New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 8

There was a note, informing Eris that Leff was, in fact, in the basement.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kfowoap!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Eris got into a weird race with her tail on who got to it first.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Kfowoap~

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

The next morning, Eris was awoken by a knock on the basement door from Mávro. "Elakian is here," she called down.

Sirthis, meanwhile, was awoken by his wife when it was time to feed their daughter.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

"Coming!" Eris called back. She gathered her e- she first untied Leff from how she left her last night, then gathered her equipment.

And got changed, because the clothes she was wearing weren't made for adventuring.

Once they were ready, Eris opened the door to leave the basement.

"Uff... She just had to take your thirst" Sirthis giggled and shifted, sitting up still covered in the bedsheets. He cleared his throat.
    "I think I need a morning kiss though"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

All the people who were planning on coming were at the dining table to breakfast. Elakian was speaking in Draconic to a bronze dragonborn who Eris gathered was probably Trinuma. Slung over Elakian's shoulder was a large wineskin he hadn't had the previous day.

"Clephesia, give Lala his morning kiss." Mab lifted Clephesia up so that her lips tapped against Sirthis's.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

"Good morning- great, we are all here" Eris stated, waving "After breakfast I figured we should get Aklah -the wyvern- and head there by Wind Walk. Even if one of you was capable of teleporting we'd risk going off target and Wind Walk should be lighter on your magic reserves. I think it'd be wise to enchant ourselves with Water Breathing too- the temple's far from the water, yes, but it's still an island" she proposed.

"Not what I meant" Sirthis said but still stroked Clephesia's head gently reaching out from under the bedsheets, smiling. He started singing shortly after.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Performance! (1d20+13)[29]

He got his morning kiss (sort of) so Lucky! (1d20+13)[19]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"If you can cast Water Breathing on us all," Elakian nodded. Leff sat at the table and took out her spellbook, beginning to chant.
    Ishat flew over and perched on Eris's shoulder.
    "I get to come this time, right Mother?"

After completing his morning routine, the time to head over to Titania was approaching.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm..." Eris frowned "You must promise to stay well away from where the fighting happens- especially when Zarus shows up. His flames would burn you too, I think"

Sirthis was dressed sharply for the occasion with a major change- he was attuned to Titania's Pendant of Thought. The gemstone was in a small closed box with a flip lid, encased in a small pillow of red silk. And was safely stashed away in the Bag of Holding (from where the money had been taken out, he wasn't still carrying his hoard with him).

After bidding goodbye to nymphs, children and a bat Sirthis got on Briar and... Asked Ha Des where was the actual location. Mainly to know if he could get there at leisure on Briar.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Ishat saluted and they gave Eris's head a hug.
    "Water breathing's done. Let's head outside for Wind Walk."

Spoiler: Ha Des
    Show
    Why, at the City of Starlight, naturally.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's" Eris led the way, affectionately stroking Ishat's cheek. And smiled at Mávro on the way.
    "Stacia told me your date went well"

"Let us go, Briar!" Sirthis commanded, steering the pegasus in the direction of the City of Starlight, Chocolate in charge of spreading his wings too like the majestic dragon he was on arrival.

With Sirthis' hand ready to grab him on case the wind currents risked to blow the 8 inches of dragon might away.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro blushed. "Nothing's finalized. But yes."
    They arrived outside and Leff had them surround her while she chanted out another spell.
    "I see you have progressed since we've met," Marû said, impressed.

Chocolate took his face out of Sirthis's coin purse to wait on his shoulder for the required time. Sirthis lowered into a palace of splendor.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    The physical appearance of the Seelie Court mirrors nature, to which the fey are intrinsically linked. White ash trees, strong and stately, with their branches intertwining to create a living ceiling, line the throne hall like marble columns. Gossamer streamers of iridescent blues, pinks and purples wind their way through the boughs. Phosphorescent flowers gleam like lanterns amidst the treetops. Semi-precious jewels of amethysts, tiger's eyes and topaz decorate flowers that float down the waterways lining the path to the throne. Statues carved of gold and adorned with gems further attest to the wealth and beauty of the current ruler, as each queen must display more splendor than the previous one or risk the gossip and scorn of her subjects. The throne itself, and queen who sits on it, are the focal points of the room. The throne of the Seelie Court is a large, pale gold, as brilliantly cold and glittery as the fey nobility.

Seated on the throne was Titania, her beauty unrestrained, with Oberon standing behind her with an expression devoid of emotion. Briar touched down into a bow while Chocolate spread his wings to look like an awesome tiny dragon.

"Consort Elvannin. Welcome."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"We've gotten busy, yes" Eris smiled proudly looking at Leff "With Trinuma's help and our current strenght I hope we'll be able to take care of a danger we've left unattended for far too long" she was referring to Takadox, though Marû probably couldn't know.

Sirthis climbed off of Briar, telepathically praising both of his followers for their entrance as he bowed deeply.
    "Thank you, Queen Titania. I must say, any expectation I had has been blown. The City of Starlight well exceeded them- as did your beauty" that was all true, since this was also the first time he saw Titania in full bloom.
    "And I hope my gift will exceed yours" he waited for permission to stand. To be honest, he wasn't sure he needed to bow so much, but it couldn't hurt.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Then they became smoke, and couldn't talk anymore.

Titania extended her hand into Sirthis's, waiting for him to kiss her ring.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Eris made sure everybody followed as she led them to the Isle- especially Aklah, who could have been the most confused by it although she already traveled through Wind Walk.

Sirthis complied, bringing Titania's hand to his lips to kiss the ring. He then let go and stood, taking the gift box out of his Bag and offering it to Titania for her to open at her own leisure.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah's smoke was protectively circling around Leff's for the entire trip, until they touched down on the cliffside.
    The temple was rubble, and also most of the trees were gone. In a possibly related event, there was a rampaging Tarrasque in the distance destroying and eating all in its path.

"Oh, aren't you a polite fellow." Titania took the box and shook it with a childish expression, listening to the rattling. She opened it up and gasped. "Look, darling!" she held up the glowing gem. Oberon smiled with tight lips. "Well, aren't you the sweetest. So... what brings you here?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Eris reformed back into tiefling- she wasn't unimpressed.
    "...so... It may be bigger then Zarus, but we still can't let it reach the mainland" she declared.
    "And I don't think we can just stab it. I've already tried and almost got swallowed"

Sirthis had to admit, Titania receiving a gift looked much cuter then he expected.
    "I'm carrying a request for a meeting. Gloriana wishes to meet you and Mab to discuss an issue" he broke the news "If I may, the reason for it is better left only to the three of us, at least for now. Do you mind if I check that we are not being scried on?" he wasn't sure anybody who shouldn't was listening.
    "It has nothing to do with her city coming back to the sky, if you're worried about that"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone else reformed slowly, but Elakian's smoke cloud must have gone somewhere else, because he didn't show up at the cliff.
    "Maybe we could... where is Elakian?"

"That will not be necessary." Titania waved aside the request to check on invisible things. "When would this meeting be?" she asked without agreeing to a thing.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

"Could he have run off towards the Tarrasque?" Eris asked "Let's reform and get closer- but not too close. We don't want it turning on us"

"As soon as possible. I'm going to double check with Gloriana as soon as I know you're willing to" Sirthis said "It's really urgent. A danger's coming- one that threatens to wipe out Feywild, Toril and whatever else. Instead of deciding a date before knowing if you'd agree I thought it best to seek your permission" he explained.
    "I can disclose the name of the danger, if you wish. I can assure you, I wouldn't have disturbed you with matters regarding Gloriana if I didn't think it was worth your time" Ha Des did inform him of how Titania had forbidden him contacts with the Raven Queen.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"Reform as in... become smoke?" Leff confirmed.

Titania looked down at the gem, then leaned forward. "One week's time. Right here, in this room. Understood?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, yes. Wrong verb but I meant that" She started to do so.

"Yes. I'll tell Mab and Gloriana as soon as I'm on my way. And... Thank you for accepting" Sirthis nodded, serious.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Leff nodded and joined her.
    With his two minute head start, Elakian was already standing in front of the Tarrasque when Eris and the rest flew nearby. He was emptying his giant wineskin into the mouths of four pelicans. "Fly my pretties! Fly!" He ordered them as the Tarrasque tossed a house aside in order to get at the crunchable family of terrified humans underneath. The four pelicans flew up to the Tarrasque's face and, turning away from the fleeing family, the Tarrasque bit down on them. The pelicans disappeared and the Tarrasque looked disappointed, then kicked another hut in, collapsing it on top of a child who had fled there for safety. He screamed, and the Tarrasque opened its jaws to eat him... and stopped. The Tarrasque looked confused for a moment, then settled down, lying down on the ground before going to sleep, snoring packed air directly into the pinned child's face.

"Will you be joining us for dinner?" Titania asked in a tone that suggested that the correct answer was no.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Eris touched down, turning back into tiefling form within a minute.
    She hurried to go help the child pinned by the rubble, roping Aklah into pushing it off.
    "It won't wake up, right?" she asked Elakian trying to keep her voice low.

Sirthis realized after a moment that it was the opposite of what Oberon did.
    "I'm afraid that Mab needs me- and I'd like to relay your reply as soon as possible. Thank you again for your time- and goodbye" Sirthis bowed again, before turning to get back on Briar and take off.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-29 at 06:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

The child screamed when Aklah pulled him out of the debris and he tried to run away on a broken leg. "Come here," Leff said, and righted the kid's leg with white fire. He screamed and ran away with a fixed leg.
    Elakian laid a hand on the Tarrasue's nose. "I will need to remain here, to feed it." Eris recognized the smell surrounding Elakian as goodberry.

Nothing stopped Sirthis as he flew away, having successfully averted offending the Seelie more than his presence did.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"If there's anything we can do to help you please, tell us. Meanwhile, we must check the rubble for survivors in need of help. None of us is a human so we'll likely won't be thanked, but we must" Eris nodded towards the temple "My bet would be that Zarus got swallowed, but let's check on the temple too to be safe"

When he was out of potential danger, he Sent.
    Spoiler: Gloriana
    Show
    Titania says at Astrazalion, in her throne room, in a week. It didn't look up to debate. She and Oberon were also rojally pissed.

Pun intended.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-29 at 06:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"Be on your way," Elakian said, staring at the Tarrasque with something like reverence.
    "I will handle the village. Get you to the temple," Marû said, nodding up to the temple. Sixteen tescue dogs appeared all around Marû.

Spoiler: Tanaquill
    Show
    Thank you for managing that. I will be there. Will Mab be joining us, or shall I speak to her separately?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Eris was starting to feel a bit creeped out by Elakian.
    "Very well" if Wind Walk was still active they would fly there that way, otherwise Eris got on Aklah and led those that didn't worry about the village to the temple.
    She also pulled out two of the potions that she had bought from Polly so much time before- more precisely the Radiant Resistance ones. One was for Aklah and one was for Trinuma, though.
    Reason being that Trinuma was currently their hardest hitter and Aklah was less tough then Eris herself. Mávro, Leff and Ishat could keep their distance.
    Actually, Mávro got a Fire Resistance one.

Spoiler: To Tanaquill (although Sirthis still calls her Gloriana 'cause he wasn't told yet)
    Show
    I said that you'll meet both and she didn't correct me, so it should be all three of us. Well, five with Consorts.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-29 at 07:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

The temple was in shambles, and under the first layer Eris located the three surviving paladins... well, they were surviving paladins. Smashed under the rocks, only one looked alive. The one with golden fire. He coughed up blood as he saw them. "Is this the curse you bring upon us? That creature? Is this destruction your doing?"

Spoiler: Tanaquill
    Show
    Thank you, Sirthis.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"No" Eris stated "That creature is as much an enemy to us then it is to you- I follow a different goddess then you but that thing is an enemy to all life, indiscriminately. Luckily, one of our companions knew how to make it sleep while another is helping your people. Now" she narrowed her eyes at him "Where's Zarus? And can we remove the rocks without you attacking on sight?"

Spoiler: To Tanaquill
    Show
    Nothing, dear mother-in-law.

He could tell Mab the news when he got back.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

The priest stared at her and lifted his sacrificial dagger into his own throat, cutting off his life.
    "No!" Leff tried to get to him as the blood pooled. "Damn."]
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Eris scowled.
    "To have killed himself like that... He must have known something. I could try interrogating their corpses, but it'd be better if you could bring him back to life before a minute runs out" she looked pensive as she pulled out a rope to tie the corpse up in case Leff could bring him back "Hey... Those ruins in the Feywild. Didn't those show the woman being laid on the altar? You think he could've headed there?"