New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Is the Multiverse Medieval?/Why is the city of Union so primitive?

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I was talking about ashtago theory of "you can only see things you are familiar with" which means that even if union was entirely made out of commlinks and datapads(no air: there is just breathable datapads and so on) a medieval person would not be able to see any of those.
    What if someone wants to teach him how to use one? Is he just doomed to never know?
    All Classes Matter

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro2119 View Post
    What if someone wants to teach him how to use one? Is he just doomed to never know?
    You could probably show things incrementally: for example start by explaining the scry spell then show a scrying orb and keep introducing closer and closer concepts?
    But I am not sure: it is not my theory.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-02-24 at 08:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    You could probably show things incrementally: for example start by explaining the scry spell then show a scrying orb and keep introducing closer and closer concepts?
    But I am not sure: it is not my theory.
    Frankly there is a lot of gaps in that theory; it if were an illusory thing it would be fine, but if you enter a warehouse full of datapads you have the problem of friends being able to scale a pile of datapads to get to the other side but you falling through them because they don't exist to you somehow.
    All Classes Matter

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Those datapads would probably get re-interpreted as personal crystal balls (which somehow don't roll when dropped).

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    Those datapads would probably get re-interpreted as personal crystal balls (which somehow don't roll when dropped).
    Well if they function the exact same then there IS no difference other than an aesthetic reskin in that case.
    All Classes Matter