Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: The Last Stand (OOC)

JNAProductions:
    - Looks good so far, any notion of what you're going to take for you magic item(s)?

Shveiran:
    - Looks good from what I can see now. Just might want to be careful with those extra fireballs. I fully plan to include terrain and surroundings damage which could affect entire battlefields and vastly change the nature of encounters.
    - That background is fine, and yes, you're free to trade out the history skill for another.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-01-28 at 04:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

I took an Eversmoking Bottle.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zalphier View Post
    JNAProductions:
    - Looks good so far, any notion of what you're going to take for you magic item(s)?

Shveiran:
    - Looks good from what I can see now. Just might want to be careful with those extra fireballs. I fully plan to include terrain and surroundings damage which could affect entire battlefields and vastly change the nature of encounters.
    - That background is fine, and yes, you're free to trade out the history skill for another.
    Thank you!
    And no worries, I plan to focus on battlefield control and debuffing, not blasting. I just wanted some big guns for when we really need them.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, uhm, how are we doing chaps?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Not bad, I think I have sheets for 5 of the 7 people who were interested so we could get to kicking this thing off... Why not, I'll see about getting an IC thread started either tonight or tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Alright, time to get this show on the road.

IC thread here

I'm going to wait out until after the weekend to post my next update on the IC thread to give those who might not have character sheets finished just that bit of extra time. Afterwards though I'd like to aim at a post at most every 3 days, though will try for more if everyone posts before then.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I have a sheet but it needs finishing still which I will try to get to tomorrow but can't confirm.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2388732

Sheet is here, ask any questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Couple things, first of all, it seems weird that the village is walled but the Knight's manor (S14) isn't, I suggest that the wall surround the entire village *except* for the East side which is protected by the lake itself. Also, for clarification how big is each square?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

- I had actually considered this and had to look at the time line for the decision. See, the village itself predates the Knight's manor by a fair amount of time, and the walls themselves were only really in use while the valley was being settled. The lord from the closest kingdom who ended up laying claim to the valley however came along much later when the walls were not really in use any longer because the valley was more or less settled. They also weren't expanded upon because the keep at the valley mouth was thought to be ample protection. In truth, the walls were never truly setup to handle a full scale siege, just keep out small groups of monsters and beasts as well as provide a vantage point for archers when they were in more active use.
    - And I think it was discussed earlier that each square should be approximately 1km^2
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-02-04 at 12:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

If each square is a km2, then it's unlikely a village has a palisade with a 6km perimeter, so is earthworks more reasonable? A hill above a ditch, and still probably not on the eastern edge where the lake is. I am assuming that the Lord's manor has actual stone wall fortifications?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

- I'd rather keep the walls at least palisade, under the mindset that when they were going up, a fair chunk of the land that is now farmland was forest.

- Yes, the eastern side wouldn't have the walls thanks to the natural barrier that is the lake.

- And yeah, there's probably some kind of stone fortification around the manor. Maybe not full ramparts with regular watch tower's and arrow slits, because again the very defensible keep, but there would be decently tall and difficult to climb walls

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Bag Pipe Alarm me boyos! Let's roll! Also, for clarification, Baeranor will be keeping pace with Gerwulf.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Alright, true to my word I've given people time, but now that time is up and so the game goes on. As stated before, I plan to try and post at least once every three days regardless of who's posted. Though if I see everyone's posted before hand, I'll go ahead and make mine early. Now let's have some fun saving the valley!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't suppose we could get some harder numbers?
    Like, how big is the enemy army, and how big is the portion that is already marching on the village? I realize we don't have a headcount, but are we talking 20, 50, 500, 5000, 50k?
    How many homesteads are visibly staying put rather than seeking shelter in the village? How close are those houses to the village, and to the approaching mounted enemies?

Also... did I read that right, there is already a number of kids with broomsticks running out of the gate and toward the monsters?
    Last edited by Shveiran; 2021-02-09 at 09:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Ah, yeah I could do some rough estimates based on what you can see.
    - You estimate around 100 of these worg riders in the first wave, though you'd really be basing that on how much you can see and how packed the formation is as an unknown number aren't visible thanks to the southern forest.
    - Through Malcer's familiar, they're able to see maybe another 60 or so being divided roughly into groups of 20 on the road, though it's uncertain how many yet linger in the keep itself and more do seem to be coming out fairly steadily.
    - A majority of the buildings that you can see people fleeing into would be the ones on the squares surrounding the walled portion of the city, and it's approximately 30 or so people, maybe 6-8 families and a couple individuals or pairs of people. At least that was what I was referring to since these were immediately visible without having to specify directions and such that you'd be looking.
    - And the worg riders are about 2 squares away from the edge of the southern farms, I added some arrows to the map for reference.

- And finally, yes, there are a group of children "ready for war", though they'd gathered on streets outside of the walled section of the village, effectively in square s16, though they are fairly close to T16

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Just a heads up, I plan to be updating after work today.

Welp, post is up, phew that was a lot.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-02-15 at 11:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Point of clarification, are we, or are we not in combat currently? I was taking my actions as though keeping track of Standard, Move and Bonus Action, whereas other's are taking minutes to put on armor, issue orders and traverse 1km square hexes, so I am a little confused by what is going on, who is where, and what the time scale is for an action.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Point of clarification, are we, or are we not in combat currently? I was taking my actions as though keeping track of Standard, Move and Bonus Action, whereas other's are taking minutes to put on armor, issue orders and traverse 1km square hexes, so I am a little confused by what is going on, who is where, and what the time scale is for an action.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
    Yeah, I'm also fairly confused by this. I thought the enemies were still multiple km away and had just been sighted as the closest elements were at the river bend inn, which is still a fair ways off. But I don't know how much time that atually gives us.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Sorry about the confusion in that and actually looking over my post, I see I forgot to actually update the worg's location as well. So let me elaborate here and I'll adjust the map momentarily.

1) We're not in combat yet, but the worg's are closing and will probably be here in my next bigger updating post.
    - I might try to do some smaller posts before then as there's a lot of interactions going on and that wall of text is a bit rough
    - And if anyone needs to modify their current posts or change some things up, I understand, just please let me know in case I need to make any edits to the bigger post as I might not notice otherwise.
    2) Time wise, I'm honestly a little fuzzy on it myself in terms of exacts, but was estimating that it's been around 30-45 minutes with some distortion here and there that might need to patched up some.
    - Worg's have moved about 6 squares forward, so 12 Km, which is roughly 7.5 miles
    - High end average canter speed for horse is up to 15mph, halved is 7.5
    - Figure Worgs might not be as fast as a horse, so a horse's canter might be close to a worg's gallop, especially if they're supposed to go slow enough for the goblins to launch attacks from them without issue.

I hope that clears things up nicely, and I'm sorry if I got perhaps a bit overzealous in my update. I'm just fairly excited about this game and looking forward to the bigger scenes.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-02-16 at 08:29 AM.