you're looking at doing is absolutely viable - 5e is good that way. You won't put out MAX DEEPS, but you can throw respectable damage around. However, if you were absolutely focused on using EB through Warlock dip, and Armorer for the rest? I'd leave Int secondary, pump Cha. Focus on buff spells, and at Armorer 10, make yourself a headband of int. I think this will give you something you'll be happier with.

::Edit:: This would also work with hexblade. You lose the tiny bump from Genie, but you can make your armorer special weapon run off of Cha, to benefit from your focus on that stat.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2021-01-22 at 11:49 AM.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've worked up a build around this combo here:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...dvice-Welcome)

You'll want some fighter levels too. If you really want 5th level armorer spells, get two in fighter for action surge and a fighting style (archery for instance).

I went Djinni in my build, but if you go the earth genie route, there's good synergy with the crusher feat. Check it out.

Finally, the main benefit I saw for Genielock was the potential for self buff Glyphs of Warding inside the vessel (which is not on the material plane).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

BardGuy

You want to give up or delay some of the best artificer and armorer abilities for a slight increase in damage. Well sure, you can do that. Not sure why you would want to but you could.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

By the way, you can get Eldritch Blast as an Int-based artificer cantrip from the All-Purpose Tool.