New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Artemisia - IC Thread

Katherine eyes Havok weighing the gold, then addresses the guild master Thank you, we'll put this to good use. If you need anything else, we should be in Glitbury at least a little while longer. Though I hope we might get some time to rest and take care of personal matters first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Katherine eyes Havok weighing the gold, then addresses the guild master Thank you, we'll put this to good use. If you need anything else, we should be in Glitbury at least a little while longer. Though I hope we might get some time to rest and take care of personal matters first.
    "Of course, we have more contracts like this, if you're willing." The guildmaster stood up, stretching his back. The guildmaster laughs mirthfully, as he begins to walk out of his office. "But please, come back tomorrow. Get your rest, because Gods know I want mine."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With that, you divvy the gold up evenly amongst yourselves and take your leave of the guild master and Adeleisa. Walking out of the guild master's office, you step into the common room, now almost empty of life, and then out into the streets of Glitbury and the cool night air. Since it is night, there are few people on the streets, aside from the soldiers and guards keeping watch on the corners of the streets, their worn lanterns glowing brightly. Candles provide small glows of light to help those return to their homes, but otherwise, the streets are dark, lit only by the first-quarter moon shining above. With this, those in your party who have lanterns or candles light them, to not be apprehended by the guards, and you all make your way to the nearest inn for rest. You quickly find an inn, marked by a sign with seven stars on it, and walk in. There's a roaring fire in the fireplace off to the left wall, and tables are placed around the main room. Patrons mingle around the room and the tables, and some drink over by a bar, with a man working said bar. All in all, a pretty quiet, easy place

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Zephyranthes of House Rose
    Human Artificer
    AC: 19 HP: 28/28
    PP: 9 PIv: 13 PIs: 9
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

"Your finest available room please." Zephyr says to the innkeeper, basically immediately upon entry. This might not be the fanciest of places, but after their recent travels she'd appreciate what little luxury she could get. And besides, she'd need a bit of space to work on her armor.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Havok darts to the side at Zephs loud demand as they walk in, works his way to the end of the bar and waves over the Bar tender.

"I'm going to need 5 shots and 5 ales, none of your finest just something drinkable, if its local that be nice. Also how many rooms do you have available?"

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The bartender looks at Havok with disdain and was about to answer both him and Zephyr when a man in chain mail and what looked like lamellar armor spoke up. "Spoken like a man from my own heart! Innkeeper, I'll pay for this man's drinks!" The innkeeper rolls his eyes but begins to pour Havok's drinks out. He finally gets a chance to speak to Zephyr and Havok, as a maid quickly comes and takes the drinks.

"Well, every room is as 'fine' as can be, milady, since it ain't just a simple bed. It'll cost you 15 livres for a private room, same goes for you, tiefling. I've got five available. That good?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Zephyr pays for her room and adds, "Perhaps we could also have something to eat with our drinks?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Human Artificer

Zephyr pays for her room and adds, "Perhaps we could also have something to eat with our drinks?"
    "Of course, what are you in the mood for? Perhaps a fine cut of beef?" The innkeeper takes Zephyr's livres, putting them into a coin pouch, then handing her an iron key
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2022-02-19 at 11:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Zephyr looks around to the rest of the group, "If that suits all of you...?"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Havok's eyes start to flare at the contempt in the barkeeps face and is about to lash out when he is distracted by the armored stranger. "Thank you for the drinks" Looking back at the Barkeep, drops 15 livres. "I will take one of those rooms and make it 6 of each drink." Looking back at Zeph and the stranger, "Beef sounds great, we will have it at that table back in the corner, Care to join us for one of these drinks?"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaximus View Post
    Havok's eyes start to flare at the contempt in the barkeeps face and is about to lash out when he is distracted by the armored stranger. "Thank you for the drinks" Looking back at the Barkeep, drops 15 livres. "I will take one of those rooms and make it 6 of each drink." Looking back at Zeph and the stranger, "Beef sounds great, we will have it at that table back in the corner, Care to join us for one of these drinks?"
    "Whoa, easy there. Not many like someone loudly, and honestly rather rudely, announcing themselves. But I would love to join your group. The name's Gunjar, by the way." By now, it's clear that Gunjar is not Altesian or even Alaisian. He speaks Alaisian with a very different accent, and he keeps his long blond hair in a partial braid not seen in Altesian men, with a large, equally blond, beard. The innkeeper, meanwhile, takes the coins, happier now that the tiefling has been calmed down. He goes over to a cellar and instructs someone down there to begin cooking two good cuts of beef for some patrons.

Taking your seats, Gunjar starts to drink out of his mug. "So, what brings you to Glitbury?" he asks the party at large after putting down his drink

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Same thing that brings me to most of these crap towns, supplies and coin. But as grateful as I am for the drinks, the better question is, What brings you to us?" Havok drops his shot into his tankard and downs them together, and crosses his arms as he leans back.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Same thing that brings me to most of these crap towns, supplies and coin. But as grateful as I am for the drinks, the better question is, What brings you to us?" Havok drops his shot into his tankard and downs them together, and crosses his arms as he leans back.
    Gunjar laughs, taking another swig of his drink. "Oh, nothing much. I'm just another sellsword trying to make his way in the world. Lot's of potential hirers here in Glitbury. Goblins and such, I believe."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue
    AC: 15 HP: 15/15
    PP: 19 PIv: 20 PIs: 14

Jean raised an eyebrow. "Goblins, you say?"

That sounds more like what I'd wanted to cut my teeth on. Unless they have a lich.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean raised an eyebrow. "Goblins, you say?"

That sounds more like what I'd wanted to cut my teeth on. Unless they have a lich.
    "Aye. From what I hear, there was a large goblin incursion in the western reaches of Artemisia, and there's still more than a few remnants left. Perhaps you know something about it? Gunjar finished what was left of his drink, putting down the empty mug.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Zephyr nods affirmatively, but doesn't say anything.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"I would let someone pay me to light up some goblins. You know anybody that's paying?"

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"As I understand it, the Merchants' Guild has been hiring adventurers and mercenaries for jobs related to that. Perhaps speak to them about it?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

" Ay they mentioned something about more contracts, didnt specifically mention goblins, but guess we can go check on that in the morning." Havok looks around for that roasted meat that they ordered. "Im game for whatever gets me out of town, gets me money, and lets me hunt, but right now id like to eat"

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

" Ay they mentioned something about more contracts, didnt specifically mention goblins, but guess we can go check on that in the morning." Havok looks around for that roasted meat that they ordered. "Im game for whatever gets me out of town, gets me money, and lets me hunt, but right now id like to eat"
    As if on cue, a serving lady brings out five sizzling cuts of beef on wooden plates. She places them down and moves off to continue her duties. Gunjar eyes the meat but says nothing about it. Well now, you must have some good... what's the word I'm looking for...? 'Repoire' with them." Gunjar says the word almost as if it's foreign to him. "But yeah, they've got some good contracts. Not many else in town trust a Nord, too. Bad blood and history, and all that."
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2022-02-24 at 09:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Zephyr nods again, and when the food arrives she begins eating in a notably formal manners fashion (for a societal time period quite a bit in the future), using utensils of her own make rather than using her hands. If she gets any odd looks from this, she ignores them unless someone actually goes so far to comment.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2022-02-24 at 12:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Havok makes a knife appear in his hand and cuts his food into large but "bitesize" pieces and then lets the knife vanish, as he starts picking up the pieces and starts eating.
    "Im not in the habit of trusting anyone, but since you bought the round I'll make an exception"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean smiles. "I'll drink to that." He raises his mug. "To trust and generosity?"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gunjar raises his mug. "Til trúa ok stórmennska" He taps his mug with Jean's and drinks

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean drinks as well.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Havok raises his tankard "Jeg'm jertz oz feasting oz gotek ugattun vaem tho goth" and takes another drink as he continues to throw chunks of meat into his mouth.

"So you are a long way from home to be goblin hunting, what brings you this far south?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Havok raises his tankard "Jeg'm jertz oz feasting oz gotek ugattun vaem tho goth" and takes another drink as he continues to throw chunks of meat into his mouth.

"So you are a long way from home to be goblin hunting, what brings you this far south?"
    "Opportunity, of course! A reason shared by more than a few sellswords like myself, especially since folks down here pay well. Also keeps me away from the jarls and their petty wars, not that the lords down here are any better in that regard

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

"And the common people aren't always better about it, either," Jean mutters into his tankard.

"Yeah, I think I'd rather protect the people than protect a lord's interests, too." Jean says in a normal conversational tone.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2022-02-28 at 09:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Zephyr makes a small face, briefly, at Jean's comment. But quickly resumes eating.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Still tossing bites into his mouth and downing more drink, "Sounds like people are the problem, maybe we should be taking the goblin's money to hunt for them"
    Havok chuckles to himself as he takes another drink.