New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Legion of Doom IC

The child moves ahead of the group. Just because he was a bad guy didn't mean he needed to be a bad guy. "Alright everyone! May I please have your attention? First of all which of you have the key? If you'd be so kind to give it to uh.." he paused looking around at the group, before pointing to Gazze. "Please give him the key."

Spoiler
    Show

Mechanics - Swift action - Guy in Armor - hypnotic Stare -3 to saves 50% to ignore mental immunity, -3 to attack rolls -3 to sense motive, Diplomacy and intimidate DCs.

Standard action to use Fascinate (Cause I can) DC25 will save for all three of them.

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Unsure how to play this, Gazze decides to take his lead from the kobold trying to entrance the guards. He is unsure how successful the little trickster will be, so he decides to play as if he is under some form of mind control to help supplement Paranosmia's opening gambit. He changes his demeanor so that his eyes glaze over and his expression becomes blank. Speaking in a deliberate, but subtly off tone, he says, "Yes, please hand me the key, I need it to . . ." Gazze trails off, appearing to be in some sort of daze.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so applying the proper penalty with my Eagle's Splendor to help mitigate it: Bluff check (1d20+13)[18]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2021-02-08 at 08:36 AM.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

The ghostly king drew himself up to his full height and brought up the full force of his imperious voice to bear.
    "The keys, you wretches! NOW!"

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate: (1d20+36)[50]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

The kobold disguised as a human child sighed slightly. He had no doubt the others in the group could just rip open whatever lockers or restraints there was on the armor and weaponry. But well, at least they weren't killing the humans... yet.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    The ghostly king drew himself up to his full height and brought up the full force of his imperious voice to bear.
    "The keys, you wretches! NOW!"

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate: [roll0]
    Your demand seems to be the straw that broke the camels back between all the disconcerting sights and actions of the others.

"w-wedonthavekeys!" says the man out front in blind panic, suddenly also unable to tear his eyes away from the kobold like the other two. Unable to see his own footing he falls backwords, gaze struggling to leave Paronomasia for a few moments as he scuttles backwards.

The other two by the armour fare little better. The hurt one remains unspeking but the woman is just muttering "...We can leave. We can leave. We can leave. we...".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Seeing the guards transfixed, Gazze drops his act. "They may have use beyond the keys. The goal is escape, whether using the keys or not, and they may have knowledge of this place that we can use."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

"Quite correct—we all want to leave. Tell us how, guardsmen, and do not play us false.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+43)[57]
    Sense Motive if one is needed for their response: (1d20+19)[37]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Paranomasia shrugs, dropping his effect as he takes a step back after that. It was going to be hard for the kobold to get something in edge wise at this point. Instead he started looking at the gear and weapons to see if anything fit him.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Umbra studies the humans with interest. Their terror is palpable, but not due entirely to him, so it loses a little of its flavour. He leaves the others to go and intimidate these pathetic people, and instead goes to examine the equipment that is around the room. With a momentary focus, he examines it for signs of psionic auras, indicating they may be items of power.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Umbra will use Detect Magic. Do we have magic/psionic transparency in this game, or are they separate?

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Paranomasia shrugs, dropping his effect as he takes a step back after that. It was going to be hard for the kobold to get something in edge wise at this point. Instead he started looking at the gear and weapons to see if anything fit him.
    Spoiler: To those who loot:
    Show

So you can be considered to find any one handed martial melee weapon with a +1 enchantment bonus, +1 crossbows with bolts, and +1 breastplates, chainmail, and heavy steel shields. Consider them available in small and medium sizes and in arbitrarily large numbers within reason.

Spoiler: If you go into the cabinets
    Show

You find (1d6)[5] neatly stacked scrolls and (1d4)[1] vials in a rack.

There is also a pillar holding (2d4+2)[7] unmarked coloured metal rings.

Finally, tucked in the back is a small sack whose contents can be seen through the fabric, various smooth rods. Beside it a a half-full wine bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Umbra studies the humans with interest. Their terror is palpable, but not due entirely to him, so it loses a little of its flavour. He leaves the others to go and intimidate these pathetic people, and instead goes to examine the equipment that is around the room. With a momentary focus, he examines it for signs of psionic auras, indicating they may be items of power.

Show
    Umbra will use Detect Magic. Do we have magic/psionic transparency in this game, or are they separate?
    Show
    Psionic and magic are treated equivalently , so your detect psionics works on magic too, yes.

Magic Auras are present. Also can you refer me to anywhere it says how far the power penetrates through objects so I can take furniture into account.

"Quite correct—we all want to leave. Tell us how, guardsmen, and do not play us false.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d6)[5]
    Sense Motive if one is needed for their response: (1d4)[1]
    "...we ca-huh? No no" The woman responds, knocked out of her loop "You don't leave. Please?" she begs "uh wewontgetintheway. Keep going then. Let me get him a potion" She adds at the end referring towards her injured companion.

The other man meanwhile has began scurrying backwards, rolled over mid way, and began crawling for the door.

In the back your skeletal rescuer watches the proceedings.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Watching the guard head towards the door, Gazze lefts his hand as a vertical plane composed of granite springs from the ground, blocking the doorway.
    "Now, now, we can't have you running for back up. Be glad we are in a generous mood and don't simply kill you for such insolence, and that's one of the more pleasant options. How'd you like to be merged with the floor here for the rest of your life? I can make that happen. Or, you know, I'm sure our kyton friend here can think of something even more inventive."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Uses SLA to cast Wall of Stone to block the doorway the guard is trying to flee towards. It'll be interesting to see how the others respond to me just abandoning my character, though I guess I still look like a fuard

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Umbra sighs at the sight of the man trying to escape. If he had just stayed still, he might have lived. But he couldn't be allowed to raise the alarm. He had made his own decision as to his fate. So Umbra walks over and with a flick, his claws come out. He doesn't bother to eviscerate the man, or to call upon his fear powers to kill him. He simply reaches out one claw and touches the man with one claw tip.

Show
    For the Detect Psionics power, the rules say the following: The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

As for this round's actions, I will be using the Devastating Touch power to inflict (1d6+12)[15] points of damage.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Paranomasia blehs, looking over the selection of items that could be chosen from, deciding to pick out a crossbow and a handful of bolts. He wasn't really the kind of kobold that used many weapons. Especially not these kind that were far harder to use than something more simple and light.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Gazze sighs, "Such a waste, he might have had a longer life span had he simply cooperated. While I was willing to give him an opportunity to prove himself useful, I am not the only one here seeking escape. As you can see, some of my compatriots may be less . . . amenable to more willful behavior. Now, I suggest you offer any information you may have on how to escape, such as where the exits are, how to reach them, what barriers and guards stand in the way, any means of bypassing them, and if there is anything else we need concern ourselves after we exit the facility. We all have business we need to attend, especially for the sake of our most recent benefactor."

As he speaks, Gazze uses his magic to see the auras of the weapons as well as determine their physical composition, looking for something suitable for one of his station, preferably a Falchion, to better help carve through any obstacles he may encounter in the rest of the prison.

Spoiler: Scanning Weapons
    Show
    Using Detect Magic to try to determine magical properties. As our fellow Suzerain creature lets us add his Charisma mod to skill rolls, I get a +15 on my checks, so I will roll Spellcraft and either Knowledge (Engineering) or Appraise, whichever is more relevant to determine if there are any adamantine weapons around. Otherwise, not super worth my time, as I have decent enough natural weapons to get by. All three have the same modifiers, so I'll make a Spellcraft roll and then a second roll, which can be for either of the other two skills, whichever is more relevant.

Spellcraft
    (1d20+28)[46]

Appraise or Knowledge (Engineering)
    (1d20+28)[33]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2021-02-21 at 06:22 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have no more time to waste. Tell us what we need to know, lest I bestir myself to wrest it from your minds."
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2021-02-25 at 01:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Watching the guard head towards the door, Gazze lefts his hand as a vertical plane composed of granite springs from the ground, blocking the doorway.
    "Now, now, we can't have you running for back up. Be glad we are in a generous mood and don't simply kill you for such insolence, and that's one of the more pleasant options. How'd you like to be merged with the floor here for the rest of your life? I can make that happen. Or, you know, I'm sure our kyton friend here can think of something even more inventive."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Uses SLA to cast Wall of Stone to block the doorway the guard is trying to flee towards. It'll be interesting to see how the others respond to me just abandoning my character, though I guess I still look like a fuard
    Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Umbra sighs at the sight of the man trying to escape. If he had just stayed still, he might have lived. But he couldn't be allowed to raise the alarm. He had made his own decision as to his fate. So Umbra walks over and with a flick, his claws come out. He doesn't bother to eviscerate the man, or to call upon his fear powers to kill him. He simply reaches out one claw and touches the man with one claw tip.

Show
    For the Detect Psionics power, the rules say the following: The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

As for this round's actions, I will be using the Devastating Touch power to inflict [roll0] points of damage.
    The man screams and shakes in his seizure before falling still. It is good half-minute later until he groans and opens his eyes with a start.

Gazze sighs, "Such a waste, he might have had a longer life span had he simply cooperated. While I was willing to give him an opportunity to prove himself useful, I am not the only one here seeking escape. As you can see, some of my compatriots may be less . . . amenable to more willful behavior. Now, I suggest you offer any information you may have on how to escape, such as where the exits are, how to reach them, what barriers and guards stand in the way, any means of bypassing them, and if there is anything else we need concern ourselves after we exit the facility. We all have business we need to attend, especially for the sake of our most recent benefactor."

As he speaks, Gazze uses his magic to see the auras of the weapons as well as determine their physical composition, looking for something suitable for one of his station, preferably a Falchion, to better help carve through any obstacles he may encounter in the rest of the prison.

Spoiler: Scanning Weapons
    Show
    Using Detect Magic to try to determine magical properties. As our fellow Suzerain creature lets us add his Charisma mod to skill rolls, I get a +15 on my checks, so I will roll Spellcraft and either Knowledge (Engineering) or Appraise, whichever is more relevant to determine if there are any adamantine weapons around. Otherwise, not super worth my time, as I have decent enough natural weapons to get by. All three have the same modifiers, so I'll make a Spellcraft roll and then a second roll, which can be for either of the other two skills, whichever is more relevant.

Spellcraft
    [roll0]

Appraise or Knowledge (Engineering)
    [roll1]
    "I-I uh we don't know!" the woman rushes out "We were down here when things began shaking and things are collapsing and ways got blocked uh-..." She breathes for a moment before speaking slowly "...The way up is that way." she looks to the passage Gazze blocked. "The mai-".

"That too is blocked. Nobody leaves. Except us." interrupts the lich, suddenly much closer and without his prior polite levity for a second "Well, rescue crews would likely find you weeks later. You have water and would eat the dead and wounded or whatever it is you do when you run out of food. But we would be gone".

"Now!" He announces, his old tone returned, "If one of you cannot search in there for a sack of potions? I have already prepared your exit." He gestures towards the cabinet full of magical auras.

Show
    The weapons are steel.

Spoiler: To all those able to detect magic auras:
    Show

Inside the cabinets you detect the following auras:
    On one side is a Faint aura of Conjuration.
    Separated from that is a pile of auras. Faint auras of Transmutation, Conjuration, and Abjuration all visible alongside Moderate auras of necromancy and conjuration.
    Elsewhere inside is a stack of auras: One faint Abjuration , two faint Conjuration, two faint Transmutation, and two faint Divination.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2021-02-25 at 10:12 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Looking at his compatriots, Gazze says,
    "Well, if any of my friends here need to get through the door I blocked, they can just ask, I'll happily pass them through the wall I made. However, part of me thinks it might be best to take one of you guards with us, for the sake of insurance. I'll let you decide which among you deserves to live, depending upon how useful you might be to us."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Wall of Stone is permanent, or rather instantaneous if I am not mistaken. That said, I not only have a burrow speed but can meld with stone, dirt, and metal at will. As for helping others along with me, if the whole stone meld does not allow it in its normal entry, I feel like my Stone Curse could be used to pull a person through it while leaving the wall intact. Normally it lets me bull rush an enemy into stone and they are forcibly merged with it. I believe I could also remove them from it. If not, Gazze can most likely just break it.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

++How valuable are they as hostages, really? Our captors would sacrifice a legion to put us back in our cages. They did in my case.++ As he spoke, the ghostly king searched the indicated cabinet.

Spoiler
    Show

Sending it via Message cantrip.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2021-02-28 at 12:01 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Umbra studies the figure on the floor, then goes to talk to the others. "I am prepared to go through the wall, if you can take me. Better to get away as fast as possible, before guards are alerted. I do not care whether these humans are allowed to live or die, so I am prepared to move along now. As for the potions, just collect them all. I am sure they will all come in handy at some point."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"Well, if you don't want to speak up, I guess we can either leave you walled in here or one of these fine people can offer you a quicker solution to your immanent suffering. Otherwise, I think we will take our leave." With that, Gazze passes into the stone as if it were made of mist, completely unimpeded by it. He fiddles around until he finds a door handle, and proceeds to open the door. After doing so, he returns from the wall. "Those of us still bound to physical form, if you would please take hold of me, I will pull you through, assuming we are done here."
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2021-03-09 at 04:27 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

21. - Top - End - #51

NecromancerGuy

++How valuable are they as hostages, really? Our captors would sacrifice a legion to put us back in our cages. They did in my case.++ As he spoke, the ghostly king searched the indicated cabinet.

Spoiler
    Show

Sending it via Message cantrip.
    Inside the cabinet the top shelf is given a substantial amount of room for a pillar containing a stack of seven coloured metal bands from which the stack of auras came. Beside which are five silver cylinders that are yet recognisable scroll cases despite the passage of time alongside a red potion.

Below this is a bag full of the bulbus objects indicated to you with the faint auras of Transmutation, beside which lies a half empty wine bottle.

Show
    As for helping others along with me, if the whole stone meld does not allow it in its normal entry, I feel like my Stone Curse could be used to pull a person through it while leaving the wall intact. Normally it lets me bull rush an enemy into stone and they are forcibly merged with it. I believe I could also remove them from it. If not, Gazze can most likely just break it.
    Show
    I'll allow it to a maximum of pulling a creature up to 5ft, kind of like the limitation on passing through objects when incorporeal.

"Well, if you don't want to speak up, I guess we can either leave you walled in here or one of these fine people can offer you a quicker solution to your immanent suffering. Otherwise, I think we will take our leave." With that, Gazze passes into the stone as if it were made of mist, completely unimpeded by it. He fiddles around until he finds a door handle, and proceeds to open the door. After doing so, he returns from the wall. "Those of us still bound to physical form, if you would please take hold of me, I will pull you through, assuming we are done here."
    Show
    Moving on through the wall and door for expediency unless someone is interrupting that.

Also everyone make me an initiative roll, I expect it t be needed soon and rolling it now gets the combat up a bit faster.

The following corridor is similar to the ones you've seen, at least until you reach the hole in the ground in front of rubble. It is circular, going up as far as you can see with bright light above, it keeps going down beyond sight too.

"Going up." decrees the lich "Everyone who needs it take one of those potions to levitate".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"Well, moving on up then. Do you want to hitch a ride young kobold, or would you rather rely on the potion?"

Show
    If Paranomasia wants to hitch a ride, he is proportionately the size of a house cat to Gazze, so sitting across his shoulders would not be much of a strain.

Anyway, rolling initiative (1d20+5)[18]

*I am not sure if the Suzerain bonus applies to the Initiative roll, so I excluded it
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2021-03-13 at 04:15 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have no need of such."

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[24] Initiative

Suzerain bonus would apply to Initiative rolls as they are actually defined as a type of Dexterity check IIRC. Whether the Suzerain himself can benefit from it depends on your interpretation of "you count as your own ally, except when that wouldn't make sense".

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Umbra takes one of the potions, being landbound by nature. He swallows it, and starts to rise.

Show
    (1d20+4)[10] Initiative check.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Paranomasia grabs what is laying around if anyone leaves the magic things behind, to make sure the group still had them, and then a crossbow with the bolts. He wasn't that good with them, but it should help. Then taking two gauntlets from a breast plate, he sliped those on over his hands. Looking over to the half dragon, he weighed his options, "Very well, let us ascend then. I'd rather not rely on magic if I could." the kobold accespts the assistance. After all, levitation was limited to up and down movement.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[10] Init

Taking any of the rings, potions, scroll and that bag of rods if no one else picks them up. At the moment he's not too interested in them, or at least is feigning disintrest.

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Deeply sorry for the slow reply. I know it sounds like excuses but whenever I go to post something happened until things slipped my mind for a bit. It's not even like I'm busy until I go to post even.

I'm assuming everyone goes up given a lack of other complaint.

Also Perception checks please.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Guards 1:
    (1d20+10)[15]
    Guards 1:
    (1d20+10)[30]
    Archers:
    (1d20+10)[14]
    Individual Guy 1:
    (1d20+0)[7]
    Individual Guy 2:
    [roll]1d20+-1[/roll]
    Lich:
    (1d20+2)[14]

Your guide in front you each rise up the tunnel, the white stone gives way to plain grey rock periodically lined with clear layers of dull metal. You steadily approach the light until the skeleton crests the surface.

"Fire!" a mans voice shouts accompanied closely by the sounds of a great many arrows hitting bone and marble.

Your guide knocked out of the way s you all make it to the top. The hall is vast, easily a couple hundred foot wise and longer. Half-shattered stained glass windows filter the light of day above and you all see a balcony lined with two dozen archers reloading.

Below the ground floor boats a good sixty armed and armoured troops, a man in gleaming but otherwise humble armour at their head holding a white burning sword.

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

Guards 2: 30
    Sathonys: 24 TURN
    Gazze: 18
    Guards 1: 15
    Archers: 14
    Lich: 14
    Paranomasia: 10
    Individual Guy 1: 7
    Individual Guy 2: 2

With your arrival one group of guards rank u behind their shields.
    Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Guard troop 2 total defence.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2021-05-07 at 12:01 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Umbra appears cautiously over the edge of the parapet. The standard arrows of his enemies are not a huge danger to him, but the leader could be a genuine threat. He decides to allow the others to focus on the soldiers, while he tries to eliminate the leader facing the group.

He calls upon his mental fear powers, and attacks the enemy's mind.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show
    (1d20+21)[39] Perception check
    (1d20+12)[25] Ranged Touch attack for a Ranged Mindlock power on the enemy leader. Will DC is 24 to break the Mindlock.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Gazze looks slightly annoyed at having to exert himself. He draws from his inner power reserves and launches an electrical arc towards the group of archers, which expands outward at impact, chaining to the others nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending mythic power to use Wild Arcana to cast Chain Lightning. CL is 13, but 17 vs Spell Resistance. Save DC 26 (Reflex, enhanced by Eagle's Splendor)
    Damage roll (13d6)[52] electricity damage
    Caster level check vs SR (if necessary) (1d20+17)[27]

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

29. - Top - End - #59

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

Guards 2: 30
    Sathonys: 24 TURN
    Gazze: 18
    Guards 1: 15
    Archers: 14
    Lich: 14
    Umbra: 10
    Paranomasia: 10 TURN
    Head Guard: 7
    Individual Guy: 2

Spoiler: Rolls&Actions:
    Show

Guards 1:
    Total defence.
    FORT: (1d20+13)[22]

Archers:
    REF: (1d20+12)[30]
    volley fire.

Lich:
    Casts Cloudkill

Head Guard:
    WILL: (1d20+12)[17]

Hit?:
    Crit?:
    Damage?:

Quick on the mark Gazze's lightning the archers responded well, he front rank ducking and falling back to dodge the bolts while the next steps forward to replace their comrades. Yet some are too slow and others are caught by surprise as the lightning jumps from victim to victim like it has it's own malevolence, falling to the ground blackened.

At the same time back on the ground, the commander Frowns as he looks at you all.

Show
    Mindlock was successful

The remaining guards on the ground finish ranking up and planting shields. This proves to be a bad idea as the lich thrusts out a hand to summon a cloud of purplish vapor that begins chocking the guards.

The recovering archers strike now in a volly of fire, raining arrows among you.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

[roll]
    Everyone is still grouped together so everyone is hit. Damage was rolled off site as I had to post the page for prior rolls.
    DC20 REF for half[/roll]
    Lich: 13
    Umbra: 15
    Gazze : 17
    Sathonys: 18
    Paronomasia: 15

Lich Ref: failed

A noise behind you alerts you all to another man in plate trying to creep over to you from behind a statue, and poorly at that.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2021-05-07 at 01:31 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

With a languidly waved hand and a brief sibilant chant, Sathonys conjured a barrier in the air between his group and the archers to block any further arrows.