New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

Sure, sounds fun
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-11 at 05:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

So, uh, will we continue with the workshop scene, or just skip??

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't able to post today. I'll post tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Are we waiting on anything still?

I think I was still waiting on a response from Prehysterical, if there will be one.

Or I guess skipping a bit ahead works too.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

I'm waiting a bit more for Prehysterical and for Z and Zeal to round off their deal.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

And here I thought Elbeyons and my scene was while waiting for the timeskip

Unrelatedly, @WindStruck does your character have a particular domain of items that your character is invested in? Bolten has clockwork, Zeal has alchemy, Z has alchemy and potentially graft though I think I'll explore mind stuff, but I'm struggling a little to place your characters interests.

@DeTess, you might have missed the two questions in my last posts?

@Elbeyon, In your post have you already made a contract? The legal work referred to is that a contract that Z can sign? On reflection it's probably just the society law.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-13 at 08:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    @DeTess, you might have missed the two questions in my last posts?
    I might have, sorry! I assume you meant these?

Can we spend the time crafting and selling off screen in the meantime? I had a bunch of project planed over the next days
    Yeah, shouldn't be an issue

How much does Z get from the two treatments?
    You'll get the payment from Ronce over the timeskip. Since I think Zeal will be sharing the full profits from your treatment, that'll probably amount to another 500 per week (which Zeal would egt on top of the 1000 per week already promised) over the next 4-5 weeks (I'll put the specific amount in the timeskip post as well).

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Are we waiting on anything still?

I think I was still waiting on a response from Prehysterical, if there will be one.

Or I guess skipping a bit ahead works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    I'm waiting a bit more for Prehysterical and for Z and Zeal to round off their deal.
    I was waiting to see if the scene was going to get axed or not because of the timeskip. I will reply now.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Unrelatedly, @WindStruck does your character have a particular domain of items that your character is invested in? Bolten has clockwork, Zeal has alchemy, Z has alchemy and potentially graft though I think I'll explore mind stuff, but I'm struggling a little to place your characters interests.
    I think the answer you are looking for, in comparison to the other characters we have here, is:

Shandara's specialization is magic. Spells and arcane research.

ALSO, she's quite a good jeweler.

And she'd rounded out in other ways that make sense, I guess. Another interest related to the other characters is alchemy, though I imagine she isn't as good.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-02-13 at 01:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

@Elbeyon, In your post have you already made a contract? The legal work referred to is that a contract that Z can sign? On reflection it's probably just the society law.
    Zeal actually mostly focuses on artifice. Alchemy was simply the most relevant commission to her interests. She didn't pick the plague because it was alchemy, but because she wanted to focus on the plague. Helping with the plague was something Zeal felt she needed to do. The most relevant commissions to Zeal's skills are the boat and festival commissions. She will try the bank commission even if her skills are not the best aligned.

The contract put on the table is that fill-in template DeTess mentioned. It's just an example to give an idea to Z of what to expect to sign. It's not the final contract. Zeal will need to write a new contract to match the odd circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    You'll get the payment from Ronce over the timeskip. Since I think Zeal will be sharing the full profits from your treatment, that'll probably amount to another 500 per week (which Zeal would egt on top of the 1000 per week already promised) over the next 4-5 weeks (I'll put the specific amount in the timeskip post as well).
    That's right! OOC, Z should get the money from his commission, because that is only fair. I think it'd be a jerk move and not a team move OOC to try to take Z's comission.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

@DeTess, Yes those exactly. Thanks!

@WindStruck, Gotja. Any thoughts on what kinds of spells that you're interested in making?

@Elbeyon, any particular kind of artifice that Zeal is interested in?
    I am 100% comfortable with a 50/50 split but if you think that's a **** move I'll follow you.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

@Elbeyon, any particular kind of artifice that Zeal is interested in?
    I am 100% comfortable with a 50/50 split but if you think that's a **** move I'll follow you.
    I suppose Zeal is more interested in wondrous items and architecture. She wants to change society!

I do think claiming gold on the commission is a bit of a jerk move! Zeal isn't doing any work, currently, aside from making some elixir which she is being reimbursed. Zeal getting some fame for her time seems like a good deal. Zeal isn't trying to make money off the plague or Z. She will likely put in some extra work on the formula, but she can accept that.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

@prehysterical, there is a set of clamps in the workshop that allows for the inserted object to be rotated. It's generally used for holding pipes while the craftsman either straightens it out (or bends it) or works it into something else.

@windstruck, now that you're thinking in that direction you might recognize it as well. It looks like a slightly oversized clamp with a set if rollers on each side that can turn to turn the object.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

To me it feels like we're in this weird limbo where everybody waits for someone. Might I suggest that DeTess makes the timeskip post and we'll get around to adress it as soon as our scenes close?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

If prehysterical and windstruck want to finish their scene first, I'll of course let them. If they're fine with it, I'm going to kick things forward.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

I suspect I was unclear since your reply doesn't really address my post. I'm saying that you could make a post and people can wait with jumping along the timeskip until their scenes are finished. There's no reason as to why they can't finish their scene after you reveal what happenss after the timeskip.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-14 at 04:56 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227

You cool with moving forward, Windstruck?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Provided no one has any objections, I should put the 'kick things forward a bit' post up sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-15 at 12:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah we can move on...

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds good to me. I guess that means we should get around to choosing gestalt level 1. What are people looking at picking up? I'm myself leaning a little towards Artisan as it seem to be the only real non-cheese way to reduce crafting costs aside from Extraordinary Artisan. I was also having my eyes on some cool factotum/chameleon base class homebrews but they are probably too strong compared to available options.

21. - Top - End - #231

On that note, I have a rules question for DeTess. So, the familiar granted to the Clocksmith Wizard is stated to get only half of the usual bonuses. Meanwhile, in the rules, there is also a Clockwork Familiar that functions as a full familiar and has some nice little bonuses on top.

Since this whole game is about earning our power, would it be all right if Bolten crafts his familiar and gets the Bestiary Clockwork Familiar instead of a retooled standard familiar?

Edit: The links are below
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...ard-archetype/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...work-familiar/
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2021-02-15 at 12:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    On that note, I have a rules question for DeTess. So, the familiar granted to the Clocksmith Wizard is stated to get only half of the usual bonuses. Meanwhile, in the rules, there is also a Clockwork Familiar that functions as a full familiar and has some nice little bonuses on top.

Since this whole game is about earning our power, would it be all right if Bolten crafts his familiar and gets the Bestiary Clockwork Familiar instead of a retooled standard familiar?

Edit: The links are below
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...ard-archetype/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...work-familiar/
    Yeah, if you can manage to craft that one yourself it's fine to take it, and it won't apply only half the usual bonus. I'll waive the requirement for being level 7 to get it as a familiar, but you should pick up improved familiar to do so if you hadn't already.

23. - Top - End - #233

So, speaking of feats, we get one as part of our first level gestalt, right? I'm fuzzy on how gestalt rules work with NPC classes.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

So, speaking of feats, we get one as part of our first level gestalt, right? I'm fuzzy on how gestalt rules work with NPC classes.
    Yeah, not because of gestalt, but because I'm also giving you a feat from e6 at these 'gestalt' level-ups.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

How are we doing E6 feats? Do you have a source from which we can choose from, do we pick official regular feats with a level requirement of in the 1-9(?) range, or do we just homebrew them?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

How are we doing E6 feats? Do you have a source from which we can choose from, do we pick official regular feats with a level requirement of in the 1-9(?) range, or do we just homebrew them?
    Official feats with level requirements 1-7 (because pf gains a regular feat at 7, not 6 like dnd). Homebrew epic feats are on case-by-case approval after finishing the gestalt side.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Great!

Relatedly, I am rethinking my choice of gestalt class. Is this version of the artificer allowed? It's similar to the eberron variant that were previously allowed with less class features and no infusions, and instead more power shifted over to charge storing feature.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-16 at 08:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

New post is up. @ Elbeyon and @Sønderjye, your deal would have gone off without any trouble (meaning Z doesn't remember a thing). I assume Zeal will be sending the extra 500/week your way, but I'll leave it up to you how that goes.

As a week has passed, you'll also all get your weekly stipend, as well as any other weekly income you might have.

edit:
    Relatedly, I am rethinking my choice of gestalt class. Is this version of the artificer allowed? It's similar to the eberron variant that were previously allowed with less class features and no infusions, and instead more power shifted over to charge storing feature.
    I'm not a fan of that one, specifically not of it's weird science feature. I might be misreading it, but it seems really, really powerful, especially in e6, where it gains spell levels as quickly as any full caster. It gets a lot of spell casts per day (more than a sorcerer, significantly more if you can reliably make that use magic device check), and gets only slightly less 'spells known' than a sorcerer would. The ability to combine casts is also really powerful, and if such a combined device only takes up a single device slot then it makes the class significantly more versatile than sorcerer while also being able to cast far more spells in a day.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-16 at 12:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

For the record, since I think that was listed in the recruitment thread, the weekly stipend is 50 gp, right? Also, for skills, we only get per level skill ranks for our first PC level and not starting skill points, right?

Edit: Ha, so much for "perfect memory".
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2021-02-16 at 01:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

For the record, since I think that was listed in the recruitment thread, the weekly stipend is 50 gp, right? Also, for skills, we only get per level skill ranks for our first PC level and not starting skill points, right?
    Starting skillpoints aren't really a thing in PF, so no, you won't get those. Remember, in gestalt you get the amount of skillpoints of your best class, so if your gestalt a 6+int class on a 2+int NPC class, you'd get 4 additional SP.

Edit: Ha, so much for "perfect memory".
    Oh, he got what he wanted to test exactly right. He just didn't quite think through all the consequences. The easiest way to test whether the definition for sewage encompassed everything was to use it to magically block off a pipe and check if anything got through. Of course, since the definition was correct, that meant there was nowhere it could go but back up into the workshop :P