New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

I'm liking the exchange between Bolten and Shandara! I have a feeling that Julieanne's Brew is going be visited often. Zeal is overly positive and quick to call people her friends. Though, that that's not really being displayed since she is in a plague hospital and promised not to cause trouble.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Oh... That would have meant that Bolten was born around the time that the Age of Conquest ended. I had originally written his childhood as taking place during the last days of that age. The Crimson Claw orcs were supposed to be a marginalized people pushing back against the Empire in a sort of last hurrah. Do I need to change that part of my character's backstory?
    No, that's no problem. As I said, 60 years ago is where the historians dropped their marker, but the core of the empire had been at peace for longer, while trouble continued for far longer in the empire's outskirts. Iirc you weren't born that close to the empire's core, so it all still fits.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Detect magic is so good that is the only 0th level spell Zeal learned. She just has detect magic prepared in every slot.
    Huh, I've been assuming that magewright got cantrips like all other classes that have been converted to pf.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Spoiler: info for Sonderje
    Show

The faint magical aura you detect has hints of transmutation and Necromancy, though you can't determine much more than that. You do notice that the aura seems a bit stronger in those suffering from bad coughing, than those who don't. FI you're looking at the direct effects of a spell than it's not one you've seen before. It's not impossible for it to be some kind of artificial disease and you do remember reading about a couple diseases like that being used by enemies of the empire during the age of conquest, but most of those where a lot more spectacular and deadly than what you're looking at here.
    For clarification: Is this you saying that I rolled too low to identify the spell effects, that knowledge arcane don't allow you to identify the effects of a spell that is active, or that I can only identify the spell effects if I am already with the underlying spell?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    For clarification: Is this you saying that I rolled too low to identify the spell effects, that knowledge arcane don't allow you to identify the effects of a spell that is active, or that I can only identify the spell effects if I am already with the underlying spell?
    Basically, you're looking at the lingering effects of a spell that has been cast too long ago to identify(and was instantaneous). Like if you find a scorchmark on the floor and pick up some faint evocation, but too much time has passed to determine whether it was a fireball or a lightning bolt.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess I need to apologise again for my lack of posts. This doesn't reflect very well on me, does it? I'm afraid there was a major medical emergency on Monday, which kind of got in the way of me doing any of my usual activities like this. (And also meant I didn't particularly want to read the hospital scenes.)

Getting back on topic, how much would it cost to create the following? Roughly speaking.

1) An unusually large Floating Disk
    2) A Floating Disk of the usual size
    3) Some mechanical method of propulsion (e.g. a propeller, pump, etc.)

Since we're still in the pre-industrial age, I'm assuming that things like nonmagical engines are out of our reach.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Basically, you're looking at the lingering effects of a spell that has been cast too long ago to identify(and was instantaneous). Like if you find a scorchmark on the floor and pick up some faint evocation, but too much time has passed to determine whether it was a fireball or a lightning bolt.
    I see. It would be really nice to be able to identify previously cast spells. How much would an item cost that worked like gloves of object reading but instead of reading the psychic imprint with regard to ownership and the nature of the owner, it would read the psychic imprint of a spell that was cast in the past to gain information about the spell?

Giving this a try.

Spoiler: Monocle of Magic Reading(first draft)
    Show
    While wearing this monocle, the user can learn the details of a magical effect by reading the psychic imprint left behind when the magica effect was produced. It works only if the user either is standing where the produced was cast or is able to observe the aura of the magical effect, such as through detect magic.

The amount of information revealed depends on how long the user studies the psychic imprint. The information below is revealed in order such that after 6 minutes the user knows all the information. This item couns as a clairsentience power cast by a 5th level caster for the purpose of effects that conseal information.

Interpreting the psychic imprints requires a
    spellcraft check against a DC 20+spell level for each minute of studying the imprint. Sucess indicates that the user gains the corresponding information listed below and on a failure the user is overwhelmed by the imprint, must break his studying, and can't resume studying the imprint until a day have passed.

1 minute: The level of the magical effect

2 minute:
    The target of the magical effect

3 minute: The save(s) DC of the
    magical effect

4 minute:
    How long ago the magical effect was cast

5 minute:
    The description of the effect of the magical effect

6 minute: The intend or goal for producing the
    magical effect

Notes:
    I was looking to tie the use of this to a skill because it felt like interpreting an imprint should be skill based. Psionics Spellcraft seems to be a lot about interpreting psionic phenomenom so it seemed like a good fit.

Spoiler: Design options(first draft)
    Show
    How much would these different approaches cost/how well would they work?
    Design 1: The monocle is glass constructed from a mixture of sand(or whatever the usual material to make glass is) and gem dust. The glass is then imbued with magical energy that allows the user to see psychic imprints of magical effect, with magical energy being stored in the gem dust and the runes to direct the energy being enscribed around the edge. The monocle contains enough mojo for 18 minutes use. It can be recharged by a spellcaster sacrificing a spell slot to power at the ratio of 3 minutes per spell slot.
    Design 2: As above however the runes allow it to recharge by drawing in ambient mana such that it itself regains 6 minutes of use each day.
    Design 3: As design 1 however The monocle is made with regular glass and the magic is stored in psionically attuned jewels(i.e. crystals) that are embedded in the frame.
    Design 4: As design 3 but instead of using crystals to contain the power, the frame of the monocle is made from remelted material which hold a strong psychic imprint such as the first weapon/armor a guard received and had used for 20 years.
    Design A: More a redesign of the original item. Instead of being able to learn information about any magical effect we'll restrict it so it only works on spells, replacing all instances of 'magical effect' with spell and replacing 'produced' with 'cast'. Can be combined with design 1-4, I'm just curious about what the difference in price is.

edit:
    Are we open to juggling multiple timelines? I'd like to respond to Armonia's reply so we can continue the momentum but there are still things Z is doing inside the hospital. Can I start a scene with Z and Xavier being outside the hospital talking, while continueing the scene inside the hospital? With the understanding that if something major happened inside the hospital(such as Z being kidnapped) then the later scene didn't actually happen and we were just talking hypotheticals? I've had good experiences using a multi-scene framework in other games.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-01-27 at 11:04 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    I guess I need to apologise again for my lack of posts. This doesn't reflect very well on me, does it? I'm afraid there was a major medical emergency on Monday, which kind of got in the way of me doing any of my usual activities like this. (And also meant I didn't particularly want to read the hospital scenes.)

Getting back on topic, how much would it cost to create the following? Roughly speaking.

1) An unusually large Floating Disk
    2) A Floating Disk of the usual size
    3) Some mechanical method of propulsion (e.g. a propeller, pump, etc.)

Since we're still in the pre-industrial age, I'm assuming that things like nonmagical engines are out of our reach.
    A fully nonmagical engine is out of reach (at least without your character first making the half a dozen so so intermediate leaps needed tos tart exploiting steam power). You might be able to design a hybrid, however (using a magical effect to create a force that is then turned into propulsion by a meganism). Regarding the others:

1) probably about a 1000gp or so in materials. You need some kind of focus to hold and power the enchantment, which would be pretty expensive, but you wouldn't need that much else.
    2) How unusual are we talking here?
    3) depends on the size, but it won't be cheap. Probably 5,000-10,000 gp, for something capable of moving a couple 1,000 lbs per minute, more if it needs to be bigger (and obviously less if it 's allowed to be smaller, such as for a small scale model)

I see. It would be really nice to be able to identify previously cast spells. How much would an item cost that worked like gloves of object reading but instead of reading the psychic imprint with regard to ownership and the nature of the owner, it would read the psychic imprint of a spell that was cast in the past to gain information about the spell?

Giving this a try.

Spoiler: Monocle of Magic Reading(first draft)
    Show
    While wearing this monocle, the user can learn the details of a magical effect by reading the psychic imprint left behind when the magica effect was produced. It works only if the user either is standing where the produced was cast or is able to observe the aura of the magical effect, such as through detect magic.

The amount of information revealed depends on how long the user studies the psychic imprint. The information below is revealed in order such that after 6 minutes the user knows all the information. This item couns as a clairsentience power cast by a 5th level caster for the purpose of effects that conseal information.

Interpreting the psychic imprints requires a
    spellcraft check against a DC 20+spell level for each minute of studying the imprint. Sucess indicates that the user gains the corresponding information listed below and on a failure the user is overwhelmed by the imprint, must break his studying, and can't resume studying the imprint until a day have passed.

1 minute: The level of the magical effect

2 minute:
    The target of the magical effect

3 minute: The save(s) DC of the
    magical effect

4 minute:
    How long ago the magical effect was cast

5 minute:
    The description of the effect of the magical effect

6 minute: The intend or goal for producing the
    magical effect

Notes:
    I was looking to tie the use of this to a skill because it felt like interpreting an imprint should be skill based. Psionics Spellcraft seems to be a lot about interpreting psionic phenomenom so it seemed like a good fit.

Spoiler: Design options(first draft)
    Show
    How much would these different approaches cost/how well would they work?
    Design 1: The monocle is glass constructed from a mixture of sand(or whatever the usual material to make glass is) and gem dust. The glass is then imbued with magical energy that allows the user to see psychic imprints of magical effect, with magical energy being stored in the gem dust and the runes to direct the energy being enscribed around the edge. The monocle contains enough mojo for 18 minutes use. It can be recharged by a spellcaster sacrificing a spell slot to power at the ratio of 3 minutes per spell slot.
    Design 2: As above however the runes allow it to recharge by drawing in ambient mana such that it itself regains 6 minutes of use each day.
    Design 3: As design 1 however The monocle is made with regular glass and the magic is stored in psionically attuned jewels(i.e. crystals) that are embedded in the frame.
    Design 4: As design 3 but instead of using crystals to contain the power, the frame of the monocle is made from remelted material which hold a strong psychic imprint such as the first weapon/armor a guard received and had used for 20 years.
    Design A: More a redesign of the original item. Instead of being able to learn information about any magical effect we'll restrict it so it only works on spells, replacing all instances of 'magical effect' with spell and replacing 'produced' with 'cast'. Can be combined with design 1-4, I'm just curious about what the difference in price is.
    I like this idea. generally recharging over time would be pretty standard for an item like this. I think pricing it similar to the glove of object reading is fair. It can get you some more information, but ti does require a number of successive checks. Though I'd say condense it down to 4 checks at most, but prohibit taking 10 (first check gets you level and how long ago, 2nd gets you target and save's, 3rd gets you the intended goal, and 4th gets you the full description).

Anyway, something like design 2 would work. You'd probably want a lens ground from a psionically attuned crystal, though one made with gem dust from a gem that had first been infused with an appropriate spel could work as well. Either way, supplies would set you back about 750 gp. It'd probably take you 1-2 days to design and make it.

edit:
    Are we open to juggling multiple timelines? I'd like to respond to Armonia's reply so we can continue the momentum but there are still things Z is doing inside the hospital. Can I start a scene with Z and Xavier being outside the hospital talking, while continueing the scene inside the hospital? With the understanding that if something major happened inside the hospital(such as Z being kidnapped) then the later scene didn't actually happen and we were just talking hypotheticals? I've had good experiences using a multi-scene framework in other games.
    I'd preferably not. A little bit with people 'losing' a couple of days while crafting doing some RP in between is fine, but with more than that I'd really need tos tart paying close attention to what everyone will has been doing (not a grammar error, tenses just get weird if I allowed that).

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I feel I've gotten what I need from the Campus Hospital, so I don't mind deleting my post and wait to redo it when Sønderjye is set, if that helps

Edit: Oof, that wasn't a good thing for me to say. Any chance my Decorum Band stops me from opening my big mouth? I really should think things through better before I post 😅
    Last edited by Armonia13; 2021-01-27 at 12:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

2) How unusual are we talking here?
    I said usual, not unusual

For the "large" one, I'm picturing about maybe 20ft across? I basically want to know how the cost scales with size.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2021-01-27 at 12:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, I've been assuming that magewright got cantrips like all other classes that have been converted to pf.
    Pathfinder didn't give adapt orisons so I was assuming that npc classes do not get cantrips or orisions. It looks like at-will 0th level spells might be a pc class feature unless that was changed?
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-01-27 at 12:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    I said usual, not unusual

For the "large" one, I'm picturing about maybe 20ft across?
    Oops, got those inverted. The cost for permanent version for the standard one would be about 1000gp in materials, as I said.

For a 20 foot one, if you'd use the same method as for the standard-size one you'd need a really expensive focus or power source (think a 100k gold, but in practice priceless, as these wouldn't just be for sale). You could probably decrease that significantly by generating a rig of enchantments that creates a number of adjacent smaller disks, though even then it'd be quite pricy (still in the 40-50k range, but the components would at least be more readily available). Generating large force-fields can be done, but it's difficult, and it's generally easier to figure out a way to make another material behave the way you want it to than to use magical force as a structural component.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

I like this idea. generally recharging over time would be pretty standard for an item like this. I think pricing it similar to the glove of object reading is fair. It can get you some more information, but ti does require a number of successive checks. Though I'd say condense it down to 4 checks at most, but prohibit taking 10 (first check gets you level and how long ago, 2nd gets you target and save's, 3rd gets you the intended goal, and 4th gets you the full description).

Anyway, something like design 2 would work. You'd probably want a lens ground from a psionically attuned crystal, though one made with gem dust from a gem that had first been infused with an appropriate spel could work as well.
    That sounds good. I was imagining that all 4 designs would work but that they would be slightly different outcomes. Are you saying that only design 2 with the modification you made is viable for achieving what I want?

Gotja on the ruling on scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Armonia13 View Post
    I feel I've gotten what I need from the Campus Hospital, so I don't mind deleting my post and wait to redo it when Sønderjye is set, if that helps

Edit: Oof, that wasn't a good thing for me to say. Any chance my Decorum Band stops me from opening my big mouth? I really should think things through better before I post 😅
    Eh, it's fine. I think it's fine to say "when we are done with this I do X" and me just waiting with responding until I'm actually done.

Pathfinder didn't give adapt orisons so I was assuming that npc classes do not get cantrips or orisions. It looks like at-will 0th level spells might be a pc class feature unless that was changed?
    I totally missed that. Good spotted. I'll get around to making my 0st lvl slots prepared. I'll admit, I've never played an NPC class before
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-01-27 at 01:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

@DeTess I have a bit of a meta question. Is trying to find the source of the disease outside the scope of what we're suppose to be doing? Also, I'm not sure what item would be too much. Would something like: an inhaled substance that mixes with blood and weakens its elements until it evaporates be possible/effective?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

@DeTess I have a bit of a meta question. Is trying to find the source of the disease outside the scope of what we're suppose to be doing?
    It's certainly not impossible or entirely outside of the scope, but I will say that things won't be quite as easy as finding a single contaminated well or something like that, and it's not a necessary step (at least , It's not necessary for you to figure this out) to deal with the disease.

Also, I'm not sure what item would be too much. Would something like: an inhaled substance that mixes with blood and weakens its elements until it evaporates be possible/effective?
    It could help, but also, once you're bleeding into your lungs, stopping you from drowning in it is only part of what needs to happen.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-01-27 at 01:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

That sounds good. I was imagining that all 4 designs would work but that they would be slightly different outcomes. Are you saying that only design 2 with the modification you made is viable for achieving what I want?
    For an item like this you'd generally get some passive power regeneration as in design 2. As for design 4... It'd definitely do something, and that something could be very interesting, but your character would think that it'd probably not do what you're looking for in this case. You reckon that that design might be useful to a detective or similar, with an effect closer to the original glove of object reading. Like, if you ever want to create an item that does something like the 'detective vision' you see in some video games, that'd be pretty good approach.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-01-27 at 01:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

It could help, but also, once you're bleeding into your lungs, stopping you from drowning in it is only part of what needs to happen.
    The disease seems resistant to being treated directly. I'm not sure if that is only magic though, and alchemy would work. Healing the wounds in the lungs directly through alchemy to stop bleeding may be too direct. Something to cause coagulation may work. It was noted that the magic faded once the victim was dead. Perhaps, inducing a false death, like inducing a medical coma, would disrupt the disease.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

For an item like this you'd generally get some passive power regeneration as in design 2. As for design 4... It'd definitely do something, and that something could be very interesting, but your character would think that it'd probably not do what you're looking for in this case. You reckon that that design might be useful to a detective or similar, with an effect closer to the original glove of object reading. Like, if you ever want to create an item that does something like the 'detective vision' you see in some video games, that'd be pretty good approach.
    Is it important what is generally done for an item in regards to what designs you'll accept? In a previous post it sounded like putting in a spell array that drew on ambient mana to work were more complicated than something that had to be manually refilled. What I imagined with d1 compared to d2 was that the first one would basically do the same but cheaper since you need to expend a limited resource in order to use it.

Ooh, that sounds exciting. What does detective vision mean in this context? Allow one to view the past on some location?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Is it important what is generally done for an item in regards to what designs you'll accept? In a previous post it sounded like putting in a spell array that drew on ambient mana to work were more complicated than something that had to be manually refilled. What I imagined with d1 compared to d2 was that the first one would basically do the same but cheaper since you need to expend a limited resource in order to use it.
    Being able to recharge it at all makes it a bit more complicated, as you need to design it in such a way that it can be recharged. The exact mechanism doesn't really matter though, unless you want to have a lot of different options (such as passive, and recharging with spell slots). In the previous case, it was a difference between 'making it with a big enough charge that it'll last a long time' and 'making it so it can recharge'. Does that make sense?

Ooh, that sounds exciting. What does detective vision mean in this context? Allow one to view the past on some location?
    To some degree yes. It wouldn't be perfect, but you'd be able to get a decent feeling for the events at a place where something impactful happened (such as a murder, or a robbery or the like, anything that would involve high-strung emotions that'd leave en 'echo' for a while). Not enough to be able to identify the faces of those involved, but definitely clear enough to see where the perpetrator or victim headed off to, and to help with finding clues.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

The disease seems resistant to being treated directly. I'm not sure if that is only magic though, and alchemy would work. Healing the wounds in the lungs directly through alchemy to stop bleeding may be too direct. Something to cause coagulation may work. It was noted that the magic faded once the victim was dead. Perhaps, inducing a false death, like inducing a medical coma, would disrupt the disease.
    What you've seen so far is that the generic fortitude boosters are of limited effectiveness, and magic for curing diseases isn't that widely available, and doesn't work as well once a victim starts coughing heavily. To egt an effective cure, you'd want to design something that's tailor-made for this disease. Everything you've suggested so far would be helpful, but for the biggest effect you'll not just want to hit one aspect of the disease, but as many as you can manage, does that make sense? I'm not saying you shouldn't try any of the things you've suggested so far, because they're all good ideas, but it's fine to think a bit bigger than just going after one symptom.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-01-27 at 03:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

What you've seen so far is that the generic fortitude boosters are of limited effectiveness, and magic for curing diseases isn't that widely available, and doesn't work as well once a victim starts coughing heavily. To egt an effective cure, you'd want to design something that's tailor-made for this disease. Everything you've suggested so far would be helpful, but for the biggest effect you'll not just want to hit one aspect of the disease, but as many as you can manage, does that make sense? I'm not saying you shouldn't try any of the things you've suggested so far, because they're all good ideas, but it's fine to think a bit bigger than just going after one symptom.
    I think I better understand now. So, something like using a form stabilizer mixed with some type of life essence to try to cancel the transmutation and necromancy to help the lungs, and also trying to treat the underlying disease with the same substance. They dehydration isn't a direct symptom and can be treated separately though.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-01-27 at 03:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

I think I better understand now. So, something like using a form stabilizer mixed with some type of life essence to try to cancel the transmutation and necromancy to help the lungs, and also trying to treat the underlying disease with the same substance. They dehydration isn't a direct symptom and can be treated separately though.
    Yeah, something like that could definitely work. Also, going Voltron on the various symptoms by mixing together a number of different remedies tailored for each individual symptom could help with suppressing it as well, to just give another example. Or , I don't know, figuring out how to grow new lungs and bowels and doing a transplant for each patient (though that might just be a little impractical... :P)
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-01-27 at 03:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, something like that could definitely work. Also, going Voltron on the various symptoms by mixing together a number of different remedies tailored for each individual symptom could help with suppressing it as well, to just give another example. Or , I don't know, figuring out how to grow new lungs and bowels and doing a transplant for each patient (though that might just be a little impractical... :P)
    Haha. Alright! I think I was a little too stuck on the disease's resistance to treatment and was trying to think of ways to treat a disease without curing it. Thanks for the quick replies! I'll make sure to get in another post for tomorrow!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I'm wondering if I should roll a sense motive.. oh, why not.

(1d20+4)[8]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

oof. That exchange is going roughly.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Poor Bolten. Didn't mean to make him feel bad.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

We'll see him again!

I know people are waiting on me, so I wanted to do my crafting post. Hopefully, that isn't a problem. If for some reason Zeal couldn't leave the hospital, she has the tools to do her work at the hospital.

For the dehydration, I don't think Zeal will use alchemy. Dehydration is a super common problem, and it might be better served to make a more permanent fix. I was thinking Zeal could make either one of the below. I like the Sipping Sleeve more since it could be used for more than just dehydration (like other illnesses), but the more open nature might be problematic and might need a vist. The Quenching Sleeve is simple and straightforward.

Zeal knows of Curnow! She mentioned him to the sister! I wasn't expecting to see him. xD Zeal is pretty happy about that.

The Arcane Arts and Crafts section is craft check fluff and can be skipped. No one should be compelled to read it!

Spoiler: Sleeve, Sipping
    Show
    Aura: Faint Conjuration (creation) & Transmutation; CL: 1th; Slot: Wrist; Price: 1,350 gp; Weight: 1 lbs.

This dark blue wave-decorated cloth sleeve easily fits over their wearer’s arm.

As a standard action, the user can pour up to 1000 ml of nonmagical potable liquid onto this sleeve, infusing it into the sleeve. The sleeve can activate on command to have the liquid consumed by the wearer. Once the sleeves is infused with a liquid, the liquid can only be removed without consumption by removing the sleeve and wringing the liquid out.

On command, the sleeve becomes infused with 1000 ml of completely normal water; you can wring it, and so on.

Feats: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water; Cost: 675 gp.

Spoiler: Sleeve, Quenching
    Show
    Aura: Faint Conjuration (healing); CL: 1th; Slot: Wrist; Price: 900 gp; Weight: 1 lbs.

On command, the sleeve creates moisture within the body of the wearer as if the wearer drank enough water to sustain themselves.

Feats: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water; Cost: 450 gp.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-01-28 at 04:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Sleeve, Sipping
    Show
    Aura: Faint Conjuration (creation) & Transmutation; CL: 1th; Slot: Wrist; Price: 1,350 gp; Weight: 1 lbs.

As a standard action, the user can pour up to 1000 ml of nonmagical potable liquid onto this sleeve, infusing it into the sleeve. The sleeve can activate on command to have the liquid consumed by the wearer. Once the sleeves is infused with a liquid, the liquid can only be removed without consumption by removing the sleeve and wringing the liquid out.

On command, the sleeve becomes infused with 1000 ml of completely normal water; you can wring it, and so on.

Feats: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water; Cost: 675 gp.

Spoiler: Sleeve, Quenching
    Show
    Aura: Faint Conjuration (healing); CL: 1th; Slot: Wrist; Price: 900 gp; Weight: 1 lbs.

On command, the sleeve creates moisture within the body of the wearer as if the wearer drank enough water to sustain themselves.

Feats: Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water; Cost: 450 gp.
    Because of course the perfect item already exists in the actual rules XD

The Arcane Arts and Crafts section is craft check fluff and can be skipped. No one should be compelled to read it!
    It's an awesome section, so why would anyone skip it? Anyway, it does take you a bunch of iterations to get the balance exactly right, and to deal with some unexpected interactions between your chosen ingredients, but in a day or two you think it's good enough to start using, though you suspect there's further refinements to be made once you can observe your creation in effect.

That having been said, could you roll me a fortitude save, adding +3 from the amulet you had while in the hospital, and adding any other bonuses you might have against diseases? Unless you're actually immune to diseases, of course.

@sonderje:

Spoiler
    Show

You track the four patients through their coins, but find no common origin, though based on the aepprance of the previous owner of some of the coins they spend some time in one of the poorer districts, potentially the Stromdrains.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Because of course the perfect item already exists in the actual rules XD

It's an awesome section, so why would anyone skip it? Anyway, it does take you a bunch of iterations to get the balance exactly right, and to deal with some unexpected interactions between your chosen ingredients, but in a day or two you think it's good enough to start using, though you suspect there's further refinements to be made once you can observe your creation in effect.

That having been said, could you roll me a fortitude save, adding +3 from the amulet you had while in the hospital, and adding any other bonuses you might have against diseases? Unless you're actually immune to diseases, of course.
    Those two items are custom items, actually! I did put them in an official format though. I wouldn't want to use an already exist item for a commission in a crafting game! I'm glad they looked like official items. I hope they both look ok. I wanted to make sure the sipping sleeve was limited so it could not be abused for potions or something other than intended.

That makes sense she needs to work on them more! I ended with Zeal working on another batch because I am sure it needs refinements and she can do better with testing.

I wasn't trying to cut off any rp at the hospital. Zeal wouldn't pass up a chance to talk to Curnow.

The scary fortitude save! I thought this was coming. Zeal is not immune. She is pretty human with a 10 rp race, but she does get a small bonus for being what she is.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Fortitude Save
    (1d20+15)[26] +1 (Base) +1 (Con) +2 (Racial, Construct Resistance)+3 (Circumstance, Outfit) +3 (Resistance & Scared, Pendent) +5 (Alchemical, Antiplauge)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Those two items are custom items, actually! I did put them in an official format though. I wouldn't want to use an already exist item for a commission in a crafting game! I'm glad they looked like official items. I hope they both look ok. I wanted to make sure the sipping sleeve was limited so it could not be abused for potions or something other than intended.
    Heh, I didn't notice that at all. They look fine though for what they need to do, though your character would need to do a bit of design work before you could start producing them.

I wasn't trying to cut off any rp at the hospital. Zeal wouldn't pass up a chance to talk to Curnow.
    Ah, okay. I'll have another IC post up in response to that in a bit then, but I need to get some food into me first.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, I didn't notice that at all. They look fine though for what they need to do, though your character would need to do a bit of design work before you could start producing them.

Ah, okay. I'll have another IC post up in response to that in a bit then, but I need to get some food into me first.
    Excellent! I'll have Zeal work on inventing them in another post. Yay! That's two (including the alchemy item) custom item approvals.

Enjoy your food! I have been looking forward to every post!

Zeal used a lot of money for consumables on that hospital visit but so worth it. She is super busy with her two items, probably working like 16 hours a day, but she'd love to explore the district to try to find the source of the disease. She does have patient history filled journal, detect magic, augury, and locate object (if she knew what she was looking for). Assuming, the pendants aren't a lead. She is probably too busy for that.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-01-28 at 03:08 PM.