New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

After researching the night away, Shandara was fairly confident about making this sword. However, it was a bit more involved than anticipated. Shandara did have a plan, however. It involved inserting four enchanted gems into the sword's hilt:

The first gem removes the protections from positive energy. Basically a dispelling effect.

The second gem sunders the bond keeping the soul tied to the material plane. Another powerful dispelling effect.

The third gem makes a seal upon the creature's body, which traps all positive energy within. Yet another abjuration.

The fourth gem unleashes a torrent of positive energy into the target.

Each gem is activated with a command word. The wielder of the weapon can activate a gem and make a melee attack as part of a standard action. Shandara also notes that while the first three gems can effectively hold their charge, should the attack miss or be ineffective, the last gem has so much energy stored up that it needs to hit the target immediately after being activated, or much of the energy is lost and wasted. Also, while the soul is not necessarily trapped within the undead body during this process, it's still not going to be leaving the body until the body is destroyed. And with so much positive energy being infused at once, the soul is still going to be severely damaged by time it's all over. But regardless, even if the soul isn't completely destroyed, that's what the second gem is for.

She also notes that this sword, aside from the obvious physical harm it can do, could be devastating on a living target as well. When life is infused with too much positive energy, and the excess has nowhere to go, it tends to become... "existentially unstable".

With a formulated plan, Shandara decides to design the enchantments for each gem, taking her time in the archives to get this right.

Spoiler: rolls and stuff
    Show
    I'm guessing it would take 1-2 days to design each enchantment. Probably also includes a type/shape of gem ideal for each enchantment as well.

In addition to using the archives to help her, she'll use investigative mind for each enchantment as well.

gem 1: Remove Positive Energy Protection
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[31]
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[29]

gem 2: Soul Unbinding
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[33]
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[21]

gem 3: Seal in Positive Energy
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[29]
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[32]

gem 4: Positive Energy Reservoir
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[35]
    spellcraft: (1d20+18)[28]

Do let me know if Shandara needs some additional help designing these. And yes, they're only designs, not the actual making of them. I guess we will need help infusing the gems with magic. Especially the 4th one. The way the 4th gem works is, the enchantment just stores positive energy and unleashes it upon command. So a divine caster needs to actually channel positive energy into it.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

The Goldrow Bank

Zeal's eyes grow with understanding as she arms the tile. Her arm pumps as the puzzle is solved. The more resistant tiles are safe, except the one she ruined, while the more sensitive tiles are likely traps to be avoided. Her discovery will sadly not get a song and dance. She steps back with her tools and grabs her sand jar. A crazy idea forms in her head. She thinks she can cross the maze of traps without disarming a single one and she could leave the room with more traps than when she first entered. Before she starts, she will lock the door behind her so no one knows she entered. She stands at the middle row, fine sand glittering down from her jar, and sand seeping beneath the stone. The sand forms into supports and hardens like iron to support Zeal. She will walk forward while creating her own floor.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    (1d20+16)[22]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

After some days, Shandara returns to the ranger's guild, traversing the same dreary hallway in search of Captain Eshanel. The arcane designs for the gems she planned to use were safely in her pack, and a single sheet of parchment was in her hands with some simple notes on her work. Basically, what she did was explained shortly in layman's terms, and the bottom half of the sheet was some reminders of other topics for Shandara to cover as well.

(assuming the captain is there, alone)

Shandara gently raps on the door again and asks, "Captain Eshanel? I've come regarding the sword. Do you have some moments?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

The Ranger's guild
    Captain Eshanel looks much like she did when Shandara first saw her, though she looks a bit healthier. The scarred part on her face doesn't look quite as bad, and where she'd exuded an aura of weariness before, she now seems more energetic. "Yes, I can make some time for you." She responds to Shandara's question. "Take a seat, and tell me what you've come up with."
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

Shandara sits down and explains, "The magic for the ritual can be broken up into several parts. What I have done is.. designed it in such a way, as to be stored in gems on the sword. There would be four gems in total. You activate each command word and then you must strike the Deathless King. In particular, the final gem is troublesome. Storing a large amount of positive energy and releasing it quickly is difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. When the fourth gem is activated, the sword would need to stay lodged in the Deathless King for a while, for the positive energy to flood into his body." When pressed for more detail, Shandara can effectively convey to the captain that this duration is one-two rounds.

"It's probably not so simple as you originally envisioned it, but it's certainly less than ten minutes in the heat of battle. Does all this sound acceptable?" she asks.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

The Ranger's guild
    Eshanel nods as Shandara finishes her explanation. "That should do. Keeping the sword in place would be difficult if the Deathless King is still at full strength, but I expected to have to beat the creature down again anyway, so that's acceptable. One thing though. Could you try to make sure that it's possible to quickly recharge these crystals in the field, just in case? I'll have several casters with me that could provide the energy needed, but it needs to be possible to do it quickly, in the heat of combat if necessary. I realize this might not be possible for that final gem, but I'd like to have that as an option on the others at the very least. "

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

Shandara thinks on the question a bit and frowns. "Hm. But there is just one Deathless King to fight anyway, right?" She shakes her head with some disappointment.

"You see, the gems I designed actually store each spell inside them. You'd need to cast each spell individually anyway, with the aid of a magic circle to properly direct the magic into each gem. I think overall, the process would take longer than the original ritual used... But regardless, if the spell needs to be cast to charge the gems, that begs the question of why not just cast them directly on the Deathless King in the first place?"

Shandara looks down in some thought. "Or did you mean that any mage could just funnel their mana reserves into the weapon and recharge the spells that way?? That seems.. no, that would definitely be far more complicated and consume much of your casters' power, if not all of it inefficiently..."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I think that assessment is correct? It's like, instead of building a gadget yourself,
    you dump a bunch of raw materials into a machine
    that builds the gadget for you. So this machine needs to be very precise (more precise than the original spells), and it also needs to consume power making the gadget, and the gadget itself needs power to run...

Shandara clears her throat and asks, "Um, may I ask why you are requesting this? Does the Deathless King have some resistance to magic, or other ways of nullifying spells?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

the Ranger's guild

"The creature was capable of casting spells. I don't know if it can counter or disrupt spells, but I also don't know for certain that it can't. Some of its underlings also retain some spellcasting ability, even in death." The captain shrugs. "I'm not an Artificer though. If your design is the best I can hope for, it'll have to do. Then I'll just have to be very careful about when I use its power. Still, if you can think of some way to build in some redundancy, it'd give me some peace of mind."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, your assessment is correct, adding what she wants would make it far more complicated (not necessarily impossibly so, but it'd become very tricky), unless you come up witha evry different method.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-23 at 01:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

Shandara offers, "I think the most practical thing to do as a backup is scribe some scrolls the casters on your team can use. That should cover the first three effects. As for the last, even if you were to completely miss your opportunity and waste it.. it isn't strictly necessary. Your divine brethren could still infuse him with positive energy directly, and that should stick." She shrugs. "Or, I imagine hacking him to pieces and incinerating his body once his soul has been unbound should do the trick."

Satisfied with her answer, Shandara asks, "There is a different subject matter that I wanted to bring up. As I understand, some types of undead have certain resistances to damage. Now, are you absolutely certain the type of weapon you need is a long sword? And might other types of materials be advantageous aside from tempered steel?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-02-23 at 02:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild
    The captain shakes her head. "I've got a warhammer as back-up weapon for smashing skeletons, but nothing of the kind is needed for the Deathless King. They have enough flesh remaining that a weapon like a sword isn't at risk of hitting only air." "If you know of a particular weapon type that could work better I could take a look, but I'm most skilled with the long-sword. As for material..." She gets up, opens the chests tanding at the foot of her bed, and picks up the remains of a longsword. It's bright shine shows that it has been silvered, and Shandara's trained eye can pick up the remains of some enchantment on it.

"I used a silvered sword last time, but it didn't seem particularly bothered by that. My unit's scout fights with cold iron shortswords, but that didn't seem to matter much one way or another either. It hurt the creature, but no more than you'd expect a weapon wielded with skill to hurt it. I did look into other what other materials might be of use against undead, but most sources I could access talked about either silvering the weapon, or specific enchantments. Maybe you'll have more luck though."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    The Artificery department
    The Artificery department is a large, blocky building connected to the archives by a raised walkway. like all department buildings it contains a multitude of lecture halls, study rooms and workshops. The insides are a warren of stairs, hallways and rooms, with a multitude of signs providing the minimum of information needed to get around. however, there is a reception desk next to the main entrance, with a bored looking gnome sitting behind it, reading a book.
    Fortunately for the shy dwarf, Bolten remembers one name in particular from a posted notice weeks ago. He heads up to the third floor, looking for the office of Rufus Fallowhide. Perhaps Bolten's contraption would be sufficiently interesting for the researcher to give some advice...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

The Artificery department
    It takes a bit of searching, but eventually Bolten finds himself in front of a small office on the third floor, the small name tag reading 'Rufus Fallowhide'. Upon knocking, a reedy voice calls him inside.

The office itself is cramped, filled with bookshelves wit only the thinnest of pathways in between. There's just about room for a medium creature to maneuver mantelshelves to the desk, but most of the rest of the room seems to be build with a decidedly smaller occupant in mind. Rufus himself is a middle-aged halfling, with thinning grey hair and a set of glasses perched precariously on his nose. A large tome is open on his desk, which he'd probably been studying. "Yes?" He stretches the one word out into a question when the dwarf has made his way to his desk.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Called to it a day for formal research Z had a different kind of research that he wanted to do if he wanted to use this memory stuff as part of the drink competition. He needed actually exciting memories. As such he needed to find people with unique or at least strong memories that were suitable for public comsumption.

As such he walked down to the adventurer's guild, hoping to find an adventurer that have seen majestic ancient monuments, experienced the beauty of nature, had a strong feeling of awe, or something to that extend. He have the ranger's guild as a backup if he can't find an adventurer's guild but he imagines that they are more local and thus would have less exotic experiences.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-24 at 12:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

"Alright," Shandara says. "I am thinking of one particular alloy at the moment, of mithril and copper, which is exceptionally good at conducting magical energy and about as strong..." She frowns a bit and adds, "Of course, with the recent shortages, it would be harder to come by. This project is quite expensive. I would need funds up front and would expect further compensation upon delivery."

After checking her paper again and doing some math in her head, she continues, "I'd estimate the material for the sword alone would cost two thousand gold pieces or more. Finding a smith to craft it to the specifications may take another five hundred gold. As for all the gems, cutting them, preparing them, enchanting them, I believe that would cost around five thousand pieces. And lastly, if you'd like some backup scrolls for the mages in your group, those typically run at 525 gold pieces each for spells of this power. And furthermore, if you would want the weapon itself enchanted to always be effective against undead... we are looking at a cost of about seventeen thousand gold."

She looks at the captain with some concern. "Is your guild prepared to pay such an amount?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    and I just thought of another idea too. Her old sword looks really chewed up. Maybe another enchantment to make the one we are making more durable?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-03-03 at 04:30 PM. Reason: price updated

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

The Ranger's guild
    Captain Eshanel doesn't even flinch as Shandara names the amount. "That's acceptable."

Perhaps noticing some confusion, she explains a bit more. "We at the Ranger's guild keep the empire safe from the worst boogeymen. In return we're very well funded. For a Deathless-King-slaying sword, even if it's a one-shot weapon, 17000 gold pieces is an acceptable price. I can arrange a contract and for half to be paid upfront in a day or so. How long do you think it'll take to finish the weapon?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

The mythril-copper alloy should be more sturdy than a silvered sword. You don't know the exact situation that wrecked it though, so its hard to judge from that alone.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-03-03 at 11:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

Shandara raises a finger and says, with a very slight smile, "Well, the sword could be recharged. Um, technically it's the gems. But as I said, it's a lengthy process: longer than the original rituals. It's why I did not think it practical out on the field.."

When asked about how long it would take to make the sword, Shandara says, "Mm... I am no weapons expert, but I think crafting the sword would take at least two weeks. I should be able to have the magic part of that within the time frame."

Looking over at the captain's old silvered long sword, Shandara asks, "If I may, what happened to your other sword? Did it get into that condition just from normal use?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

The Ranger's guild
    "Two weeks is fine. That should give me enough time to finish recruiting and prepare for our next expedition." The ranger captain responds.

When asked about the state of her old sword, captain Eshanel looks slightly embarrassed. "This happened when we where fighting our way out of the Deathless king's Tomb. I'd already lost my warhammer in the scramble when we got ambushed by some kind of huge animated stone scorpion. The longsword isn't a good weapon for fighting creatures like that, but it was all I had left at that point. I've no intention of using the new sword you're making that way though."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger's Guild

"Hopefully not.. It might be a good idea for me to look into ways to strengthen the weapon further.. Hopefully, we can make the sword last. Make it a little treasure of the guild, hmm?"

Shandara looks down, tapping a finger on her other hand and adds. "Actually, captain.. that does remind me. I don't think I can put direct enchantments on the blade until after it is finished. So, you should expect the sword to be finished in about three weeks, I think."

"Aside from the person Duncan you mentioned, would any of the other mages on your team be able to help with the enchantment or the scrolls? That should also reduce your costs."

19. - Top - End - #169

The Artificery Department

Bolten makes his way carefully through the maze of books to the halfling's desk. He greets Rufus's question with a patient smile. "I hear that you are looking into alternative methods for controlling automatons. As it just so happens, I am designing a pair of clockwork legs for a client and am looking for a method that will allow mental control of the apparatus. I was hoping that... well, we could collaborate. You get your test subject and I find a more user-friendly way to control the legs."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

The Goldrow Bank

A click and whoosh end with two thuds like pickaxes into wet dirt. Sharp pain freezes Zeal from taking another step. The sand flowing towards the floor hardens into stone and stops mid-air. Her violet eyes widen at the two darts poking out of her leg. She can not speak. A numb sensation pushes into her leg and she rapidly files through all the horrible outcomes. She had expected poison might be used as a nonlethal way to capture testers, but the delivery method had caught her unexpectedly unaware. Her hand slips into her belt and retrieves a small vial. She pulls down on her mask and drinks an antitoxin. That will have to keep her going. She can only hope her body fights off the poison. The hardened sand breaks apart by her will and creates a short bridge from the safe tile to the end of the hallway. She crosses with haste. Her hand pulls out the two yellow sap-tipped darts.

She catches her breath and summons the sand bridge back into the jar. That could have gone much worse. The sand should have worked. The tiles must have been more sensitive than she realized. She stashes the darts in her backpack. She carefully looks forward at the stairs, averting her direct gaze to avoid magical traps. Only if she can get upstairs, she won’t be spotted from the door behind her. She careful walks towards the stairs while keeping an eye out for traps. Only a little farther, the human problem turns into a problem of mechanics and magic. Traps usually are much more patient.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Plus a little peek around with Detect Magic!
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-02-24 at 11:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

The Ranger's guild
    "If there's a way to strengthen it further without compromising the rest of the functions I won't say not to that." Captain Eshanel responds. "As for help with placing the enchantments, I have recruited a new arcanist for my unit, but it'll be a little over a week still before she arrives here. I'll aks her to help you afterwards."

"Ah, that project..." Rufus frowns. "I'm afraid my initial testing wasn't that successful. The theory and execution where sound, but what I'd hoped would allow for very intuitive control right out of the box instead requires a long period and learning of adaptation to properly use."

"Am I right in understanding that this is a project for someone unable to walk on their own? Needing a couple of weeks of hard mental work to train themselves in using my invention might not be all that much of a hurdle then."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Shandara nods and eventually leaves. Not before giving her contact info. She could be sent messages via courier mail, or visited in person at home (usual time constraints). Also, if not there, she was usually at the archives or another library at night. Probably best to arrange meetings slightly in advance.

Now Shandara had a little bit of a predicament. Only getting half the funds at first.. and a couple days from now? She was really loathe to start buying up materials and begin diligently working on a project, spending her own money (and it was a lot by the way) before a contract was even drawn up.

It seemed she'd have a bit of time to herself to relax then. What she did end up doing was start writing up her own request to put on the notice boards.

A rough draft she came up with: 'Seeking a skilled weapons smith to craft a long sword of unusual material. The hilt also has unique specifications.'

Spoiler: Prehysterical
    Show
    You messaged me before about offering help and getting Shandara to help with his own project. Any time you want to show up now is good.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-02-25 at 02:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Imperial Cartographer's guild

Z walks in the front door at the guild's head quater in town. If there's a receptionist or secretary he presents himself as: "Master Volenta from the Royal Artificer Society. I have come by a novel way of communicating stories and I was hoping that some of the explorers from your prestigious guild have experiences that would be interesting to an audience. Is there a process to make requests or is any explorers available for a chat today?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

The Imperial Cartographer's guild
    The entrance hall off the cartographer's guild is quite modest. It consists of a small waiting area with several comfortable chairs arranged around a table made form a ship's rudder, a large reception desk with a middle-aged human male manning it and several doors leading deeper into the building. One wall is covered by a huge map of the known world, however. It is wonderfully detailed, but what is most striking about it are the blank spots. Most maps available for sale cover the unknown areas up, either cutting the map off, or filling those area's in with best guesses. This map makes no such compromises however, showing in exacting details what ahs been explored, and in empty whiteness where work is still to be done.

The receptionist seems a bit unsure about how to handle Z's request. He quickly glances around, seeing if there is anyone else that could take voer, but that's not the case. Instead, he asks Z to take a seat in a small waiting area while he quickly asks around. About 10 minutes alter he returns, a gigantic half-orc in two. The half-orc is well over 6 feet tall, and not that much less broad across the shoulders his muscle-bound arms are covered in all manners of tattoos in a myriad different styles, some of which Z might have seen, but most of which look quite exotic. The half-orcs hair is already greying, and the tip of one of his tusks seems to have broken off and some point, and has been replaced with a silver cap.

The receptionist points at Z and the half-orc walks over and carefully lowers himself in one of the chairs. "I am navigator Dol Burzak." He introduces himself. His voice is as deep as his massive frame suggests. "The guy at the reception told me that you're with the Artificery Society and are doing something with stories. I've sailed for the guild for nearly 30 years and have plenty to tell, but I would like to know a bit more about what exactly you're doing first."

25. - Top - End - #175

Bolten's expression brightens at Rufus's hopeful testimony. "That's great to hear! Er, rather, hearing that it's even possible. Fortunately, I have found a way around that particular problem. I am installing a set of manual controls that the patient can use until they have enough practice to move the apparatus mentally. And yes, this is intended to help someone who is losing the ability to walk.

...So, how did you do it?"

Shandara's House, Later that Night
    After his conference with Rufus, Bolten decides to get right on tapping into one of his primary contacts. Mindful of the drow's nocturnal habits, Bolten waits until after dark before making his way to her home. He knocks politely but firmly on her door. "Hello, Shandara? It's me, Bolten! I apologize if this is a bit forward, but I would appreciate you taking a look at something."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

The Goldrow Bank

Zeal steps off the stairs to the basement. She remains extremely cautious about looking around the hallway and the mirrors. She pulls a mirror out of her own backpack and a small pouch alongside it. She pinches cold iron out of the pouch and sprinkles it on the mirror before rubbing the dust the surface. Reflecting the walls off the mirror, she tries to indirectly view the magical traps. The lichen on her arms is closely observe to allow her to back off if she feels like she might activate the trap. Otherwise, she gets closer without stepping on the trap tiles to see how she might disable the traps to the vault.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

The artificery society
    "Right, right, one moment." Rufus gets out of his chair and disappears into the maze of his office. Bolten can hear him move around, accompanied by the noise of rustling paper and drawers being openend and closed. Eventually he returns, carrying a copper circlet inset with small gems, a small wooden box and a stack of paper. "So, this is basically a scaled down version of the system they use at the psionics department for checking out whether someone has messed up their mind. Now, their system can actually visualize the waveform of someone's thought processes, while this circlet just listens for very specific patterns."

Rufus puts on the circlet and opens the box. Inside the box are half a dozen small rubies, or halves of rubies. The other halves of the gem stones are set in the circlet Rufus is now wearing. "Now watch this." The rubies on the circlet start lighting up one by one, first going clockwise around Rufus' head, then going the other way. As it happens, the corresponding rubies in the box light up as well. "I can activate these rubies as I want by just thinking in the correct way. It's a bit like flexing mental muscles."

"Now, this is just a demonstration model, but you can use it for training as well, as you can swap out the gems easily. In practical applications you'd use paired gems enchanted to do more than just light up. Maybe small chips of ghost crystal to function as actuators or the like." He hands Bolten several sheets of paper. "This is my design for the circlet. You're free to use it and improve on it, but I do want access to your final design in return. You learn from me, I learn from you, and the sum total of both our knowledge has increased."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Shandara's House

Shandara's home was a quaint place. Perhaps a bit big considering just one person lived there, but when you factored in all the other stuff she had there, it made sense. It was a two-story brick building, seeming a bit aged but still taken care of. Nobody could ever really see inside, ever, given the heavy drapes that were upon every window. But sometimes, despite that, a window was cracked open in the warmer months.

The house didn't have a porch, though it did have a small stone landing in front of the door with a few steps leading up to it. The front yard of the home was also walled off with the same kind of brick, stylized with intermittent "pillars" and high enough to completely obscure her small frame as it rose above her and a few lanterns for the benefit of people passing by in front, if anything. It was like a miniature courtyard, though both entrance to her home and the gate were a bit off to the same side. A small tree grew near the only logical corner one could fit.

In this courtyard, it was technically Shandara's garden. Though it wasn't particularly well taken care of, at first glance. It seemed to be just full of weeds. Though they seemed pretty healthy and not too overgrown. There was a bird bath in the center of the garden and a small bench near the opposite wall, under the tree.

After Bolten knocked and practically yelled through the door, he may have seen a slight flutter of the curtains before hearing the clicking of some locks, and Shandara slowly, gingerly pulled open the door.

"Um, hello, Bolten.." she said awkwardly. "You said you wanted me to look at something?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

The Imperial Cartographer's guild

"Thank you for gifting me with your time Navigator," Z starts: "I'm working on a bigger project that involve inventing a way to let people experience the memories of others as if they were there. Long term you could imagine letting for instance apprentice navigators experiencing being in the middle of a storm or attack without the risks or you could imagine increasing the understanding between neighbouring countries by allowng people to experience what is it like to live in the other culture without having to risk the journey. In the short term I am looking to see if I can isolate specific parts of memories as a way of showing a prototype and for that I wish to be able to use memories that involved strong positive emotions or sights of ancient structures or incredible nature that cityfolks normally don't experience."

He gives the orc a moment to digest and ask questions before continueing. "In practical terms what this means for you is that I'd like to borrow some strong memories, you'll get them fully back, and to let others experience those memories. You'll of course be compensated. Do you have any experiences that you think would be suitable for the good folk of Vaungate?"

30. - Top - End - #180

The Artificery Society
    Rufus's demonstration draws a quiet clapping of hands and an 'ooh' of delight from Bolten. He accepts the stack of papers thankfully and nods his head in eager compliance. "Of course, fair is fair... It will likely be a few days, though hopefully not more than four at the absolute most. I will bring these back along with a copy of the design." The dwarf flashes a jubilant smile at the researcher. "Thank you very much for your help!"

Shandara's House
    Perhaps uncharitably, Bolten was surprised by the amount of effort put into the exterior of Shandara's home. Perhaps she enjoyed spending time outside during the night... Bolten had always been told by anyone he knew that drow usually preferred a stone roof over their heads to the open sky and that wooden roofs were a barely adequate substitute. When Shandara hesitantly answered the door, Bolten nodded his head. "Yes. May I come in?" While not necessarily paranoid, Bolten didn't like the idea of discussing a sensitive project out in the open.
    Spoiler: OOC for WindStruck
    Show
    I'm playing this slow for now since you seem interested in describing Shandara's home, but let me know if I need to speed things up by editing this to get to the point.