New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

@Sonderjye, as for your question, it counts as a wondrous item, but to repair a magic item using mending you do need to have a high enough caster level, which Shandara just managed to have.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Second opinion Craft check, I guess:

(1d20+19)[39]

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Cool. Well I can't think of anything to respond to. Want to meet up at the drink tasting thing that we made drinks for?

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Second opinion Craft check, I guess:

[roll0]
    It looks solid, though you think he'd better be right about those crystal's ability to keep the contraption stable, as a conventional clockwork design would have to be incredibly sophisticated to keep the design in this sketch standing. Feel free to add any minor improvements or suggestions you can think off though.

@all, You've heard that for the final bits of the contest, the curator has moved to a large open-air café bordering the Herdsman's market, and by all accounts it's turning into quite the event, so feel free to head there when you're done here, if you wish.

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    Cool. Well I can't think of anything to respond to. Want to meet up at the drink tasting thing that we made drinks for?
    I'd be cool with that. You and Shandara get exposure and Bolten might find himself a new favorite drink.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Shandara already had submitted her drink and said her peace. I honestly didn't think she was interested in that event anymore.

But hey, if it's, like.. right near where she's walking, maybe she'll see what's going on.

7. - Top - End - #457

Starting tonight, I am moving into my new house. My availability is going to be limited until Saturday night, if not Sunday.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

I've quickly set the scene at the herdsman's market for those that where planning on heading that way. Feel free to continue the scene with the clockwork contraptions a while longer if you wish, of course.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Seems like we'll be heading there, then! I'll wait for a response from Prehysterical.

Oh, I am also interested in some games! I always thought those little carnival games were fun.. even though they were like scams.

I wonder if there is a particular game that will catch Shandara's eyes... or a prize?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    I wonder if there is a particular game that will catch Shandara's eyes... or a prize?
    Regarding games, they're mostly fairly typical fair. Ring tossing, ball throwing,there's ones tand that has a series of small targets set up that customers can shoot at with some fairly small and weak looking crossbows they provide, that sort of stuff.

Amon the prizes, is there anything that'd catch your attention? Most stalls have fairly typical prizes, stuffed animals, cheap jewelry, rough wood carvings and the like. there are some that promise more substantial prizes, but those are also the ones less likely to be playing fair.

edit: @sonderjye, i'll wait with the IC judging of your drink for the others to be in the area as well.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-04-18 at 07:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

@Sonderjye, could you roll me a craft(alchemy), or a knowledge(nature)? Pick one, please.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Here you go. Alchemy: (1d20+17)[22].

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess in that case.. maybe Shandara won't be so interested.

Children? Oh I bet they'd love it. But Shandara is pretty grown up.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

@Sønderjye
    Spoiler: on the more alchemical brews
    Show

The descriptions of the more mind expanding brews tend to indicate mildly psychoactive substances, probably mushroom and herbs that make people's brain chemistry go slightly different than they normally would. It's all clearly intended for recreational purposes, however.

The drinks that temporarily cause the drink to see the world either mirrored or upside down are more difficult to place though. Z can't immediately think of any particular substance that would cause that effect. The bottles are fairly plain, suggesting that the creators of the concoctions are probably hobbyists. The name of the brewer of the left-right perception swapping bottle is Melvin Garret, while the brewer of the the upside-down perception altering bottle is called Polina Avar.

15. - Top - End - #465

Sorry, folks, just got my Internet back. Sadly, they weren't able to get me on last Friday, so I had to wait until today. I will get a post up ASAP.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't have a clear idea of how the drinks are presented but I guess it'll be more fun if you get to try tasting it so let's run with the framework allowing that? The drink is dry and taste a little of lemon. As it lingers in your mouth (or if swallowed) the real effect kicks in, at which point you experience an intense feeling of wonder and awe. The feeling fades after about a second.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-04-21 at 04:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    I don't have a clear idea of how the drinks are presented but I guess it'll be more fun if you get to try tasting it so let's run with the framework allowing that?
    Yeah, it differs a bit per drink. Some people are presenting samples of their drinks for others to try as well, while others have only provided samples for the judges. It's perfectly fine for Z to be in the latter category.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as a point of clarification. You don't actually see the spires. The drinks would get too expensive if I included more than one sense in them so the spires one is only the feeling. The other drinks are sight and sound, for sea drake and sirens respectively.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

False advertisement. I want a refund.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

"Here you go" *hands over air*

Also I think I misinterpret your prior post, I thought the 'Z... did you make this?' were because Shandara tried it and was surprised.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

No, she didn't try it.

Actually, I thought it was established that all of our characters knew each other already. So I think Shandara just was caught off guard that she was talking to Z. She wasn't expecting that.

On the flip side, Shandara is probably easy to pick out and remember...

If there happen to be a few other dark elves in this city, who knows. Hopefully they don't get confused with each other.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Hey guys and galls, Apologies for not posting much in the IC thread this week. Unfortunately I've been quite busy, so the earliest I'll be able to post anything substantial will be this weekend.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Guess that's ok. We've been interacting amongst ourselves for the time being.

24. - Top - End - #474

Aw, and here I thought Bolten was going to be inspired with wanderlust. Ah well...

Plot twist: Shandara has a doppelganger creeping around the capital.

That's fine, DeTess. Life happens.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder, is this a project that you guys would be interested in collaborating on? If so, this could be an opportune time for Z to suggest that. The current long term goal is skill copying but we're far from it but we're currently far away from reaching that if it's at all possible.

Also, no worries DeTess. I was in a similar situation not too long ago.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-04-23 at 07:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    IIRC you needed some help with the scrolls, so let's say you only run a profit of 100gp on those. Add to that the rest of the enchantments you'd made, and I come out at 7712.5 gp profit, minus the additional cost for hiring people Prehysterical had if he decides to partially transfer that to you.

Of course this might change if you had any cost reductions, but that's the math I end up with.
    Circling back to this, I'm thinking the amount of money seems a bit predatory for a commission of this importance. I dunno.

Maybe Shandara will cut them some slack. I only added 7000 GP to her bank balance. I'd like to think she increased the weapon hardness by like +5. Maybe we can say that's something extra she did just to help ensure it doesn't get trashed like the captain's other sword.

By the way, what was the name of the Arcanist in the captain's unit who perished?

Nooo reason in particular for asking.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Circling back to this, I'm thinking the amount of money seems a bit predatory for a commission of this importance. I dunno.

Maybe Shandara will cut them some slack. I only added 7000 GP to her bank balance. I'd like to think she increased the weapon hardness by like +5. Maybe we can say that's something extra she did just to help ensure it doesn't get trashed like the captain's other sword.
    noted.

By the way, what was the name of the Arcanist in the captain's unit who perished?

Nooo reason in particular for asking.
    ... I could have sworn I'd canonized this already somewhere, but I can't find it now. Her name was Adda Tieza.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye
    I wonder, is this a project that you guys would be interested in collaborating on? If so, this could be an opportune time for Z to suggest that. The current long term goal is skill copying but we're far from it but we're currently far away from reaching that if it's at all possible.
    Reposting this because I think it's better to talk about OOC than IC. I imagine the project consist of brainstorming goals for what we want the mind things to ultimately do, find ways of breaking that down into subproblems, and brainstorming how to solve those sub problems. Checks this far have been spellcraft and knowledge(arcane), both of which are skills your characters have maxed.

If you don't want to collaborate on it or have concerns, that's fine but let's take it here. If the concern is IC I'm sure we can find a way to make it work.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-04-24 at 02:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479

I just don't see Bolten getting involved in this kind of research. If Z needs him to make some kind of apparatus, that would be fine, but Bolten isn't greatly interested in the theoreticals when it comes to mind magic. He likes to work with his hands.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

It's is fine if you don't want to do this but I struggle to comprehend that answer. The work does involve working with your hands and I don't see how it's significantly more theoretical than what Bolten have been doing this far.

If it's because you want Bolten to work on clockwork exclusively we could always research how to put memories/personalities into clockwork?
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-04-25 at 05:44 AM.