New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 8

Eris and Sirthis woke up late in the morning holding their wives. They hadn't gotten much sleep the previous nights. Sirthis because Clephesia needed feeding, and Eris because she did.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    The Eris thing killed me.

Sirthis groaned and stretched painfully, tunneling his face between Mab's neck and shoulder.
    "I don't wanna wake up" he murmured and kissed her neck.

Eris was much more willing to wake up, given the day.
    "Heeeeey light of my eyes" she whispered to Leff and kissed her once and twice "Wake up. I told Delilah we were going to take care of Gina today" she kissed her another time. That was sure to wake her up.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Mab wrapped him in her arms. "Then why don't I have Borra handle the fortress and such and you just stay here with me?"

Leff returned the second kiss and shot up with wide eyes on the third. "Ah... so... we should get dressed?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"Because the Grove dies without my tender care" Sirthis whined "And I still need to catch up with... Mmm... Ha Des. Yes. To talk to Titania. But this is a lovely idea that we should act on as soon as possible" he promised her and gave her a kiss.
    "Actually let me first hear from him. If your sister isn't free today ten minutes and I can go back to bed" he reached for his component bag.

Spoiler: Sending to Ha Des
    Show
    I got the gift for Titania! She'll love it. I think. I was told it's her favorite.

"Unless you suddenly became an exhibitionist" Eris nodded, winked milking her new 18 Charisma for all it was worth and stood up stretching before starting to get dressed and armored. Black Ice layed by the side of the bed and she glanced at it.

She would try making the sword agree to the pact again after she got dressed.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ha Des
    Show
    And when would you like to speak with Titania?

Mab pouted and looked at Sirthis with wide, inviting eyes while he talked to Ha Des.

"Well when you wake me up like that I have expectations, is all," Leff murmured. She got on her traveler's clothes.

The sword didn't move or speak.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hurried second Sending
    Show
    Tomorrow? Afternoon because my daughter wakes me up and I have to nurture the Grove? Today I got a... Situation.

Sirthis would have shot her an angry glance but it mostly turned out like an excited one.

"And that is one of the reasons I love you" Eris sheated Black Ice on herself after her unsuccesful try. Such a drama queen that sword was. As soon as they were fully presentable she left the room to make her way to Giana's room. Although they had probably already woken up.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ha Des
    Show
    Excellent. I'll make all the arrangements.

"Hurry back," Mab whispered to him.

Gina was with Delilah, they were reading a book together.
    "And the cats said 'won't you dance with us, young princess?'" Delilah was reading, then looked up to Eris and Leff. "There you two are!"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Right! Ha Des says tomorrow's good. Be right back" Sirthis gave Mab a kiss, got out of the bed, dressed in basically his pants and important equipment and nothing else, and he was wind.

No seriously, Wind Walk. We wanted to do it fast. Sirthis flied to the Grove.

"Somebody wouldn't wake up" Eris stuck her tongue out at Leff, before turning back to them "Hey Gina! We're going to spend some time together today"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis refreshed the grove and was soon back with his wife.

Gina looked up at Eris with her still-a-bit-hollow eyes and made no indication that she understood or cared.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

şDon't worry Eris, you're more scared of her then she is of you. Wait. ****.ş

Eris tried sitting near Gina.
    "Mmm... How about... We keep reading that book?" she proposed, hoping that would jump start her memory.
    Also she didn't know that story, so she was more then happy to read it aloud for both of them, even if missing the beginning.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The Cat Princess
    Show

Once upon a time in a little house on the edge of a great wide wood lived a young girl with her mother. The poor girl was sick and spent much of her days in bed watching the days pass by from a little window in her room. The girl's mother loved her very much, but as it was just the two of them and the girl was ill of health and frail of form, every day she had to make the journey to town where she worked in the kitchens of the local lord. While she was gone, the girl would mind the house, read one of their precious few books and observe the bees and the trees and the birds in flight as she spent the greater part of her time resting in bed. The girl knew that her mother loved her, and that her time away was all for her sake, and she was grateful to her and loved her in return, but it was a lonely life, spending her days re-reading some of the same books or talking to the air in their little home on the wood's edge.

One day, as the girl sat in bed looking out at the fields that lay between her home and the woods, she noticed a cat making its way out of the forest. It was not long before the girl realized the cat clearly making its way towards her home was no ordinary cat, for upon her head she wore a little top hat. And if that were not strange enough on its own, as the cat pattered up beneath the girl's window, she stood, doffed her cap, took a bow and said: "Greetings, young master. You look as if you could use a bit of dancing."

The girl, stunned by these words from the dapper little cat, could scarcely find her voice. "Oh, no, sir," said the girl. "I don't know how to dance. Nor am I made for it."

"Nonsense," said the cat. "Why, anyone can dance if only they look to. Come out of doors and let me show you." And as she spoke, the cat donned her hat and began to turn in circles and dance.

The girl was curious but said, "Good Lady Cat, I am afraid I am ill. My lungs are too weak and my bones are too frail."

"Oh, maybe they are and maybe they aren't," the cat replied. "But either way, you do not want to languish one more day in bed watching the world go by, do you? Come, take a walk with me through the fields, and I will show you how to dance."

Overcoming her doubts, the girl managed to climb down from her window and walk a few steps closer. Ther was no ordinary cat and no ordinary day, and though she felt unsure, her heart did leap a little and she began to follow the marvelous little cat through the grass, slowly at first but with more vigor as they crossed the fields. And eventually, she found herself stepping under the shade of the woods for the first time in a great many years. All the while, the cat frolicked and capered as they wound their way deeper into the wood, and eventually the girl found herself stepping into a ring of trees. The cat, whirling about, her hat in hand, the furry little dancer twirled around the girl laughing and calling while the girl watched, her mouth agape. And then, quick as a flash, the cat brought her top hat down right atop the girl's head, who was very suddenly plunged into darkness.

But only a moment, because all about her, shining in the dark, she saw the glow of hundreds of eyes, feline eyes glimmering in the dark. Suddenly about her lanterns flared to light and the girl saw she was no longer in a wood at all. Here, she saw a grand ballroom, festively decorated and filled to the brim with cats. Big cats, small ones, old cats, young ones, cats of every breed and color, and in the center of the great hall upon a stage stood the girl's feline guide. Only now, she was dressed in very fine robes, and upon her head sat a thin golden crown of wrought golden leaves.

The girl stood in wonder and amazement as the great host of cats bowed to their princess and then, in turn, bowed to her. "The world of men is heavy and hard," the princessly cat proclaimed. "But here, across the veil, we move with lighter step. Dance with us, child, and forget your troubles for a spell."

All at once, scores of cats closed in around the girl, purring and turning about her legs as thick as the sea. And as they moved, so too did the girl's feet. She swirled amongst them like a cork on the water, and before she knew it, the girl was dancing -- dancing and dancing as she never imagined she could. And her breath, much to her surprise, was hearty and hale. She found she no longer felt ill in the least.

Hours passed, and she and all the cats danced without end, and the princess of cats more than all of them. After a long while, the girl suddenly remembered her mother, and immediately feared she would worry. She stopped in the middle of the great hall and called out to the princess of cats, "Forgive me, Lady Cat, but I can no longer stay. My mother will worry. I have to return."

All the cats parted before her and the princess approached the girl. "Are you sure, girl? You could stay and dance with us for as long as you wish, forever and ever and ever."

"I cannot," the girl replied. "My mother has only me and I would not leave her alone. Forgive me."

The princess of cats looked on the girl with a sympathetic eye. "Not at all, young one. Fear not a whit. You do your mother credit." And with that, the princess of cats stepped closer. "Do not look so crestfallen. Take our cat's grace with you. You can always dance if the will is there." And from behind her back, she brought out her top hat again and pulled it over the girl's eyes and once again, all was dark.

Sometime later, the girl stirred and her eyes fluttered open. She looked about and discovered she had been asleep in the wood and the sun now dappled her face through the trees. Next, she noticed a threadbare patched top hat lying in the soft grass beside her. She gingerly picked it up and stood within the same circle of trees. As she did so, she took a deep breath and smelled the earth and the forest, and as she did, she realized her breath was strong, and her legs hardy.

"Danke," she said, as she looked down at the hat in her hands. And placing it upon her head, she smiled, kicked up her heels, and quietly started to dance her way all the way back home.

The End.

Delilah passed the book over and kissed Gina on the head before going on her way with a smile to the girl, assuring her that it would go well.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    That was such a nice story. Oh and Eris will be using Minor Illusion.

Eris started reading aloud the book for the three of them- and while she wasn't much of an entertainer, she could still use her illusions to show Gina the characters- the cat with the top hat, the girl that looked like Gina herself both with her normal clothes and the princess outfit.

Actually that was it, she wasn't very good with illusions in general. But she had a lot of enthusiasm because she liked the story.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

At the end, Gina was smiling. "The girl did not stay broken," she said simply at the end.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Eris smiled and patted Gina's head gently.
    "Nope. She got better and could do what she always wanted" she looked pleased although she couldn't help but wonder if the kid said that for herself, too.
    "Is there anything you want to do? Oh, do you like dogs?" she hadn't yet summoned Petra back.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Gina cried for a bit. "A dog?" She asked.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Eris tried holding Gina close as she cried, unsure of the exact reason.
    "Yup. You haven't had the chance to met her yet- give me some minutes" she raised her arms as she started casting, rainbow lights coming to her call and gestures to attract the spirit back to them.
    "She's called... Petra"

Show
    Find Steed, of course.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The dog, love incarnate, started licking Gina's hands and face. At first the little girl pushed the dog away, then laughed and hugged the pupper close.
    "I like dogs."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh" Eris smiled seeing the two of them.

I knew I could count on you to make her laugh.

She joined in to give Petra belly rubs.
    "Would you like to go play together? Petra understands everything we say" at least in Common.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Gina nodded. "What can she play?"
    Can we play fetch? Or catch the tail? Or lick?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"Petra says that she'd like to play fetch, catch the tail or lick" Eris explained and offered Gina help getting ready to get outside, then held out her hand to lead her out. Not near the dragons or Aklah though, she would like to not scare the kid.
    "We can find a small twig or rock easy enough to throw"

To be honest she wasn't sure the dragons were scary. Probably yes just because they look fearsome.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Gina found a stick and started playing fetch with Petra.

"I'm glad she can still have a childhood," Leff muttered to Eris when Gina had some distance from them.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Me too" Eris took Leff's hand "And you know that if it hadn't been for you she wouldn't have recovered, right? You gave her childhood back" she kissed her cheek.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Leff took a breath. "I still sometimes wonder if it was wrong to wait until after you took a look into her mind... even those few agonizing minutes."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"Agonizing? I don't rec... Mh" Eris nodded remembering that the memories had been wiped out "I see what you mean. But we needed it to save a lot more people. You know I despise prioritizing the many over the few- but we hadn't got a better way. Still... The fact that you still think about it shows that you care- and looking at her now we can be happy that she came out well nonetheless"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Petra came back with the stick and tackled Gina, licking the laughing child again and again. She is happy, Petra told Eris.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Nobody resists your charm Eris replied with no small degree of pride.
    "And you didn't even want a dog" she whispered to Leff.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh gods," Leff said, figuring she'd be hearing that for the rest of her life. "Not that I'm opposed, but why are we watching Gina?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Mh? I left that out of the explanation?" Eris couldn't remember if she even gave an explanation in the first place "I pretty much set Delilah and Mávro up for a date. While you were resting I discovered that Mávro's... Lonely, to put it more simply. And I ship them" 'shipping' was a dialect from Luskan that Eris picked up listening to merchants in Baldur's Gate, clearly "So I talked with Delilah and gave her a push in the right direction. At least I hope it's the right one. If they come back angry at each other it'll be all my fault"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

“They’re adults, if doesn’t work it out they’ll handle it,”
    Leff said confidently.
    “Besides, if all goes well Mávro might stop trancing at our door every night.”
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-08-13 at 09:59 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"Right. That is actually a good point. Although we've already scarred her ravens for life anyway- good thing Hatök onl- nevermind. Love you" Eris kissed her cheek.
    "Though I wouldn't be surprised if she still raised up in the morning to greet us when we wake up"