New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Haha, all the references to RL restaurants are great...

Shall the I move us over to The Mushroom Garden, or should I wait for DeTess?
    I'd give Z a moment to catch up if he wants to, but otherwise you're fine to move things to the restaurant.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

I was just trying to help with world building, but if you want to change anything let me know.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi folks. Sorry for my absense. Life is really busy right now and I don't expect that to change until the end of the month. I'll need to take a break until then. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you have gotten to craft some wonders by the time I get back

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

I was just trying to help with world building, but if you want to change anything let me know.
    I thought I'd already responded to this, but apparently I hadn't -_-. It's perfectly fine to add little locations like this. Inf act, I like it when people do that, because there's no way I can fill the city on my own XD

@Sonderjye, I'm sorry to hear that, but I get that real life happens sometimes. We'll see you pop back up sometime next month!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    Hi folks. Sorry for my absense. Life is really busy right now and I don't expect that to change until the end of the month. I'll need to take a break until then. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you have gotten to craft some wonders by the time I get back
    Ouch okay. Well, I guess we can say Z declined going to the Mushroom Garden.

What are we going to do from here? DeTess do you have anything to add, or should Bolten just.. I don't know. Say something?

Or maybe now that Sonderjye will be absent, it's not worth RPing out the restaurant?

I guess I don't mind either way, but up to you guys.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-05-13 at 10:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

What are we going to do from here? DeTess do you have anything to add, or should Bolten just.. I don't know. Say something?

Or maybe now that Sonderjye will be absent, it's not worth RPing out the restaurant?

I think it's up to Bolten right now. If you're both fine with just a 'we had a nice dinner, let's go to the next day' that's fine too.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ouch okay. Well, I guess we can say Z declined going to the Mushroom Garden.

I leave the ball in your court. I have just been waiting to give Sønderjye a chance, but it sounds like IRL must take precedence for right now.

If you want to RP the dinner, that's fine. I can have Bolten strike up a conversation in that case. If not, we can do the "skip ahead to the next day" bit. Your call.
    Spoiler: Contingent answer for the "Your Decision" Infinite Loop
    Show
    We can continue the scene in the restaurant and come up with some dishes.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, maybe it might be fun to come up with some dishes. Something interesting happening in the restaurant might actually be fun too. There's a lot of parody. Maybe we could have a rat hiding under one of the chef's hats, piloting him around too.

Just another wacky character concept. Like the player who's character is a bear but no one realizes.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-05-13 at 06:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519

All right. If I don't get to it tonight, I will tomorrow.

Who votes for a bioluminescent dancing show? Or, at the very least, a dancer with glowing body paint?

Could also have a chef who is a zombie or comatose person being piloted by a rat king worn as a crown. The personality is of the rat king itself and it's convinced that it actually runs the kitchen and not the duergar guy.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Just so you know, Elf Fingers is not some sick cannibalistic treat. It's more like a fantasy take on Lady Fingers. Lady Fingers should also exist, but elf fingers are even more thin.

11. - Top - End - #521

Just so you know, Elf Fingers is not some sick cannibalistic treat. It's more like a fantasy take on Lady Fingers. Lady Fingers should also exist, but elf fingers are even more thin.
    Oh, good... I was, uh... a little confused.

12. - Top - End - #522

Just a heads-up: I will be gone for the next four days because I am traveling for my little sister's graduation. I don't know if you want to speed things along or just wait until I get back, but I will be AFK that entire time so do what you will.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

I appreciate the heads up, and I don't mind waiting.

I... do wonder if DeTess is actually getting bored, though?

Sorry. Seems we've just been puttering around without you, and I sort of stole your job.

(would kind of love if you'd get involved in some way to throw in some interesting turn of events)

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

I appreciate the heads up, and I don't mind waiting.

I... do wonder if DeTess is actually getting bored, though?

Sorry. Seems we've just been puttering around without you, and I sort of stole your job.

(would kind of love if you'd get involved in some way to throw in some interesting turn of events)
    Don't worry about it, I've been loving things so far, and I've been scheming something to throw in as well, but I'll get to that sometime tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Feel free to either do something with this, or just move on after that little disturbance. This was mostly me setting the scene for stuff for later. Either way, could both of you roll either a spot or a listen when next you post in the IC thread?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

I forgot we used pathfinder, so spot and listen fall into the all-encompassing Perception.

I'm honestly not sure how to react to it.. Even if Bolten hears everything like a bat, I've still no idea what's going on presently.

And if we both bomb our rolls, I'm thinking the fact that they probably used some magic to dampen their own conversation isn't going to warrant any unique behavior from us.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-05-22 at 08:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

I forgot we used pathfinder, so spot and listen fall into the all-encompassing Perception.

I'm honestly not sure how to react to it.. Even if Bolten hears everything like a bat, I've still no idea what's going on presently.
    Oops about the first thing. yeah, that should eb perception, sorry.

About the second thing, this is just setup, there'll be some significantly more obvious things in a post or two, so if you screw up your rolls, all you're missing is some early information. If missing the rolls meant nothing interesting could happen, I wouldn't have asked for them.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-05-23 at 03:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Oh I see. When you said you were setting up a scene for later, I was under the impression that it was more long-term and we may see them again in the following days of the festival.

It seems to me what you mean is, this is just the beginning of a scene.

Oh, also. I was also remembering that shady half-orc that was following Shandara around and writing stuff down. It's been like a month of in-game time with nothing having come of that. Was that a long-term setup for something? Still rather baffled.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-05-23 at 06:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, also. I was also remembering that shady half-orc that was following Shandara around and writing stuff down. It's been like a month of in-game time with nothing having come of that. Was that a long-term setup for something? Still rather baffled.
    Yeah, it was, and I'm going to bring it back at some point. Just remind me off it after the festival, and when you do, roll me a perception :P

And yes, this is just the beginning of the scene.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-05-23 at 09:30 AM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Had a thought. Suppose this dwarf is well-known or has some kind of reputation. Would knowledge local help?

(1d20+8)[17]

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Had a thought. Suppose this dwarf is well-known or has some kind of reputation. Would knowledge local help?

[roll0]
    Interesting idea. You're reasonably certain you'd have heard at least something about this dwarf at one point or another if he was a local, but you haven't.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Oh well. Not like I was hoping to cheese anything. It's not like knowledge local should just tell you stuff about a completely random person, even if they are local. I think the point of it is that they already have to have some kind of reputation.

But of course, if they're not from around, I guess you wouldn't know anything about them either.. Unless they were really famous.

Makes me wonder how people knew what someone important looked like back in the day.. you think the emperor has had many portraits made and distributed?

23. - Top - End - #533

Back from my trip, but completely wiped after the 13-hour drive. Will post Bolten's response tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

13 hour drive is kinda crazy.

Hope you had a good time.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

I reread the info I got before about those crystals, so instead, I'll say I'm just waiting to see the result of Bolten's roll, and if his actions change accordingly...
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-05-25 at 08:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

@Windstruck, @prehysterical, I'll throw the next thing in once you've had your appetizers, so you can use that to pace stuff between my plans, and your own banter and character-building.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

So the perception roll wasn't to immediately notice something about the dwarf? It was for later?

28. - Top - End - #538

I reread the info I got before about those crystals, so instead, I'll say I'm just waiting to see the result of Bolten's roll, and if his actions change accordingly...
    Well, now you got me curious...

(1d20+12)[24]

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

I was referring to the perception check. What exactly are you rolling for now?

Stal Faux is some kind of underdark spider. It's body is rather shaped like a skull, and the nests it dwells in also tend to look like giant skulls or skeletons.

It's said that their legs are very tasty and can add a kick of flavor.

Oh right, in addition to the small amounts of juice, meats, and flavors the stal faux offers, I think the soup could also come with a couple complimentary legs hanging out of the bowl...
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-05-26 at 10:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

So the perception roll wasn't to immediately notice something about the dwarf? It was for later?
    Yes, it's for something still coming up. You'll see/hear... Or maybe not :P

Edit: detect poison finds nothing. As for the waiter, you'll notice that he actually spends far less time on the larger group than expected after his first visit, and in particular he checks up on them far less than the other tables. So he'll remain available for you.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-05-27 at 06:10 AM.