New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Artemisia - IC Thread

Katherine reads and signs the contract The castrum, about how many days travel is it from here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Havok rolls his eyes discreetly at the knights comment. "Not a lot of Joke telling in all those years of "hard work" sweet heart. Titles in and of themselves don't measure the worth of a person, some of us have trained, studied, and dedicated our lives to a purpose without need for recognition. Let's go re-kill some undead." Crosses both sets of arms and leans against the wall, unconcerned with the guild leadership situation just waiting for action and payment

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean tries to intercede. "Look, Havok, I think you're taking this a bit far. But yeah. Focusing on re-killing some undead sounds great. We can all agree on that, right?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-01 at 03:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Zephyranthes of House Rose
    Human Artificer
    AC: 18 HP: 11/11
    PP: 9 PIv: 13 PIs: 9
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Zephyranthes doesn't immediately respond to Havok's rudeness, merely giving a polite nod to each person as they introduce themselves in turn. Only after finishing reading the contract and singing it, and waiting for the others to do so, she turns to him and says, "Please do not claim titles you have not earned. In jest it is disrespectful of those of us who have put in the effort to earn them and attempt of deceit may be a punishable offense."
    Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Xander Laflamme looked over the contract and signed it. Xander Laflamme Paladin of Pelor he smiled when he heard the comment by the knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    Jean was a bit nervous about the fact that he didn't know how many undead were out there... but he looked at the knights and the four-armed barbarian. "Yeah. I think between us, we can do this thing."

Once he signed, he turned to the drow. "This may not be my place to ask, so if you tell me to stop prying I will, but... Acting Guildmaster? Most of the contract refers to a man who's actually holding the office."
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Katherine reads and signs the contract The castrum, about how many days travel is it from here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimaximus View Post
    Havok rolls his eyes discreetly at the knights comment. "Not a lot of Joke telling in all those years of "hard work" sweet heart. Titles in and of themselves don't measure the worth of a person, some of us have trained, studied, and dedicated our lives to a purpose without need for recognition. Let's go re-kill some undead." Crosses both sets of arms and leans against the wall, unconcerned with the guild leadership situation just waiting for action and payment
    Jean tries to intercede. "Look, Havok, I think you're taking this a bit far. But yeah. Focusing on re-killing some undead sounds great. We can all agree on that, right?"
    Adeleisa watched the little spat quietly, before answering any questions. "Now, with that out of the way. You had answers, yes?" She turned to Jean. "As the actual Guildmaster, that being the client Michiel Bruneau, is currently away and unable to attend to his duties, it falls to me to act in his stead as Acting Guildmaster. I'm not currently the Guildmaster, but rather, a representative of him in his absence." She then turned to Katherine, who had asked the next question. "I believe it was stated in your contract that you were to locate the objective yourselves. It doesn't fall on me to tell you. However, I may not say, but there are others within this guild, or even this city, who would be inclined to tell you."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Well lets get started then. Any of you lot familiar with this place? or should you all start asking around downstairs?, they havent been to keen on my presence down there. If we have no luck down with that snobby bunch I can reach out to some folks on the edges of town that I ran into coming in to this town."
    Last edited by Grimaximus; 2021-02-02 at 11:43 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Zephyranthes blinks in surprise for a moment and then comments, "I did not expect 'locate' to be quite so literal on the list of our objectives. A strange system, I would think the priority of everyone involved would be to assure quests actually gets completed rather than to introduce further unnecessary complications into the world that might result in people dying." There's just a hint of judgment in her tone like she's holding back from just saying 'this is stupid and immoral'

"As you say Havok." Zephyranthes barely avoids rolling her eyes at just the name, "It seems your presence would be a detriment. Let the rest of us go see if others here are inclined to point us in the right direction." She does not specify if she means Havok's presence would be a detriment in this situation or just in the more broad sense.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to make a History check to see if Zephyranthes just off-hand knows where the old Augustan castrum of Lincium is. Or at least Lincium. If so I'll edit this post, so let me know in the discord.

History: (1d20+5)[9]

As it happened she knew, vaguely, where Lincium was and knew she could probably find it without help, and even some of the history behind it. But since this was apparently a part of how this guild operates, this was the ideal situation to determine how helpful other guild members were likely to be in the future. And she wanted to see how the rest of her new companions behaved. Havok's behavior had rather overshadowed everyone else's.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2021-02-02 at 02:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Xander Laflamme checked his equipment. Maybe we can rent horses or see if a merchant will take us on. I would rather spend an hour looking for a ride then walking the whole way.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Katherine shrugs and says Let's ask downstairs and see if anyone has an idea of where Lincium is. Also, I don't think I have the money for a horse. She heads down stairs, her pack clattering obviously against the shield she has slung across it. It sounds a bit metallic, indicating she tucked her armor away while in town. Once downstairs again, she looks for someone who looks less busy and approaches them Excuse me. Do you happen to know the location of the old Augustan castrum, Lincium, by chance? We've been tasked with dispatching the monsters who've been giving your guild such trouble. She gives a pleasant smile as she speaks.

Spoiler: Persuasion?
    Show

(1d20+4)[18]
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean follows Zephyr and Katherine down the stairs.

Now, one of these people should know where to find that ruin we're meant to clean out...

He sees Katherine talking to one of the functionaries. That woman is smooth. She should be a merchant herself.

Jean elects to stay silent and watch the master at work.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-04 at 01:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

After most of the others go down stairs to make their quarries Havok leans forward.

"Pardon Lady Adelasia, but I was wondering. You are a Drow are you not? Your kind is as welcome around here as mine and yet you have found your way to second in command, and current acting leader of a prestigious Guild. I mean no disrespect, but only wonder how you were able to accomplish this?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Well lets get started then. Any of you lot familiar with this place? or should you all start asking around downstairs?, they havent been to keen on my presence down there. If we have no luck down with that snobby bunch I can reach out to some folks on the edges of town that I ran into coming in to this town."
    Human Artificer

Zephyranthes blinks in surprise for a moment and then comments, "I did not expect 'locate' to be quite so literal on the list of our objectives. A strange system, I would think the priority of everyone involved would be to assure quests actually gets completed rather than to introduce further unnecessary complications into the world that might result in people dying." There's just a hint of judgment in her tone like she's holding back from just saying 'this is stupid and immoral'

"As you say Havok." Zephyranthes barely avoids rolling her eyes at just the name, "It seems your presence would be a detriment. Let the rest of us go see if others here are inclined to point us in the right direction." She does not specify if she means Havok's presence would be a detriment in this situation or just in the more broad sense.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to make a History check to see if Zephyranthes just off-hand knows where the old Augustan castrum of Lincium is. Or at least Lincium. If so I'll edit this post, so let me know in the discord.

History: [roll0]

As it happened she knew, vaguely, where Lincium was and knew she could probably find it without help, and even some of the history behind it. But since this was apparently a part of how this guild operates, this was the ideal situation to determine how helpful other guild members were likely to be in the future. And she wanted to see how the rest of her new companions behaved. Havok's behavior had rather overshadowed everyone else's.
    Xander Laflamme checked his equipment. Maybe we can rent horses or see if a merchant will take us on. I would rather spend an hour looking for a ride then walking the whole way.
    Katherine shrugs and says Let's ask downstairs and see if anyone has an idea of where Lincium is. Also, I don't think I have the money for a horse. She heads down stairs, her pack clattering obviously against the shield she has slung across it. It sounds a bit metallic, indicating she tucked her armor away while in town. Once downstairs again, she looks for someone who looks less busy and approaches them Excuse me. Do you happen to know the location of the old Augustan castrum, Lincium, by chance? We've been tasked with dispatching the monsters who've been giving your guild such trouble. She gives a pleasant smile as she speaks.

Spoiler: Persuasion?
    Show

[roll0]
    Jean follows Zephyr and Katherine down the stairs.

Now, one of these people should know where to find that ruin we're meant to clean out...

He sees Katherine talking to one of the functionaries. That woman is smooth. She should be a merchant herself.

Jean elects to stay silent and watch the master at work.
    The merchant smiled warmly. "Yes, I know where Lincium is. Do you have a map? I'm going to mark it on the map, if it's large enough. If not, I can get one, and mark it there."
    After most of the others go down stairs to make their quarries Havok leans forward.

"Pardon Lady Adelasia, but I was wondering. You are a Drow are you not? Your kind is as welcome around here as mine and yet you have found your way to second in command, and current acting leader of a prestigious Guild. I mean no disrespect, but only wonder how you were able to accomplish this?"
    Adeleisa looked amused, as if this wasn't the first time she received such a question. "Because I was not raised by the Drow. For one reason or another, my birth parents decided I wasn't worth the trouble of raising, and took me to the surface, for some surface-dweller to find. Sure enough, I was found by some human merchants, and they adopted me, despite the fact that they knew I was a Drow. Because of this, I was raised in the surface world, and worked my way up to here. Frankly, if any "real" Drow met me, they'd despise me because I wasn't raised in their society, and I haven't sworn loyalty to their precious Spider Queen."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Katherine hands the merchant her map Thank you. Hopefully we can take care of this quickly.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Noticing that Katherine had managed to already get the answer they needed she comes closer and says, "I suppose someone should go tell....Havok we know where we're going and, I presume we're ready to head out?" There's a pause as she says the name, because she paused to mentally roll her eyes again. And then there's a pause after she speaks as she's hoping someone else volunteers for the task.

Spoiler
    Show

This assumes the merchant actually marked a spot she thinks is correct based on what she knows.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Much respect M'lady, It seems as though we have more in common than I imagined. I can only hope that in the future I can be accepted and respected as you have. I look forward to speaking with you more in the future."

Havok anxiously awaits his new companions return as he is still uncomfortable in this place, though less so now, and is ready to go on this mission.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean nods. "I can do it."

He walks back up the stairs. "Havok? We think we've found a lead. Are you ready to get started?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Xander looked around the room at all the merchants. Excuse me, my fellow warriors and I are trying to get to Lincium and was wondering if anyone need guards in return for transportation.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Katherine hands the merchant her map Thank you. Hopefully we can take care of this quickly.
    Human Artificer

Noticing that Katherine had managed to already get the answer they needed she comes closer and says, "I suppose someone should go tell....Havok we know where we're going and, I presume we're ready to head out?" There's a pause as she says the name, because she paused to mentally roll her eyes again. And then there's a pause after she speaks as she's hoping someone else volunteers for the task.

Spoiler
    Show

This assumes the merchant actually marked a spot she thinks is correct based on what she knows.

"Much respect M'lady, It seems as though we have more in common than I imagined. I can only hope that in the future I can be accepted and respected as you have. I look forward to speaking with you more in the future."

Havok anxiously awaits his new companions return as he is still uncomfortable in this place, though less so now, and is ready to go on this mission.
    Jean nods. "I can do it."

He walks back up the stairs. "Havok? We think we've found a lead. Are you ready to get started?"
    Xander looked around the room at all the merchants. Excuse me, my fellow warriors and I are trying to get to Lincium and was wondering if anyone need guards in return for transportation.
    The party assembled in the common room, as they pored over the location the merchant had marked on their map. As luck would have it, it wasn't very far from Glitbury. One could determine that the group would make it just before dusk if they left now, and walked there on foot. Meanwhile, a young-looking merchant perked up upon hearing Xander's request/offer. "Oh, you're adventurers! Thank the Gods! I've been meaning to transports some textiles to the royal capital of Roallon, and was about to put an offer up for guarding the caravan. The trip should go by your destination, so why don't you join me, at least for the stretch to that castle or whatever?"

Spoiler: Rough location of Lincium
    Show

Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2021-02-08 at 10:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, I can't speak for the others but I accept your offer. Xander said to the merchant. Will the rest of you join me.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

"I would be happy to provide protection to those traveling the roads for as long as our paths remain the same." Zephyranthes replies with a nod.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Katherine nods in agreement Indeed. Let's see to the safe passage of this caravan until we must delve into the castrum.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean nods. "It's a good deal for everyone, right?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"If you have the gold, you also have my sword. But we should be on our way quickly"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thank you, I can't speak for the others but I accept your offer. Xander said to the merchant. Will the rest of you join me.
    Human Artificer

"I would be happy to provide protection to those traveling the roads for as long as our paths remain the same." Zephyranthes replies with a nod.
    Katherine nods in agreement Indeed. Let's see to the safe passage of this caravan until we must delve into the castrum.
    Jean nods. "It's a good deal for everyone, right?"
    "If you have the gold, you also have my sword. But we should be on our way quickly"
    "Oh, thank you! Thank you!" The merchant shuffled through his area, grabbing a bag, and a belt with a mace and dagger. It was clear that from the weapons he was carrying, he still meant to defend himself and his caravan, with or without guards. "Give me a moment to set up my caravan, and let my business partners know. We'll be off before you know it!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eventually, the man returned. "We're all set. Come with me to the northern gate to the city. That's where my caravan is stationed. When we get there, we can head off."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Jean nods. "So, does that mean we're ready to go?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarCowboy View Post
    Eventually, the man returned. "We're all set. Come with me to the northern gate to the city. That's where my caravan is stationed. When we get there, we can head off."
    Excellent! Let's be off as they walk Katherine mentions to the merchant I don't believe I caught your name. I am Katherine
    Last edited by Luccan; 2021-02-11 at 04:31 PM.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I follow along keeping an eye on our new merchant patron and on our surroundings as we head out of town.
    Last edited by Grimaximus; 2021-02-11 at 05:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

perception
    (1d20-2)[17]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jean nods. "So, does that mean we're ready to go?"
    Excellent! Let's be off as they walk Katherine mentions to the merchant I don't believe I caught your name. I am Katherine
    I follow along keeping an eye on our new merchant patron and on our surroundings as we head out of town.
    perception
    [roll0]
    "Yes, indeed. Let us be off!" the merchant started walking, and you soon follow him. The merchant turned as Katherine introduced herself. "Well, met, madam. I am Jacques, a pleasure to meet you."

Spoiler: For Grim
    Show

As you look around, you seem to feel, but not exactly see, someone or something follow you. You don't get the feeling that this "presence" is hostile, but you just can't shake the feeling that you're being watched

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Human Artificer

Following after Jacques, Zephyranthes introduces herself, "Zephyranthes of House Rose, of Our Lady of the Dawn's Most Beatific Order of Knights Arcane, at your service Mr. Jacques." There isn't quite a smile to go with the words, but she does give a polite nod at least.