New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

I think 4-6 extra points of hardness is pretty reasonable.

..I hope the Ranger's guild wants to cover that, too.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Just another headsup that things were postponed so I'll first have time to post Tuesday next week.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Allright, thanks for the update. I've also had a message from Elbeyon that she's dropping out:

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon
    Hey

The game is amazing! I love the world. The characters and players are great! I wasn't really rping or talking with anyone so I got bored. I'ma going to drop out, but I wish everyone a great time and lots of fun!
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

I kind of felt this way sometimes. Would be like, just posting by myself describing things done and actions, but nothing would really happen, so I'd just have to post again, describing more actions...

It's too bad though.. that harvest festival was coming up, and I'm pretty sure we could have all had a little get together then..

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that was part of the point of the festival, being a social thing where everyone got a chance to easily interact with the others. I'm also planning on putting up some commissions that should require some cooperation in the future, now that I've got a slightly better idea of where all of you are taking your characters, but ti's still up to you whether you want to go after those or not.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hope that things are going well, Sønderjye.

That's too bad about Elbeyon. I was really looking forward to finding out more about Zeal. Still, if she's not having fun, can't blame her.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

So it's been a while...

Are there going to be any contingencies to continue on at some point if we can't get this game going at a reasonable pace again?

What would you think about trying to recruit another 1 or 2 players for this type of game?

Or, I wonder if I could convince Elbeyon to come back once the harvest festival part starts up?

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    So it's been a while...

Are there going to be any contingencies to continue on at some point if we can't get this game going at a reasonable pace again?

What would you think about trying to recruit another 1 or 2 players for this type of game?

Or, I wonder if I could convince Elbeyon to come back once the harvest festival part starts up?
    At this point I'm thinking of just starting the harvest festival sometime this weekend so you and prehysterical have something to do.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok I'm finally back.

I don't want to hold the game too much by being behind. @DeTess, can we say that Z gets the memories from the sailor, taking reasonable measures to keep the sailor happy; generally spends time refining the memory items such that he's ready with the fancy impression drinks, and maybe spends 2-3 days making and selling items?

You can just pick impressions that would work well for the fuzzy drinks but certainly both feelings and views would probably be sensational.

Also I support the idea of re-recruiting.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    Ok I'm finally back.

I don't want to hold the game too much by being behind. @DeTess, can we say that Z gets the memories from the sailor, taking reasonable measures to keep the sailor happy; generally spends time refining the memory items such that he's ready with the fancy impression drinks, and maybe spends 2-3 days making and selling items?

You can just pick impressions that would work well for the fuzzy drinks but certainly both feelings and views would probably be sensational.

Also I support the idea of re-recruiting.
    Sure, that's fine. Could you roll me your choice of a spellcraft or knowledge (arcana) check to see how far you get? Oh and a profession (cook) check for making the drinks slightly drinkable in addition to holding memories. I'll kicking things forward to the harvest festival sometime tomorrow then

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure. Taking 10 for spellcraft for 30. Can I substitute a profession(cook) with a craft(alchemy)? Regardless the roll is (1d20)[14]. If I can't that's a 16 and if I can it's a 31.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-04-04 at 12:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    Can I substitute a profession(cook) with a craft(alchemy)? If I can't that's a 16 and if I can it's a 31.
    Craft (alchemy) would be for making it functional, but since I specifically asked for a roll on whether you could make it tasty, it really has to be cooking in this case, sorry. Still, a 16 isn't bad. It won't win any competitions on taste alone, but it's palatable enough.

I'll give you a full breakdown on what you manage to achieve in the weeks of work tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.

14. - Top - End - #434

Looking forward to it as well. Glad to have Z back.

By the way, if anybody cares, Happy Easter.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, happy easter!

I'm glad to see the game moving again.

So, one question.. after completing the sword job and covering all expenses, how much profit did Shandara make from it? Hm. The quote she gave them would have been around the price normal adventurers pay for such an item, and given the fact that when you normally craft something you pay half material cost.. she could make a lot of money.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

@windstruck, yeah you're set to earn a decent amount of money here.

@all, I've set up the basic scene of the first day of the harvest festival. If people want, I can start throwing minor things your way, or you can just do as you wish isntead.

@Sonderjye,

with the extra time taken, you manage to refine the time-keeping issues you had with the memories a bit. You've figured out how to deal with the issues caused by condensing time by targeted removal of specific 'frames', condensing the memory down so that it can be experienced in real time with no issues. As a consequence of this you've also developed an array that allows for targeted removal of small bits from memories. It consists of an array of about 24 small psionic crystals that you can run segment of memory into,a dn then you can prune it by emptying specific crystals, before reforming the memory segment from the remaining crystals. This does require you to manually edit the memory though.

Dealing with the cases where experienced time is quicker than real time still eludes you. you suspect you could try an inverted version of your process for trimming down memories, but just creating extra copies of memories segments doesn't help, so you'd need to design a way to create new memories.

Lastly, you've designed a way to split a memory out along the senses using a specially cut prisma and a set of psicrystals to catch each separate impression(sight, sound, smell, taste and touch with a separate track for someone's 'inner voice'), but you've noticed that about 40% of the time, smell and taste get mixed up, with taste ending up where you'd expect smell to go and vice-versa. You've also noticed that these memoreis on their own aren't as vivid as you'd expect them to be, but when you combine them together again you get the expected experience.

You also said you where going tos pend a couple of days just crafting for money. Do you want me to split out both the costs of what you've made and the money earned this way, or is it okay if I just say that you earn enough this way to cover the material needs for your personal project?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Right.. that's good. Just tell me how much I can add to my bank account.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Right.. that's good. Just tell me how much I can add to my bank account.
    Well let's see. Let's say it came down to 18k all told including the hardness enchantment.

Off these, there where the following unusual costs:

copper-mythril alloy masterwork longsword: 2400 gp (affected by the current scarcity in myhtril, normally this'd be a fair bit cheaper).

Gem 1,2 and 3 are 800gp each. (cost split evenly between cutting the gem and enchanting it, if you need help with only one of those).

Gem 4 is 2000 gp (1200 gp for acquiring a suitable gem, 600 for enchanting, 200 for charging it with positive energy).

The scrolls for the spells in the first three gems would be 525 gp each.
    Assuming you and Prehysterical swapped work for work you'd just pay for the materials of the sword, which are 1600 gp (more than half due to the scarcity of mythril), though he might have charged you part of the cost of hiring people as well, you'll have to check with him.

IIRC you needed some help with the scrolls, so let's say you only run a profit of 100gp on those. Add to that the rest of the enchantments you'd made, and I come out at 7712.5 gp profit, minus the additional cost for hiring people Prehysterical had if he decides to partially transfer that to you.

Of course this might change if you had any cost reductions, but that's the math I end up with.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, that's a huge chunk of money.

And yeah, I can split some of the labor cost with Prehysterical.

20. - Top - End - #440

Eh, I already took care of the labor costs, so we're not going to worry about it. As far as Bolten is concerned, it is the cost of doing business. He came to Shandara with the idea, so he would feel like it's on him.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

I'll see if Sonderjye posts anything, and otherwise I'll probably throw something at you two during the weekend (though don't let that stop you from continuing the RP you already had going).

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Well we're only really talking about cheese at this point.....

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

I have a feeling that Goliaths are pretty rare? I'll just make a roll here to see how familiar Shandara is with them.

knowledge local: (1d20+8)[23]

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

I have a feeling that Goliaths are pretty rare? I'll just make a roll here to see how familiar Shandara is with them.
    They are pretty rare. Most Goliaths remain in the mountain ranges where they where initially discovered, either continuing their tribal lifestyles within the empire's laws, or setting out to make their living in mining towns and the like. The tribes did give the empire quite a tough time conquering their homes, but there just weren't enough of them to be more than a temporary speed-bump, and they eventually surrendered.

Goliaths are valued primarily for their ability to easily carry and move as much as several grown men and they're generally seen doing manual labour, which has gotten them a reputation for being rather slow and dim-witted. Whether that's deserved, however...
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-04-11 at 08:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    They are pretty rare. Most Goliaths remain in the mountain ranges where they where initially discovered, either continuing their tribal lifestyles within the empire's laws, or setting out to make their living in mining towns and the like. The tribes did give the empire quite a tough time conquering their homes, but there just weren't enough of them to be more than a temporary speed-bump, and they eventually surrendered.

Goliaths are valued primarily for their ability to easily carry and move as much as several grown men and they're generally seen doing manual labour, which has gotten them a reputation for being rather slow and dim-witted. Whether that's deserved, however...
    I'm guessing this goliath that broke the clockwork lion is an example of a stupid one. But hey, there are actually lots of stupid people in the world already! I'm sure many other races have people capable of such a mistake.

Spoiler: image
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446

Knowledge (Local) roll for posterity's sake: (1d20+7)[14]

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Thankfully, the roll I bombed for the jewelry was only really the "knowledge" roll...

Or at least, how I envisioned it.

If Shandara might get to crafting on that crystal at some point, we'd also be getting +2 bonus from masterwork tools I hope, and better bonuses from her crafting spells!

Unless it's a ghost crystal again...

EDIT:

A big question on my mind is: will the Mending cantrip work on the gem?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-04-11 at 06:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

If mending doesn't work, does the crystal count as a construct (for the purpose of repair light construct) or as an armor (for the purpose of Armor Enchancement, Lesser)?

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

@windstruck, what's your caster level on mending?

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

It'll be 6, coming from the magewright class.