New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

That was probably me. I said I was leaving some money unspent and mentioned that most of it would probably be in a bank or something.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah! I remember you mentioning the bank now. Thanks! You really helped Zeal's first commission go much smoother.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

@Elbeyon: producing the treatment in accordance with the emperor's orders won't eat up all your time. You've got employees for that after all, but you'll need to spend at least a bit of time each day monitoring the work, and the shop won't be producing anything else during that time.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

That's cool! Zeal is happy to have her business partially nationalized for the good of the people. She'll supervise Arcane Arts & Crafts during the plague. I'm sure Elrah will be happy to have Zeal around.

Oof at the plague being refereed to as the Stromdrain plague. I doubt Zeal will call it that, but she is only one person.

Still, some caution and vigilance is probably warranted. She'll make sure the letter is the real deal and give a good think on any ramifications of the order. Has something like this happened to the Society before? Is her business being outside campus a factor? How will this effect her "Treatments needed!" commissions? Does this mean her commission was accepted and she doesn't need to do submit her commission, or should she still submit her commission to the school? Does the treatment include the Sipping Sleeve?
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-02-01 at 01:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Still, some caution and vigilance is probably warranted. She'll make sure the letter is the real deal and give a good think on any ramifications of the order. Has something like this happened to the Society before? Is her business being outside campus a factor? How will this effect her "Treatments needed!" commissions? Does this mean her commission was accepted and she doesn't need to do submit her commission, or should she still submit her commission to the school? Does the treatment include the Sipping Sleeve?
    Yeah, it basically means the commission was accepted, and that that one too has been nationalized. The hospital itself has funds, but the empire is throwing more money at you than they could to do the same job. The imperial seal has some magic woven into it that makes it very difficult to forge, and you have heard of the sender (signature also matches). It's not unusual for the empire to lay claim on the output of the Society or particular members for emergencies like this, and they always reward them well. The sipping sleeve is not mentioned, it seems that they're mainly interested in your alchemical design. Maybe because they think it more important, or maybe because they haven't learned about that one yet.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-01 at 03:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome! Zeal completes her first commission. Zeal wouldn't want to neglect any paperwork and leave the school in the dark, but it seems everything is business as usual in these unusual times! She will write them (whoever is appropriate) about the Sipping Sleeve and seek clarification. If they don't know the sleeve exists she should tell them so they can decide. And, she certainly doesn't want to be seen as "hiding" information. Plus, the thought does cross her mind that the empire might foot the bill instead of a probably financially strained hospital. She can't imagine a better use of money than improving the health of the people! In the meanwhile, the Sipping Sleeve is already made and free to be used as needed! If the sleeve isn't commissioned or able to be sold, she will, honestly, probably straight donate the Sipping Sleeve to the hospital rather than put the sleeve on a shelf somewhere. It's a lot to give away for a small business, but Zeal will survive and the sleeve can help a lot of people.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Life have been busy and kind of exhausted tonight but I wanted to throw up a post to keep things moving. I skimmed over the posts but if there was anything directed at me other than the research results please poke me again.

Edit: Just to be sure. The weaker points of Zeals treatment was covred by my design 1 right?

@Elbeyon, could we have any shared BG that could make Z trust Zeal in particular? I'd like to only give Ronce one of the designs and get the other one out behind his back, and I'll need someone to have pretended to have invented it so it can't be traced back to z.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-01 at 07:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, our designs work really well together. They form a nice little combo treatment to knock out the plague!

All our characters know each other! You want Zeal to steal a design? That's a big ask. She would never normally do that. Perhaps, we can get Z an alias?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post

Edit: Just to be sure. The weaker points of Zeals treatment was covred by my design 1 right?
    Design 2, actually. Design 1 hits all aspects of the disease, but is best used on someone that is only lightly affected by the disease, while design 2 deals with the symptoms, and especially with the bowel-related ones.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

@Detess, perfect. Ronce seem like someone who would prefer a treatment that made the disease kill off itself rather than one that mostly alleviated symptoms.

@Elbeyon, want to take that convo IC once I'm done with Ronce?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    @Elbeyon, want to take that convo IC once I'm done with Ronce?
    Sure! Z and Zeal can talk it out. Make sure to pick a proper location!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

So I know Shandara can't cast 1st level wizard spells, but is it actually possible to work on the project like through preparations and in a ritualistic sense?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    So I know Shandara can't cast 1st level wizard spells, but is it actually possible to work on the project like through preparations and in a ritualistic sense?
    Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. You are a spellcaster, and the designer of this particular enchantment.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The nice thing about Pathfinder is that a caster doesn't need to know a spell to make a magic item that uses the spell (except potions, spell-trigger, or spell-completion magic items). Not knowing the spell adds +5 to the craft DC but creating the item is still possible if the craftsperson is skilled enough. Zeal doesn't know Create Water, so crafting the Sipping Sleeve was harder for her than say: if she was an Adapt with Create Water.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm curious, Elbeyon. Have you been saving up all these outfits and characters for a chance to use them, or do you just an instinctive knack for finding them in the aether?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I have some outfits saved, but I will need to get more outfits in the future! The characters I am making up when wanted/needed. I wanted to give Zeal a nice big family tree, but I was reading pathfinder gnome fluff and gnome's don't have families. They raise their kids as a group sorta like lizardfolk or something. That made the family tree idea turn into a blob. So, the family thing didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but Zeal does consider one gnome her mom even if the other gnomes consider it strange.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Z would be talking to

Spoiler: Elrah Ettlundl
    Show

Elrah's fluff: Elrah Ettlundl was the first employee Zeal ever hired at her shop. She has a small talent for alchemy and a friendly personality, always eager to learn. She takes clear, easy to read notes in the store’s ledger and is good with the customers. Anything she lacks in skill she makes up for in passion. She has her own key to the store and often opens unprompted if Zeal is lost in a project. She has some trouble at home, but that hasn’t interfered with her work yet.

Will Elrah talk? That's the big question!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

@Elbeyon, wouldn't you be the one to judge where Zeal is at that moment? I'm trying to set up a scene with you without taking control of your character in case that's unclear.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Zeal is around! I though since Z asked for Zeal that implies that Zeal isn't in the storefront, but I can have Zeal hear Z from the back or upstairs.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

I just didn't want to take control over your character, I guess he can be somewhere Z can't see from his angle. Anyway that sounds good to me.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Of course! That makes perfect sense.

Would Z be interested in a little amnesia potion? I'm trying to think of a way to do this without Zeal stealing Z's work. I do want to engage with your plot, but your plot also puts Zeal in a lot of danger. I imagine the punishment for stealing other people's work is expulsion from the society and also maybe the game. This could cause a game over!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I guess I'm done with Shandara in the workshop for now?

Am I going to run into any problems trying to enchant this pipe?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

I guess I'm done with Shandara in the workshop for now?

Am I going to run into any problems trying to enchant this pipe?
    Yeah, unless there's more you want to do there, of course. Enchanting it shouldn't present you with any insurmountable issues, but feel free to roleplay some issues and added solutions if you want. Both you and @prehysterical can skip ahead a little to when you next drop by the workshop, of if you want to do something else first, that's completely fine as well.

@Elbeyon, actually stealing someone's designs, will get you in a decent heap of trouble, though in part depending on the details. However, it'd have to be proven, and only Z could make the accusation. That is, in this particular situation, if Ronce finds out Z gave you the design, the only one he can bring legal trouble for is Z.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

If that is what Zeal thinks, she can accept Z's design! She wants a good reputation at the society, but she cares less what a mob boss thinks. Plus, pissing off a mob boss could lead to a lot of fun! And, a lot of people get helped this way.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-02-07 at 03:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Windstruck, was there anything you wanted to do during that downtime or are you okay with us both just going ahead?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I am looking forward to seeing what people work on next!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't thinking of anything out of the ordinary. I think Shandara will just work on enchanting the pipe, as was requested.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

As I wrote it, Shandara is stuck on the metalworking part of this.

Oh woe is her. Is there any kind soul that can help her with these cumbersome tools?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Only if there was someone familiar with the sewer system and skilled with metalworking.

Zeal's meeting with Z feels like a fairly average length meeting.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-02-08 at 01:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

As I wrote it, Shandara is stuck on the metalworking part of this.

Oh woe is her. Is there any kind soul that can help her with these cumbersome tools?
    *looks offstage*
    "Is that my cue?"