New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 8

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "Well, why don't you ask her? Or I could do it in your stead" Eris offered Mávro standing up and then kissed Leff on the cheek "Let's go back home, then. We got a feast to organize- Tongkugee and Trinuma mustn't have eaten nor drank in days. Speaking of which... Ah. Right, Tongues run out" she looked at the dragons.

"Do you understand Common? Leff will open a portal in a minute"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    We might need a new thread.
    Trinuma, the bronze dragon, nodded. "Indeed. May we return here when our strength is restored to be rid of that evil?"
    "Trinuma speaks for herself. I have gone a long time without conversation, and look forward to a month of that before gathering the treasure necessary to pass on."
    Leff was already drawing the circle. "Mavel talfortzía... Mavel talfortzía
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 8

"Your help would be welcomed" Eris nodded "Tong... Ku...g... Ugh, it was easier when I had Tongues. Anyway, if I can suggest a good place for that, in the Calim desert there is a brass dragon called Tulgither. I would imagine he'd like a long chat- he used to talk with his sentient weapons at lenght but those were stolen by a blue dragon" she frowned "It's a Great Wyrm, so we've been unable to recover them because the threat was too much for us at the time. Tulgither's smaller then you so even with his help it was too dangerous"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

"Tongkugee," the dragon reminded Eris. "And brass dragons tend to avoid one another... I do not know if you were aware, but my people are not good listeners."

Spoiler: FOR REAL LORE
    Show
    Brass Dragons don't like being together because they want to be the one talking.

"But you mention a Blue Great Wyrm?" The bronze dragon confirmed. "Myself and Tongkugee must fill our horde with all haste if we are to have time to mark it and eat it. Perhaps we could persuade you to join us in destroying this blue dragon after our business with this god is complete."
    "Ready," Leff said, pointing into the circle of fire. "Get ready to be real cramped."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

"It won't be hard to persuade us" Eris made a mental note that bronze dragons are very dedicated to slaying evil "And yes. Into the portal! It lasts only a short time" Eris moved through "And yes, it'll be cramped for you"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The dragons rushed through after them, emerging at customs in Baldur's gate.
    The lady who normally stopped them sighed. "Oh, what happened this time?" She pulled out some paperwork to fill out.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Eris chuckled.
    "Stopped cultists, freed dragons. The usual. They'll be staying with us while they recover, they've been through a lot. Will we need a special pass like for the wyvern? Right" she turned to the dragons "We have a wyvern. She has learned to not attack any dragon we tell her not to, but she'll still snarl at you most likely. Oh and... I know her armor is made from a gold dragon, but we didn't hunt any down- it was gifted to us. He was slain and used as an undead mount during a war and we put an end to it. I hope this won't be too much of a problem" Eris explained.

"Do you mind Shadar-Kais and Flumphs? There aren't any other atypical abitants in the Keep"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-25 at 08:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"If you keep your... guests on your own property, that's fine," the guard lady said. "We just have to make a note of all dragons in the city. Names, please?"
    After that was dealt with, Tongkugee and Trinuma followed Eris to her fortress.
    "Nothing wrong with Shadar-Kai," the brass dragon assured her. "I am happy that they have a better place to stay than that horrible place. I don't mean to insult you," Trinuma said to Mávro. "I simply do not wish to live there."
    Mávro nodded politely, not understanding their language.
    "Flumphs are peaceful creatures. If they are under your protection, we will get along," Tongkugee said.
    When they arrived at House Lelahinn and the surrounding Fortune’s Wind Keep, Aklah was upon them immediately, shielding Leff from the dragons with her wings and snarling at them, her tail up and ready to sting.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"She said that she's happy your people found home here. And that she doesn't like the Shadowfell" Eris explained to Mávro.

"Aklah, No!" Eris ordered sternly, standing between the wyvern and the dragons. She then patted her stinger down and softened her voice "Friends. No danger" she looked over her shoulder at them "Safe to assume that you'd like to eat and drink? We don't have a room big enough for either of you but the land around here is all our property"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"No one does," Mávro said.

"Yes, please stay for food and drink," Leff said. The dragons were grateful, and an outdoor meal was set up by Delilah, who insisted on flavoring all food after the Shadar-Kai kitchen staff were mostly done cooking.
    Aklah watched the dragons all evening, waiting for them to give her an excuse to attack, but the dragons did not seem concerned as they ate and drank to their hearts' content.
    "How did you find us?" The bronze dragon asked. "Or was it an accident?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"It wasn't an accident" Eris said, wondering how best to approach the subject "What... Do you remember before ending up there?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Trinuma scowled. "We had found the hiding place of the Eldest Aboleth, Tren Krom. Together we went to destroy the foul creature."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh" Eris looked away "She... Captured you. When we met the first time your minds were... Not yours. You raised to attack us but a friend of ours Banished you back on Toril before you could attack and you ended up on the Isle" she decided to spare them the details about the obvious signs of torture "The same person also managed to find you through Scrying- he told us what he saw and we could find the exact location because he's the Consort to Mab, the Queen of the Unseelie in the Feywild. This meant that to scry you on Toril you had to be at a Crossroad- Mávro -the elf that has been with us- remembered a similar place at the Isle, so we departed to find and help you" she explained.
    "We had decided that we couldn't just leave you to die- and my wife had already treated cases similar to yours, so we were confident you'd heal"

Then she added "Right, Trem Krom's dead. Very dead. In a horrible way. We dropped a Tarrasque on her and it ate her for lunch"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-25 at 09:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Where is the Tarrasque now?" Trinuma asked with some urgency, swallowing a pig.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Eris shook her head.
    "We don't know, but we were told it'll eventually come back to Toril, we left it on the Astral Sea. We were too tired to face it after defeating Trem Krom and most of her minions" she explained "Also, I got teleported into the Shadowfell before it almost swallowed me. You can guess that I had other problems- we've been back home only for a little while. With some luck it ate those two aboleths we left behind too"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"The Tarrasque has been sleeping an abnormally long time, due to the assistance of the Druid Elakian," Trinuma said. "If he no longer has access to it, there is no telling when it will awaken... and where."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll consult with him, if we can find him. We met Elakian, but he wasn't very talkative" admittedly, the subject wasn't one he liked "And if the Tarrasque wakes up... We'll find a way to deal with it. I bet a lot of people will band together to drive it into the earth again" she assured the dragon.

"Besides, right now it's not the biggest threat I can think of" Eris frowned "There's a worst menace that I hope you'd be willing to help with- but it's something we shouldn't talk about in the open, so I'll tell you another time. But there is one other thing I believe you two should know. Abeir and Toril are joining back into one- we believe it'll take something like five years. This means that there will many more evil dragons around- and from what we've seen, on Abeir metallic and cromatic behave the same, so you'd better be wary of them both. Coincidentally, the Great Wyrm I talked about was teleported with her whole nest from there too" she sighed and focused on eating the flavored food.
    "Sorry for all these troubling news while you've just gotten back" she felt the need to apologize.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Evil never gives us time to rest," the dragon nodded.
    Nightfall came.
    "After our business together is complete, we will be busy," the bronze dragon told Eris, stretching and coiling up to sleep. "But if you need us to guard your fortress while you are away, please call us."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll on the follower table jk it's a bronze dragon
    Long rest and level up your Paladin level, Eris
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-01-26 at 12:29 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, Trinuma and Tongkugee" Eris nodded.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Always wanted a personal big-sized dragon.

Aaaand Aura of Protection finally! +4 to all saves to herself and allies within 10 feet! Also we broke the 200 hp limit finally.

Uh, can I try again to convince Black Ice in becoming my pact weapon?

She later went to find Delilah to talk about what Mávro said.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Ugh. Fine.

Delilah was playing a song for Gina as the child slowly went to sleep.
    Gina had trouble falling asleep.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Yay! also OOC
    Show
    Charisma check right? (1d20+4)[16]

Eris smiled and sat down beside the kid, stroking her head gently to help her fall asleep.
    "Can we talk?" she mouthed to Delilah, not wanting to interrupt her song.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Tomorrow, Black Ice will not respond.

Delilah kept singing until Gina managed some fitful sleep. "What's up?" She asked, nodding for Eris to follow her away from Gina.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Eris complied, not wanting to wake Gina up again.
    "While talking with Mávro, she confided that... Well, that she's a bit jealous of me and Leff. She said that she doubts any Shadar-Kai would think about her because of her tattoos and when I brought up the idea of looking outside of them she said that there's nobody who's got any romantic interest in her within the Keep" she explained.
    "According to her Stacia looks too aloof and you're too busy with Gina. And I remember quite clearly that you liked Mávro when you met her so I thought I'd listen to your opinion"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm? I... guess I have been neglecting my bard duties," Delilah considered, smiling. "I could totally give her the night of her life."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"I wonder" Eris mused "I mean, I'm not doubting your expertise. But... She doesn't look like someone who wishes for just one night, if you understand what I mean" she shrugged "She sealed her heart off when her fiancé died... I think she'd look for a proper relationship. That said, I'm not the bard who understands people's hearts here, you are"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"That's harder," Delilah confessed. "I barely know anything about her."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"I have a great idea" Eris stated then "How about me and Leff worry about Gina while the dragons rest and give you more free time to... Well, do whatever you want. Look, I don't know how people get to know each other when there's no common enemy to defeat" besides Tanaquill, but that's not the kind of 'know each other' she referred to.
    "Alright, maybe it's not a great idea. But it's one. Mávro likes singing and has a beautiful voice- and she can't keep secrets or get metaphors. Not well anyway. She's loyal, caring, curious and managed to befriend Aklah in an istant- she's also great with animals and probably very affectionate. And comes up with some smart ideas. And fearless. Does any of that help? I don't think I have to say anything about her looks"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Her thigh gap is so big I could fit my head in there while she's standing up straight," Delilah agreed. "So... you think I should talk to her tomorrow? About a picnic with music?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Eris blushed.
    "R-right, now I miss Leff. But yes, I think so- I'd tell you that you can take Aklah for a ride, but she isn't very... Romantic. Don't forget that Shadar-Kais have a peculiar taste for food" her tail wagged, unclear if she was thinking about Leff's own thighs or shipping two of her friends.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Delilah laughed. “Oh, go sleep with your wife. I know how to ask a woman on a date.”
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"I await good news" Eris took her leave and went to... Well, to find Leff. It was time to turn in for the night.

Not for sleep.