New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 8

Alown was all over his face momentarily. "Sirthis! Sirthis! Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin is happy to see you!"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

"Happy to see you too" Sirthis said with a giggle "Guess what? Today I've been invited to a banquet on Toril- so lots of food and happy faces and partying. Think you want to come? It'll be during the day. Oh, uhm, continued daylight, not like here" he felt the need to specify that. Alown was, after all, a nocturnal animal in the Feywild where it mattered little.

And the Unseelie often caused enough of a ruckus that she should be used to it.

Meanwhile he went to get Briar out of her stabling- she was coming too of course.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Sirthis is the kind of person to whom you should never say "I throw a party, invite whoever you want" because he'll bring an army.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Leff didn't say invite whoever you want but okay

"Ooh! Yes, yes! Alown will party! What is party!?" Alown tucked herself inside Sirthis's cape.
    I shall gallop across the heavens to bring you safely to your party.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

"A party in this case means festivities. Celebrations. Food, music and laughs" Sirthis explained to both of them, getting on Briar to ride to the Grove.

If it isn't to your liking I'll understand if you don't want to come Sirthis told Briar. He had never seen the pegasus in such a context.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Will there be apples? Briar asked as they arrived at the grove.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

I'll make sure there are those were tipically common everywhere.

Sirthis got down, telling them to wait as took ten minutes to renew the Grove.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Alown waited by playing in Briar’s mane until Sirthis was done.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

When he was done Sirthis put a hand on Briar's neck, holding his Feywild rod in the other- Sirthis took half a minute to actually study it, since he had time.

Then he Plane Shifted the three of them to Baldur's Gate, telling Alown to hold on.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-08 at 03:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

The woman he did not know was Dahlia raised an eyebrow at him. "Weren’t you here two days ago?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

"Two days ago? Oh! Yes, I came here to help the Lelahinns during the attack" Sirthis nodded and smiled "They invited me to the banquet. It's today right? Oh uhm, the tiefling and genasi that live in the mansion outside Baldur's Gate"

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

"I know them," Dahlia said. "Just you and... the animals?"
    I am no animal. I am a majestic creature that flies right over her head.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

"Briar can understand what you say" Sirthis said nodding at the pegasus "She's insulted for having been called an animal, for obvious reasons. And... I was hoping to invite my wife and my other branch of the family" he told the complete stranger "My family's four people- normal, native of this plane. My wife though told me she'd come if a seat was made specifically for her station- she's one of the Feywild queens. So... A fairy queen, basically" Mab was never going to know he called her that "I understand fully if it can't be arranged, of course- it's late notice and all. I could offer help in the preparations though- beyond being an accomplished and eclectic spellcaster I'm an expert singer, dancer and actor, and am confident that I can provide enterteiment for anybody. In addition to manual labor"

No, Sirthis had absolutely no idea if the first person he met was someone who'd care about all that.
    "Oh uhm she can't have anything to do with politics of this plane so her coming here doesn't mean anything of the like. Not sure wether it matters"

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Dahlia stared at him for a few seconds. "You're not joking," she realized. "Alright, sir, there is a way you can help. I need you to go to the temple of Sune we have upriver. Stop when you see the multicolored rocks. We need one of them to act as the Faerie Queen's personal waiter for the meal. Is it Mab or Titania who is married to you? Stupid question, it's Mab. You're a half-elf. I'm going to go speak with Gertrude Three-Irons, the party planner, about this. Come meet me after your visit to the Sune temple."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis blinked, surprised.
    "These are so many informations all together. Oh and yeah, it's Mab- Titania's been married to Oberon for the longest time" he nodded, getting on Briar, then looked about to head off to Sune's temple (why the hell didn't he know there was one near Baldur's Gate he would've been there so many times) before turning again to Dahlia "Name's Sirthis, don't use onorifics with me again, please. Also just to be clear the personal waiter is one of the rocks or a cleric?"

Sirthis delivered that last question with complete seriousness. And he was completely serious.
    "You get used to a lot of weird stuff in the Feywild" he offered as an explanation.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

"Cleric." And she left without waiting for his explanation.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Her rudeness is only matched by her preparedness, it looks like Sirthis told Briar as he had her trot out of the building before taking off to the sky, identifying the river before following it upstream.
    "Watch for multicolored rocks" he told to his companions.

Show
    Now that I think about it is Chocolate out?

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I don't know. Is Chocolate out?

They went along the river up seeing many rocks, but it wasn't until about a mile up that Sirthis spotted bright red rocks and a grove of sunflowers making a yellow pathway into a studded building emanating music from within.

It MIGHT not have been Sune's temple.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Yes. I wasn't sure because Dahlia said animals and I wasn't clear on wether she included the dragon in them.

Sirthis whistled "The rocks aren't multicolored but I wanna go there regardless" he said, leading Briar down in front of the temple. He got off to knock on the door.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

The door was opened by a dark-skinned, muscular human woman with blond poofy hair.
    "Hello, traveler! How may the clergy of Sune assist... oh, you must be Sirthis!"
    At his name, several other people from the back stepped forward, including the man playing a set of drums as an elven woman sang.
    "Sirthis? Is that really you?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis glanced at all of them, a bit confused.
    "...I'm going to go ahead and guess it's not a bad thing if the clergy of the goddess I follow knows my name" he decided "Yes, I'm Sirthis Elvaninn, at your service. I've been told to come here because they need one if you to act as personal waiter for Mab" Sirthis figured that if he was famous they didn't need specification on which Mab she was.

Unless he was infamous, in which case he had at least five escape plans.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-08 at 04:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

amused Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 8

"Oh, I'd love to!" The human woman in front of him said, craning her neck to blatantly look down Sirthis's robe. "I'm Raisa. Are we in a hurry, or... would you like to come in?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

"It looked like it" Sirthis said "How about I set my Word of Recall to take us back here so if we end up having time we skip the traveling back and forth?" he proposed to Raisa, giving her an equally blatant look. Though Sirthis was looking up, not down.
    "If I had known this church existed I'd have come much sooner"

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good. Vel, Jax, you want to come? They could use some music!" The singer, who introduced herself as Velatha, and the drummer, who did not expand upon his nickname of Jax, considered.
    "I'd love to!" the wood elf said, stepping up to Sirthis. "So. We try not to learn too much about Sune's followers abroad, privacy is a thing. But... well, when you marry the Queen of Air and Darkness it attracts attention." She looped an arm in his. "Walk with me?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

"Gimme a second" Sirthis slinked inside the temple just enough to "Ditto"

Show
    Using Word of Recall to set it as a sanctuary. Seems fair to assume this place is connected to Sune.

That done, he went back to the elf.
    "Ready. Briar can't take us all or I'd offer you a passage" he explained, gesturing at the pegasus before starting the walk back.

Feel free to fly along if walking's boring, Briar.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Briar flew along while Chocolate sat himself down on Raisa's shoulders.
    "Oh, isn't he the cutest thing!" Raisa said, petting his head and kissing him. "Where did you find him?"

"So, how did you persuade Mab to marry you? Can you show us?" Vel asked.

Jax didn't speak.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

"Chocolate's a gift from Mab- he appeared after I casted a spell and we've been inseparable ever since. Though unlike normal I-sit-on-it-all-day dragons Chocolate loves to eat gold" Sirthis explained to Raisa first "He's sweet, so I called him that. And likes to play pranks- we once threw him down the Raven Queen's dress. Turns out she reacts terribly to surprises he laughed.

Then he replied to Vel "I provoked her until she was forced to decide wether I was too cute or too impudent. Cuteness won. Then I unhearted a plot against her, saved her life and brought peace between her and her sister" Sirthis glossed over the parts that were his fault "There's a few more things I did and I'll be happy to show you all of them when we are back at the temple" he winked.

Glancing at Jax he added "I'd like to avoid misunderstandings so... Doesn't Jax want to speak or is it that he cannot?" Sirthis asked the others, figuring asking him directly wasn't useful.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-08 at 06:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, you’re a trickster, are you? And you almost had me buying your cute little disguise," Raisa said, still petting and kissing the tiny dragon.

"Oh, you must be so brave, I can’t wait," Vel added.

Jax opened his mouth and stuck out half a tongue for Sirthis to see. The others were pretty sure he didn’t need more explanation.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis stared at the half tongue making mental calculations.
    "Mmm... Since Mab can bring me back home I don't believe I'll need to keep more then one Plane Shift or Teleport in reserve. Want me to heal your tongue?" he asked Jax "For free, of course"

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

The two women gasped. "You can do that?" Vel asked.
    Jax just nodded.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

"I left a couple bits out" Sirthis said and lifted a finger which he placed on Jax's stub of a tongue without hesitation, raising the druidic bell in the air "Mab first approached me because I'm a druid" and lowered his arm, ringing the bells to call upon the benign spirits in the area to mend and regrow the musician's tongue- green, ephemeral tiny builder wasps started floating around him, building his tongue.

"Give it a couple minutes"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-08 at 06:47 PM.