PP: 9 PIv: 13 PIs: 9
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Zephyr shakes her head and replies, "No. I improved it last night."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Adventures in Artemisia - IC Thread

Havok kind of stumbles down the stairs rubbing his eyes and makes his way over to his fellows. After sitting down he puts an arm up in the air, "Eggs, Meat, and Ale Please" he says towards the bar. Acknowledges his fellows but not really saying anything yet.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Xander and Katherine arrive downstairs, each taking bread and a mug of light ale for breakfast. They all greeted the party. "Are we planning to take the goblin contract?" Xander asks the party between bites of bread.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue
    AC: 15 HP: 15/15
    PP: 19 PIv: 20 PIs: 14

Jean nods. "That's the idea. I think?" He looks around at the others. "That is the plan, right?"

As an afterthought, he turns to the innkeeper and says "I'll just have the eggs, please. And... is water on the menu?"

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yes, water is always available," the innkeeper replies as the party turns over the money. Within minutes, the party's breakfast has come out, and is ready to eat
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2022-05-06 at 09:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

After some food and drink Havok perks up, a little bit anyway. Raises one hand with a thumbs up, "Sure, why not, lets take out some goblins. hopefully one of them isn't a lich also"

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaximus View Post
    After some food and drink Havok perks up, a little bit anyway. Raises one hand with a thumbs up, "Sure, why not, lets take out some goblins. hopefully one of them isn't a lich also"
    "Goblins, you say?" Katharina raises her head at the suggestion. "What exactly is the contract, now… I might tag along."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Don't have the details yet, just know they've got some. More than welcome to come have some fun" Havok continues eating his breakfast at a leisurely pace.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean nods. "We could certainly use another sword. Or another..." He looks to see what weapon Katharina actually carries. "Crossbow."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gunjar, having been sitting at a table in the corner, stands up. "I heard you were thinking of taking the goblin contract. Do you mind if I join in?" Gunjar put a hand to his axe. "I am more than capable of holding my own"

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Zephyranthes of House Rose
    Human Artificer
    AC: 19 HP: 28/28

Zephyr nods and makes a "go ahead" motion in reply.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean nods as well. "Like I said to Katharina: we won't turn away an extra sword."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Then it's settled." Gunjar grins. With this, the party leaves the tavern and makes their way through the city of Glitbury, back to the guildhall. The city is much more active during the daytime, with market stalls filled and the sound of activity resounds throughout the city. As you walk through the guildhall, it seems rather busy. Will you look around for Adeleisa, or do something else?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean looks (and listens) around to see if anyone looks particularly upset or out of sorts: he's pretty sure the goblin contract is their best lead, but he wants to know what the gang's other options are.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2022-06-09 at 03:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You all make your way to the guildmaster's office, as you've been to twice before. Inside, the guildmaster, Michiel Bruneau sits at his desk, reading some documents. He looks up from them as you enter, and smiles. "Ah, it's you all, again. Wonderful to see you, again. I take it you all are here for more contracts?"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

“If you have more money to spend then I got time to listen”

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean nods. "I think someone mentioned a goblin problem, at the tavern last night. Do you have any contracts related to that?"

Jean was a little uncomfortable asking that directly, since he remembered that Grim (who wasn't actually human) seemed to sympathize with the goblins. But maybe there would be a solution to whatever problem the Merchants were having that didn't involve killing every goblin in the vicinity?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2022-07-12 at 03:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Michiel nods his head. "Aye. As you may be aware, Glitbury stands at the crossroads of many trade routes and thus is a nexus of trade for much of western Artemisia. Therefore, the Merchants' Guild monitors the trade routes in every direction coming in and out of the city. Because of this, it has come to our attention that goblin raids have been picking up along the routes going towards Thasia. Now, it can be assumed that this is just soldiers being shifted away from the roads thanks to the King's... recent hostilities with Thasia, but survivors have told my merchants that these goblins seem far more organized and disciplined than before, almost as if someone is training them."

Michiel cleared his throat before continuing. "Therefore, we need someone on the ground out there. Gaining information and the like. If you don't kill any goblins, that's fine. If you somehow kill every goblin in the area, even better. Regardless, we need information on what's going on up there, so we can better ascertain what to do from here."

Michiel opens a drawer in his desk and pulls out a piece of parchment, a contract. "If you are willing to undertake this contract, you may sign this document at the bottom."

Spoiler: Contract Text
    Show

Printed in large letters are the terms of the contract, spread out so as to fill the page, with the seal of the Merchant's Guild printed on one side of the page. It states,

"Ordered and paid in advance by the guildmaster Michiel Bruneau, the client, this contract, binding in honor of the elements, set upon the agreed contractors of the Merchants' Guild of Glitbury the task of locating and completing the below-listed objective. This contract is good for two weeks, and should the contract not be fulfilled within that time period, all payments are rendered null and void, and the contractors may not take more contracts with the Merchants' Guild within the current and next month, outside of the Guildmaster's willful forgiveness. The objective has been approved for completion by Guildmaster Michiel Bruneau. The objective: obtaining meaningful information on the origin of goblin raids on the northern trade routes, and the returning thereof. Fee to be due upon completion: 600 gold livres, with potential for more at the Guildmaster's discretion for whatever he deems necessary. The Guildmaster wishes to note to the contractors that killing of goblins is not necessary for completion and that other anecdotal information on the goblins is welcome."

At the bottom, Michiel has signed his name, with the title of "Guildmaster".
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2022-07-14 at 09:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Zephyranthes of House Rose
    Human Artificer
    AC: 19 HP: 28/28

After looking over the contract, Zephyr looks to the others and nods her approval.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean makes sure to read the contract as well, and nods when he's done. Then he looks around at the rest of the group. "It looks good to me. Any objections?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2022-07-17 at 05:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If the group has no objections, you all sign the document and are presented by the guildmaster with a rolled-up piece of paper, which is, when unrolled, a map, a map of Altesia, to be specific. It's marked with Xs all along the northern border regions with Thasia. "This is a map of all of the reported attacks. Travel to these locations, and ask the villages around there if they have seen anything, or if the Duke of Creuse has recorded anything, as well. This is of utmost importance to us, so please, do well. Gods be with you."
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2022-08-23 at 11:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Havok gives a thumbs up and takes the map to have a look. "well since these are on the northern border I guess we should get going. By the By, the extra pay clause, anything in particular that would fall in that category? Certain number of heads or just really good information? I always like to have a satisfied customer especially when there's extra pay involved." Havok looks around hoping he isnt the only one curious.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean thinks for a second. He doesn't necessarily want us killing goblins...

"If we manage to get a bonus by bringing back heads, it's probably more to do with the quality of heads we bring back than the quantity, right? If we manage to get whoever's running these raids, and bring back proof they won't be a problem anymore..."

"Though finding a way to talk them out of it might be safer for all concerned."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaximus View Post
    Havok gives a thumbs up and takes the map to have a look. "well since these are on the northern border I guess we should get going. By the By, the extra pay clause, anything in particular that would fall in that category? Certain number of heads or just really good information? I always like to have a satisfied customer especially when there's extra pay involved." Havok looks around hoping he isnt the only one curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean thinks for a second. He doesn't necessarily want us killing goblins...

"If we manage to get a bonus by bringing back heads, it's probably more to do with the quality of heads we bring back than the quantity, right? If we manage to get whoever's running these raids, and bring back proof they won't be a problem anymore..."

"Though finding a way to talk them out of it might be safer for all concerned."
    "I'm glad you asked. I'm mostly looking for information about goblin movements and how to ultimately curb them and resume trade. Any such information will earn extra pay. Now, as you've said, it's a long journey north, you best be going."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean Bijoutier
    Human Rogue

Jean nods. "Sounds good to me. You're right, we should get going. Thank you for your time."