New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default need advices on cleric that will be a mayor (3.5)

Hi,

I want to play a character that will try to be the mayor of his town.

I hesitate a lot between bard and cleric but I came to the conclusion that I should play a cleric since all the spells I like except from glibness are from cleric.

I saw online the cantor (dmg 175) is a bard with cleric spells but I don't find it in dmg 175. I find a pathfinder prestige class but we play 3.5

I also see maybe divine bard with prestige bard but I'm not sure it'll give me glibness and cleric spells.

His main strenght will be bluff and intimidation.

At the moment, I'm a cleric and access glibness via domain.

Do you have suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: need advices on cleric that will be a mayor (3.5)

The cantor you're looking for is on DMG p 175 in the second paragraph before it goes into the witch spell list. Essentially a cantor is a divine bard, which you'll find in UA. If you have glibness via domain, I'd say you're good to go, otherwise grab an eternal wand when you can afford it and you'll be good to go on that front.

I honestly think any class can be a mayor, depending on the kind of town it is. You also might want to consider cloistered cleric for the higher skill points. If you have any trouble with cross class skills, a dip into the human paragon will let you choose a few to always be class skills, while giving 2/3 spellcasting improvement, a bonus feat and a +2 ability boost as well.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zhepna View Post
    I hesitate a lot between bard and cleric but I came to the conclusion that I should play a cleric since all the spells I like except from glibness are from cleric.

Do you have suggestions?
    Dunno what other spells are important beside from Glibness, but have a look at the Urban Druid . Has Glibness on the spell list and some urban related abilities. Some can be fluffed to fit a mayor imho.

edit: depending on the lvl and the circumstances a Chameleon could fit the situation too. He will get access to all spells up to 6th lvl and can be a flexible mayor who aids where he can (arcane, divine and battlefield). Could be fitting for a small town mayor who needs to do more than just politics.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clerics are the ideal leaders of society. They get all the spells that matter.

Cure Minor Wounds - stops bleeding. Makes childbirth safe again.
    Detect Alignment - tells you who is worth trusting.
    Zone of Truth - replaces courts, lawyers, and police forces.
    Remove Disease - stops plagues.
    Plant Growth - the same effect as modern fertilizer. Transforms an agrarian society into a wealthy society.

Against this, Glibness is merely a trick that people will eventually see through.